2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Nike 2016

Mattpgolf15

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1440039461' post='12173878'][quote name='zonacats23' timestamp='1439934046' post='12164544']
Hey WildChild, last time you really wanted something, you got it. #006
[/quote]

That's only because I had the power of GolfWRX behind me. I really owe this site and everyone else a lot. This place and Nike made my dream come true!

And if I haven't said it before then shame on me but Thanks to all the people that contributed! I still get chills when I see the screenshot

Not to thread jack but there are still some WRX'ers who never got a 006 or want to have one they can modify. We are still alive in the putter forum and there is a poll question.

I'm hoping 2016 brings us all a 006 we can love!

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1164653-the-rors-006-release-thread-its-time-releasetheputter-share-your-pictures-and-stories-new-poll-question/page__pid__12160708__st__2880#entry12160708

[attachment=2915420:image.jpg]

http://youtu.be/My2PYs4GsSE[/quote]
It was a fun thread to be about of and was awesome to see Nike do a limited release of the putter. I didn't get a chance to grab one of putters, so in hoping for a retail milled Rors 006 to come out in the fall. Then I can drop some hints to the wife as to what I want to find under the Christmas tree.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nuggets' timestamp='1440070933' post='12175026']Theres a Rory 006 on ebay right now, still in presentation case[/quote]
There's a few of them on there, if they come down a lil bit id definitely buy a back up. This putter is the best thing I've ever bought!

Taylormade Sim 2 Graphite design AD GP 6
Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7
Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
Titleist SM7 Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron T22 fastback Murdered out

IG _Flagrant

If I'm going to ask anything of Nike in 2016 it's to hold more demo days and/or get more product into retail stores around me.

I always enjoyed Nike clubs and used to use iron driver and woods. The only reason I switched is because of the lack of options at fitting and I didn't want to buy something I couldn't test

Now I want to redo the bag and I want back into Nike clubs but not without a proper fitting to ensure I'm getting the right set up.

[quote name='Dubv23' timestamp='1440076786' post='12175420']
If I'm going to ask anything of Nike in 2016 it's to hold more demo days and/or get more product into retail stores around me.

I always enjoyed Nike clubs and used to use iron driver and woods. The only reason I switched is because of the lack of options at fitting and I didn't want to buy something I couldn't test

Now I want to redo the bag and I want back into Nike clubs but not without a proper fitting to ensure I'm getting the right set up.
[/quote]

Agree! I know with the Vapor launch last year there was talk of fitting centers and more of a focus on the customization, but It seemed mostly focused in Europe. I would love to see at least some fitting carts around more places, if not opening up some of the fitting centers here in the US.

[quote name='PapaMike25' timestamp='1440078028' post='12175546']

[/quote]

Agree! I know with the Vapor launch last year there was talk of fitting centers and more of a focus on the customization, but It seemed mostly focused in Europe. I would love to see at least some fitting carts around more places, if not opening up some of the fitting centers here in the US.
[/quote]

The absence of fitting carts in places like Golfsmith and the Worldwide Golf Shops in my area mystifies me, as Nike has the financial muscle to buy as much of a presence as they would like in any store on the planet. I'm a traditional-leaning mid-fifties guy who never gave them a second thought until I stumbled on the Covert Forged 2.0 irons last year (quite by accident), and they're not leaving my bag anytime soon. They'd sell a lot more of everything if they were easier to demo and fit.

I think Nike pretty much nailed it with the Nike tour Van experience fittings. It was really cool that they had Trackmans... Just wish I had more time;) more of this in 2016 would be awesome.

Nike Vapor Flex 440 w Fuji Tour spec 63
Nike Vapor Fly 3w
Nike Vapor Flex 3h
Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW w PX LZ 5.5
Nike Engage 52 square and 58DS
Nike Method Origin B2-05
RZN Dot Platinum
[color=#0000ff]IG Gchrist_01[/color]

[quote name='GMoney76' timestamp='1440090186' post='12176964']
I think Nike pretty much nailed it with the Nike tour Van experience fittings. It was really cool that they had Trackmans... Just wish I had more time;) more of this in 2016 would be awesome.
[/quote]
With the hopes of them doing this next year, I'm already trying to get on the list.

[quote name='doctorbloor' timestamp='1440081407' post='12175874'][quote name='PapaMike25' timestamp='1440078028' post='12175546']

[/quote]

[/quote]

The absence of fitting carts in places like Golfsmith and the Worldwide Golf Shops in my area mystifies me, as Nike has the financial muscle to buy as much of a presence as they would like in any store on the planet. I'm a traditional-leaning mid-fifties guy who never gave them a second thought until I stumbled on the Covert Forged 2.0 irons last year (quite by accident), and they're not leaving my bag anytime soon. They'd sell a lot more of everything if they were easier to demo and fit.[/quote]

I had always been a Nike loyalist in training gear and Football before picking up golf, so it was a natural progression for me, but still think they could sell so much more if it were just to the available to the masses.

I know for a fact they would sell at least one 006 if I could get the length to 32.5" and a head weight in the 365 range. Just sayin. ;)

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1440091492' post='12177108'][quote name='GMoney76' timestamp='1440090186' post='12176964']
[/quote]
With the hopes of them doing this next year, I'm already trying to get on the list.[/quote]i thought I heard something about Carly personally doing all fittings In Georgia next year, I could be mistaken.

Nike Vapor Flex 440 w Fuji Tour spec 63
Nike Vapor Fly 3w
Nike Vapor Flex 3h
Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW w PX LZ 5.5
Nike Engage 52 square and 58DS
Nike Method Origin B2-05
RZN Dot Platinum
[color=#0000ff]IG Gchrist_01[/color]

[quote name='GMoney76' timestamp='1440093685' post='12177376']
[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1440091492' post='12177108'][quote name='GMoney76' timestamp='1440090186' post='12176964']
[/quote]
With the hopes of them doing this next year, I'm already trying to get on the list.[/quote]i thought I heard something about Carly personally doing all fittings In Georgia next year, I could be mistaken.
[/quote]
I'd have to book multiple fitting times during the day.

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1440100239' post='12178142']
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I would move to Georgia if that were the case!

On a side note, I would love to get a full tour style fitting from Nike. I'd buy the stuff, just want the chance to get fit up properly. I think this is the only thing missing right now for Nike. Love Nike gear, just can't get out there and test everything.

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

[quote name='prhiam' timestamp='1440103948' post='12178538']
[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1440100239' post='12178142']
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I would move to Georgia if that were the case!

On a side note, I would love to get a full tour style fitting from Nike. I'd buy the stuff, just want the chance to get fit up properly. I think this is the only thing missing right now for Nike. Love Nike gear, just can't get out there and test everything.
[/quote]

I agree. Would absolutely LOVE the ability to get fit head-to-toe by a Nike fitter. To be able to optimize everything would be killer.

Nike if you're paying attention, hook a loyal customer up!! :smilie_nike:

Titleist TSi3 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Red 6S
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S
TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
TaylorMade RSI 3 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54* SB - KBS C Taper S
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS C Taper S
Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1 or Futura 5W w/ custom flow neck
TaylorMade TP5x 

I would love to see Nike make a top notch fitting included in an iron purchase, not just for my selfish monetary reasons but bc I think it would be a great selling point that I feel would generate a ton of business...

Think about it like a back up camera in a car...it started out as a high end car option then everyone started offering it as an expensive option, but next thing you know companies like Honda started offering standard in all models, they saw a big lift in sales (or at least kept churning out good sales rather than dipping) and now people go shopping for cars expecting it to have a back up camera or they'll go somewhere else. But cars that have great standard features like that see a lot of repeat buyers

Iron purchases for the majority of consumers are probably looked at in a similar investment, albeit smaller monetarily. Sure there will be some people in a different car every year or less, but most will be set for 3-5 years. If Nike can offer that industry changing feature, a tour level fitting, I feel like they will see a lift in sales in the short term as well as develop some brand loyalty that can pay off big time every 3-5 years

(Side note: I feel like Mizuno offering free shaft upgrades on iron purchases could fall into a similar "industry changing feature" category,I just don't know how it has impacted sales so I didn't want to fully point to it until the numbers are there to back it up, but I know I put the MP 25 on the list to test for that reason, so I feel like it could be working)

Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3w: 915 F 15*
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Mid TP 16*
Irons: 3-PW Titleist DCI 822 OS
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52 & 56
Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo7

[quote name='doctorbloor' timestamp='1440081407' post='12175874'][quote name='PapaMike25' timestamp='1440078028' post='12175546']

[/quote]

[/quote]

The absence of fitting carts in places like Golfsmith and the Worldwide Golf Shops in my area mystifies me, as Nike has the financial muscle to buy as much of a presence as they would like in any store on the planet. I'm a traditional-leaning mid-fifties guy who never gave them a second thought until I stumbled on the Covert Forged 2.0 irons last year (quite by accident), and they're not leaving my bag anytime soon. They'd sell a lot more of everything if they were easier to demo and fit.[/quote]

I'm mystified as well. My local Golfsmith is one of the top sellers in the country and they have hardly anything Nike in terms of clubs. They have no putters, no wedges, only the vapor speed irons and that's it. I can't try the wedges out or anything. My local Golf Galaxy is slightly better having the rare wedge but it's really bleak. I mean I know you don't want to get carried away like taylormade did by flooding the market but how can people buy your stuff without seeing it?

I'm one of those people who like what they said about their technology and bought stuff from their site or on eBay to try. If I needed a different shaft I would sell on eBay until i could find the set I wanted. I would've saved time and money if the availability were better.

[quote name='caddyshackgolf18' timestamp='1440121341' post='12180250']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm mystified as well. My local Golfsmith is one of the top sellers in the country and they have hardly anything Nike in terms of clubs. They have no putters, no wedges, only the vapor speed irons and that's it. I can't try the wedges out or anything. My local Golf Galaxy is slightly better having the rare wedge but it's really bleak. I mean I know you don't want to get carried away like taylormade did by flooding the market but how can people buy your stuff without seeing it?

I'm one of those people who like what they said about their technology and bought stuff from their site or on eBay to try. If I needed a different shaft I would sell on eBay until i could find the set I wanted. I would've saved time and money if the availability were better.
[/quote]

Flooding the market with a different driver every 3 months and two entire lines of irons in the same season is stupid, but making your product available for testing is another thing entirely. Golfsmith, Edwin Watts, etc should have a demo set of whatever they are pushing for the year, that way any number of people can try! I had to demo and get fit for my VPC's on a business trip in November because there is still not a single Nike iron set within 6 hours of me. :/

Let me pile on here about the fitting experience. I took me three re shafts (lot of $$$) to get my covert forged right. Would have loved to get fit into the recoils that I settled on but they weren't available. Even when they are Nike custom takes forever!

On top of that their shaft selection gets pretty pricey. It's hard to not want a Mizuno set when they are top notch and offer a huge range of shafts at no up charge.

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1440123259' post='12180442']Let me pile on here about the fitting experience. I took me three re shafts (lot of $$$) to get my covert forged right. Would have loved to get fit into the recoils that I settled on but they weren't available. Even when they are Nike custom takes forever!

On top of that their shaft selection gets pretty pricey. It's hard to not want a Mizuno set when they are top notch and offer a huge range of shafts at no up charge.[/quote]

Very true. We b**** because we care!

[quote name='caddyshackgolf18' timestamp='1440123821' post='12180490']
[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1440123259' post='12180442']Let me pile on here about the fitting experience. I took me three re shafts (lot of $$$) to get my covert forged right. Would have loved to get fit into the recoils that I settled on but they weren't available. Even when they are Nike custom takes forever!

On top of that their shaft selection gets pretty pricey. It's hard to not want a Mizuno set when they are top notch and offer a huge range of shafts at no up charge.[/quote]

Very true. We b**** because we care!
[/quote]

THIS!

This is kind of jumping on what others have said, it seems like every golf store i walk into i see a huge display of Nike apparel right when i walk in the door. Their area is usually twice the size of anyone else. Then you go looking for clubs and its miniscule. The closest Dicks and Golf Galaxy to me never even got the Flex this year. And neither one had a single putter nor wedges. How is that possible? Im a Nike diehard. I only play Nike. I only wear Nike. Everything i have is Nike. It drives me nuts when i walk in to a store and cant try out or buy anything. And then you throw in the bum whos usually behind the desk saying "you dont want Nike, their stuff is no good. Here try this TM." Drives me bonkers. Sorry for the rant. Cant wait for 2016!

Couldn't agree more.. Nike needs more product in golf shops. The only shop I've seen the engage wedges in was my local TGW. Never once have I seen an 001 or any methods for that matter. #DontSleepOnGolfShops

Taylormade M4 10.5* Tour AD Di 6s
Titleist 915f 15* Diamana Blue board
Taylormade P790 3 iron
Mizuno 919 Tour 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 X
Taylormade Hi Toe- 52, 56, 60
Taylormade Spider X Navy
Taylormade TP5x

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1440123259' post='12180442']
Let me pile on here about the fitting experience. I took me three re shafts (lot of $$$) to get my covert forged right. Would have loved to get fit into the recoils that I settled on but they weren't available. Even when they are Nike custom takes forever!

On top of that their shaft selection gets pretty pricey. It's hard to not want a Mizuno set when they are top notch and offer a huge range of shafts at no up charge.
[/quote]

I was getting fitted for both Vapor Speed irons and Mizuno JPX-850. Yardages are pretty much the same with the TT XP105 shaft, but I ended up with the JPX850 because of the no upcharge on the C-Taper Lite that I really liked.

[quote name='zonacats23' timestamp='1440124771' post='12180588']. [i][b]And then you throw in the bum whos usually behind the desk saying "you dont want Nike, their stuff is no good. Here try this TM."[/b][/i] Drives me bonkers. Sorry for the rant. Cant wait for 2016!
[/quote]

This is pretty much 98% of PGA Pros LoL. And it's funny how they try to justify that Nike products "don't sell".

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1440091492' post='12177108']
[quote name='GMoney76' timestamp='1440090186' post='12176964']
[/quote]
With the hopes of them doing this next year, I'm already trying to get on the list.
[/quote]
How do you do that?

Taylormade Sim 2 Graphite design AD GP 6
Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7
Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
Titleist SM7 Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron T22 fastback Murdered out

IG _Flagrant