2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

APPLY: TaylorMade PSi Iron Testing! 5 Testers wanted. Apply here!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What’s in your current bag? Ping i25 irons 4-w stiff cfs shaft, 52,56,60 gorge wedges zz65 shafts, m1 10.5 kuro kage, g25 3 wood, ping g20 3h
What is your current handicap? 11
Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? San Antonio, Texas
What irons are you playing now? Ping i25
When were you last fit for irons? Feb 2014
If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. Yes
Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: TaylorMade PSi (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)
You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock
TaylorMade PSi (Right)
4-pw
Loft: standard
Lie: 2.0 flat
Length: -.50
KBS C-Taper lite stuff
Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons Do some range testing to get a feel for them side by side with my current irons. See how the flight and feel compares at the range. Take them to the course and play 2 shots on iron shots to see how they compare alternating hitting order of brands to compare actual on course play.(Only on slow course play day) Play a full round with them only and see how average scoring compares.

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag?
[list]
[*]Titleist 910 D-3 9.5*
[*]Nike VR Pro - 3wd / 5wd
[*]Mizuno MP-52s (4i thru Pw)
[*]Srixon 504 Gap/Sand Wedge
[*]NeverCompromise Putter
[/list][*]What is your current handicap? 7.5
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Atlanta, Ga Area (Stockbridge, Ga)
[*]What irons are you playing now? Mizunos MP-52s
[*]When were you last fit for irons? 2.5yrs Ago
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.
[list]
[*]YES !!!
[/list][*]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url] (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)
[list]
[*]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock
[*][b]4-PW RH, Standared Loft / Lie, DynamicGold S300 [/b]
[/list][*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons
[list]
[*]My primary testing will be 200yds in (seeing that the PSi are 0.5* Stronger than my MP-52's)
[*]I will compare each iron from 5yds increments (based on carry / ball height / roll-out)
[*]Next, I definitely pay close attention to the feel / feedback of the PSi's as compared to my current MP-52's
[*]Seeing that I play out of Eagles Landing CC - the Long Par 4's should be reachable with the PSi's if they're that much more forgiving and the stronger loft
[/list]
[/list]

Thx - I'm looking forward to testing the PSi's on a Championship Course.

MLamar

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? Taylormade R15 Driver, Taylormade Aeroburner 3HL Wood, Adams DHY 21* & 24* Hybrids, Titleist 716CB or Ping S55 Irons, Vokey Wedges, Cameron 009 Putter
[*]What is your current handicap? 3.0
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Port Angeles, WA
[*]What irons are you playing now? Titleist 716CB or Ping S55
[*]When were you last fit for irons? September 2015
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. Yes
[*]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url] (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour) Lie Angle: 1 degree up, Length: Standard, Shaft: stock or C-Taper Lite Stiff
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade Psi Irons. I would test the irons on the range and on multiple courses against my current irons and past experience of owning lots of irons to compare for look, feel, distances, and overall performance. I would play side by side from the course with my current sets during practice rounds and compare the results on a shot by shot basis.
[/list]

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag?[b] Callaway 2014 Big Bertha D, 3W, 5W; Callaway X2 Hot 4H; Callaway X2 Hot 5-PW (KBS V Tour); Callaway MD2 50/54/58; Morgan DH89[/b]
[*]What is your current handicap? [b]18[/b]
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? [b]Chantilly, VA[/b]
[*]What irons are you playing now?[b] Callaway X2 Hot[/b]
[*]When were you last fit for irons? [b]March 2015[/b]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.[b] Absolutely![/b]
[/list]
SET
Model: PSi
Hand: Right
Head Loft: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW

CUSTOM OPTIONS
Lie Adjustment: 1.0 Deg Flat
Loft Adjustment: Standard

SHAFT
Shaft Material: Steel
Manufacturer: KBS
Model: C-Taper 105
Flex: S
Tipping Adjustment: Standard
Length: -0.50"
Shaft Length: 36.75

GRIP
Manufacturer: GolfPride
Model: New Decade Red-Black
Extra Wrap: Standard
Logo: Down

[list]
[*][b]What’s in your current bag?[/b]
[/list]
[b]​[/b]Cobra Bio Cell+ irons, Bio Cell+ 3 wood, Callaway Big Bertha Alpha driver[list]
[*][b]What is your current handicap?[/b]
[/list]
[b]​[/b]8[list]
[*][b]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?[/b]
[/list]
Lancaster, Pennsylvania[list]
[*][b]What irons are you playing now?[/b]
[/list]
[b]​[/b]Cobra Bio Cell+ 6-P, Bio Cell 4 and 5[list]
[*][b]When were you last fit for irons?[/b]
[*][b]​[/b]2 years ago
[*][b]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.[/b]
[/list]
[b]​[/b]Of course. I would review after long range sessions, rounds of play, and results from lessons.[list]
[*][b]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url] (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)[/b]
[list]
[*][b]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock[/b]
[/list]
[/list]
Standard length and lie. Right handed. C-Taper lite Stiff. 1/4" long.[list]
[*][b]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons[/b]
[/list]
The same way I work in new irons whenever I get them. The first week is on the range and course with both my current set and the new set so I can compare distances and forgiveness. During this time I'm trying anything standard. No pushing to hit different shots while I'm adjusting. Then I take my old ones out, and spend about a week on the range judging feel, forgiveness, work-ability. Then after that it's onto the course full bore. I'm hitting full shots, 3/4 shots, and various other shots that come up in a round. I would even in the early testing take out irons by other OEM's to compare and contrast against what else is out there and available.

WITB 2015:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, -1 D setting, Speeder 565 S
3WD: Cobra Biocell+ 12.5 degrees, Matrix Black tie
2HY: Cobra Biocell, 16.5D setting, Stock shaft
4/5i: Cobra Biocell, True Temper s+ shaft
6-PW: Biocell+, Dynamic Gold S200
50 Vokey
56 Vokey
Odessey MetalX Milled #2

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? [b]M1 10.5*, 915 3w, 910 21*, Apex CF16 4-PW, Vokey 52,56,60 XG#7[/b]
[*]What is your current handicap? [b]4[/b]
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? [b]Cheraw SC[/b]
[*]What irons are you playing now? [b]Apex CF16 4-PW[/b]
[*]When were you last fit for irons? [b]Nov 06/15[/b]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.[b] Yes, it will be interesting to put these head to head with my recently acquired Apex's and report back on my findings including pics/video.[/b]
[*]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url] (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)
[list]
[*]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock. [b]All standard with XP95 S[/b]
[/list][*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons. [b]Comparisons would be made via range sessions and lots on course play. The PSI and Apex CF16 are in the same iron category; so this would be a very good test and they would also have the same shafts so it would be a even match up to see who comes out on top[/b].
[/list]

Callaway Sub Zero, Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Ping SF Tech 16*
Titleist 816H1 21*
Titleist 913H 24*
Callaway Razr MB 5-PW
Vokey SM7 52*, 56*, 60*
Spider X Copper

What’s in your current bag? Mizuno MP30 irons w/ Project X 6.0. Adams Super S driver. Mashie 4H. SM4 wedges.

What is your current handicap? 5.2

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Commerce, GA 30529

What irons are you playing now? Mizuno MP30s.

When were you last fit for irons? I was fit for Loft/lie on the Mizunos this time last year.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread?  We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. Yes!!

Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: TaylorMade PSi (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour) 1/2 inch shorter than standard length and 2* upright.

You can choose any no-upcharge shafts.  Grips/wraps will be stock. KBS C-Taper stiff.

Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons

Almost all on course experience with a little range time. Honestly with how slow it's been as it cools down a little (can still play all year) I could just go out by myself and play 2 balls off every iron shot and see which iron I score better with and I could also get an idea of how great the forgiveness is if my swings off and I still go lower with the PSI.

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1444849683' post='12456140']
[attachment=2992822:TESTING_tmpsi.jpg]

[b]SELECTION PROCESS:[/b]
TaylorMade and GolfWRX will evaluate the applications and select 5 testers after the application thread is closed. [color=#ff0000][size=5][b]This will go quickly so apply below now![/b][/size][/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1446853165' post='12563532']
[color=#ff0000][b][size=5]Just letting you guys know we're going to be announcing things next week. Meetings at TM have backed us up a little.[/size][/b][/color]
[/quote]

When do I get my set?;) I'm getting anxious...

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? G30 10.5, G25 4-GW, Glide Wedges
[*]What is your current handicap? 9.8
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Tempe,Az
[*]What irons are you playing now? G25
[*]When were you last fit for irons? 1.5 years ago
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. Yes
[*]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url] (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour) 1.5*upright
[list]
[*]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock Nippon 950 s
[/list][*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons. On course comparison, year round golf.
[/list]

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag?
[*][color=#ff0000]Driver: Ping G30 9.6 loft, stiff Ping Tour shaft[/color]
[*][color=#ff0000]Ping G30 3 wood, stiff Ping shaft[/color]
[*][color=#ff0000]Ping G30 19 degree Hybrid, stiff Ping shaft[/color]
[*][color=#ff0000]Ping S55 Irons, 4-PW, stiff Dynamic Gold shafts[/color]
[*][color=#ff0000]Titleist Vokey Wedges (50, 54, 58), stiff SPinner shafts[/color]
[*][color=#ff0000]Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter[/color]
[*]What is your current handicap?
[*][color=#ff0000]7[/color]
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?
[*][color=#ff0000]Stillwater, Minnesota[/color]
[*]What irons are you playing now?
[*][color=#ff0000]Ping S55's : 4-PW, Stiff Dynamic Gold Shafts, Standard Length, 1.5 upright, Stnadard lofts[/color]
[*]When were you last fit for irons?
[*][color=#ff0000]A year ago by my local PGA Professional[/color]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.
[*][color=#ff0000]Yes, I have no issues participating in the review thread[/color]
[*]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url] (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)
[list]
[*][color=#ff0000]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock[/color]
[*][color=#ff0000]Standard length[/color]
[*][color=#ff0000]Standard Lofts[/color]
[*][color=#ff0000]1.5 upright[/color]
[*][color=#ff0000]Standard grip and size[/color]
[*][color=#ff0000]4-PW[/color]
[*][color=#ff0000]Dynamic Gold S300 shafts[/color]
[/list][*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons
[*][color=#ff0000]I would start on the range hitting differnt shots and seeing how they compare to my current irons. From there I would put them in play, I play 3-4 times a week at different courses in the area as well as local events. I would like to see how they perform and how consistent they are.[/color]
[/list]

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? Tour Edge XCG7driver, Callaway RFE 4 wood, Cobra baffler hybrid, Snake Eyes 600 c irons, Callaway X wedges 54 & 60 and Seemore putter
[*]What is your current handicap? 8
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Brookfield, IL
[*]What irons are you playing now? Snake Eyes 600c
[*]When were you last fit for irons? 12 years ago
[list]
[*]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock
[/list][*][color=#FFFFFF][size=3][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)][size=4]Lie Adjustment:[/size] [color=#FFCB05][size=4]2.0 Deg Flat[/size][/color][/background][/size][/color][color=#FFFFFF][size=4][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)]Loft Adjustment:[/background][/size][/color][color=#FFFFFF][size=3][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)] [/background][/size][/color][color=#FFCB05][size=4][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)]Standard[/background][/size][/color]
[*][color=#FFFFFF][size=3][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)][size=4]Shaft Material:[/size] [color=#FFCB05][size=4]Steel[/size][/color][/background][/size][/color]
[background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)][color=#FFFFFF][size=4]Manufacturer:[/size][/color][color="#ffffff"][size=3] [/size][/color][color="#ffcb05"]KBS[/color][/background]
[color=#FFFFFF][size=3][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)][size=4]Model:[/size] [color=#FFCB05][size=4]C Taper 105[/size][/color][/background][/size][/color]
[background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)][color=#FFFFFF][size=4]Flex:[/size][/color][color="#ffffff"][size=3] [/size][/color][color="#ffcb05"]Stiff[/color][/background]
[color=#FFFFFF][size=3][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)][size=4]Tipping Adjustment:[/size] [color=#FFCB05][size=4]Standard[/size][/color][/background][/size][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][size=3][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)][size=4]Length:[/size] [color=#FFCB05][size=4]-0.50"[/size][/color][/background][/size][/color][color=#FFFFFF][size=4][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)]Shaft Length:[/background][/size][/color][color=#FFFFFF][size=3][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)] [/background][/size][/color][color=#FFCB05][size=4][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)]36.75[/background][/size][/color]
[*][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)][color=#FFFFFF][size=4]Manufacturer:[/size][/color][color="#ffffff"][size=3] [/size][/color][color="#ffcb05"]Lamkin[/color][/background]
[background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)][color=#FFFFFF][size=4]Model:[/size][/color][color="#ffffff"][size=3] [/size][/color][color="#ffcb05"]TM UTX[/color][/background]
[color=#FFFFFF][size=3][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)][size=4]Extra Wrap:[/size] [color=#FFCB05][size=4]4 Wraps[/size][/color][/background][/size][/color][color=#FFFFFF][size=4][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)]Logo:[/background][/size][/color][color=#FFFFFF][size=3][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)] [/background][/size][/color][color=#FFCB05][size=4][background=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)]Up[/background][/size][/color]
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons
[/list]
I would compare my current irons with the Psi irons on the range and on the course. I would hit multiple shots with each iron to check distance differences and accuracy. After the range I would use the new clubs on the course for few rounds and check my numbers against my old clubs.