2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

WWE wrestling thread

MtlJeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised my 6 year old son w/ tickets to Monday Night RAW tonight, he is super excited.....

4th of July show should be a good one.....

10.5* Cobra LTDx Driver w/ Veylix Alpina Shaft

14.5 * Taylormade Stealth + Fairway wood w/ Veylix Rome Shaft

19.0* Callaway Rogue ST Max w/ Graphite Design Tour AD 75 shaft

4-PW Callaway Apex 21 w/ Accra steel 105g shafts

Edison Wedges w/ Accra Steel 115g shafts (49*, 54*, 59*)

SIK C-Series Pro Putter w/ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar Shaft

16 man tag match was awful, people were booing at the show!

Best match of the night was AJ Styles, Gallows, and Anderson vs Big Cass, Enzo, and Cena

It wasn't televised, the had the match after RAW went off the air

10.5* Cobra LTDx Driver w/ Veylix Alpina Shaft

14.5 * Taylormade Stealth + Fairway wood w/ Veylix Rome Shaft

19.0* Callaway Rogue ST Max w/ Graphite Design Tour AD 75 shaft

4-PW Callaway Apex 21 w/ Accra steel 105g shafts

Edison Wedges w/ Accra Steel 115g shafts (49*, 54*, 59*)

SIK C-Series Pro Putter w/ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar Shaft

16 man tag match was awful, people were booing at the show!

Best match of the night was AJ Styles, Gallows, and Anderson vs Big Cass, Enzo, and Cena

It wasn't televised, the had the match after RAW went off the air

The main event tag match was a joke. I know they wanted to end with the show with a patriotic moment, but the match was bad. Would have been better to ended with Titus beating Rusev for the US Title.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

They should've had Titus come out wearing those pants to "living in America"... Apollo Creed style

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

They should've had Titus come out wearing those pants to "living in America"... Apollo Creed style

Was legit my first thought...why is he dressed like Apollo creed??

I knew what was gonna happen on the 16 man tag...just a patriotic moment...didn't expect anything else

Although I did hope USA was gonna get destroyed and Kurt angle would make his return...I loved the beat up John cena thing though

• 3 weeks later...

Been a heck of a night so far. BALOR debuts on Raw. Sasha vs Charlotte.

And I think I'm bigger than the guy Strowman is wrestling.

• 4 weeks later...

Ambrose called lesnar out for mailing in their wrestlemania match, and he didn't seem to into it yesterday. And he might have intentionally injured someone to boot. Worst part is wwe will almost certainly cover for him when I'm sure busting Orton open with a clear stiff shot was not called for.

This comes on the heels of 2-3 people getting suspended for wellness policy while he skated. I'm tired of him too

Cena/styles was great. Charlotte looked great, better than she has maybe ever.

Styles has 2 of the best matches this year. Maybe the 2 best one on one wwe matches of 2016 (other being him vs reigns at payback)

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Right now i think my top 5 in-ring guys are in no order:

-Cena

-Styles

-Owens

-Reigns

-Rollins

4 of those guys are probably no brainers, though guys like Zayn, Cesaro, Neville and Balor could all reasonably be considered, and truth be told since coming back from injury Rollins before yesterday had looked a bit different. But he still needs to be grandfathered in

Reigns has gotten to the point where he is a premier in-ring guy IMO. His matches are must-see now. And he has added some new pretty impressive stuff like this new razor's edge powerbomb he's doing. Though i'd go to smart fan hell for saying this, how many guys other than the undertaker can do power moves like that and also fly over the top rope like he does?

KO might be the best of everyone. He's easily the best in-ring talker and showman, and he has the skillset and maybe the largest moveset of anyone other than Styles

A Styles/KO feud would be ridiculous. Though i have heard they don't like each other.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Ambrose called lesnar out for mailing in their wrestlemania match, and he didn't seem to into it yesterday. And he might have intentionally injured someone to boot. Worst part is wwe will almost certainly cover for him when I'm sure busting Orton open with a clear stiff shot was not called for.

This comes on the heels of 2-3 people getting suspended for wellness policy while he skated. I'm tired of him too

Styles has 2 of the best matches this year. Maybe the 2 best one on one wwe matches of 2016 (other being him vs reigns at payback)

I just brock's match. I am huge Brock Fan. I know alot about the business and what I can tell is Brock was suppose to win the match after scope F5ing Randy when he when for his signature head punt (which I thought was banned anyway). Im thinking that Randy kicked out when he wasn't suppose to and Brock doesn't has real issue when guys botch or no sell stuff. HE GETS PISSED. So thats the reason he went nuts on Randy.

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

I saw something where after SS Jericho and Brock had some type of altercation backstage. Took Triple H and Vince both to calm them down. Jericho was apparently upset about how things went with the Orton/Brock match. Vince was supposedly heard telling Jericho that Orton agreed to that ending.

Few Comments I have:

Universal belt is awful, and so is the name...why not just WWE World Champion?

They killed whatever momentum the Vaudevillians had. They arent too far above the Ascension who definitely need a gimmick change. And they are also killing Gallows and Anderson. I really liked the "Beat Up John Cena" thing they had and the funny promos on Big E. Those two guys should be the ones to end New Day's reign. When that ends, I would like to see Xavier go his own way. The other two are great on the mic and are a great tag team, I think X would be just fine as a US champ or Cruiserweight if he falls in that category.

Please dont give us 3 months or so of Rollins/Reigns. Balor getting injured really hurts them going forward but hopefully he comes back around Rumble time.

Jeff may be right on KO. Hes such an a hole you have to love him. HIm and Jericho are great together as well, very funny and both talented. I was thinking last night how well KO would work as a face and I am not sure he would, he plays the heel part so well.

Im ready for an Ambrose/Styles fued.

Agree with everything except Charlotte, re-watch that match. Me and several buddies think she was sloppy in it. Anyway hopefully Bayley can save us from her before long.

Agree with everything except Charlotte, re-watch that match. Me and several buddies think she was sloppy in it. Anyway hopefully Bayley can save us from her before long.

There was a few botched spots for sure. But overall I remember it being quite good. Will re watch though

I'm not a huge Bayley fan. We'll see how it goes with her. I think nxt really got behind her because she was left out of the mass promotion, and became the face of Nxt. But Ive never found her to be tremendous in the Ring. Her character has a lot of potential with kids though. I call her a female Ambrose. Great character but won't have many great matches unless there is premier talent opposite

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Terrible break for Balor and Raw. Time for Rollins to can that buckle bomb type move. Injured Sting and Finn now because of it.

KO needs to stay heel, he's so good in that role. Would enjoy seeing him get a title reign.

We were saying same thing today. He needs to stop doing that move now

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I saw something where after SS Jericho and Brock had some type of altercation backstage. Took Triple H and Vince both to calm them down. Jericho was apparently upset about how things went with the Orton/Brock match. Vince was supposedly heard telling Jericho that Orton agreed to that ending.

I don't think we'll ever know the truth, or not for a while anyway. I can't see Orton agreeing to his head being split open. My guess is there was some plan but it was slightly different than that, and Orton bleeding as bad as he did changed the outcome. Vince supposedly banned blading so I can't see him going along with that end.

But my guess is they said to Jericho what they did to protect Brock from backlash and seem in control

I really have a hard time thinking that was the planned ending

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Did you guys see the Miz's promo on Daniel Bryan during "smack talk"?

Shoot interview or not....that was a crazy, crazy segment. Miz being praised by basically everyone. Whether it was scripted or not, there was a ton of truth in the things he said. His style is more old-school, Bret Hart type stuff where his focus is on his character, and working those angles in the ring rather then doing a whole bunch of high flying stuff that gets guys injured.

Scripted or not, in 2 minutes he basically nailed the elephant in the room with modern WWE, that the indie style gets guys injured. And he's been healthy his whole career while wrestling more of an old school "character" style, and hes been there every day showing up while smart fans yell at him that he can't wrestle

Shoot or not there might not have been a better promo since CM Punk's famous pipe bomb 5-6 years ago

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I think over time people are going to look at that Miz promo like they do the CM Punk one. It was so much more than just an intense promo. As has been pointed out by many writers, the overall script (from what i have heard, the smack talk segments are loosely scripted in terms of general direction but the actual comments are improv'd) seemed to be coming straight from Vince Mcmahon as a commentary on modern wrestling.

But also, David Shoemaker who's a great WWE writer today wrote that the Miz's comments were largely his own, and that he has had a mini real life beef with Daniel Bryan for some time since their days on "tough enough", where Bryan seemed to take exception with having Miz as his sponsor despite Bryan being far more experienced overall as a wrestler

That would explain why Renee Young looked like she was terrified of what was going on. If it was a real "shoot" , Miz seemed to be very put off at the notion that he wasn't a real wrestler....and his comments "go back and wrestle in your bingo halls with your indie buddies if you love wrestling so much" was gold in a lot of ways. Maybe a bit offensive...but it was a nod to that they all want to be in the WWE, and Miz's style has allowed him to stay there and be in front of his fans more.

It's amazing that he could take that ballsy a shot at indie wrestlers and their fans, and come out almost universally praised for it

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

FWIW Shoemaker also wrote that the Orton/Lesnar match was supposed to end with Brock appearing to go off script. But that the extent of it is somewhat of an unknown

He seemed to think Orton was supposed to take a bit of a "real" bump. But i doubt anyone thought he would bleed that bad.

Shoemaker hinted at some of the issues they have with Brock (Cena, Undertaker, and now Orton all taking really, really stiff shots from him that resulted in real injury)....You wonder what Vince really thinks of it, or how the guys in the back room really feel about working with him. Jericho confronting him after summerslam probably says a lot

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Friend of mine sees KO every few days. Their kids are at the same daycare. He doesn't really do much than just give him a polite hello....but i asked him to start calling him "champ" now LOL

I like that Raw is pushing guys like Balor and Owens hard now. It's quite a reflection of HHH's influence. I know that Balor is a workout buddy of Triple H and KO was one of his favorite NXT guys. He obviously ran NXT and many of these guys are wrestlers he invested in and vouched to Vince on. It's nice to see them getting a shot.

I love Rollins and Reigns too, don't get me wrong. These guys are the A team....but KO has a chance to be the best overall guy they have in terms of in ring work and mic skills, it's nice to see him get this opportunity

The word was that Balor's first feud was going to be with KO. So i guess they just decided to give KO the title with Balor's injury

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Not sure where they are going with this story line now? I'm happy Kevin Owens won the belt, though. Triple H vs Rollings vs Reigns? Or will it just be Rollins vs H?

My guess is KO's first feud is with Jericho. It would make sense because KO will get a win under his belt. Jericho is a treasure...i mean he's like 45, is still an amazing MIC guy and puts on great matches, and lacks the attitude of some guys. I'm sure he'll be happy to put KO over and make him look great doing it.

I am also guessing that HHH's feud will be with Rollins. I think he will just say that he pedigreed Reigns as payback for spearing Stephanie or something, and that's that. That feud will be over.

I think Rollins/HHH is what will happen

What i would love to see for Reigns is maybe some kind of brief feud (big Cass might actually work), and then an eventual match with Brock Lesnar which Reigns should win. Frankly Lesnar's act is a bit tired, Reigns is the ONLY guy they have positioned as being able to stand toe to toe with him. And Lesnar needs to lose at some point....it's the whole point of his character. Setting himself up for eventually putting someone over.

Lesnar needs to lose and Reigns should be the one to beat him....maybe at Royal Rumble

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Will be interesting who is used as Owen's first feud with the title. I agree HHH vs Rollins will be happening soon. Reigns will probably go back to his Rusev feud. And definitely agree he needs to be Brock.

Smackdown, that title needs to go to AJ Styles at Backlash. He deserves it. American Alpha for the tag titles, I hope.

I'm excited, me and my buddy got tickets to see NXT live in Baltimore Oct 8. Nakamura vs Joe is advertised and Roode supposed to be there.

Will be interesting who is used as Owen's first feud with the title. I agree HHH vs Rollins will be happening soon. Reigns will probably go back to his Rusev feud. And definitely agree he needs to be Brock.

Smackdown, that title needs to go to AJ Styles at Backlash. He deserves it. American Alpha for the tag titles, I hope.

I'm excited, me and my buddy got tickets to see NXT live in Baltimore Oct 8. Nakamura vs Joe is advertised and Roode supposed to be there.

At some point, Owens and Sammy Zehn feud comes to a head right? I could see that being his first feud unless they save it for Wrestlemanis.

At some point, Owens and Sammy Zehn feud comes to a head right? I could see that being his first feud unless they save it for Wrestlemanis.

I believe they are done with Owens and Sammie for awhile. That last match at the July PPV was billed as the feud ending match, at least for now. They should have separated them, one on Raw the other on Smackdown.

I think Zayn and KO are done for a bit. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up having another Wrestlemania match.

Raw has too many midcard talents and Smackdown has none. I don't really understand why they set it up this way. Raw can barely find time for Neville and Zayn, meanwhile Cesaro is being kept busy with a Sheamus feud that fans aren't super into (and i love Sheamus FWIW)

Any one of those guys would make great opponents for the Miz in the IC space. But Smackdown had to force Apollo Crews into it before he was really ready, and then downgrade Ziggler.

I just don't see why Raw needs Neville, Zayn AND Cesaro. One of those guys should be on SD

Deschamps Crisp Antique