2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

WWE wrestling thread

MtlJeff

I think Zayn and KO are done for a bit. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up having another Wrestlemania match.

Raw has too many midcard talents and Smackdown has none. I don't really understand why they set it up this way. Raw can barely find time for Neville and Zayn, meanwhile Cesaro is being kept busy with a Sheamus feud that fans aren't super into (and i love Sheamus FWIW)

Any one of those guys would make great opponents for the Miz in the IC space. But Smackdown had to force Apollo Crews into it before he was really ready, and then downgrade Ziggler.

I just don't see why Raw needs Neville, Zayn AND Cesaro. One of those guys should be on SD

Agree with this and I would like it to be Cesaro. I think he would make a great mid card champ and I dont see him being the one to dethrone Rusev. I think Neville will be put into the Cruiserweight stuff when it starts happening on Raw.

I dont think they are gonna revisit Zayn/Owens anytime soon. I could see Jericho being his first fued, think of the promos between them. No clue what is next for Reigns but it will be Rollins/HHH here shortly, maybe Survivor Series.

What is going on with the tag team stuff on Raw (I know I bring up the tag teams alot)?? New Day is gold but will eventually have to drop the belts. I thought Anderson and Gallows were gonna be a hot team and could be the team to do it but they have messed that up a bit. I love Enzo and Cass but Enzo has got to get a little better in the ring before they can give it a serious run.

Both shows have been doing well in my opinion. Raw has a little bit of an edge because of them putting title changes on TV. First with Roman beating Sheamus last year (yes I know that was before the split), then Sasha wins the Women's belt, and now KO wins the belt on a Raw episode instead of putting it on ppv. SD is putting the tag team and womens championship matches on Backlash, wouldnt have been upset if one of those was on tv. Guess I really need to get the WWE network now.

Also, who wins the tag team and womens belts on SD?? I gotta go with American Alpha and Becky but keep reading Nikki is getting womens belt. And does AJ take the belt from Dean?? Im thinking not here but yes at Survivor Series.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ needs to/must win the title at Backlash to capitalize on his momentum from beating Cena. My guess is Nikki wins the women's title. Tag titles not sure now with American Alpha going out of the tournament due to injury, hopefully that injury is just a work and not legit. I would be extremely disappointed if they miss much time, they are the best pure wrestling tag team out there now in my opinion.

I'm still digging Smackdown, even though i like a lot of the Raw guys. Smackdown just seems so much more grassroots....there's really a bunch of guys/girls there that are really trying to make it.

Heath Slater and Nikki Bella have infused the necessary extra heat into the program. Smackdown was always fine for men's main event (Ziggler, Wyatt, Cena, Ambrose, Styles, Orton) but they suffered in the Tag Team and Women's division where they had basically exclusively new people. The mid card was and still is a disaster.

But with American Alpha, the Heel Usos, and Slater's quirkiness the tag team division is fun to watch (i am a mark for Breezango too). And Nikki Bella coming back to the women's division gives them 3 top performers. I am concerned that Carmella might never make it as she's raw and has no real heat. But Alexa Bliss really has a nice character and she's super athletic. I am also a Baron Corbin lover....i wish they would give him a real program. He's been absent and i think it's because they had written in a Kalisto program for him but i think Kalisto got injured...may be wrong though

It's fun to watch Smackdown because there's a few people on this roster who will end up as superstars, and they will be given the chance.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I agree though eventually Styles will be the frontman for Smackdown. I don't think he wins the title this weekend though. Smackdown doesn't have enough people so they will have to make their feuds last longer. I think he probably wins it at Survivor series and their feud maybe makes it all the way to Royal Rumble

I just don't see other options? Cena is taking some time off to film shows. Wyatt will probably get a 2-3 PPV feud with Orton

So my guess is Ambrose and Styles maybe is a 3-4 PPV thing.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I just wanna see AJ Styles and Eric Young match in WWE in the near future.

Also Samoa Joe vs John Cena,

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

i wanna see Samoa Joe vs Seth Rollins just to see Bret Hart go so nuts about how dangerous they are that he crashes his twitter

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

We're guaranteed good main events for the foreseeable future. RAW champ is KO, Smackdown is AJ Styles....both guys are incapable of putting on a bad match

Reigns/Owens yesterday on RAW was really good too. Styles has basically been on fire for the past few months. He has my 2 favorite singles matches of the year

BTW i thought Backlash was pretty good. The women's match fell apart quickly and was hectic at the end, but the first 10 minutes was actually one of the more exciting women's matches i've ever seen. Alexa Bliss really did some cool stuff as did Naomi.

The most underrated match of the night was Crews/Corbin. Both guys had to show they could put on a different type of match, Crews matches are always too "choppy" meaning he just goes from one moveset to another and the flow isn't always great. Though he's a tremendous athlete....Corbin is a great character, but has yet to have a real great match. I thought their match flowed super well, they each showed new movesets, and they were given 10+ minutes which was a bit risky for two fairly green guys. I thought it was a really good match though

They should use Corbin in a bigger role going forward. He has cut some good promos lately, and just put on a really nice match

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Love that AJ is champion though I do like him as a face more than a heel but there are no real heel main eventers on SD's roster. About the closest is Bray and hes been booked like a joke.

Agree with Jeff on Corbin, guy is good just needs more tv time and a real meaningful fued to help get him over.

Love the Miz, what hes doing now with this whole Bryan thing is gold!! While I cant wait to see what happens with the AJ/Cena feud thats starting again, I think a Miz title reign (cant believe I said that) would be great right now. Imagine if he won both belts!! The promos of how great and legendary he is would be great.

Are you guys watching the CruiserWeight Classic? Honestly it's probably been the best wrestling on TV for the past month....

First of all, Mauro Ranalo and Daniel Bryan are insanely good commentators together. Ranalo gets more excited than anyone short of old school Vince Mcmahon, and Bryan knows every wrestling term

Some of these matches have been top notch. Cedric Alexander vs Kota Ibusi was one of the matches of the year. Jack Gallagher was hilarious, Zack Sabre Jr put on a clinical wrestling display and showed you don't have to be a high flyer to put on an exciting match. TJ Perkins has been great and an excellent kind of subtle arrogant heel.

Raw is going to kill it with their cruiserweight division. Unless of course they screw it up (which they could)

Cedric Alexander....good god. This guy is insane. His match with Ibusi was as good as anything in 2016....And the tag match he and Noam Dar just had with Gargano/Ciampa, again he looked incredible.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Anyone else annoyed by bayley's gimmick?

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

Anyone else annoyed by bayley's gimmick?

No I love what she has going on now. BUT I definitely see it changing somewhere down the line, the one that annoys me is Charlotte. Her "wooooo" is horrible and makes me cringe everytime I hear it. Bayley has that positive thing going that will connect with the kids. Though at some point I can see her getting frustrated with things and change to some negative Nancy type character but for now it works for me.

I could watch Becky vs Alexa bliss for hours.

Or more accurately, minutes

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

TJ Perkins megaman 2 inspired entrance

As a Megaman 2 lover. I marked out somewhat. If he had used Zelda 2 as inspiration it would have been even better

https://streamable.com/icfk

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• 2 weeks later...

Raw is weak right now, been some bad shows lately. Smackdown has been pretty good. Much better storylines and programs going on right now.

And if it's true Goldberg vs Lesnar at Survivor Series. I'd love to see Goldberg spear Lesnar in half.

Going to see NXT Live this Saturday, excited to see a live show. Believe Joe vs Nakamura is on the card.

Smackdown continues to be the better show. It's clear they are going for more "realness" meaning a lot of their promos are kayfabe busting, or at least intended to seem so. Ziggler and Miz have been exceptional, that's 2 programs in a row where Ziggler has kind of been the punching bag in terms of promos, but he's handled it really well and played the whole lovable loser who just wants a chance. Miz is really having a second wind, this is maybe as relevant as he's been since he was the champ.

Ambrose probably has been the #1 promo guy in WWE over the past 2-3 months. Everything he does has major edge. It's like it's Jon Good talking, angry about how long he waited to be the guy. He is just telling everyone they haven't worked as hard as he has. His latest promos are mostly accusing Cena of being a sellout who isn't one of the guys anymore....it's awesome.

The heel usos represent everything that WWE should have done with Roman Reigns. The new music, coming out looking like gang members??? Going after knees... haha...i thought they were stale, this is a nice new direction for them to be relevant in the tag picture. I love it

And Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss in a ring together for 10 minutes? You had me at that

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Not to mention AJ Styles has been the best performer in-ring of 2016.

I don't mind Raw. Seth Rollins alone is worth the price of admission. But they are writing Kevin Owens terribly i find, woohoo another coward champ who needs help. But i'll always tune in for Banks and Charlotte, the Cruisers have been good, and i am a mark for Sheamus so i like the tag angle with Cesaro.

I want Reigns to be done with Rusev soon though , i don't find they have much chemistry and i feel Reigns is a bit wasted in the feud. I like Reigns to go against faces because he gets more heat. Him and Zayn would be great

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Not to mention AJ Styles has been the best performer in-ring of 2016.

I don't mind Raw. Seth Rollins alone is worth the price of admission. But they are writing Kevin Owens terribly i find, woohoo another coward champ who needs help. But i'll always tune in for Banks and Charlotte, the Cruisers have been good, and i am a mark for Sheamus so i like the tag angle with Cesaro.

I want Reigns to be done with Rusev soon though , i don't find they have much chemistry and i feel Reigns is a bit wasted in the feud. I like Reigns to go against faces because he gets more heat. Him and Zayn would be great

Careful talking about Owens like that. Jericho will put you on the list. And you'll get.........IT.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Jeff you and I could be good wrestling buddies!! Wait...that doesnt sound right...

Anyways...agree with all parts. Ambrose telling Cena he can be the guy that plays John Cena was great. The Miz is absolute gold and can hold his own with anyone on the mic right now (would love to hear him and the Rock have a 10 min promo). I think he retains the IC, something I remember about Ziggler not renewing a while back but could be wrong.

The Usos as heels is a great turnaround. I thought they were getting so boring as faces. SHould be a nice little run with them and American Alpha.

Jericho is the man right now on RAW. Would love to see him start talking about getting a shot at Owens then let him beat Owens and get one last run with the belt for a couple months. I am even ok with Owens taking it off of Jericho a couple months after the win. I also wouldnt be upset if they were the ones to dethrone New Day. The promos between them could be golden, just look at last Monday with Woods freaking out about going on the list. Ha, on a side note, I started a list with my class (I teach 8th grade) and kept putting students' names on the list. None of them got the reference though but hopefully eventually they will.

LOL...at my office, there's 3 of us who are all wrestling fans and we sit together....so we always bust out references here and there that no one gets, but that even makes it better i think. Like i will buy a "hype" energy drink, and than walk by both of them and say loudly "You AINT HYPED!.....He AIN'T HYPED!!!".....or one time i bought one and a female Co-worker asked me if i bought a hype, and i responded "I don't GET hype, i STAYYYYY hype", and then my pointed at my friend , who responded "You know it , BRO"....honestly i think she thought i was crazy

We also had a field day with Roman's "Not a good guy, not a bad guy" promos. Because it's amazing how often i'd get asked if one of my vendors was a good guy by random coworkers. It always ended with me telling them "He's THE guy"...

I honestly have no idea why they like me there

Anyway, we also all agree that Jericho is pure gold. We talked about the other day and basically agreed that Ambrose, Miz and Jericho have been A+ promo guys for the past 3-4 months. Jericho is friggin 45 and is still one of the most relevant guys on the roster. They could make him the heavyweight champ i agree and i'd have zero issue with it. I HOPE it happens!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Goldberg showing up to next RAW!! I have been waiting a long time for this. Loved him in WCW but wasnt watching wrestling much when he came to WWE. He had the greatest intro IMO. I will have my mark out moment when his music hits Monday. Although, I do think WWE dropped the ball on this and should have had his music hit during Heyman's promo.

Not sure what Goldberg will say, he wasnt the greatest talker. Would love to see him do a min or two, let Bo Dallas' music hit, he comes down talking in rhymes and bo-lieving, gets in Goldberg's face, bam spear, bam jackhammer, picks up the mic and says Lesnar see you at Survivor Series.

Give Jericho the US Title. It looks awful on Roman and I dont think he will do much for it. Jericho is on fire right now. The List of Jericho is more over than Roman Reigns anyway right now. i think a 3 month US title reign for Jericho could do good things for the belt plus I think I read that is the only title he hasnt held.

I just don't think Rusev and Reigns have any heat. But Reigns is great in that he can easily be a heel or face with bookings.

I'd love to see a Jericho/Reigns feud, they'd put on great matches and Jericho could continue killing it with promos. But by the same token they can't seem to figure out what to do with Sami Zayn, and Reigns could easily play the heel role in that one, and they'd put on great matches too.

I could see them do a Zayn/Neville tag team (they are real life best friends) but with Cesaro/Sheamus just made, that might be too many teams

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Ha I just found out I have to MC our pep rally for our middle school's playoff football game. Wondering if I should squeeze some New Day references in?? Or something like "This is your 8th grade football team, and they are certified G's and bonafide studs, and you cant teach that".

Or blah blah blah, Who thinks they are gonna beat us? Who? Who? who? Who?

Ha I just found out I have to MC our pep rally for our middle school's playoff football game. Wondering if I should squeeze some New Day references in?? Or something like "This is your 8th grade football team, and they are certified G's and bonafide studs, and you cant teach that".

Or blah blah blah, Who thinks they are gonna beat us? Who? Who? who? Who?

Gotta start with "Ahhhh (school)...Don't be sour...etc.." Would be epic.

[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

LOL....

Who is going to beat us? Who? Who? Who? Who????

Not those guys from Bootyville.

But i think we all know the direction this has to go:

"Those guys from Town X are gonna get......................... ...........IT"

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

THEY JUST MADE THE LIST!!!