DJ vs. DJ, MCS technique levels the playing field between athletic phenom and your average couch po

[quote name='HitEmTrue' timestamp='1429542222' post='11397513']
[quote name='Chief Cowpie' timestamp='1429539862' post='11397235']
Perhaps I should change the title of this thread with you guys asking for honesty:

[b] DJ vs. DJ, MCS technique levels the playing field between athletic phenom and your average couch potato with poor hand eye coordination and a bad back.[/b]
[/quote]

This guy with poor hand-eye coordination?

"Despite not having played organized ball before the 10th grade, I decided to give high school basketball a shot.

I only played two full seasons of high school basketball, but I did set the senior team school scoring record in a tournament with 50 points in a game against a top-ranked Toronto area school."
[/quote]

That was almost 30 years ago and that glory has long since left the house. The only thing DJ Watts is dunking now is donuts. The truth in this technology is for all of us as the glory of our youth with flexible elastic muscles soon fades and so too the performance of these youth dependent elastic swings fades but with UMCS, we can be couch potato flame throwers for life.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1429579425' post='11402989']
DJ, since you have admitted you took 6 months off, how seriously should we take your swing research/ golfing in general? Most guys who are good at teaching/researching this game seem to hone their craft year round, not take half of it off. Also, can you answer all the questions being asked or are you just avoiding the ones you don't know the answers to? If you don't answer this one, I will properly assume that the answer to that last one is "Yes".
[/quote]

Answer my question - why don't you post your swing?

[quote name='flatnstuck' timestamp='1429586251' post='11404103']
[quote name='jgonz69' timestamp='1429577755' post='11402723']
Ok thanks. Thought you were gonna answer, not pile on.
[/quote]

Well, there aren't a lot of steep, saggy kneed, goat humping flip/throwers out there that I'd like to emulate. Can you play good golf that way? Yes. Would I recommend it, try to copy it or pass it off as the next hot swing theory? Heeellllll no.
[/quote]

Show us your swing.

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1429625582' post='11406477']
DJ, since you have admitted you took 6 months off, how seriously should we take your swing research/ golfing in general? Most guys who are good at teaching/researching this game seem to hone their craft year round, not take half of it off. Also, can you answer all the questions being asked or are you just avoiding the ones you don't know the answers to? If you don't answer this one, I will properly assume that the answer to that last one is "Yes".
[/quote]

[/quote]

People whose opinions I care about have seen my swing. A number of them are on this board. Rest assured, you are not among those people. If you want to discount my opinions for that reason, you are free to do so, in fact, if you ignored every post I ever made again that would be a great outcome.
Finally, FYI, I actually have posted one before (on the swing vids section). It was a while ago, so go find it if you are that interested. But I'm not certainly going to do anything just cuz you are ordering me to do so.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1429625991' post='11406557']
[/quote]

[/quote]

People whose opinions I care about have seen my swing. A number of them are on this board. Rest assured, you are not among those people. If you want to discount my opinions for that reason, you are free to do so, in fact, if you ignored every post I ever made again that would be a great outcome.
Finally, FYI, I actually have posted one before (on the swing vids section). It was a while ago, so go find it if you are that interested. But I'm not certainly going to do anything just cuz you are ordering me to do so.
[/quote]

You order me to go find what I asked for? You have no credibility on an open forum without posting up.

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1429626597' post='11406661']
[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1429625991' post='11406557']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You order me to go find what I asked for? You have no credibility on an open forum without posting up.
[/quote]

As I said I have posted it. But even if you can't find it or don't want to, I don't care. I guess I have no credibility in mizuno joes world. I'm crushed, whatever will I do...

[quote name='Chief Cowpie' timestamp='1429620254' post='11405693']
That was almost 30 years ago and that glory has long since left the house. The only thing DJ Watts is dunking now is donuts. The truth in this technology is for all of us as the glory of our youth with flexible elastic muscles soon fades and so too the performance of these youth dependent elastic swings fades but with UMCS, we can be couch potato flame throwers for life.
[/quote]

Hand-eye coordination. He still has it.

He not only still has it, but his swing is completely dependent on it.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1429631965' post='11407505']
DJ Watts what's your ball-flight like?
[/quote]

More than likely pull fade to wipey fade.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1429625358' post='11406443']
[quote name='flatnstuck' timestamp='1429573086' post='11402053']
His swing looks really good if you don't know what a really good swing looks like.
[/quote]

Post your really good swing.
[/quote]

Ahhh. Logical fallacy. I don't have to currently have a great swing to know when I see a not so great one.

I can post my swing if you really need a pecker measuring contest. But I'm not on here trying to sell my move to the masses while refusing to answer questions by excellent known instructors.

[quote name='TLUBulldogGolf' timestamp='1429632213' post='11407545']
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you'd seen DJ's old swings when he used to frequent this forum more regularly I would have said the same thing. He was incredibly steep and you could tell his miss would be right. The swings he's just posted in this thread look more like he's hitting draws to me.

A better question is not what his preferred ball flight looks like, but what do his misses look like? It's easy to cherry pick swings on camera and show only the straight balls, but what happens with this swing on the course? Those iron swings look like he's real close to hitting a lot of chunks....

There have been a lot of goofy looking swings that made a lot of money on the PGA Tour. It's easy for us to forget that in the world of video analysis and the abundance of guys who play "golf swing" instead of playing golf. What those of us actually interested in improving our golf games keep asking (with no answers from DJ) is what sort of GOLF results does DJ's model create. All I've been able to discern so far is that DJ's model is a hip turn/elevated lead foot in the backswing, and then either a right or left handed "throw" through impact. Oh and it's not supposed to injure anyone. That's the extent of things from what I've seen.

So again, we have to ask you DJ/Chief, why would anyone follow your model other than to hit the ball further with potentially less strain on the back? (since no one can prove their swing method won't ever injure anyone) What are the results in terms of standard ballstriking stats? Have you done the trackman combine to show your accuracy/consistency throughout the bag? I'd love to see that or any of your students doing something similar. Those are the kinds of things that will get noticed. Not a cheap ball speed monitor.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

[quote name='drewtaylor21' timestamp='1429634596' post='11407909']
[quote name='TLUBulldogGolf' timestamp='1429632213' post='11407545']
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you'd seen DJ's old swings when he used to frequent this forum more regularly I would have said the same thing. He was incredibly steep and you could tell his miss would be right. The swings he's just posted in this thread look more like he's hitting draws to me.

A better question is not what his preferred ball flight looks like, but what do his misses look like? It's easy to cherry pick swings on camera and show only the straight balls, but what happens with this swing on the course? Those iron swings look like he's real close to hitting a lot of chunks....

There have been a lot of goofy looking swings that made a lot of money on the PGA Tour. It's easy for us to forget that in the world of video analysis and the abundance of guys who play "golf swing" instead of playing golf. What those of us actually interested in improving our golf games keep asking (with no answers from DJ) is what sort of GOLF results does DJ's model create. All I've been able to discern so far is that DJ's model is a hip turn/elevated lead foot in the backswing, and then either a right or left handed "throw" through impact. Oh and it's not supposed to injure anyone. That's the extent of things from what I've seen.

So again, we have to ask you DJ/Chief, why would anyone follow your model other than to hit the ball further with potentially less strain on the back? (since no one can prove their swing method won't ever injure anyone) What are the results in terms of standard ballstriking stats? Have you done the trackman combine to show your accuracy/consistency throughout the bag? I'd love to see that or any of your students doing something similar. Those are the kinds of things that will get noticed. Not a cheap ball speed monitor.
[/quote]

Great points, which means they will more than likely be ignored.

Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

ProV1x

Hello friends,

DJ Watts is in preparation to begin his scientific presentation and verification of the UMCS to the world that will take approximately 2 weeks time. The world has waited many hundreds of years for the perfection of the golf swing and so I think 2 more weeks shouldn't be too much more to ask. Thank you for your patience. All your questions shall be answered.

The best, Chief Cowpie

[quote name='Chief Cowpie' timestamp='1429641973' post='11408955']
Hello friends,

DJ Watts is in preparation to begin his scientific presentation and verification of the UMCS to the world that will take approximately 2 weeks time. The world has waited many hundreds of years for the perfection of the golf swing and so I think 2 more weeks shouldn't be too much more to ask. Thank you for your patience. All your questions shall be answered.

The best, Chief Cowpie
[/quote]

I can't tell if this is all shtick and sarcasm.

Bridgestone J33R speeder 652X
Titleist 910f 15 diamana kai'li s
Ping G30 5 wood S tour spec
Ping G30 7 wood S tour spec
Mizuno MP 37 s300 P-3
Wishon 575 mmc cavity P-4 Aerotech I95 moi'd
Callaway Mac Daddy 2 tg 54° 60°
Scotty Cameron black studio design I 2001 (stolen haven't found replacement)

[quote name='spider' timestamp='1429642866' post='11409101']
Hello friends,

The best, Chief Cowpie
[/quote]

I can tell this is all shtick and sarcasm.
[/quote]

FIFY

Hello friends,

The best, Chief Cowpie
[/quote]

This is pure gold. After hundreds of years they have finally found the [b]ANSWER[/b]! He has [b]RISEN[/b]!

Hello friends,

The best, Chief Cowpie
[/quote]

Verification? By whom exactly? What a joke...

Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

ProV1x

[quote name='zzilb' timestamp='1429644951' post='11409379']
Hello friends,

The best, Chief Cowpie
[/quote]

This is pure gold. After hundreds of years they have finally found the [b]ANSWER[/b]! He has [b]RISEN[/b]!
[/quote]
He's discovered a method to hit a 300 yard drive within a long drive grid 1 out of every 10 drives. But you also have to be 8 feet tall like DJ Watts and have the ability to score 50 points in a high school basketball game two years after taking up the sport.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Hello friends,

DJ Watts is in preparation to begin his scientific presentation and verification of the UMCS to the world that will take approximately 2 weeks time. The world has waited many hundreds of years for the perfection of the golf swing and so I think 2 more weeks shouldn't be too much more to ask. Thank you for your patience. All your questions shall be answered [size=1]For 3 low payments of $19.99[/size].

The best, Chief Cowpie
[/quote]

Fixed that for you

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Hello friends,

The best, Chief Cowpie
[/quote]

[/quote]

For people who know DJ Watts, I assure you all there is no shtick, sarcasm or hyperbole. Patience my friends, patience. The answers you have long sought from those ancient days of yore when sheepherders roamed those ocean side windswept plains of Scotland shall soon be answered. Two weeks my friends, only two weeks more. For some, the teachings and answers forthcoming shall be like a healing balm of joy and delight to what has plagued them for ages while for others, their heads shall burst open.

Chief, did Hogan have a MCS ? Snead ? Jones ? Nicklaus ? Are you repackaging and selling information that has been around for decades ?

Look at the bright side though ... when your sales pitch falls through, you can still brighten your resume with such terms as Director of Golf or Marketing Manager and no one will question you ...

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

[quote name='notsohard' timestamp='1429690487' post='11413697']
DJ, when you're swinging it good with your method can you at will play the 9 shots ?
High draw, straight and fade,
Normal flight draw, straight and fade,
and Low draw, straight and fade. ?
[/quote]

I think it should be 27 shots!

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='Chief Cowpie' timestamp='1429705000' post='11414131']
Hello friends,

The best, Chief Cowpie
[/quote]

[/quote]

For people who know DJ Watts, I assure you all there is no shtick, sarcasm or hyperbole. Patience my friends, patience. The answers you have long sought from those ancient days of yore when sheepherders roamed those ocean side windswept plains of Scotland shall soon be answered. Two weeks my friends, only two weeks more. For some, the teachings and answers forthcoming shall be like a healing balm of joy and delight to what has plagued them for ages while for others, their heads shall burst open.
[/quote]

Hey Chief. Since you seem to be a part of the DJ inner circle, I assume you already know the 'secret'. Just thought I would recommend that you update the handicap in your profile because surely someone possessing that secret doesn't play to a 7.

[quote name='Chief Cowpie' timestamp='1429705000' post='11414131']
Hello friends,

The best, Chief Cowpie
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I meant you. I am positive DJ thinks he has the answers. Just not sure if you are really his supporter or making fun. I go with the latter.

Bridgestone J33R speeder 652X
Titleist 910f 15 diamana kai'li s
Ping G30 5 wood S tour spec
Ping G30 7 wood S tour spec
Mizuno MP 37 s300 P-3
Wishon 575 mmc cavity P-4 Aerotech I95 moi'd
Callaway Mac Daddy 2 tg 54° 60°
Scotty Cameron black studio design I 2001 (stolen haven't found replacement)

Mechanically Correct Swing.

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]