2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

DJ vs. DJ, MCS technique levels the playing field between athletic phenom and your average couch po

DJ Watts and Grant Waite comparison at impact with driver swing.

Chief Cowpie, what effect do you think DJ's loss of spine angle will have?

Why do you think this is "mechanically correct" ?

Watts%20Waite%20DL%20Impact_zpshs4kwhx9.jpg

DJ may have a little g.o.a.t. hump going on which if repeated a little too often, might yield 18 majors.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DJ may have a little g.o.a.t. hump going on which if repeated a little too often, might yield 18 majors.

Goat hump, leverage dump, backs out of it more than anyone on the planet.

Yep. 18 majors in the works.

That ball gave the wind the FINGER!

Goat hump, leverage dump, backs out of it more than anyone on the planet.

Yep. 18 majors in the works.

That ball gave the wind the FINGER!

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1429417364' post='11390181']
[color=#800080]This website gets really strange at times. I cannot help but think that it is a bunch of peoples just joking around , but then i thinks they are serious most of the times. Very odd.[/color]
[/quote]

definitely a group of people joking around.....

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1429417364' post='11390181']
[color=#800080]This website gets really strange at times. I cannot help but think that it is a bunch of peoples just joking around , but then i thinks they are serious most of the times. Very odd.[/color]
[/quote]

definitely a group of people joking around.....

[quote name='JoeyB' timestamp='1429297680' post='11382663']
[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1429294600' post='11382339']
What is "modern golf instruction?"
[/quote]

Great question mate! ...and what is a mechanically correct swing? I thought that pieces had to mix with certain pieces to be correct?

DJWatts didn't have any following or reputation visible on the internet until a few years ago. It is quite amusing. He's even posted remarks against the Mike Austin swing fundamentals and how there are no Mike Austin followers who play professionally (which is an insult to Jerry Crowell), then used Jerry Crowell as an example of MCS when he is openly a subscriber to the Mike Austin swing theory. Jerry Crowell is never found near this racket online because he doesn't know it exists. I wonder if Jerry Crowell (aka big-loo) knows about the article DJWatts wrote under the name "Jerry Crowell" where he thanked DJWatts and Steve Pratt for their teaching ability and had Steve Pratt post it ([url="https://www.hititlonger.com/index.php?/blog/article/introducing-jerry-crowell-pga-member-and-mike-austin-swing-advocate/"]https://www.hititlon...swing-advocate/[/url])

Then the chief cowpie (which appears to translate to "king of bull-shi*") bloke pops in and starts with the PSA regarding Big Loo and DJWatts joining forces ([url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1070781-public-service-announcement-dj-watts-and-big-toilet-join-forces/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...et-join-forces/[/url]). I see a relation to all these cowpies.

So to answer your superb question..."modern golf instruction" is a term utilized in advertising to promote a certain method (ie "modern golf instruction does XXX but my method does it better"). Many instructors see things differently or use different equipment, and I am certain that most would be offended at some blanket classification as being "modern". And furthermore I am also certain golfwrx owners have not recieved a dime from DJWatts and the other cowpies for this marketing scheme when it seems everyone else has to pay royalties to promote themselves here.

Cheers, Joe
[/quote]

I can't speak for DJ but I think it is reasonable that royalties be paid for y received as a result of his materials presented here although at present I hardly think this is the case with the "Lord of the Flies" reception given. Furthermore, I would like this site to know that in response to the treatment given, I am considering never buying a Subaru again.

[quote name='JoeyB' timestamp='1429297680' post='11382663']
[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1429294600' post='11382339']
What is "modern golf instruction?"
[/quote]

Great question mate! ...and what is a mechanically correct swing? I thought that pieces had to mix with certain pieces to be correct?

DJWatts didn't have any following or reputation visible on the internet until a few years ago. It is quite amusing. He's even posted remarks against the Mike Austin swing fundamentals and how there are no Mike Austin followers who play professionally (which is an insult to Jerry Crowell), then used Jerry Crowell as an example of MCS when he is openly a subscriber to the Mike Austin swing theory. Jerry Crowell is never found near this racket online because he doesn't know it exists. I wonder if Jerry Crowell (aka big-loo) knows about the article DJWatts wrote under the name "Jerry Crowell" where he thanked DJWatts and Steve Pratt for their teaching ability and had Steve Pratt post it ([url="https://www.hititlonger.com/index.php?/blog/article/introducing-jerry-crowell-pga-member-and-mike-austin-swing-advocate/"]https://www.hititlon...swing-advocate/[/url])

Then the chief cowpie (which appears to translate to "king of bull-shi*") bloke pops in and starts with the PSA regarding Big Loo and DJWatts joining forces ([url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1070781-public-service-announcement-dj-watts-and-big-toilet-join-forces/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...et-join-forces/[/url]). I see a relation to all these cowpies.

So to answer your superb question..."modern golf instruction" is a term utilized in advertising to promote a certain method (ie "modern golf instruction does XXX but my method does it better"). Many instructors see things differently or use different equipment, and I am certain that most would be offended at some blanket classification as being "modern". And furthermore I am also certain golfwrx owners have not recieved a dime from DJWatts and the other cowpies for this marketing scheme when it seems everyone else has to pay royalties to promote themselves here.

Cheers, Joe
[/quote]

I can't speak for DJ but I think it is reasonable that royalties be paid for y received as a result of his materials presented here although at present I hardly think this is the case with the "Lord of the Flies" reception given. Furthermore, I would like this site to know that in response to the treatment given, I am considering never buying a Subaru again.

[quote name='Fort Worth Pro' timestamp='1429406534' post='11389319']
[quote name='notsohard' timestamp='1429399627' post='11388757']
If there is one thing i commend this DJ bloke for, is that he does not respond to anyone giving him grief, so for all of you that want an answer to something that you already know and he knows that you know..you ain't getting one....lol...lucky i wasn't drinking when i wrote this.
[/quote]

You mean what we know that he doesn't know and he knows we know he doesn't know??
[/quote]

after a couple of single malts, you are starting to confuse me.

[quote name='Fort Worth Pro' timestamp='1429406534' post='11389319']
[quote name='notsohard' timestamp='1429399627' post='11388757']
If there is one thing i commend this DJ bloke for, is that he does not respond to anyone giving him grief, so for all of you that want an answer to something that you already know and he knows that you know..you ain't getting one....lol...lucky i wasn't drinking when i wrote this.
[/quote]

You mean what we know that he doesn't know and he knows we know he doesn't know??
[/quote]

after a couple of single malts, you are starting to confuse me.

LOL

Spot the difference(s)

Watts%20Nicklaus_zpsfqupqbbe.jpg

Must be the camera angle ...

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

LOL

Spot the difference(s)

Watts%20Nicklaus_zpsfqupqbbe.jpg

Must be the camera angle ...

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Friends,

On combining power & accuracy with repeatability: I am not a gifted hand-eye athlete like, say, Tiger Woods, who is the more widely-known "harpoon" swinger.

tiger-2015-gif.gif

-----

I had to build a swing model that gave me swing speed but also consistency.

In that regard, I can't swing with a harpoon drop into the down swing (which is caused in part by the lack of natural leverage at the top with the planted heel/restricted hip back swing and necessitating the lunge downward to build momentum), I find I swing my best with a stable head position on the back swing and only a slight "trebuchet drop" which will occur with the spine flexing on the down swing.

A mechanically-correct swing model should present no issues at all creating a 90 degree shoulder turn and keeping the head stable so that you can swing down from the correct "top" position without lunging at the ball and having to subsequently "jump" out of the dive through impact with the hyper-extending knee. None of this is good for the body.

head.gif

-----

driver-front.gif

-----

DJ

Friends,

On combining power & accuracy with repeatability: I am not a gifted hand-eye athlete like, say, Tiger Woods, who is the more widely-known "harpoon" swinger.

tiger-2015-gif.gif

-----

I had to build a swing model that gave me swing speed but also consistency.

In that regard, I can't swing with a harpoon drop into the down swing (which is caused in part by the lack of natural leverage at the top with the planted heel/restricted hip back swing and necessitating the lunge downward to build momentum), I find I swing my best with a stable head position on the back swing and only a slight "trebuchet drop" which will occur with the spine flexing on the down swing.

A mechanically-correct swing model should present no issues at all creating a 90 degree shoulder turn and keeping the head stable so that you can swing down from the correct "top" position without lunging at the ball and having to subsequently "jump" out of the dive through impact with the hyper-extending knee. None of this is good for the body.

head.gif

-----

driver-front.gif

-----

DJ

[quote name='DJ Watts' timestamp='1429447518' post='11390957']
Friends,

On combining power & accuracy with repeatability: I am not a gifted hand-eye athlete....

A mechanically-correct swing model should present no issues at all creating a 90 degree shoulder turn and keeping the head stable so that you can swing down from the correct "top" position without lunging at the ball and having to subsequently[b][i] "jump"[/i][/b] out of the dive through impact with the hyper-extending knee. None of this is good for the body.

[/quote]

Mate,

I have a proper understanding for your message now. You are stating that the reason your pattern does not produce power AND accuracy is your hand eye relationship...

In your post you specifically defined a "mechanically correct swing" yet you lunge and "jump" out in EVERY swing you have posted on golfwrx and have a flawed top swing position. Therefore your MCS is, by your own definition, not mechanically correct.

Does Jerry Crowell know about your business venture? Can he post some commentary on your playing ability?

Cheers, Joe

[quote name='DJ Watts' timestamp='1429447518' post='11390957']
Friends,

On combining power & accuracy with repeatability: I am not a gifted hand-eye athlete....

A mechanically-correct swing model should present no issues at all creating a 90 degree shoulder turn and keeping the head stable so that you can swing down from the correct "top" position without lunging at the ball and having to subsequently[b][i] "jump"[/i][/b] out of the dive through impact with the hyper-extending knee. None of this is good for the body.

[/quote]

Mate,

I have a proper understanding for your message now. You are stating that the reason your pattern does not produce power AND accuracy is your hand eye relationship...

In your post you specifically defined a "mechanically correct swing" yet you lunge and "jump" out in EVERY swing you have posted on golfwrx and have a flawed top swing position. Therefore your MCS is, by your own definition, not mechanically correct.

Does Jerry Crowell know about your business venture? Can he post some commentary on your playing ability?

Cheers, Joe

Friends, a brief post-script on the MCS model - while you can swing with either a dominant leading arm ("pulling" the swing) or the more common power arm ("throwing" the club), the address position of the model is for using both sides of the body to power the swing.

This swing below is with a 5 iron, using just the right arm to swing, and hanging on with the left hand, nothing more. You can see the "throwing" action of the swing with the right arm and hand, and this is something I've only recently been able to do myself, being a left-hander who swings right.

For years, I had a problem with steep down swing planes and an OTT move because I was "pulling" the down swing while trying to also "throw" the club with the right arm, from a flawed position.

This last MCS model which I build for a right-handed "thrower" finally gave me the proper position to use the proper swing angle and mechanical action I wanted, without the previous "lefty" swing problems.

5i-imp.gif

-----

Edit: And a 9 iron swing with the same "right arm throw" action only, no left side. My greatest challenge was eliminating the left side impulse as a left-hander, so that I could isolate the proper "throw" action.

9i-dtl.gif

-----

Then, you can rewind and implement the left and right sides for a proper full-body swing action.

Best,

DJ

Friends, a brief post-script on the MCS model - while you can swing with either a dominant leading arm ("pulling" the swing) or the more common power arm ("throwing" the club), the address position of the model is for using both sides of the body to power the swing.

This swing below is with a 5 iron, using just the right arm to swing, and hanging on with the left hand, nothing more. You can see the "throwing" action of the swing with the right arm and hand, and this is something I've only recently been able to do myself, being a left-hander who swings right.

For years, I had a problem with steep down swing planes and an OTT move because I was "pulling" the down swing while trying to also "throw" the club with the right arm, from a flawed position.

This last MCS model which I build for a right-handed "thrower" finally gave me the proper position to use the proper swing angle and mechanical action I wanted, without the previous "lefty" swing problems.

5i-imp.gif

-----

Edit: And a 9 iron swing with the same "right arm throw" action only, no left side. My greatest challenge was eliminating the left side impulse as a left-hander, so that I could isolate the proper "throw" action.

9i-dtl.gif

-----

Then, you can rewind and implement the left and right sides for a proper full-body swing action.

Best,

DJ

Whats the issue really other than he generates a swing using a lot of force.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

[quote name='llewol007' timestamp='1429463682' post='11392143']
[/quote]

The issue is that DJ Watts is generating such force violating "their" known operating laws of physics for generation of such power and accuracy. At what point will iteach or Fort Worth Pro or Kiwi2 or any of these Mister Jones' venture outside of their little box to understand this rather than bemoaning what is happening should not be happening?

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYgZUoaIhxA[/media]

[quote name='llewol007' timestamp='1429463682' post='11392143']
[/quote]

The issue is that DJ Watts is generating such force violating "their" known operating laws of physics for generation of such power and accuracy. At what point will iteach or Fort Worth Pro or Kiwi2 or any of these Mister Jones' venture outside of their little box to understand this rather than bemoaning what is happening should not be happening?

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYgZUoaIhxA[/media]