side saddle putters - what putter are you using?

brentflog

Ebay $109 arrived at 47" length. I really like it. Feels solid, lines up fine, when the builder says 3 degrees of loft that does not appear to be relative to the shaft--the putter face seems to be completely parallel to the shaft such that if I had the shaft at plumb to planet earth the lie seems to be pretty close to zero.

I spent about 2.5h in the blazing hot Denver sun putting with it on the practice green and the short putts, 5' and under definitely seemed better than my right and left side-on putting is from that range. For quite a while I was using a very passive pendulum swing (less force applied on the downswing, more of a gravity swing) and my line for anything over about 10' suffered greatly over using the same putter side-on. Get out to 50 feet or so and I might be as much as 3' off line. Now if I lined up from behind the ball, stabilized the face then reoriented to do a side-on stroke, I did so much better w/ the line and distance. Fortunately this putter seems great for either FO or SO so I can play with that as desired.

After a good 90 minutes of FO using a longer gravity swing I changed to a shorter stroke with a more active downstroke, remembering what I think the guy that sells the GP putter said, and did so much better for distance control. I figured force applied w/ my right side was going to induce yipping and so I did the more passive longer stroke initially. Too early to tell much except the short putts seems more solidly at the center of the hole sometimes up to 7 or 8' so that's very encouraging.

I think the $109 eBay special is a perfectly fine piece of work really.

Anyone tried the gripping the putter by placing the grip/shaft between the BACKS of your index and middle fingers? In taking the thumb out of play it seems the forearm muscle bundles are more relaxed and you will then bring the club back with the upper arm muscle groups instead of both forearm and upper arm FWIW. You would be in effect backhanding your forward stroke. The pencil grip forefinger and thumb is hwat I have been using which feel fine. Underhanding was impossible for me to control well for line.

> @J-Tizzle said:

> Anyone try the BG Lucky 7 side saddle putter?

>

> Looking at it, I'm guessing the forgiveness of the F22 isn't baked into there, and question if I could even use it without the AK shaft like the F22. But a different option if someone doesn't want to putt with a space shuttle on a stick.

Also curious about the Lucky 7. It has the look of some old ping center shafted long putters, but much nicer looking. I kind of like the idea of the F22 having the shaft in the rear , I wonder what the view looks like top down on the Luck 7? Curious if you see the whole ball or if the shaft blocks some of the view of the ball.

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

> @ncp10 said:

> Anyone tried the gripping the putter by placing the grip/shaft between the BACKS of your index and middle fingers? In taking the thumb out of play it seems the forearm muscle bundles are more relaxed and you will then bring the club back with the upper arm muscle groups instead of both forearm and upper arm FWIW. You would be in effect backhanding your forward stroke. The pencil grip forefinger and thumb is hwat I have been using which feel fine. Underhanding was impossible for me to control well for line.

This is where I find BG f22 AK shaft really helps. The putter is CG balanced (not face, not heel but CG). That means it spins really easily around the shaft - I made a post about it a few pages back and posted a video to show what it’s like compared to face balanced one. What it means is it’s quite unstable when swung poorly as you have all that mass trying to even itself out around the CG. But you can really tell when you are swinging it correctly - it’s super stable. It really helps when experimenting with different grips and feels.

To me it does feel like the forearm really needs to shut down (same as you) and the stroke tempo needs to follow what the putter head wants to do to get it to behave. I can see how your grip will helps with that but I would imagine it will feel quite odd in release as it will be an unfamiliar feeling - would hurt distance control.

For me forefinger behind the shaft and thumb and long finger either side of shaft works best to get max feel for the strike, but I don’t really worry about what I’m doing in back and through - just tell myself to make sure the putter is not telling me it’s wrong - I just repeat the practice stroke.

> @deman77 said:

> For me forefinger behind the shaft and thumb and long finger either side of shaft works best to get max feel for the strike, but I don’t really worry about what I’m doing in back and through - just tell myself to make sure the putter is not telling me it’s wrong - I just repeat the practice stroke.

This brings up another question if you will: practice strokes! I did none while trying out this new putter yesterday because I would line up behind the ball to establish my line so in order to not change the line and face angle there wasn't a good way to do a practice stroke without moving away from the ball. I guess it's a case of practicing before you actually line up the ball. With SO putting of course it's easy to set up a practice stroke then just move up your address to prepare to putt.

I'm sure there are better putters than the one I bought for FO like your BG f22 AK shafted model it sounds really good--definitely would be very useful to be able to feel you're staying in line as it were. The one I bought should give me a chance to see if this is for me it seems pretty good!

> @ncp10 said:

> Anyone tried the gripping the putter by placing the grip/shaft between the BACKS of your index and middle fingers? In taking the thumb out of play it seems the forearm muscle bundles are more relaxed and you will then bring the club back with the upper arm muscle groups instead of both forearm and upper arm FWIW. You would be in effect backhanding your forward stroke. The pencil grip forefinger and thumb is hwat I have been using which feel fine. Underhanding was impossible for me to control well for line.

I’m having a hard time picturing this. Can you take a picture? I think the way you grip it on both hands can make a big difference

If you are messing around try this with regular length putter.

Right hand just three fingers used. Index on the back of the shaft.

ftk8jnzd3hzc.jpeg

Left hand like an iron grip but upside down. Fully cocked wrist.

5p0he8gx7d6w.jpeg

Here assembled together. Rest the wrist of left arm on the right forearm. Tou have assembled unit that should have no movement and good feel through index finger of right hand. Feet parallel, a little bend in knees and bend torso forward. Then you set the ball about 12-16in (depending on putter loft - just find what gives best roll) in front of right foot and just enough to the right that right arm is hanging naturally and the putter lie is not modified (I actually align the putter between my feet after the practice stroke straddling the ball so I am over the line. Then put the putter down with correct lie and alignment then step left and fit yourself onto the resting putter. You just rock that thing in two shoulder sockets)

ohjts753elye.jpeg

This is not the typical side saddle but seeing as you are messing around try it. Since putter head is quite a bit to the right of your eye line esp for low lie putters I suggest looking at the hole as looking at the ball will mess up your alignment and you get better distance control looking at the target. This will give you perfect straight back and through stroke with any lie putter unlike standard SS where you need vertical putter for eefety straight stroke. You still have not to flip your hands or pull your arms offline - both of those are a given in standard SS but not here. grip style should help you achieve the former and with the latter you need to be comfortable looking at the hole (or rather target point ) and knowing you will strike it pure and it will get there on the line you chose. My putter tells me when I am pulling or pushing as it starts twisting in my hand but you can do it fine with any putter. That comfort gets a bit of getting used to as the ball will shoot out from the right but you will see the line on the ball rolling true so you will know you hit your line. I don’t really notice it any more.

Thanks for all of that! Right now I am going to stick w/ the new SS putter and see if I can make peace with it before introducing anything radically different. I have 28 more days to return it if it's not for me. The possibility of this being for me really has to do with whether or not it eliminates the yip action for me and unfortunately there is no guarantee of that. Just watch the video of Sam Snead I posted a while back--bad yip with his SS/FO action w/ a short putter. Practicing solo on practice greens is great for getting some idea what sort of technique will work for me, but it is not a test for yipping. I am playing w/ the gang of teasers next Monday which will be the perfect op to test for yipping w/ this putter. I really have no idea what to expect but will know soon!

I practiced for a good 90m this morning and it was overall still encouraging so far but now with about 4h of focused practice I feel a little better about what I'm trying to do but again it's all about the yipping issue for me.

All of you convinced me to give the F22 a try. I had the LFI a few years ago and got away from it, looking forward to getting a BG in the bag again!

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

> @brentflog said:

> > @ncp10 said:

> > Anyone tried the gripping the putter by placing the grip/shaft between the BACKS of your index and middle fingers?

> I’m having a hard time picturing this. Can you take a picture? I think the way you grip it on both hands can make a big difference

I tried it today and it wasn't pretty so I didn't take its photograph

Did another 2h of focused practice but results are a little more marginal than I would have guessed. I have the putter vertical in opposing planes, I think have become proficient at holding the top putter w/ the left hand such that there is never any face rotation, but miss more of my lines than I would have predicted. So I'm playing around w/ exactly how to take the putter back as I must not be swinging exactly on my line or so it seems. After now about 8h of pretty focused effort I definitely do not feel anywhere near as comfortable as w/ SO putting and made more putts in the under 8' range putting traditionally. The putter seems fine to me though on long putts I have to make sure I have the ball played where it should be to avoid hitting up or down on the ball. I feel like my setup is not bad in terms of consistency and making sure I can swing freely but not making as many putts as I'd hoped in the under 8' range. Speed control isn't bad but I'm sure that's playing a role too. I may need to use the aim line on the ball to help me see that I am taking the putter back perfectly straight back which I've not done much yet thinking that binocular vision might be sufficient.

> @ncp10 said:

> Did another 2h of focused practice but results are a little more marginal than I would have guessed. I have the putter vertical in opposing planes, I think have become proficient at holding the top putter w/ the left hand such that there is never any face rotation, but miss more of my lines than I would have predicted. So I'm playing around w/ exactly how to take the putter back as I must not be swinging exactly on my line or so it seems. After now about 8h of pretty focused effort I definitely do not feel anywhere near as comfortable as w/ SO putting and made more putts in the under 8' range putting traditionally. The putter seems fine to me though on long putts I have to make sure I have the ball played where it should be to avoid hitting up or down on the ball. I feel like my setup is not bad in terms of consistency and making sure I can swing freely but not making as many putts as I'd hoped in the under 8' range. Speed control isn't bad but I'm sure that's playing a role too. I may need to use the aim line on the ball to help me see that I am taking the putter back perfectly straight back which I've not done much yet thinking that binocular vision might be sufficient.

Get or make something like the Juan Putting track. A couple of 2 x 4's could do the trick.

That'll help you groove a SBST stroke.

> @BigEx44 said:

> > @ncp10 said:

> > Did another 2h of focused practice but results are a little more marginal than I would have guessed. I have the putter vertical in opposing planes, I think have become proficient at holding the top putter w/ the left hand such that there is never any face rotation, but miss more of my lines than I would have predicted. So I'm playing around w/ exactly how to take the putter back as I must not be swinging exactly on my line or so it seems. After now about 8h of pretty focused effort I definitely do not feel anywhere near as comfortable as w/ SO putting and made more putts in the under 8' range putting traditionally. The putter seems fine to me though on long putts I have to make sure I have the ball played where it should be to avoid hitting up or down on the ball. I feel like my setup is not bad in terms of consistency and making sure I can swing freely but not making as many putts as I'd hoped in the under 8' range. Speed control isn't bad but I'm sure that's playing a role too. I may need to use the aim line on the ball to help me see that I am taking the putter back perfectly straight back which I've not done much yet thinking that binocular vision might be sufficient.

>

> Get or make something like the Juan Putting track. A couple of 2 x 4's could do the trick.

> That'll help you groove a SBST stroke.

>

Thanks for that I'll do it. Early on I could sense there really isn't anything to keep you from pulling the putter slightly off-line on the backswing so I'm sure a good part of it is just learning the feel and that hopefully will accelerate the learning curve. After that it ought to be pretty pardon the pun...straightforward!

> @ncp10 said:

> > @BigEx44 said:

> > > @ncp10 said:

> > > Did another 2h of focused practice but results are a little more marginal than I would have guessed. I have the putter vertical in opposing planes, I think have become proficient at holding the top putter w/ the left hand such that there is never any face rotation, but miss more of my lines than I would have predicted. So I'm playing around w/ exactly how to take the putter back as I must not be swinging exactly on my line or so it seems. After now about 8h of pretty focused effort I definitely do not feel anywhere near as comfortable as w/ SO putting and made more putts in the under 8' range putting traditionally. The putter seems fine to me though on long putts I have to make sure I have the ball played where it should be to avoid hitting up or down on the ball. I feel like my setup is not bad in terms of consistency and making sure I can swing freely but not making as many putts as I'd hoped in the under 8' range. Speed control isn't bad but I'm sure that's playing a role too. I may need to use the aim line on the ball to help me see that I am taking the putter back perfectly straight back which I've not done much yet thinking that binocular vision might be sufficient.

> >

> > Get or make something like the Juan Putting track. A couple of 2 x 4's could do the trick.

> > That'll help you groove a SBST stroke.

> >

> Thanks for that I'll do it. Early on I could sense there really isn't anything to keep you from pulling the putter slightly off-line on the backswing so I'm sure a good part of it is just learning the feel and that hopefully will accelerate the learning curve. After that it ought to be pretty pardon the pun...straightforward!

>

For me the top hand completely controls the face. Even if I don’t make a good swing path I can make good putts by keeping the top hand steady.

> @brentflog said:

> > @ncp10 said:

> > > @BigEx44 said:

> > > > @ncp10 said:

> > > > Did another 2h of focused practice but results are a little more marginal than I would have guessed. I have the putter vertical in opposing planes, I think have become proficient at holding the top putter w/ the left hand such that there is never any face rotation, but miss more of my lines than I would have predicted. So I'm playing around w/ exactly how to take the putter back as I must not be swinging exactly on my line or so it seems. After now about 8h of pretty focused effort I definitely do not feel anywhere near as comfortable as w/ SO putting and made more putts in the under 8' range putting traditionally. The putter seems fine to me though on long putts I have to make sure I have the ball played where it should be to avoid hitting up or down on the ball. I feel like my setup is not bad in terms of consistency and making sure I can swing freely but not making as many putts as I'd hoped in the under 8' range. Speed control isn't bad but I'm sure that's playing a role too. I may need to use the aim line on the ball to help me see that I am taking the putter back perfectly straight back which I've not done much yet thinking that binocular vision might be sufficient.

> > >

> > > Get or make something like the Juan Putting track. A couple of 2 x 4's could do the trick.

> > > That'll help you groove a SBST stroke.

> > >

> > Thanks for that I'll do it. Early on I could sense there really isn't anything to keep you from pulling the putter slightly off-line on the backswing so I'm sure a good part of it is just learning the feel and that hopefully will accelerate the learning curve. After that it ought to be pretty pardon the pun...straightforward!

> >

>

> For me the top hand completely controls the face. Even if I don’t make a good swing path I can make good putts by keeping the top hand steady.

A billion times this!

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

> @ncp10 said:

> Interesting. Are you saying you can pull the putter back a few degrees off line, and let's say return the downswing a few degrees off line in the other direction thru the ball, and yet because the face hasn't changed the ball goes on its intended path?

Yes. I think I read somewhere that Dave Pelz said that the putts line is 85% face 15% path. I think he actually tested this but I can’t remember for sure.

any putter induced sidespin gets wiped out the moment it stops backspinning and starts rolling. So you have very little part of the putt that may get affected by axis bend (sidespin) coming from face to path. However the lower the spinloft (and for best roll and shortest backspin time we all try to minimise it for putter) the more deviation between path and face will result in side curvature (ie why low spinning drive with same face to path will curve more than high spinning one). I think that’s why people who manipulate with hands tend to favour piston stroke that gives lots of backspin - they tend to keep the launch line better.

All of this curving nonsense only applies for the part when the ball is in the air, so in reality it would only be of any impact on extreme face to path numbers and or very long putts and or a stroke that really poops the ball in the air. You can test it by deliberately swiping across a short putt whilst keeping the face perfectly square - it’s not easy to do as our brain typically tries to keep face to path neutral so you need a very reliable way to keep it square to the target line.

If you are honing a good quick starting roll all that matters is face but for a lot of us square face comes with square path so I’m not saying you should ignore it. But repeatable way is what you want - not some “correct” way.

I don’t know if you read the tutorial by one of the SS oldies (may be bluedot) early in the thread but you really want to develop the feel for the square stroke with very short putts keeping putter head between the blocks and not worrying about the distance or results too much. When you repeatably stop hitting blocks with only a few mm of room either side without thinking about your stroke you can sort out your roll with ball position and then start worrying about results. You will find it nigh on impossible to swing through a tight gate if you are manipulating face so controlled face will come without you worrying about it. Don’t analyse how to do it - you have a macro model just tell your brain you want to swing neatly through the gate and let it figure it out.

Rules of flight would only impact the side tilt whilst the ball is in the air. The moment it starts rolling it’s driven by green contour. On long putts on a slow green where your ball spends more time in the air it will be more affected than when you are putting on a dance floor green when you start rolling almost instantly it’s hardly at all.

Having said that putter stroke has the lowest spinloft of all clubs so if you were trying to flight it a long way for a trick shot it would be the toughest club to give straight flight.

I think that’s why you see a lot of people who play on slow greens with a handsy stroke find more success with a piston stroke down on the ball that really spins the ball back. Inconsistency of launch would be masked by higher spinloft and they are closer to intended line. Plus it reduces impact of poor quality surface for larger part of the stroke.

> @BigEx44 said:

> > @ncp10 said:

> > Did another 2h of focused practice but results are a little more marginal than I would have guessed. I have the putter vertical in opposing planes, I think have become proficient at holding the top putter w/ the left hand such that there is never any face rotation, but miss more of my lines than I would have predicted. So I'm playing around w/ exactly how to take the putter back as I must not be swinging exactly on my line or so it seems. After now about 8h of pretty focused effort I definitely do not feel anywhere near as comfortable as w/ SO putting and made more putts in the under 8' range putting traditionally. The putter seems fine to me though on long putts I have to make sure I have the ball played where it should be to avoid hitting up or down on the ball. I feel like my setup is not bad in terms of consistency and making sure I can swing freely but not making as many putts as I'd hoped in the under 8' range. Speed control isn't bad but I'm sure that's playing a role too. I may need to use the aim line on the ball to help me see that I am taking the putter back perfectly straight back which I've not done much yet thinking that binocular vision might be sufficient.

>

> Get or make something like the Juan Putting track. A couple of 2 x 4's could do the trick.

> That'll help you groove a SBST stroke.

>

> @ncp10 said:

> Interesting. Are you saying you can pull the putter back a few degrees off line, and let's say return the downswing a few degrees off line in the other direction thru the ball, and yet because the face hasn't changed the ball goes on its intended path?

Most definitely. I had a putting lesson once where the instructor demonstrated this. He took the putter way outside on the BS, and the cut across the ball on the DS - it looked like a "slice" putting swing. But he kept the face square to his target line and the ball went straight into the hole. Then he did the opposite. Came way inside on the BS and pushed the putter way out on the DS. Looked like a ping pong swing to get overspin. But again, he kept the face square to the target line and that ball too went dead straight into the hole. Amazing to watch.

> @brentflog said:

> > @ncp10 said:

> > Interesting. Are you saying you can pull the putter back a few degrees off line, and let's say return the downswing a few degrees off line in the other direction thru the ball, and yet because the face hasn't changed the ball goes on its intended path?

>

> Yes. I think I read somewhere that Dave Pelz said that the putts line is 85% face 15% path. I think he actually tested this but I can’t remember for sure.

Most definately. During a putting lesson once I saw the instructor demonstrate this. From 6 ft away he took a BS way outside the line, then cut across the ball on the DS. Looked like a "slice" putter swing. But he kept the face square to his target line and the putt went straight into the hole. Then he did the opposite. Brought the putter head way inside on the BS and pushed way out on the DS. Looked like a ping pong swing where you try to get a big hooking action. But again, he kept the putter face square to his target line, and that ball too went straight into the hole. Amazing.

Wow thanks a lot that really helps and begs the question: what are some more practice tips to focus on to keep the putter face from turning? I had assumed it was all swing path so I will start looking at face now. Best practices for keeping the face stable? I'll do the putting track tool when I can make something w/ 2x4's or something and just leave a few millimeters clearance. The funny thing is I kind of knew this from prior fooling around with hitting short putts with a 30 degree out to in swing path from short range only to see the putt travel straight to the hole, but forgot! This helps after 10 hours of dedicated practice w/ my eBay special I was about to hang it up as progress wasn't happening AT ALL despite diligence in setting up and being consistent.

> @ncp10 said:

> Wow thanks a lot that really helps and begs the question: what are some more practice tips to focus on to keep the putter face from turning? I had assumed it was all swing path so I will start looking at face now. Best practices for keeping the face stable? I'll do the putting track tool when I can make something w/ 2x4's or something and just leave a few millimeters clearance. The funny thing is I kind of knew this from prior fooling around with hitting short putts with a 30 degree out to in swing path from short range only to see the putt travel straight to the hole, but forgot! This helps after 10 hours of dedicated practice w/ my eBay special I was about to hang it up as progress wasn't happening AT ALL despite diligence in setting up and being consistent.

I once had a pro tell me that the only thing that mattered about path in regards to putting is that a consistent path helps you get consistent speed. That stuck with me. Put the face perpendicular to the line of intended roll and just hit the middle of the face. All the rest is just aesthetics.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

Did a couple of hours of putting and focused on keeping the grip pressure UNCHANGING on the left hand during the stroke. I tried several different ways to attach my left hand to the top of the club and actually had the best luck with hyperextending the left wrist, and then keeping a very tight grip with the whole hand! I noticed if I squeezed or loosened the face rotated of course, so again it seemed to work best to keep a very firm grip and just focus on it during the swing, to keep it the same. I had quite a bit better results thankfully! I think my concentration for that long starts waning because I did by far the best the first 30 min of practice where I made a pretty high percentage of 5-6' and under putts which is new for me. Maybe some of those putts were misaligned or the swing path did the 15% role in missing the shorter putts. Long (over about 30') putts were pretty much awful half the time.

Thanks again I have renewed hope for it for sure! Just have to settle on what works best.

Here's another type of grip that I had wondered about but haven't tried it. This old timer impressing Dave Pelz had his right hand IN FRONT of the shaft, with his index finger point down on the front of the shaft:

"Pelz knows the drill. He has been through this before with amateur putting nuts, but because he’s not busy, he agrees to take a look. The old-timer takes his putter and stands facing the cup. Then he produces a sidesaddle-style stroke. Interesting, Pelz thinks. The man’s extended right arm grasps a longish putter on the front of the shaft so the back of his hand faces the hole, with one finger down the shaft like a pointer. His left hand presses the shaft against the right elbow. He bends over slightly, leans right so his head is over the intended putting line and splays his left foot out wide for counterbalance. And then, like a machine, the old man pours in putt after putt after putt. Pelz puts him through a few of his golf-school drills. “He scored better than anyone we’d ever measured,” Pelz recalls. “The putter shaft was behind his right arm, so he was pulling the shaft, not pushing it. That was pretty unusual. He told me he never started a putt off-line. From what I saw, line was not a problem for him.”

Here's a photo of my old friend, Don Iverson. He was probably the first American golfer to come up with this style of putting back in the '60s. He originally invented the Croquet Style Putter and that style while a student in the late '50s at the University of Portland. He showed it to Bob Duden, a tour pro from Portland, who loved it and used in on the PGA Tour. Duden showed it to Snead, who immediately embraced it as a cure for his yips, it worked and he won with it. Not long after, the USGA made Croquet Style Putting illegal.

Don then went to side-saddle with a long putter. It had a 10° lie angle and he putted that way until he died in 2010. He was far and away the best putter I have ever seen -**from any distance**. He almost never missed from inside ten feet, unless faced with a severely downhill breaking putt that he simply misread.

Don was the Washington State Putting Champion back in 1996 when Dave Pelz ran his first World Putting Championship. At the world finals in Florida, he made it to the semi-finals and beat several tour pros to get there.

He was also my Biology teacher and my golf coach during high school (1962-4). Don was a great guy as well.

ak0mch3s5p9b.png

• Like 1

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." - John Wooden

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” - Henry Thoreau

Looking at the hole seems like a really good idea once you have your stroke like you want it and can deliver the putter head to the ball very consistently without looking. Seems like it could really help with distance control. I tried it on several very long putts and made poor ball contact, topping one, etc. I have not been anchoring my left elbow to my chest so that might be something to work on. Today was a lot better it seemed by focusing mostly on keeping the putter face stable.

> @"Joe Duffer" said:He was far and away the best putter I have ever seen -**from any distance**. He almost never missed from inside ten feet, unless faced with a severely downhill breaking putt that he simply misread.

>

That starts sounding like it would be potentially banned if someone was consistently better than the best traditional SO putters as with what happened with Crochet Putting. Apparently that must not be the case and perhaps Don Iverson may be more of a putting savant without the rest of the game to attract concern from others who would want to ban it. If DeChambeau or whomever adopted it and consistently outputted the rest of the tour to a significant degree I think they would ban it.