2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping i-e Irons?

Nessism

can someone direct me to the post# with the specs in this 26 page thread? thanks!

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

[quote name='doubleagle2' timestamp='1435874437' post='11878536']
I got my first in hand look today. They look nice thin top line at address I always felt The i series would fit my game better but have always played the s series because of the look. Did not think I would be interested wrong I am tempted did not get to hit so we will have to see.
[/quote]
Are they using the same CTP in the cavity as in the S55's and Glide wedge's?

[quote name='Golfdoctor' timestamp='1435876494' post='11878700']
I got my first in hand look today. They look nice thin top line at address I always felt The i series would fit my game better but have always played the s series because of the look. Did not think I would be interested wrong I am tempted did not get to hit so we will have to see.
[/quote]
[/quote]yes

[quote name='doubleagle2' timestamp='1435876666' post='11878716']
[/quote]
[/quote]yes
[/quote]What CTP? I thought they were a pocket design.

@therealping

My gosh ! They look amazing. Love the new iron numbers. In the factory picture they look clean and sharp.

Love my G25 but gotta try these new ones.

Will they come with the stock CFS distance or the older CFS shaft?

Ping G400 - 10,5° - Tour 65 Stiff

Cobra BioCell - 15° - Diamana D+ 75 Stiff

Ping G400 - 19° - Tour 85 Stiff

Ping G25 - 4-PW - CFS Stiff

Ping Glide OG (50° - 54° - 58°)

Ping Anser Milled

[quote name='Capitaine Haddock' timestamp='1435886844' post='11879546']

Will they come with the stock CFS distance or the older CFS shaft?
[/quote]

Same shaft, just the length is different. I'll be surprised if Ping plays the "long shaft" game with the i's.

I have nothing bad to say about these new clubs, but...when do the i25's go on sale?

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1435886443' post='11879516']
[/quote]
[/quote]yes
[/quote]
They look to have a pocket design, but I've asked this same question before to the guys that have seen and said to hit the new iron, and no one responds.
I guess we'll have to wait and see our selves.

[quote name='Saluki91' timestamp='1435836335' post='11874932']
It appears as though the blue is paint - not a badge.

If that is the case, then I am a happy man!
[/quote]

It's a badge.

[quote name='Golfdoctor' timestamp='1435896162' post='11880346']
They look to have a pocket design, but I've asked this same question before to the guys that have seen and said to hit the new iron, and no one responds.
[/quote]

The CTP is an s55/i25/Glide style that is located deep in the pocket. Not easily visible.

PING G30 Driver/3w/2h
PING i20 4-U
PING Tour W 56/60
Cameron Select 2.5
PING Hoofer

[quote name='trustyrusty' timestamp='1435853705' post='11876588']
[quote name='Maffe64' timestamp='1435852593' post='11876446']
It seems like Westy's playing them at the French Open (European tour) today.
With a guy like Lee who changes his clubs rarely, these must be really good to be in play so early
[/quote]

or maybe really the same.
[/quote]exactly......these guys can change easily because new stuff is more similar than different to their previous set playing.....

[quote name='dunn' timestamp='1435899125' post='11880502']
With a guy like Lee who changes his clubs rarely, these must be really good to be in play so early
[/quote]

[/quote]exactly......these guys can change easily because new stuff is more similar than different to their previous set playing.....
[/quote]You have been on record saying people shouldn't change equipment, it doesn't help, it's the golfer not the equipment, etc. You are most likely 100% correct. But, this is an equipment forum, so I'm not sure why it's a negative for folks to like the new equipment regardless of how small the difference.

[quote name='Golfdoctor' timestamp='1435896162' post='11880346']
[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1435886443' post='11879516']
[/quote]
[/quote]yes
[/quote]
[/quote]I believe there is the same very soft CTP as in Glide.....

Titleist TS 3 Graphite 10,5 Design IZ 6 Stiff
Titleist TS 2 Graphite 16,5 Design IZ 7 Stiff
Titleist CNCPT irons 3456789

If what I've gathered from this thread is true I think these will replace my s55's. Just to make sure I have this right since its been a long thread to run through. Size is between the i25 and s55, but forgiveness more inline with the i25? More durable finish. Stock shaft options include the PX with a release date around 7/31?
I love my s55's, but I've gone from playing a couple times a week to a couple times a month and would love a little added forgiveness with similar size.

TM Mini 300 11.5 Ventus TR Blue 6

Rogue ST LS 16.5 3HL Ventus Blue 7

Ping G425 19* Hybrid Ventus HB 8

PXG Gen 5 0311 22* Hybrid Ventus HB

Srixon ZX5 5-6 Steelfiber i95

Srixon ZX7 7-AW Steelfiber i95

Vokey SM9 56* M Grind Steelfiber i95

Vokey SM8 60* M grind Steelfiber i95
Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5

Srixon ZStar Diamond

[quote name='chamgel2' timestamp='1435965056' post='11884004']
If what I've gathered from this thread is true I think these will replace my s55's. Just to make sure I have this right since its been a long thread to run through. Size is between the i25 and s55, but forgiveness more inline with the i25? More durable finish. Stock shaft options include the PX with a release date around 7/31?
I love my s55's, but I've gone from playing a couple times a week to a couple times a month and would love a little added forgiveness with similar size.
[/quote]
All correct I was told pre-order will start 7/15 I should have them in hand by 7/31 so the fit clubs should be in store by mid July

[quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1435899731' post='11880524']
[/quote]

[/quote]You have been on record saying people shouldn't change equipment, it doesn't help, it's the golfer not the equipment, etc. You are most likely 100% correct. But, this is an equipment forum, so I'm not sure why it's a negative for folks to like the new equipment regardless of how small the difference.
[/quote]

I wasn't insinuating that people shouldn't like it or be excited about it; I certainly am looking forward to hitting them. I was replying to the fact that Westwood switching means they're likely a good product just as the I25 is but it doesn't mean they're a significant improvement just because he switched.

The visible tech is the same. Tungsten toe weight. Cavity back design. Progressive offset. Ctp. Etc. Even any reasonable guesses at new tech like variable face thickness would represent incremental improvement.

I'm really curious to see how these rate in the MPF vs the i25 and s55. If they stay in the 550 range maybe ping has completely different metrics in judging forgiveness.

[quote name='trustyrusty' timestamp='1435979620' post='11885246'][quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1435899731' post='11880524']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I wasn't insinuating that people shouldn't like it or be excited about it; I certainly am looking forward to hitting them. I was replying to the fact that Westwood switching means they're likely a good product just as the I25 is but it doesn't mean they're a significant improvement just because he switched.

The visible tech is the same. Tungsten toe weight. Cavity back design. Progressive offset. Ctp. Etc. Even any reasonable guesses at new tech like variable face thickness would represent incremental improvement.

I'm really curious to see how these rate in the MPF vs the i25 and s55. If they stay in the 550 range maybe ping has completely different metrics in judging forgiveness.[/quote]I didn't think I meant you, unless you have two different handles? My post probably sounded harsh and I really didn't mean it that way. I'm just surprised that people would think the ie1's would be anything but an evolution. Pretty much all the manufacturers have little room to play with when trying to make an iron look good and be forgiving, so many of the outputs look much the same.

I'm pumped for these irons, even if they are only minor tweaks to the i20/i25. Ping irons are top notch, so when they make little adjustments, it can actually mean a lot.

Some oems consistently regress in design/performance of their irons. The original xhot pros have better numbers than the x2h pros and the even newer xr pros. Look at TM, will they ever have irons that can hold a candle to the LTs/LT2s? Ping is guilty of this as well in certain models. I think that's why so many of us have a specific favorite PING iron model we hold in such high regard - older models like the i3/i5 that are medium in size, but have substantial forgiveness.

It's a challenging balancing act - getting lots of forgiveness in a compact, attractive package.

They hit the jackpot with the s55s, a compact player's iron with tons of forgiveness and performance. Iirc, that iron neared 600 in the mpf measurement. Pretty damn impressive for an iron that compact.

I'm not saying mpf is the end all be all measurement for determining the purchase of irons, but it's good to be informed on specific numbers; moi, vcog, etc.

Agreed with the above poster, I'm really hoping for an improvement in the mpf for these irons. Hoping for at least 600, and ideally 650+ for an i-model PING. If this doesn't turn out to be the case, why not just get the s55?

TITLEIST TSR2 TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

3w broken

PING G430 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i230 5-PW MODUS 115S

TITLEIST SM9 50F 54D 58D S200

LAB DF3 BLK, 73°, 35", Heavy

[quote name='^m9' timestamp='1435991258' post='11885764']
I'm pumped for these irons, even if they are only minor tweaks to the i20/i25. Ping irons are top notch, so when they make little adjustments, it can actually mean a lot.

Some oems consistently regress in design/performance of their irons. The original xhot pros have better numbers than the x2h pros and the even newer xr pros. Look at TM, will they ever have irons that can hold a candle to the LTs/LT2s? Ping is guilty of this as well in certain models. I think that's why so many of us have a specific favorite PING iron model we hold in such high regard - older models like the i3/i5 that are medium in size, but have substantial forgiveness.

It's a challenging balancing act - getting lots of forgiveness in a compact, attractive package.

They hit the jackpot with the s55s, a compact player's iron with tons of forgiveness and performance. Iirc, that iron neared 600 in the mpf measurement. Pretty damn impressive for an iron that compact.

I'm not saying mpf is the end all be all measurement for determining the purchase of irons, but it's good to be informed on specific numbers; moi, vcog, etc.

Agreed with the above poster, I'm really hoping for an improvement in the mpf for these irons. Hoping for at least 600, and ideally 650+ for an i-model PING. If this doesn't turn out to be the case, why not just get the s55?
[/quote]

The Maltby Playability Factor doesn't necessarily translate into real world differences for some players. Many would disagree that the S55 is equally or more forgiving than the i25, though the MPF would indicate that to be true. Those people would include the Ping engineering and design staff.

We agree. I was just responding BC my comment started the subthread and it wasn't intended to be snarky.

As far as the MPF and the s55 vs the i25 I don't know what to make of all that. I found the i25 much more forgiving personally than the s55 and I'm looking for something more forgiving than my ap2s so I hope these fit the bill.

[quote name='trustyrusty' timestamp='1436015754' post='11886414']
We agree. I was just responding BC my comment started the subthread and it wasn't intended to be snarky.

As far as the MPF and the s55 vs the i25 I don't know what to make of all that. I found the i25 much more forgiving personally than the s55 and I'm looking for something more forgiving than my ap2s so I hope these fit the bill.
[/quote]The ap2 would statistically fit in between the i25 and s55. The ie1 are reported to be a stop gap measure between the i25 and s55 (at least from some of the posters in this thread). If that is indeed the case, the ap2's already offer the similarities you're looking for.

@therealping

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1436016380' post='11886462']
[quote name='trustyrusty' timestamp='1436015754' post='11886414']

[/quote]The ap2 would statistically fit in between the i25 and s55. The ie1 are reported to be a stop gap measure between the i25 and s55 (at least from some of the posters in this thread). If that is indeed the case, the ap2's already offer the similarities you're looking for.
[/quote]

Yeah I have a feeling I'm going to find the ie1 more forgiving. The soles appear to be wider but perhaps you're right. Ping may be aligning its irons - g series, I series and s series with titleists ap1, ap2 and cb\mb respectively. If that's the case I may wait until the new ap series is released in November and choose between the g30 ap1 and the i25 instead.

My pro says he will have the demo in around the 30th of July according to the Ping rep. He will have 7 new shafts to try which is awesome. The Ping Glide ES I ordered will be able to be placed around the 15th.

I am currently playing s55 irons. I have had them for 2 weeks and originally had a set the beginning of last year. They are pretty forgiving for a blade-like iron. I think I actually hit them better than my i25 irons honestly. I am looking forward to the release of these new i irons. I love the looks and love the blue. I currently have a navy blue hoofer. I am more concerned with playability however. The new ones will have to be very good to push these out. I haven't shot over par since I got them.

I change too much to list it. Working on that...