WWE wrestling thread

MtlJeff

Can't stand the fact they are defending the title in the rumble match. They finally got Roman over, they can't keep going back and forth with the win the belt, lose the belt crap. Let him hold if for awhile, enough with the screwjob ending. If they want him to be the man, especially now with all the amount of talent hurt, he needs to hold onto the belt for awhile. Best way to put him over as the top dog is to have him win the main event at WrestleMania.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand the fact they are defending the title in the rumble match. They finally got Roman over, they can't keep going back and forth with the win the belt, lose the belt crap. Let him hold if for awhile, enough with the screwjob ending. If they want him to be the man, especially now with all the amount of talent hurt, he needs to hold onto the belt for awhile. Best way to put him over as the top dog is to have him win the main event at WrestleMania.

Completely agree, they have the fans doing friggin yes chants for him , he's as over as he's going to get. And fans are fickle though, doing totally transparent things was why they hated Roman in the first place. They are playing with fire here.

They should've just had him squash someone in the league of Nations at rumble, like Barrett or Rusev. Fans would enjoy seeing that... And then have either Brock or HHH win it and set up wrestlemania.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The Ambrose-Owens match tonight in Laredo, TX reminded me of some old school World Class Terry Funk-Mick Foley stuff.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

read today and didn't even realize...every person who held a championship belt after Wrestlemania is now injured (Rollins, Bryan, Cena, Nikki Bella, Tyson Kidd, Cesaro). Talk about a curse....

I really have no idea what they are going to do for Wrestlemania. I don't really even know who's available and who they like. The top healthy heel on the roster right now is probably Bray Wyatt, but he just finished a feud with Reigns. If they don't have Brock or HHH win the rumble i have no idea how a scenario even works. Is there anyone else on the roster who could main event a Wrestlemania as a heel? Wyatt could , but Reigns/Wyatt again? Probably not. Wyatt can't go 0/3 at WM. I can't imagine they'd have Kevin Owens in the main event

They've ruined the other heels. Rusev and Barrett are almost comical in the whole league of nations thing. They just get beat up every time they show up

A bit of a wild card is Dolph Ziggler. Who is beloved, and with all the injuries....give the guy something to do!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• 2 weeks later...

It's almost Royal Rumble time? Who do think will be a surprise entrant this year?

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

New Mania main event: Wyatt Family vs Social Outcasts. With all the injuries and the way they do things, it could happen.

I love the social outcasts....they have serious New Day potential. Heath Slater has never really been utilized properly, he's like the Miz in that he's a poor wrestler but a great mic guy. And you can use him anyway you want because unlike the Miz he doesn't really have a developed character. So this is great use for him. Adam Rose is also a pretty funny guy and Bo Dallas in the right settings is also hilarious (the "let's run laps" line last week made me lol)

Plus they are positioned as faces right now. I genuinely think if the WWE lets these guys run with this, they will get over huge

Their win on smackdown was perfect. Bo Dallas knocks his own teammate out while performing his finisher, but they still get the W

perfect booking

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

It's almost Royal Rumble time? Who do think will be a surprise entrant this year?

Does Baron Corbin count? Not sure he'd be a surprise. But they debut'd Rusev 2 years ago so i'm like 98% that they debut Corbin much in the same manner. He probably comes in somewhere in the 5-10 range, eliminates 2-3 guys then gets thrown out, but looks like a dominant guy

Corbin for sure, but since the event is in Florida, i could see a number of different NXT guys in it. Apollo Crews is not factoring into the NXT belt for the foreseeable future, so i could see him also getting called up. I could also see Enzo Amore and Big Cass....if not both.

Given the lack of healthy people in the WWE, and the NXT's backyard being Florida...it makes sense

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Sure Corbin counts. I see anyone that isn't on the main roster as a surprise entrant.

I'm hoping a few guys like Samoa Joe and Crews make it in.

Keep hoping for a Daniel Bryan entry but it doesn't seem like the WWE medical staff will ever clear him.

I'll be at Monday Night Raw tonight with my son, hoping for a good show, don't know how event before the Pay per View will be?

10.5* Cobra LTDx Driver w/ Veylix Alpina Shaft

14.5 * Taylormade Stealth + Fairway wood w/ Veylix Rome Shaft

19.0* Callaway Rogue ST Max w/ Graphite Design Tour AD 75 shaft

4-PW Callaway Apex 21 w/ Accra steel 105g shafts

Edison Wedges w/ Accra Steel 115g shafts (49*, 54*, 59*)

SIK C-Series Pro Putter w/ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar Shaft

Are full episodes of the 1980s Georgia/NWA Wrestling that aired on TBS available on demand from WWE Network? I believe they used to offer those through their previous on demand service.

"You think we play the same stuff you do?"

--Rory McIlroy 

New Mania main event: Wyatt Family vs Social Outcasts. With all the injuries and the way they do things, it could happen.

I love the social outcasts....they have serious New Day potential. Heath Slater has never really been utilized properly, he's like the Miz in that he's a poor wrestler but a great mic guy. And you can use him anyway you want because unlike the Miz he doesn't really have a developed character. So this is great use for him. Adam Rose is also a pretty funny guy and Bo Dallas in the right settings is also hilarious (the "let's run laps" line last week made me lol)

Plus they are positioned as faces right now. I genuinely think if the WWE lets these guys run with this, they will get over huge

Their win on smackdown was perfect. Bo Dallas knocks his own teammate out while performing his finisher, but they still get the W

perfect booking

Slater would have been a big star in 1980s Memphis wrestling, where the gift of gab was far more important than in-ring ability.

"You think we play the same stuff you do?"

--Rory McIlroy 

I'll be at Monday Night Raw tonight with my son, hoping for a good show, don't know how event before the Pay per View will be?

Historically the "go-home" show is supposed to be a good one. But lately, you never know

Though i'm sure there will be some major announcements re: the rumble.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Just read the results, glad I watched basketball last night. In my biggest sarcastic voice, wow what a shocker Roman Reigns #1 entry in the rumble. At least we should see some decent matches on the undercard with Ambrose vs Owens and Kalisto vs Del Rio and New Day vs Uso tag matches are always entertaining.

It was a good live show, most importantly my 5 year old son loves it, that is what really counts for me. He got to slap Roman Reigns hand twice as we sat on the aisle that he walked down.

A few years back I wished for a fatal four way dream match consisting of Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, AJ Styles, and Austin Aries. I know Punk is gone, but it looks like AJ Styles will be at the Rumble and reports have popped up of Austin Aries being in talks with the WWE.

Replace Punk with Rollins(when he's back healthy) and medically clear Bryan and it looks like that match would finally have a chance of occurring.

Becky Lynch got a really nice pop coming out for Smackdown. Her mic time on Monday was really impressive too. I wonder if they'll give her the title

I think it's clear that Sasha Banks will be the challenger at Wrestlemania. If they are serious about giving the ladies more respect, a singles match would make a lot of sense. Interested in seeing if it's Becky or Charlotte

I suppose it's possible they could also do a triple threat or 4-way involving all 3 of them and Paige.

I think it would make a bigger statement if they had a singles match like the men do. I'd love to see Becky/Sasha

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Yes. AJ styles. #royalrumble

I think the actual Royal Rumble match was weak, Jericho stayed in way too long, people were booing when Reigns came back out... Not the best performance

• 3 weeks later...

Well Daniel Bryan retired, and I hoped that he was going to make it back to wrestling so that sucks. WWE seems to be on a downward spiral right now. Just nothing exciting happening. About the most exciting thing has been Ambrose going after Lesnar. Tag Team division still sucks, though Gold N Truth could be good for a little bit. They need Cena, Rollins, Orton, and Cesaro to hurry up and get healthy. KO is about the only credible heel right now and they have him in a go nowhere fued with Dolph for some reason. Itll be interesting to see how the road to Wrestlemania shapes up over the next few weeks.

Yeah WWE kinda sucks right now. I am happy Daniel Bryan retired though, from what i know about him he is a really nice guy and well spoken and intelligent, the last thing you want to see i him end up like Junior Seau or Chris Benoit or whoever. I know that is hard to imagine and maybe poor taste, but you just never know, he has a terrible record of concussions. Him and Brie seems like decent people, i wish them the best...i didn't want to see him get hurt again

As for the WWE and 'mania. I wonder if Dean Ambrose is going to get Daniel Bryan'd (speaking of him!), meaning what happened in 2014 when they swerved the plans and had him beat Batista. The fans just won't accept Reigns when it's this obvious and i fear that this is more obvious then ever. He's not really getting pops at RAW, and it's clearer and clearer that Ambrose is the #1 face in the company, if they want cheers at Mania he is the most certain choice. Him going over HHH would get a massive reaction, and him facing off aginst Rollins when Seth is back, this time with Ambrose as the favorite, would be a welcome touch

The tag team division reminds me of the divas division before the callups. NXT is way better then WWE. SAWFT is great, American Alpha is great, i actually really like the Hype Bros too, they are really goofy but man, they deliver what they promise. Mojo Rawley is a crazy person. How they cannot call anyone up while force feeding us the dudleys every week...i don't get. I also don't get how they haven't paired up Neville into a tag team. If there was ever a perfect tag team person, it's Neville. He and Stardust would be great, for example. They could call themselves the cosmic heroes or something. They would put on great matches

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Does anybody else think AJ Styles has been a big flop so far?

I am very curious to see the matches for Mania though. Because i'm not really sure where any of this stands...there's only a couple of feuds that seems reasonably certain. I would guess:

-Wyatt versus Brock Lesnar (Lesnar can't hold the belt with all the injuries, as a part time guy)

-Becky vs Sasha vs Charlotte triple threat for divas title

-Reigns vs Triple H for WWE champ (this might end up being a triple threat with Ambrose? If Ambrose isn't in this he has no other ongoing feuds and i see the US belt being the ladder match)

No idea what else....

-KO vs Undertaker? (who is Taker going to fight? KO is a true pro so he'd probably approve that, plus Undertaker is gonna put some over probably and KO has a great future)

-US championship ladder match? (i could see Styles winning this if he isn't in another feud)

-New Day vs maybe Harper/Strowman?

-Chris Jericho vs Ambrose or Styles?

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Does anybody else think AJ Styles has been a big flop so far?

His first match with Jericho was a little rough...timing was off for them both. Other matches have been pretty good.

WWE creative is getting like TNA imo. Direction seems a little confused or maybe they throw a few things out that they don't care about just for the heck of it. Booking odd matches lately.

Ambrose losing the title to Kevin Owens on Raw was a great move IMO because it really adds drama for this weekend. Ambrose has been the #1 guy in the company for the past 6 months, theres no question. He gets the biggest pop, they've started giving him marquee time slots on RAW, they've booked him strong. He has arguably been their top performer since all of the injuries happened.

Since he is no longer the IC champ, and is a major figure in the company, he will need a WM feud...so my guess is he ends up in a triple threat for the WWE championship, which would be outstanding because it would add real intrigue to the main event at WM. I honestly believe that the brass is genuinely considering having him win the big belt in dallas.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Ambrose winning the belt would be great, though I'm sure they would figure a way to screw him over, Seth Rollins should be due to comeback after wrestle mania sometime I believe......

From what I understand Rollins wont be back until Summerslam-ish...Im still thinking Vince is going with Reigns although he may had seen what DB was able to do with the crowd and thinks Ambrose may be able to get similar reactions and support. Im thinking Reigns wins the triple threat and it sets up a Brock/Ambrose WM match. No clue on who Undertaker faces...dont think Cena will be ready. Ive been reading that Cena may make a heel turn here shortly with all of the people hurt. I would like to see some of the tag teams from NXT get called up like Jeff mentioned. Its a good division in NXT. Should have a good idea of what will happen after Sunday.