Rickie Fowler WITB with new Cobra King Pro LTD driver, King MB irons at 2015 Shriners

[quote name='vwgolfer' timestamp='1445468546' post='12489338']10 d setting. Not king cobra PRO. Just king cobra. Guess I will pass on pro model, if Rick can't hit pro then I know I can't. Lol[/quote]

From what I understand from speaking with my rep is that the Pro model is no less forgiving. They are both 460cc. The only differences between the two are that the pro has a deeper face, a slightly smaller look at address, and is a bit lower spinning.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TWshoot67' timestamp='1445715802' post='12501808']
[quote name='Rodabodem' timestamp='1445714815' post='12501748']
Rickie and Jonas have had a big hand in developing all of our recent stuff. I think that's why people are liking it more. I definitely like it.
[/quote]
Since I see you wrote that your a Puma/Cobra employee can you explain why they switched the players iron i.e.... Amp Cell Pro's to a .370 hosel? Was this done for the Japan audience ? For years most major OEM's have used .355 taper tip and when I bought my New Cobra Amp Cell Pro's I was stunned they would switch from previous forged players head hosel size. I've played the Cobra Pro mb's then the S3 Pro Combo's and now I added a set of S3 mb's 2-pw. I love the feel and playability of the Cobra forged irons but really wasn't happy with the amp cell pro's. If I had my way I'd order up a few old stock sets of original King Cobra Pro mb's/ cb's as I felt they were the best. I'm really looking forward to the NEW Black King mb's/ cb's. It looks like very small amount of offset which I like.... I'm hoping from heel to toe they are same or smaller but I'll have to wait until I have a chance to hit these. I was a Mizuno MP29/Titleist 681 guy for a long time then tried Callaway Prototypes for a couple seasons and have to say once I gave Cobra a shot with the King Cobra Pro mb's I've been hooked ever since. Heck now I'm even playing their drivers since the Bio Cell + was introduced. Really like the direction Cobra has been going. Not bad either that they have one of the most genuine human beings in their stable with Rickie Fowler. Very nice to the public and his first impression he left on my 4 boys and I will never be forgotten. Now if the New line forged heads have .355 taper tips all will be great... but if they went with .370 I'm not going to be happy. JM2$
[/quote]

This is my first year with the company. I do not know why the amp cells were .370. I'll look into it for you.

That ball gave the wind the FINGER!

They were not .370...they are a universal bore...this allows a .355 to fit in snugly and a .370 to fit in snugly. Don't know where people come up with things such as the king ltd pro being smaller and deeper...do you guys assume this since its a "pro"? The pro is 2* flatter lie angle and is stronger lofted...absolutely ZERO other differences

[quote name='Rodabodem' timestamp='1445729741' post='12502458']
[quote name='veebs007x' timestamp='1445729654' post='12502450']
Lol ur ridiculous...I do know Timothy mings...I just sed that above...and think what u want...u def don't work in R&D and have no idea what ur talking about
[/quote]

You clearly don't since you said he works in customer service when he doesn't.
[/quote]

Easy way to settle this. First one of you two that sends me a PM to ask for my address, sends me a King driver to demo, shall be victorious.

GO!

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='veebs007x' timestamp='1445728601' post='12502378']
They were not .370...they are a universal bore...this allows a .355 to fit in snugly and a .370 to fit in snugly. Don't know where people come up with things such as the king ltd pro being smaller and deeper...do you guys assume this since its a "pro"? The pro is 2* flatter lie angle and is stronger lofted...absolutely ZERO other differences
[/quote]
It may be universal bore but in no way does .355 taper tip fit "snugly" as you put it.The only .355 part of they Amp Cell Pro that's .355 is approximately 1 mm if that. I've been building clubs for over 20 years and my opinion on universal bore is that they suck. You bore a forged players iron head with .355 taper tip. if a fitter wants to use .370 parallel tip he can bore it out . Plain and simple, then every build fits snugly!

PS: if .355 fit so snugly in the Amp Cell Pro irons then why did Cobra put .370 shafts in the head? Another question if universal is so great why does almost every other major OEM have their heads bored to.355 on players forged irons. If I were to guess it must be something to do with making the product at a different foundry (cheaper or less expensive to make from previous foundry).... I hope I'm wrong because I have grown to like the Cobra product until the Amp Cell Pro line of irons. Personally I felt the king Cobra Pro mb/s/cb's and the S3 mb's and Cb's were much better heads. JMHO

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='TWshoot67' timestamp='1445736369' post='12502890'][quote name='veebs007x' timestamp='1445728601' post='12502378']
[/quote]
It may be universal bore but in no way does .355 taper tip fit "snugly" as you put it.The only .355 part of they Amp Cell Pro that's .355 is approximately 1 mm if that. I've been building clubs for over 20 years and my opinion on universal bore is that they suck. You bore a forged players iron head with .355 taper tip. if a fitter wants to use .370 parallel tip he can bore it out . Plain and simple, then every build fits snugly!

PS: if .355 fit so snugly in the Amp Cell Pro irons then why did Cobra put .370 shafts in the head? Another question if universal is so great why does almost every other major OEM have their heads bored to.355 on players forged irons. If I were to guess it must be something to do with making the product at a different foundry (cheaper or less expensive to make from previous foundry).... I hope I'm wrong because I have grown to like the Cobra product until the Amp Cell Pro line of irons. Personally I felt the king Cobra Pro mb/s/cb's and the S3 mb's and Cb's were much better heads. JMHO[/quote]

Amp cell pro irons did not come stock with .370 shafts

Love the address profile and overall shaping of irons, in my opinion, finish and graphics are aesthetically challenged.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='Rodabodem' timestamp='1445729741' post='12502458']
[quote name='veebs007x' timestamp='1445729654' post='12502450']
Lol ur ridiculous...I do know Timothy mings...I just sed that above...and think what u want...u def don't work in R&D and have no idea what ur talking about
[/quote]

You clearly don't since you said he works in customer service when he doesn't.
[/quote]Regardless of situation, this is poorly handled and would be best settled by pm between arguing parties instead of reflecting poorly on either site or company.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

• 3 weeks later...

Loving these new Cobras, absolutely stunning.

I´m playing the AMP CELL PRO at the moment and absolutely loves them. Now this year its time for a new set. Do you know how big difference the new KINGS are compared to the AMP CELL PRO?
More forgiving?
Better feeling?
Longer?

Does any of you guys tried out both the mb/cb in the same loft? Living in Sweden and for us here I think it will be almost impossible to find a set of Mb´s or Cb´s, I think here the shops only will have the mb/cb comboset!?

You guys who thinking about putting them in your bag for next season, will you go for the comboset, full set of mb´s or even a full set of the cb´s?

[quote name='Rodabodem' timestamp='1445558675' post='12494166']
The tungsten weight on the toe is not a custom one off for Rickie. It is stock. Same as the Fly Z Pros. Rickie is using a left handed adapter to make his driver 6.5*. The King LTD Pro goes down to 7.5* and 7.5* with a fade setting.

- Your resident PumaCobra employee.
[/quote]

what???? thats not even the pro head, and looking at his launch conditions (14 launch with 3000 spin) there is no way his driver is 6.5 degrees....

[quote name='Rodabodem' timestamp='1445695166' post='12500806']
[quote name='DatSliceDoe' timestamp='1445651082' post='12499522']
[quote name='Rodabodem' timestamp='1445558675' post='12494166']
The tungsten weight on the toe is not a custom one off for Rickie. It is stock. Same as the Fly Z Pros. Rickie is using a left handed adapter to make his driver 6.5*. The King LTD Pro goes down to 7.5* and 7.5* with a fade setting.

- Your resident PumaCobra employee.
[/quote]

Just dropping by to say that your custom dept rocks. 10 day turn on my order from placement to delivery on FlyZ+/Pro set.
[/quote]

Thanks! We had a problem at the beginning of the release because we sold WAY more than projected, but after that was taken care of we've been really good with getting orders filled and delivered.
[/quote]

You need to stop giving out false information on this website Rodabodem. You are not an employee of our company! You never have been! For beginners it is CobraPuma golf, not PumaCobra. You have zero idea of what you're talking about! Rickie does NOT play a LH hosel tube. Stop supplying false information on this website....and stop name dropping! Tim Mings does not know who you are!

That escalated quickly...

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

[quote name='Bama1981' timestamp='1447397680' post='12593214']
You need to stop giving out false information on this website Rodabodem. You are not an employee of our company! You never have been! For beginners it is CobraPuma golf, not PumaCobra. You have zero idea of what you're talking about! Rickie does NOT play a LH hosel tube. Stop supplying false information on this website....and stop name dropping! Tim Mings does not know who you are!
[/quote]

My buddy Eldrick says it's not cool to name drop.

[/quote]and it 's the head who decides the loft and not the adapter. Otherwise you'd just need one head instead of two.

[/quote]Everybody is somebody on the www.

@therealping

[quote name='captainmaui' timestamp='1447186766' post='12580442']Loving these new Cobras, absolutely stunning.

I´m playing the AMP CELL PRO at the moment and absolutely loves them. Now this year its time for a new set. Do you know how big difference the new KINGS are compared to the AMP CELL PRO?
More forgiving?
Better feeling?
Longer?

Does any of you guys tried out both the mb/cb in the same loft? Living in Sweden and for us here I think it will be almost impossible to find a set of Mb´s or Cb´s, I think here the shops only will have the mb/cb comboset!?

You guys who thinking about putting them in your bag for next season, will you go for the comboset, full set of mb´s or even a full set of the cb´s?[/quote]

You should be able to have a local retailer order a full set of mb's for you. As for a full set of cb's, last time I talked to my rep he said that they would not be making a full set of cb's.

[quote name='Quickfire14' timestamp='1447551375' post='12600018']
[quote name='captainmaui' timestamp='1447186766' post='12580442']Loving these new Cobras, absolutely stunning.

More forgiving?
Better feeling?
Longer?

You guys who thinking about putting them in your bag for next season, will you go for the comboset, full set of mb´s or even a full set of the cb´s?[/quote]

You should be able to have a local retailer order a full set of mb's for you. As for a full set of cb's, last time I talked to my rep he said that they would not be making a full set of cb's.
[/quote]

Thanx for your answer but Im pretty sure you can order a full set og cb´s. Saw them on a webpages where I usually buy my golfequipment.
Only tried a 7 iron of the mb´s and it´s really nice. Do you think its more forgiving then the ACP??

But I would like to try one of the cb´s and see if there really is any difference to the ACP??

You guys who have tried them, what do you think and do you like em????

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='vwgolfer' timestamp='1445468546' post='12489338']10 d setting. Not king cobra PRO. Just king cobra. Guess I will pass on pro model, if Rick can't hit pro then I know I can't. Lol[/quote]

Its same thing as the other model only it has open settings

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

[quote name='whizhouse' timestamp='1445484671' post='12490474']Is he still playing the old 3 iron?[/quote]

No 5 wood, then 4-9

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

[quote name='Santiago Golf' timestamp='1448891123' post='12662444']

[/quote]

Wanting to clear this up, as I spoke with Cobra directly about it. The heads are made the same with same tech, except the King LTD head is fixed at 10.5 degrees of loft and the Pro is fixed at 8.5 degrees. Then of course the myfly8 adapter is different moving the norm from 9-12 and the pro from 7-10.

I'm assuming that Rickie is using his adapter from his fly z+ driver still, given that there is no 10D setting on either of the King LTD adapters. So if I'm doing the math right, he's essentially playing his driver at a 9* draw setting since the Fly Z+ adapters are basically "neutral" at 10 degrees. (Judging by the pictures and the 9.0 sticker, I'm assuming his driver is molded with 9* of loft).

Also, if anyone is gaming the pro head and you have it set at 7.5 fade, here is a virtual hand shake showing flat out respect for your beastly swing. *reaches out hand*

Jeremiah 29:11

[quote name='jdailey03' timestamp='1448896843' post='12662718']
[quote name='Santiago Golf' timestamp='1448891123' post='12662444']

[/quote]

Wanting to clear this up, as I spoke with Cobra directly about it. The heads are made the same with same tech, except the King LTD head is fixed at 10.5 degrees of loft and the Pro is fixed at 8.5 degrees. Then of course the myfly8 adapter is different moving the norm from 9-12 and the pro from 7-10.

I'm assuming that Rickie is using his adapter from his fly z+ driver still, given that there is no 10D setting on either of the King LTD adapters. So if I'm doing the math right, he's essentially playing his driver at a 10.5 draw setting since the Fly Z+ adapters are basically "neutral" at 10 degrees.

Also, if anyone is gaming the pro head and you have it set at 7.5 fade, here is a virtual hand shake showing flat out respect for your beastly swing. *reaches out hand*
[/quote]

Rickie is using a left handed adpater. His loft is 6.5* from I understand

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1445465863' post='12489156']I have sky marks too.[/quote] what's interesting is how consistently towards the toe and high in the face his two fairway woods have marks. With as great a ball striker he is, I wonder if that's intentional? Is it the best launch and spin conditions? I've noticed that since Tiger started hitting stingers with his woods that a lot of golfers (including Rickie) take shallow divots with their fairway woods.

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X