2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

APPLY: TaylorMade PSi Iron Testing! 5 Testers wanted. Apply here!

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? Callaway BB 816 DBD - Aldila Rogue Stiff Shaft, Ping i25 3/5 Woods, Nike VrII ProCombo 3-PW- DGS300, Callaway Mack Daddy 3 50, 54, 58, Bettinardi BBI 36" Putter
[*]What is your current handicap? 3
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Manhattan, KS
[*]What irons are you playing now? Nike VRll ProCombo 3-PW
[*]When were you last fit for irons? 1 Year Ago
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. - Yes to all of the above
[*]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url] (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)
[list]
[*]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock- Dynamic Gold T Stiff Flex
[/list]
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons-
[*]The first step would be a review of looks at address and an overall impression. From there, I would hit the range and test the 4 irons, 7 iron and 9 iron for feel, workability, forgiveness and overall impression using impact tape to demonstrate (in pictures) where contact was made and how that effected those factors. I would then play a full round from different lies and see how they react with different situations (i.e. rough, fairway, uneven lies, etc.). This would include an evaluation on two different courses, one with bent grass fairways, the other with zoysia fairways to get a better idea of how the bounce and lofts react to different surfaces.
[/list]

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? R15 TP 430 FUJIKURA Pro 73 X 45" GPND
SLDR TS SPEEDER VC7.2 tour spec x-flex 43.5" GPND
SLDR 5 WOOD SPEEDER 8.3 x-Flex 42.5" GPND
SCOTTY NEWPORT 2
[*]What is your current handicap? 0
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Flemington, NJ
[*]What irons are you playing now? TM TP 3-6Iron DGTT TIX100 GPND
TM TP 7-PW MB DGTT TIX100 GPND
TM 52*, 56* xFT DGTT TI S400 GPND
[*]When were you last fit for irons? 2 years ago
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. Yes to all.
[/list]
[color=#000000]

[color=#797E80][size=3]Model:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]PSi[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Hand:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]RH[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Gender:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]M[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Shaft Material:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]ST[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Loft:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]3[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Loft:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]4[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Loft:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]5[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Loft:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]6[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Loft:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]7[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Loft:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]8[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Loft:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]9[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Loft:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]PW[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Lie Adjustment:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]1.0 Deg Flat[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Loft Adjustment:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]1.0 Deg Weak[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Shaft Vendor:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]KBS[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Shaft Model:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]Tour T[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Shaft Flex:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]X[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Tipping Adjustment:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]Standard[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Length Adjustment:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]Standard[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Grip Vendor:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]Lamkin[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Grip Model:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]TM UTX[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Grip Wraps:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]Standard[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Grip Logo:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]Up[/size][/color]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Loft:[/size][/color] [color=#191919][size=3]3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW[/size][/color][/color][color=#000000]
[color=#797E80][size=3]Availability Date:[/size][/color] [size=3]11/06/2015[/size][/color][color=#000000]
[size=3]Range and on the course. [/size][/color]
[color=#000000]
[size=3]Wk[/size][/color]

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

Current Handicap 0.0 (Just passed my PGA PAT.)

Current Bag:
TM R-15 Driver X Stiff
TM Mini Driver 12 deg. X Stiff
TM Aeroburner 3HL X Stiff
TM UDI 16 degree stiff

Ping G30 19 deg hybrid
Ping S55 stiff 4-pw
Ping Glide 52, 56
Ping Gorge 60

Odyssey V Line Tank Putter

(I switch clubs in and out depending on the course, hence 16 clubs)

I was fit for irons a year ago.

I agree to everything. I love my Taylormade clubs. The Mini Driver is probably my favorite club that I have ever owned. I was thinking of going to TP Musclebacks or PSI tours for next season.

I would love to do a write up on the PSI Tour. I am a fine writer. I have a bachelor's degree in History.

Quality pictures are no problem. I can even make a high quality video if desired.

Specs: 4-PW X stiff shafts and 2 degree stronger lofts as I am a high ball hitter.

What’s in your current bag?
Nike TW Vapor Speed
Adams 19* 4555
Adams A4 22* hybrid
Adams XTD forged 5-PW, aldila SLT
Renegar 50, 54 c-taper R
PM grind 58*, c-taper R

What is your current handicap?

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?
Brooklyn, NY

What irons are you playing now?
XTD forged

When were you last fit for irons?
It's been years...but I've tried plenty and have a good sense of my fit from years working in golf retail

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread?
YES

Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: TaylorMade PSi (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)
You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock
C-taper lite stiff. Std L/L/L. 4-PW

Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons

Cold season about to hit up here but plenty of time at Chelsea piers, a sim session or two and then at least one trip to FL to give them a real go. I'll be in Hawaii for my honeymoon dec 19 so maybe I'll fly them out for a round using one of those club shipping services.

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag?
[/list]
In my current bag are the TaylorMade R1 Driver, Burner Superfast 2.0 3 Wood, 2009 Rescue 3 Hybrid, 4-Pw Rocketbladez Tour Irons, 52, 56, and 60 Tour Preferred EF Wedges and my putter is a Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Del Mar 3.5[list]
[*]What is your current handicap?
[/list]
My current handicap is 9.9[list]
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?
[/list]
I am located in Lincoln, Nebraska[list]
[*]What irons are you playing now?
[/list]
I am currently playing the Rocketbladez Tour irons in a 4-Pw, but have gone back and forth between the matching 3 iron and the 2009 3 hybrid[list]
[*]When were you last fit for irons?
[/list]
I was last fit for irons over the summer[list]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.
[/list]
I do agree to participate and will be able to provide quality hi-res photos and an overall review of the clubs[list]
[*]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url]
[/list]
I would have a set make-up of 3-Pw, with no loft adjustment, bent 0.5 degrees flat, standard length with the KBS Tour Stiff Iron shafts[list]
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons
[/list]
I would test the PSi irons for a little while on the range with my Ernest Sports ES12 launch monitor in order to get a feel for the distance the clubs go as well as get a sense for the feel before heading out on the course. I would try and hit a few different shapes of shots and compare them to the Rocketbladez Tours currently in the bag. I would then record my initial reaction to the irons. Then I'd play a few rounds hitting the PSi irons from everywhere and occasionally playing a second ball with the Rocketbladez Tour irons to compare how the two irons compare on the course. I would record my secondary reaction to the irons. I'd then play a few more rounds with just the PSi irons in the bag and continue to try and hit all kinds of different shots from all kinds of lies and from everywhere on the course. I would then record my overall review of the irons. I believe that the PSi irons can provide the forgiveness that I need on my mishits while still having very pleasing looks. I believe the PSi irons could be what I need in order to play my best golf.

Additionally I would like to thank you for the opportunity to participate in this review.

[b]What’s in your current bag?[/b]
Titleist 915D3 8.5*, Diamana Ahina 72X
Titleist 915F 15*, Rogue Black 80X
Titleist 915F 18*, Epic T90X
Titleist 712MB 3-PW, Dynamic Gold X100
Vokey TVD SM5 54K, 60M, Dynamic Gold S400
Acushnet Bullseye Flange

[b]What is your current handicap?[/b]

[b]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?[/b]
Atlanta, GA

[b]What irons are you playing now?[/b]
Titleist 712MB 3-PW, Dynamic Gold X100

[b]When were you last fit for irons?[/b]
Spring 2014

[b]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.[/b]
Absolutely!

[b]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: TaylorMade PSi (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)[/b]
[b]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock[/b]
3-PW
Lie: Standard
Loft: 2.0 Deg Weak
Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold X100
Length: +0.25"

[b]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons[/b]
Why would a scratch golfer with blades want to try a game-improvement iron? Well, I'm typically only able to play once or twice a month. For the last couple months, I've been able to play multiple times/week (hence my current high level of play), but starting in November, I'll be back to once or twice a month, at which point game improvement irons would certainly be helpful.

A lot of applicants will talk about getting on launch monitors, but comparing the PSi's to my blades with raw numbers isn't pointless. The salient question is: how do they perform? With that in mind, I plan to spend 2 rounds on different courses with accompanying range sessions testing the PSi's head to head with my blades. In other words, I'll be playing a scramble with myself, hitting each shot with both clubs. On-course performance is the best way to determine whether these clubs have a place for golfers who have game but simply cannot play that often.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? Titleist 915D3 9.5, Titleist 915F 15, Titleist 913Hd 18, Taylormade RSi TP 3-PW, Vokey 56/60
[*]What is your current handicap? 4.5
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Minneapolis, MN
[*]What irons are you playing now? Taylormade RSi TP PX 6.5
[*]When were you last fit for irons? Late 2014
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. Yes, definitely.
[*]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url] (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour) DG T X100, +1/2" length, 1 deg flat
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade Psi Irons. Test both indoors on launch monitor and outdoor as available during the winter (travel, etc.). My plan would do some "range" testing - clubs head to head vs. RSi, then on course testing for workability and scoring.
[/list]

Titleist TSR3 : Ventus TR Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5

[b]Whats in your current bag?[/b]
Taylormade Jetspeed 9.5* w/ stock Matrix Velox T 49 gr stiff flex
Taylormade Jetspeed 15* 3w w/ Matrix Velox T stock 69 gstiff flex
Taylormade Jetspeed 19* Hyb w/ Matrix Velox T stock 75 gr stiff flex
Taylormade Jetspeed 22* Hyb w/ Matrix Velox T stock 75 gr stiff flex
Taylormade Tour Preferred 56* wedge w/ KBS Tour V
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4 - AW w/ TT DG Pro R300
Cleveland Classic 1 putter

[b]What is your current handicap?[/b] 11.8 index

[b]Where are you located?[/b] Spring Hill, FL

[b]What irons are you playing now? [/b] Nike Vapor Pro Comobo

[color=#282828][b]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade [color=#FF2500][background=rgb(255, 251, 1)]PSi[/background][/color] [color=#FF2500][background=rgb(255, 251, 1)]irons[/background][/color] review thread?[/b] [b]We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. [/b] Yes, I agree to participate in an ongoing Tailormade PSI iron review thread, and Hi-res cameras are available for still photos and video. [/color]

[color=#282828][b]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"][color=#0F72DA]TaylorMade Psi[/color][/url][/b][b]: [/b] R/H, 4 - AW. KBS C-Taper 105, regular flex.[color=#232323] Lie 1* flat. Loft 1* weak.[/color]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade [color=red][background=yellow]PSi[/background][/color] IronsPlease explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade [color=red][background=yellow]PSi[/background][/color] Irons[/color]

[b]Please explain how you would approach testing the Tailor-made PSI irons:[/b]
[color=#232323]I'll do at least 3 separate 60 minute range sessions to get acquainted with the clubs before taking them onto the course for testing. I'll test each iron at the range for workability, feel, launch, trajectory, and carry distance, taking notes to document successes and failures. I'll video-tape the last range session to validate progress and to complete a preIiminary assessment of the irons. The next step will be to complete 2 rounds of iron only play in a head to head comparison with my current gamers at my local club. Finally, I'll arrange a session with a local fitter to get ballspeed, launch, spin, distance numbers from the launch monitor, followed by the final review.[/color]

Thanks for the opportunity to apply.

PXG 0311, 9*, Diamana 60 S+ R

PXG 0311 2 Fwy, Diamana 60 S+ R
PXG 0311 19*, UST Recoil 75 Dart F3
PXG 0311P Gen 6, 6-GW, KBS Tour Lite R
Cleveland 52*, 56*, RTX Zipcore Wedges
Cleveland Classic 1 Platinum Black putter

Current bag: M1 driver, SLDR 3 wood, M1 3 Hybrid, 915HD 2 hybrid, AP2 4-PW irons, Vokey 52 and 58 wedges and Scotty Newport putter
Current handicap: 0
Where located: Dallas TX
Irons currently playing: AP2
When were you last fit for irons: Oct. 9th 2015
Do you agree to participate in PSI iron review: YES!!!

PSI irons with KBS 110g shafts

My approach to testing will be two parts. Part 1 will be range time accessing the distance, dispersion and shot shaping ability for the irons. The second part will be on course based on casual rounds with multiple balls and shots played into holes. As well as competitive rounds and the ability to hit the shots when it counts.

TM AB TP 10.5* Driver
TM AB TP 16.5* 3HL
Adams XTD 19* Hybrid
Cobra DWS 23* Hybrid
Bridgestone J15 CB/modus 125S 5-PW
Callaway Xforged MD 52*,56*,60*
TM Spider Si

What is your current handicap? 13
Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Waterford CT
What irons are you playing now? Bridgestone J15 CB
When were you last fit for irons? Never
If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? Yes
We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. Will do.
Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: TaylorMade PSi (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)

Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons.

I would test each individual iron against not only my J15 CBs,but against my MP-53s, and older TM 2011 MCs to see the benefits of the psi irons. I would also take this to the course hitting several balls (one shot per iron set). Then I'd play several rounds just with the psi irons, switch back to my gamers, and see which iron I scored better with.

Lastly, I would post my opinions of the aesthetics of the club, it's performance, and the results against my other sets.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? [b]Taylormade R15 with Diamana S+ shaft; Titleist 913 FD with RIP shaft; Callaway X-Tour Driving Iron 18°; Taylormade RSi TP irons 4-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour shafts; Titleist Vokey Wedges 52, 56, and 60; Daddy Long Legs putter[/b]
[*]What is your current handicap? [b]5.5[/b]
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? [b]Watsontown, PA[/b]
[*]What irons are you playing now? [b]Taylormade RSi TP irons 4-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour shafts[/b]
[*]When were you last fit for irons? [b]Beginning of this season[/b]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. [b]Yes[/b]
[*]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url] (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)
[list]
[*][b]Shaft= Dynamic Gold T S400[/b]
[*][b]Length= +0.5 inches[/b]
[*][b]Lie= 1° upright[/b]
[/list][*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons. My approach is to give everyone a view of the difference between the RSi and the PSi irons. I would test them indoors on a simulator to get a baseline, then take them on course and use them. By playing at my home course, I will be able to compare the results since I am pretty familiar with what irons I use on certain holes. I would also continue to be a presence in the review thread to offer any continued feedback and to answer questions from the forum members.
[/list]

What’s in your current bag? Cobra Fly Z+ Driver, Bio Cell+ 3 wood and Bio Cell Hybrid
What is your current handicap? 0.9
Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? San Diego Ca
What irons are you playing now? Titleist 712 CB with Project X 7.0
When were you last fit for irons? 2012
If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? Yes

[attachment=3015006:image.jpeg]

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? TM R15 with Fujikura Pro 83 stiff, Titleist 3 wood, TM SLDR Hybrid, TM RSI 1 Irons with KBS tour 90 stiff shafts, Vokey SM5 wedges and SC Putter
[*]What is your current handicap? 5.8
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Athens, Ga
[*]What irons are you playing now? TM RSI 1
[*]When were you last fit for irons? March 2015
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. YES
[*]Play in all weather conditions using the same ball to make accurate comparisons, keep detailed records to provide results
[/list]

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag?
[/list]
Callaway X2 Hot irons. Callaway GBB Alpha 815. Callaway Jaws 2 LW. TaylorMade Rbz 3W. TaylorMade 3H. TaylorMade Original Spider putter.[list]
[*]What is your current handicap?
[/list]
5.6.[list]
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?
[/list]
Lakeland, Florida[list]
[*]What irons are you playing now?
[/list]
Callaway X2 Hot.[list]
[*]When were you last fit for irons?
[/list]
2013.[list]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.
[/list]
Yes, absolutely.[list]
[list]
[*]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock
[/list]
[/list]
3 - PW, AW; + 1" and 2 degrees upright in firm.[list]
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons
[/list]
I would start with range sessions. Side-by-side with my current irons. I would be testing distance, consistency, feel, ball flight, and turf interaction. I sweep the ball and thus how the irons go across the turf will have a big effect on results.
After some range sessions they would go into the bag. Time for the real test - in the bag and on the course. I would continue measuring the above but in addition I would be measuring just how confident I feel over the ball, how they performed from hazards and rough, and how much spin I was able to attain using my Pro-V's.
I could then provide a nice side-by-side comparison of total scoring results. I would track GIR's and final scores for at least 5 rounds. All the while I would, on the course and with my Pro-V's, measure distances attained. I have my current irons dialed in regarding distances so it would be easy to compare them.
Of, since a picture is worth 1000 words, I would take some photos as I proceeded and would also try to talk the wife into helping me out with action shots.

Thanks GolfWrx and TaylorMade for this amazing opportunity. They really are beautiful irons and I would love to give them a try.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

[color="#282828"]Cobra bio cell + driver[/color]
[color=#282828]Cobra bio cell + 3wd[/color]
Callaway Xhot 19 hybrid
Cobra Amp cell pro irons 4-pw
Scor wedges 50, 55, 60
Taylormade Monte Carlo ghost tour black putter

[color="#282828"]9[/color]

[color="#282828"]Pittsfield MA[/color]

[color="#282828"]Cobra Amp cell pro 4-pw[/color]

[color=#282828]Spring 2012[/color]
[b]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.[/b]
[color=#282828]Absolutely![/color]

[b]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: TaylorMade PSi (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)[/b]
[b]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock[/b]
[color="#282828"]4-AW[/color]
[color=#282828]Lie: Standard[/color]
[color=#282828]Loft: Standard[/color]
[color=#282828]Shaft: Kuro Kage graphite stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]Length: Standard[/color]

[color="#282828"]Would really like to try something a little more forgiving than the Amp cell pro's. While I don't have access to a launch monitor, I'd really like to see the difference on the range and on course play, and see how the forgiveness will help improve my game. I would also compare them in some golf simulators as it gets colder here in the northeast. [/color]

What’s in your current bag? Titleist 681 4-PW, 3 iron is 712u, SLDR drive, 3 wood, 19 degree hybrid, SM4 54 & 60 tour wedges

What is your current handicap? 0

Where are you located? (Memphis, TN)

What irons are you playing now? Titleist 681's 4-PW, 712u 3 iron

When were you last fit for irons? 4 years ago

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? Absolutely

We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.
Visit here and choose your specs. 3-PW, Standard length, lie, and loft. Standard grip size, TT DG S300 or KBS Tour 120 Stiff

Include them in your post: TaylorMade PSi (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)

An important aspect to testing is applicability of the reader. My setup is very standard and my distance numbers are marginally above average. I have access to Flightscope through a local club builder, so a session comparing 10+ year old blade technology to the new PSi technology would be very interesting to me as well a readers. I would perform a side-by-side comparison of all pertinent numbers (ball speed, spin, AoA, launch angle, trajectory at apex, reproducibility, workability, and subjective comparisons between the classic blade (titleist 681) and the new PSi. If you can convert me, you can convert anyone (I've played blades since I was a junior golfer and I'm 31 now). I will meticulously compare the clubs and post a long write-up with my findings that I believe many WRXers will find beneficial. Please pick me!

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? [b]R1 Driver, Rocketbladez Irons, EF wedges, Odyssey rossie putter[/b]
[*]What is your current handicap? [b]16[/b]
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? [b]Fort Worth, TX[/b]
[*]What irons are you playing now? [b]Nike Pro Combo 3i, TM Rocketbladez 4-PW[/b]
[*]When were you last fit for irons? [b]Never[/b]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. [b]Yes[/b]
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons - [b]I would test them on course and at the range vs my current set up. Range testing would include reviewing ball flight, distance, and look/feel. I would also test on a launch monitor to compare spin, carry, and ball speed vs current setup. On-course testing would include reviewing performance in a variety of settings, including various lies, course conditions and stock distance shots vs current set. [/b][b]Being a high handicapper, playing an iron that offers as many advantages as possible is important to me. Improved distance on off-center hits, and a smaller dispersion is what I'm looking for the most![/b]
[/list]

[list]
[*][b]What’s in your current bag?[/b] Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver & 3W, Nike VRs Forged Irons (X100 shafts), Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges, Nike Method Putter
[*][b]What is your current handicap?[/b] 16-18
[*][b]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?[/b] Raleigh, NC
[*][b]What irons are you playing now? [/b]Nike VRs Forged 4-PW
[*][b]When were you last fit for irons?[/b] About a year ago
[*][b]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread?[/b] [b]We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.[/b] Absolutely, and as a photograph enthusiast, I can guarentee sharp, properly exposed and processed images.
[*][b]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url] Lie Angle:[/b] Specs: Mens RH, 2* degree flat, Standard length (38" 5 iron), Nippon Modus 3 130 shafts (Stiff, hardstepped 1X), Pure Grips Midsize
[*][b]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade Psi Irons.[/b] I would extensively test the irons side-by-side with my current irons on the range and on the course to get fair, unbiased comparisons on looks, feel, distances, forgiveness and overall performance. I'd also go to my local golf store and get on the launch monitor to get more specific metrics for those who'd appreciate the numbers.
[/list]

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

TaylorMade M1 430 (Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60X)
TaylorMade AeroBurner TP 15 (Kai'li 70s)
TaylorMade UDI 2
TaylorMade RSi TP 3-PW (KBS Tour - 120g S)
TaylorMade ATV Proto 54 (KBS 610 - 120g S)
TaylorMade EF Wedge 60 (KBS 610 - 120g S)
TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy (Jason Day proto)
TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

+2.0

Minneapolis, MN

TaylorMade RSi TP 3-PW

May 2013 at The Kingdom

Yes

Primary testing will be launch monitor based (Flightscope at a local club builder) due to seasonal concerns in MN. Focus would be performance differences (distance, dispersion, trajectory, spin) between PSi and current irons for center strikes and mis-hits. Misses will be intentional heel and toe misses to test the face slots, and low on the face strikes to test the speed slot on the sole.
If time allows, on course testing will be done to evaluate turf interaction.

[attachment=3018580:PSi-jll62-specs.jpg]

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag?[color=#FF0000] Titleist 915 D2, Titleist 915F 15*, Titleist 915F 18*, Adams Red 23*, Srixon Z545 5-6, Srixon Z745 7-PW, Fourteen RM-12 52*, 56*, and 60*, Scotty Cameron Del Mar[/color]
[*]What is your current handicap? [color=#FF0000]15[/color]
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? [color=#FF0000]San Francisco, CA[/color]
[*]What irons are you playing now? [color=#FF0000]Srixon Z545 & Z745[/color]
[*]When were you last fit for irons? [color=#FF0000]2014[/color]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. [color=#FF0000]Yes[/color]
[list]
[*]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock
[*][color=#FF0000]TaylorMade PSi (Right)[/color]
[*][color=#FF0000]4-AW[/color]
[*][color=#FF0000]Loft and Light: Standard[/color]
[*][color=#FF0000]KBS Tour V Stiff[/color]
[/list]
[*][color="#282828"]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons [/color][color="#ff0000"]First, I would take them to the range for a few sessions (both outdoor and indoor) to assess distance, feel, flight, forgiveness, and dispersion. I would then hit them side by side and compare them with my current set of irons and another set of irons (Fourteen Golf TC 530). The indoor range sessions will also include a launch monitor to be able to provide some real data. I would then take them to my home course and play for several rounds in different weather conditions, side by side with my irons to compare results. Finally, I will play several rounds in difference conditions with the PSi irons only to determine if there is any impact on my score to conclude the testing.[/color]
[/list]

[b]What’s in your current bag?[/b] 910 D3 - V-Steel 15* - SLDR 17* and 19* hybrids - J15 CB's 4-PW - SM5 52* and 58* wedges - Taylormade Ghost Tour Black putter

[b]What is your current handicap?[/b] 10.5

[b]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?[/b] Houston, TX

[b]What irons are you playing now?[/b] Bridgestone J15 CB's 4-PW

[b]When were you last fit for irons?[/b] 2011!

[b]Specs: [/b]3-PW | 1/2" long | 1* upright | KBS C-Taper Tour Stiff

I can absolutely provide hi-res photos with my Nikon D7000 as well as a review of the clubs. I'll hit the irons on the course and on Trackman against my current irons (J15 CB irons) as well as a few other sets of irons that I have in the garage (MP-25's, AP2's) and see how they stack up. I'd compare launch monitor data as well as on course data between each set of irons. Because I live in the greater Houston area, I have access to multiple facilities that use Trackman for club fittings and would be more than willing to take some time to get the most accurate results possible for my review.

We'll talk distance, forgiveness, launch, feel, etc. My review would encompass everything that a WRX'r would want to see in a quality club review!

Thanks for the opportunity, WRX!

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? [b]TaylorMade RSi 1 irons - 5-PW (KBS Tour stiff shafts, +2 upright, std lofts, midsize grips, left-handed), Big Bertha Alpha 9.5 driver (set +2, draw), Big Bertha 3W (15 degree), Big Bertha 5W (18 degree), Great Big Bertha 4H (22 degree), Vokey SM5 wedges (50/12 F grind, 54/10 M grind, 58/11 K grind), Scotty Cameron Del Mar 2013 putter[/b]
[*]What is your current handicap? [b]16.3[/b]
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? [b]Germantown, MD[/b]
[*]What irons are you playing now? [b]Same as above - TaylorMade RSi 1[/b]
[*]When were you last fit for irons? [b] December 2014 when I bought the set[/b]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. [b]YES[/b]
[list]
[*]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock [b]KBS C-Taper 105, +2 up, std loft, steel/stiff flex[/b]
[/list][*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons [b]I'm a regular golfer (2 rounds/week) and like to play a variety of courses. Luckily for me in this area I can play a links-style course, one with lush, soft fairways and others with tight lies but challenging greens (Dye courses for example). I'd like to test these clubs against all layouts, playing bump-and-run, flops, bunker shots and of course long forced carries to see how each shot plays out with the tester set. I think the perspective of the average duffer would be interesting to see if I can still get everything out of a set geared towards the more advanced golfer. [/b]
[/list]

Titleist TSR2 10* Tensei AV X-Link Blue 55 R-Flex 

Titleist TSR2 3W (15*) / 5W (18*) Tensei AV X-Link Blue 65 R-Flex

Titleist TSR2 4H (21*)/ 5H (24*) Tensei AV Blue 65 R-Flex

Titleist TS200 3G 6-PW Tensei AV Red AM2 R-Flex  

Titleist Vokey SM8 50/8 F-grind, 54/10 S-grind, 58/14 K-grind N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour125 S-Flex

Kirkland KS1 Putter w/ 20G weights and 50g counterweight

Titleist 913D3 9.5 Aldila Rogue 70X
Titleist 910Fd 15 UST VTS 8SX
Cobra Baffler Rail 17 X100
Titleist AP2 712 KBS CTaper 130X
Vokey 52.56,60
Odyssey White Hot 2

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?
Greenville, SC
Titleist AP2 712
August 2012
If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.
YES!
KBS C Taper X Flex 1 degree flat standard length

I would hit balls on the range with the irons and play them in rounds each week to see how they performed

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 8.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ 7X

Titleist TSi3 15 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 75X   

Callaway Apex UW 19 Project X HZRDUS RDX 80 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Project X LS 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM9 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 60.04T True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport+

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag?[/color]
[color="#282828"]Callaway Great Big Bertha Kuro Kage Stiff / Graphite Design Tour AD MT[/color]
[color=#282828]Ping G30 3W[/color]
[color=#282828]TEE Hybrids 19*/22*[/color]
[color=#282828]Callaway Apex Pro Irons, Nippon shafts[/color]
[color=#282828]Callaway Wedges 50*,54*,58*[/color]
[color=#282828]Scotty Cameron GoLo Counterbalanced[/color]

[color=#282828]What is your current handicap?[/color]
[color="#282828"]3.5[/color]
[color=#282828]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?[/color]
[color=#282828]Mission Viejo, CA[/color]
[color=#282828]What irons are you playing now?[/color]
[color=#282828]Callaway Apex Pro[/color]
[color=#282828]When were you last fit for irons?[/color]
[color="#282828"]January 2015[/color]
[color=#282828]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.[/color]
[color=#282828]YES![/color]
[color=#282828]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: TaylorMade PSi (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)[/color]
[color=#282828]You can choose any no-upcharge shafts. Grips/wraps will be stock[/color]
[color=#282828]KBS KB 90 Stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons[/color]

[color=#282828]I have a GolfTec membership which provides detailed feedback on performance in a controlled environment. In addition, it's SoCal, we play every day![/color]

Driver: Callaway Rogue 10.5 Diamana
3W: EPIC Diamana
5W: EPIC Hzrdus
Callaway Rogue Pro, 50/56/60 TM
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball

What’s in your current bag? R15 driver, 2014 Big Bertha 3w, R9 5 wood, Rocketbladez Tour 4-Aw, Tour preferred atv 54&58 wedges, Spider S Putter

What is your current handicap? 6

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Lafayette, Louisiana

What irons are you playing now? Rocketbladez Tour

When were you last fit for irons? 2014

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSi Irons review thread?  We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs. Yes. It would be my pleasure

Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: TaylorMade PSi (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)
You can choose any no-upcharge shafts.  Grips/wraps will be stock
TaylorMade PSi (Right)
4-AW
Loft and Lie: Standard
KBS Tour stiff shafts

Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSi Irons. Take them to the range for testing to get a feel for them side by side with my current irons. See how the flight, feel, and sound compares to my current set. Take them to the course and play as many rounds as necessary to compare in every aspect to my current set with a detailed breakdown of my thoughts after each round and range session. I will also be willing to answer any questions asked by Golfwrx members.

My Current Bag:

Driver - Cobra Biocell set at 9.5* with PX 6.0
3 Wood - Titleist 913F set at 15* with Aldila RIP
Irons - Titleist 735CM 4-p
Wedges - Mizuno S5 Blue 50/54/58 & Cleveland CG15 60 bent to 62
Putter - Taylormade Daddy Long Legs 2.0

My Current Handicap Index: 3.5

I am located in Deer Park, Washington, USA

I am currently playing Titleist 735 CM Irons

The Irons were received this year second hand and are fitted to my swing by myself (I have experience fitting, using lie boards, bending, etc.)

If selected do I agree to participate in an ongoing Taylormade PSi Irons review thread? ABSOLUTELY!!! I would be more than eager to put my journalism skills (majoring in journalism in university) to the test writing reviews and providing images with my professional DSLR.

My Specs:

Hand: Right
Irons: 3-p, AW, SW
Lie Adjustment: 4* UP
Loft Adjustment: 2* Strong
Steel Shaft
KBS C-Taper T with S flex
no additional tipping
+1" longer than standard

Testing would include both range and on course evaluation (I play daily) as well as possible Trackman or Flightscope data if the course is able to get a launch monitor (in the works currently). I am a meticulous person and keep track of much more information than the average golfer, keeping track of every shot I take on the course, and will provide excellent insight on playability from the perspective of a low handicapper.

Main evaluation points would be:

Forgiveness (distance lost on off center hits)
Feel
Ball Flight
Workability (Draw/ Fade or Low/ Mid/ High Trajectory)
Look (Offset, top line, etc.)
Sound
Coolness Factor (They look sweeeeeeet in the pictures, how about on the course!?!)
And anything else I manage to think of.

All testing will use a consistent ball: ProV1

Unlimited course and range access is available being a pro shop employee.

Working in a pro shop I have a lot of experience with clubs and this would be a fantastic opportunity to use my knowledge to test and evaluate the Taylormade PSi Irons.

Thank you so much for your time!

HelloDano

What's in your current bag?
TM SLDR 10.5 w/ Matrix 6m3 Black stiff
TM SLDR 3 HL w/ Motore TS 8.3 stiff
PING I20 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW, Pured PX 5.5
Callaway MD2 50, 56, 60, Pured PX 5.5

4.1 index

Where are you located?
Jamesville, NY

Callaway Apex Pro

Was fit at Club Champion in Orlando last April. Stayed w/ Apex Pros due to testing results. Switched to PX 5.5 and different specs.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing TaylorMade PSI irons review thread? We ask that provide hi res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs.
Of course. Would participate daily and provide pictures and ongoing review updates.

[color=#282828]Visit here and choose your specs. Include them in your post: [/color][url="http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi-Irons/DW-WZ354.html"]TaylorMade PSi[/url][color=#282828] (Note Standard PSi. Not Tour)[/color]
[color=#282828] After having a chance to hit these yesterday at GG, I'd like to try the stock C Taper 105 stiff setup. 1 degree up. D4.[/color]

Please explain how you would approach testing the TaylorMade PSI Irons
[color=#282828] Extensive launch monitor testing compared to my current irons of 2 years and other recently released products on the market. Indoor golf dome testing and on course reviews. I'm most excited to finally try the speed pocket. I used to switch irons monthly but have settled on my current set for a couple of years now. I'm looking for something just a touch more forgiving yet still leaning towards the better player. After my brief demo of a 7 iron, I feel that these could be just the ticket. Hope to be chosen.[/color]

Titleist TSI3
Cobra Baffler
Callaway Apex MB 3-G w/ DG
Titleist SM8 54, 59 w/ DG
Odyssey butane Black Series i #1 w/ welded long neck

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1446853165' post='12563532']
Just letting you guys know we're going to be announcing things next week. Meetings at TM have backed us up a little.
[/quote]

Thanks for the head up....getting very anxious to know if I will give them a go again the RSI TP's or Vapor Pro Combos.