WWE wrestling thread

MtlJeff

Interesting show so far. Taker and Kane carted out like sacks of taters. Hmm...

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1445910087' post='12511026']
[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1445858834' post='12507158']
[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1445828336' post='12506556']First time for awhile I watched a WWE PPV.I liked the ending. Very interested in where this goes. I'm still suprised Bray hasn't held the WWE Title.[/quote]
Has Bray held a title period? He should have at least had the U.S. Or IC title.

The ending could set up a cool SS match. There's 4 Wyatts. Undertaker and Kane teamed up recently at a house show. They only need two more partners.
[/quote]

I was thinking maybe Taker joins the Wyatt Family as the new Leader and turns heel. I'm still holding out hope for Taker v Sting.
[/quote]

I think Sting is done. He got too banged up at NOC although you never know. Still a long time to WM.

Last nights show was actually decent. I liked the tournament/fatal 4 way for no. 1 contender. I still think Raw has to do away with the random 6 man tag team matches. And Ive said it before, they desperately need some new tag teams. All they have right now is New Day and the Dudleyz. No one really cares about PTP, Lucha, or anyone else. Time to call up some from NXT or go with a couple random pairings. New Day is gold right now though. I already miss Xavier and the trombone.

Wondering who is going to be Kane and Taker's partners for SVS. It appears as though Reigns is going to fight Rollins. Wonder if Ambrose will step up. Im hoping no though and they get some fresh people for this story.

Never understood why they killed the tag team division as it seems to really be a hit at TV, live events, and PPVs.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1445964212' post='12513400']
Never understood why they killed the tag team division as it seems to really be a hit at TV, live events, and PPVs.
[/quote]

I used to love the tag team division. The great old teams like Demolition, Strike Force, The Rockers, Road Dogg/BA Billy Gunn, Legion of Doom, Steiners, Hardy's, Edge/Christian, even Scotty 2 Hotty/Rikishi. They used to put on great matches. What I have seen from the Vaudevillians I have liked. I love their gimmick. If WWE doesnt screw them up when they get to main roster they could be a good fun team for a while.

New Day is absolute gold. The Dudleyz are fun also but there is just no one even close to their levels.

Was anyone else hoping that Big E and Kofi were gonna have to fight each other last night?

I thought it was very ballsy to have Roman get #1 contender, when he is only 80% over and Rollins is an Indie legend. Really interested to see how this feud goes and Roman gets treated in each city

Crowd yesterday loved it, he got major cheers. Maybe it is his time

I'm a big Reigns fan, he's earned it with great performances.

Thought it was telling that they made KO look good again too basically having him finish 2nd. I guess he is getting the backstage support too

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='blaird' timestamp='1445966601' post='12513608']
[/quote]

I used to love the tag team division. The great old teams like Demolition, Strike Force, The Rockers, Road Dogg/BA Billy Gunn, Legion of Doom, Steiners, Hardy's, Edge/Christian, even Scotty 2 Hotty/Rikishi. They used to put on great matches. What I have seen from the Vaudevillians I have liked. I love their gimmick. If WWE doesnt screw them up when they get to main roster they could be a good fun team for a while.

New Day is absolute gold. The Dudleyz are fun also but there is just no one even close to their levels.

Was anyone else hoping that Big E and Kofi were gonna have to fight each other last night?
[/quote]

TNA had a great tag division years ago. Beer Money,Team 3D and The Motor City Machine Guns.

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1446000147' post='12516620'][quote name='blaird' timestamp='1445966601' post='12513608']
[/quote]

[/quote]

TNA had a great tag division years ago. Beer Money,Team 3D and The Motor City Machine Guns.[/quote]
TNA had the tag title series between the Dudleys, the Hardys, and the Wolves. Every match was awesome. WWE needs another big team or two, but could develop something like that to get the fans really interested.

I think the Wolves are the best tag team in wrestling right now. New Day is really good too. I'm not big on the Young Bucks. For what I've seen of their matches...they don't really love up to the insider hype put upon them.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1446000837' post='12516672']
[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1446000147' post='12516620'][quote name='blaird' timestamp='1445966601' post='12513608']
[/quote]

[/quote]

TNA had a great tag division years ago. Beer Money,Team 3D and The Motor City Machine Guns.[/quote]
TNA had the tag title series between the Dudleys, the Hardys, and the Wolves. Every match was awesome. WWE needs another big team or two, but could develop something like that to get the fans really interested.

I think the Wolves are the best tag team in wrestling right now. New Day is really good too. I'm not big on the Young Bucks. For what I've seen of their matches...they don't really love up to the insider hype put upon them.
[/quote]

I'm not huge on The Wolves. The Young Bucks are a fun tag team they love a superkick.

IMO A short term fix for WWE is to reform The Awesome Truth and Sandow and Cody.

For the WWE network guys who watch NXT...what happened to the Ascension? Old write-ups made them out to be really good when on NXT. On the main roster they've sucked. Was it just the initial crowds poor reaction to them?

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1446029915' post='12517310']
For the WWE network guys who watch NXT...what happened to the Ascension? Old write-ups made them out to be really good when on NXT. On the main roster they've sucked. Was it just the initial crowds poor reaction to them?
[/quote]

Everything Ive read on them talks about how when they came to the main roster everyone looked at them like LOD rip offs and their "welcome to the wasteland" thing never panned out with fans. Their first few weeks on the main roster they were dominant and destroyed teams. Now they are sidekicks to stardust and hardly wrestle. I also just read that the Vaudevillians lost their belts to some team in NXT. Maybe they are about to get bumped up.

I just think most real "gimmick driven" characters don't work on the main roster. Frankly, the NXT fans kind of suck. They go crazy for everything because they think that makes them "smart" fans for loving NXT. Watch a Bayley match, she clotheslines someone and the fans yell "this is awesome" or "this is wrestling"...meanwhile Roman Reigns jumps over the top rope onto people outside the ring on WWE, or goes through a table with Bray at a PPV and fans yell "boring"

The fans in NXT love everyone so its hard to say what works and what doesn't. They love everything and everyone because they think loving NXT makes them smart fans.

The reason the divas have been so great is their characters are just exaggerated versions of themselves. Becky is just Becky, Paige is Paige...etc...they have little gimmicks (Becky is wild!) but nothing major. Every diva is basically like Kevin Owens, just themselves, but exaggerated a bit

Guys like Tyler Breeze, the Ascension, Bo Dallas....these guys didn't have a chance.

To sell a character you have to be REALLY good. Like Bray Wyatt...or my boy Cody Rhodes!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1446084979' post='12521672']
I just think most real "gimmick driven" characters don't work on the main roster. Frankly, the NXT fans kind of suck. They go crazy for everything because they think that makes them "smart" fans for loving NXT. Watch a Bayley match, she clotheslines someone and the fans yell "this is awesome" or "this is wrestling"...meanwhile Roman Reigns jumps over the top rope onto people outside the ring on WWE, or goes through a table with Bray at a PPV and fans yell "boring"

The fans in NXT love everyone so its hard to say what works and what doesn't. They love everything and everyone because they think loving NXT makes them smart fans.

The reason the divas have been so great is their characters are just exaggerated versions of themselves. Becky is just Becky, Paige is Paige...etc...they have little gimmicks (Becky is wild!) but nothing major. Every diva is basically like Kevin Owens, just themselves, but exaggerated a bit

Guys like Tyler Breeze, the Ascension, Bo Dallas....these guys didn't have a chance.

To sell a character you have to be REALLY good. Like Bray Wyatt...or [b]my boy Cody Rhodes![/b]
[/quote]

I hate the Stardust character. Waste of Cody's talent.

Paige's stockings. Yum.

Didn't expect the Uso's back last night. I was thinking "Here we go...more Dudleys vs the New Day" in the elimination match.

(I missed some of Raw...Dudleys might have wrestled earlier and I didn't know).

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1446519632' post='12543910']Paige's stockings. Yum.[/quote]
Paige...yum

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1446554471' post='12544876']
Didn't expect the Uso's back last night. I was thinking "Here we go...more Dudleys vs the New Day" in the elimination match.

(I missed some of Raw...Dudleys might have wrestled earlier and I didn't know).

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1446519632' post='12543910']Paige's stockings. Yum.[/quote]
Paige...yum
[/quote]

I got home late and fast forwarded thru most of the show. I dont think they were on last night. Nice to see the Usos back. Tag Team division needs some help.

Last match was a let down. Could've been better. Should've been better.

WWE is interesting for no other reason then Paige's shirts.

Which lately have been more....revealing

Day 1 of the roman/Seth feud went by without Roman getting attacked by a fan. So they got that going for them

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1446570493' post='12546094']
WWE is interesting for no other reason then Paige's shirts.

Which lately have been more....revealing

Day 1 of the roman/Seth feud went by without Roman getting attacked by a fan. So they got that going for them
[/quote]

Is it just me or is she looking a little more...ummmm..."enhanced"?? I dont really remember noticing it before maybe Im just now noticing.

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1446754097' post='12557774']
Rollins shredded every ligament in his knee in Ireland and is out 6-9 months. New champ to be crowned
[/quote]

That's crappy luck.

So this is going to be very, very interesting...

Reigns is clearly "the guy" now. But the thing is that it's so obvious that im sure WWE is concerned that crowning him at Survivor Series would be too predictable, and the last thing they want is their new marquee guy getting boo'd upon winning the title. So the question is do they pass him up and let him win the title at a different time? Common suggestions would be to turn Dean Ambrose heel and have him cost Roman somehow, leading to some kind of triple threat match or something later where the outcome could be a little more jaded. Or they could give the belt to Sheamus (a great angle would be Sheamus tapping out immediately in his first match, only to claim the MITB later after his competitors have gone through multiple matches, it would be a true heel thing to do)...and then have Roman take it off Sheamus at Rumble, because people don't love Sheamus he would for sure get over

I'm sure WWE will debate this very seriously. The plan will 100% be to get the belt to Roman as best as they can, while making him look strong and getting cheers while doing so...it will be very interesting to see how they do this.

Complicating matters is the fact that Roman was already reportedly bypassed once, at Wrestlemania earlier this year, where apparently he was supposed to win the belt until WWE called an audible that night and gave it to Rollins instead, which apparently caused the A'noie family to go berserk. If he gets bypassed again (especially for former stablemate Ambrose) it would be another slap in the face to Reigns

I wonder if maybe the best thing to do is just bite the bullet and give it to him ASAP. For better or worse....hell, have Lesnar in the tournament and do the job for him in the finals. Go all in on Roman i say.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Also interesting will be the trickle down effect. Orton is out, Cena on sabbatical, Bryan out, now Rollins out....

Sami Zayn has been cleared to wrestle again. Would be interesting to see if he gets called up now rather then pit stop in NXT, or if they fast-track Balor too....they are going to need bodies

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Sucks about Rollins.

It would be a good time to bring back Daniel Bryan even if on a limited basis.

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1446780976' post='12559734']
Give Bray the belt
[/quote]

This.

Let that heel stable work like the dirty ones of old for a bit. Money is always better when the baby face chases the heel champ. Dusty and Flair proved that for a long time.

Bray can rassle, tell a story in the ring, AND work the mic, and it would set the stage for some awesome matches against Reigns and other guys who need a little more help getting over as legit.

Imagine the promo Bray could cut after getting the belt about all these guys dropping like roadkill....and he followed the buzzards on sister Abigail's will to pick at the carcasses and rule over what is left of the WWE.

"He's got the whole world....in his hands". Those were awesome vignettes.

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1446794525' post='12560264']
[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1446780976' post='12559734']
Give Bray the belt
[/quote]

This.

Let that heel stable work like the dirty ones of old for a bit. Money is always better when the baby face chases the heel champ. Dusty and Flair proved that for a long time.

Bray can rassle, tell a story in the ring, AND work the mic, and it would set the stage for some awesome matches against Reigns and other guys who need a little more help getting over as legit.

Imagine the promo Bray could cut after getting the belt about all these guys dropping like roadkill....and he followed the buzzards on sister Abigail's will to pick at the carcasses and rule over what is left of the WWE.

"He's got the whole world....in his hands". Those were awesome vignettes.
[/quote]

I Would love Bray vs Taker for Title at Wrestlemania. Taker wins the belt one last time and retires.