• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445875916' post='12508294']
[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445875345' post='12508238']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445874189' post='12508144']
This one is for DeNinny-

I was reading this interview with the Titleist folks about the new AP1s and they talk quite a bit about COG, and very little about MOI, etc. Of course they mention inertia, but it doesn't seem to be a driver of the convo for them like COG is. It seems like they viewed an improved inertia value to be a happy accident as a result of putting the COG where they wanted it. Just from a feel perspective, it seems they are talking about COG stuff about 3 or 4:1 It seems like the majority of what they are trying to discuss is regarding COG values for ball flight stuff, and and COG location based on empirical evidence from their testing.

They mention lofts, and distance, and thinner faces, etc... but it seems to me that what "forgiveness" means to Titleist is determined heavily on those factors that impact COG. If that is the case, it reads like the ability for the average golfer to hit it higher without losing distance is what they are trying to achieve. Again, I am a dufus comparatively about the physics and stuff, but I thought this might give you some discussion points to interpret this for the rest of us self-proclaimed knuckleheads.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/331088/titleist-answers-questions-about-the-716-ap1-irons/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-716-ap1-irons/[/url]
[/quote]
This is a good topic and one I have struggled to understand technically how CG location changes the trajectory. The advertisements certainly are NOT clear. I have my theories all laid out and I will get to the details later. What I would like to understand is how you or anybody envision what is happening? The manufacturers are claiming a lowered CG launches the ball higher. While not untrue, how do you "see" this?
[/quote]

I don't know how to see it, actually. That's why I ask. I don't understand how anything outside of the loft presented to the ball at the strike would affect trajectory when I try to think about it conceptually. From my experience though, unless I am off and just think I know what happens when I acutally hit clubs like versus, say my Mizuno TN-91s, is that I can hit them higher, easier. And, again, I could be wrong.

At a previous job, I needed to figure out where to allocate some resources. I built this elaborate predictive model with fancy math in hopes that the folks that needed to buy into it would glaze over the technical stuff, ask me to give them the gist of it, and then buy in based on my pitch. It sort of worked for me, and it kind of feels like what is happening in this article. Lol.
[/quote]
I completely understand and what you just stated about loft angle presented at the ball is how I see it with maybe some elements of spin thrown in. So to me CG must either impact the loft angle and/or the spin in order to change the trajectory. By itself it does nothing, in theory.

This was a good alignment so we start on the same page.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1445873298' post='12508072']
I've been swinging that new 24 degree hybrid and my 21 quite a bit as I just added the 24. I'm convinced that a couple of big problems with these clubs is the amount of offset and the shafts. The thing is that they're very easy to get up in the air. For a lot of recreational golfers that's enough to to make the cash register sing. But, while the center of gravity is obviously low and the faces are obviously high COR (hot), the shafts are pretty long and you're trying to hit the ball a long way. That translates into a lot of high spin shots. I'm really working on playing one stock shot with these clubs right now. A high fade. It's tempting to "work the ball" with them as they're so easy to spin. But, out on the range I'm missing with the draw (mostly a low trajectory or a bit thick when I try and get it up) more than I'm hitting it dead nutz on and that's not something I want to take out on the golf course.
[/quote]

I cut all my drivers, fairways and hybrids down at least an inch now right off the bat. Then maybe a little more if the club feels like it needs it after that. That shafts today are much to long for most of us.

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445876410' post='12508336']
This one is for DeNinny-

I was reading this interview with the Titleist folks about the new AP1s and they talk quite a bit about COG, and very little about MOI, etc. Of course they mention inertia, but it doesn't seem to be a driver of the convo for them like COG is. It seems like they viewed an improved inertia value to be a happy accident as a result of putting the COG where they wanted it. Just from a feel perspective, it seems they are talking about COG stuff about 3 or 4:1 It seems like the majority of what they are trying to discuss is regarding COG values for ball flight stuff, and and COG location based on empirical evidence from their testing.

They mention lofts, and distance, and thinner faces, etc... but it seems to me that what "forgiveness" means to Titleist is determined heavily on those factors that impact COG. If that is the case, it reads like the ability for the average golfer to hit it higher without losing distance is what they are trying to achieve. Again, I am a dufus comparatively about the physics and stuff, but I thought this might give you some discussion points to interpret this for the rest of us self-proclaimed knuckleheads.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/331088/titleist-answers-questions-about-the-716-ap1-irons/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-716-ap1-irons/[/url]
[/quote]
This is a good topic and one I have struggled to understand technically how CG location changes the trajectory. The advertisements certainly are NOT clear. I have my theories all laid out and I will get to the details later. What I would like to understand is how you or anybody envision what is happening? The manufacturers are claiming a lowered CG launches the ball higher. While not untrue, how do you "see" this?
[/quote]

I don't know how to see it, actually. That's why I ask. I don't understand how anything outside of the loft presented to the ball at the strike would affect trajectory when I try to think about it conceptually. From my experience though, unless I am off and just think I know what happens when I acutally hit clubs like versus, say my Mizuno TN-91s, is that I can hit them higher, easier. And, again, I could be wrong.

At a previous job, I needed to figure out where to allocate some resources. I built this elaborate predictive model with fancy math in hopes that the folks that needed to buy into it would glaze over the technical stuff, ask me to give them the gist of it, and then buy in based on my pitch. It sort of worked for me, and it kind of feels like what is happening in this article. Lol.
[/quote]
I completely understand and what you just stated about loft angle presented at the ball is how I see it with maybe some elements of spin thrown in. So to me CG must either impact the loft angle and/or the spin in order to change the trajectory. By itself it does nothing, in theory.

[/quote]
I just read the farticle. LOL this is just to summarize about what they did with the AP1. Again I will do a deeper dive into it later. They brought back the flexing CB face by moving the mass lower. Now the flexing face launches the ball higher because the ball contact at the lower part of the face where it will always flex in the upward or weaker loft position during impact. So now in order to get the distance back, because now the ball goes too high, they JACK THE LOFT STRONGER!

Look at the AP1 3i specs. It is 19* as compared to the AP2, CB, and MB at 21*. LOL of course you need it to launch higher. It's 19*!!! So here's the "logic": lower the CG to launch a stronger lofted 3i higher. Ummmm...they might not have needed to do that if the "forgiving" club didn't need to be so strong lofted. LOL but now they get to advertise the "breakthrough" technology of "progressive lower CG placement".

Three card Monte at its finest. Dante needs to create a tenth circle for these club "designers".

More on this later.

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445888693' post='12509218']
[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445876410' post='12508336']
This one is for DeNinny-

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I just read the farticle. LOL this is just to summarize about what they did with the AP1. Again I will do a deeper dive into it later. They brought back the flexing CB face by moving the mass lower. Now the flexing face launches the ball higher because the ball contact at the lower part of the face where it will always flex in the upward or weaker loft position during impact. So now in order to get the distance back, because now the ball goes too high, they JACK THE LOFT STRONGER!

Look at the AP1 3i specs. It is 19* as compared to the AP2, CB, and MB at 21*. LOL of course you need it to launch higher. It's 19*!!! So here's the "logic": lower the CG to launch a stronger lofted 3i higher. Ummmm...they might not have needed to do that if the "forgiving" club didn't need to be so strong lofted. LOL but now they get to advertise the "breakthrough" technology of "progressive lower CG placement".

Three card Monte at its finest. Dante needs to create a tenth circle for these club "designers".

More on this later.
[/quote]

I think you nailed it as usual D. Hits lower on the face will cause more face
flex going up the face and will launch the ball higher.

I have played the Ping G series irons plenty and this has been my experience
though before I didn't actually understand how it works. I have actually hit
"thin" shots with those irons that still launch pretty high.

Can't believe this is some new discovery for Titleist, lol. Ping jacked the lofts
on the Rapture V2s (ti face and tungsten heel weights) in 2009 and now
the G30s have jacked lofts. They're just making the faces thinner and
lowering the CG. Nothing new there.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445889843' post='12509334']

Can't believe this is some new discovery for Titleist, lol. Ping jacked the lofts
[/quote]

The AP1s have been jacked for a while actually, they are just jacked more now.

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445890070' post='12509354']

[/quote]

[/quote]
They had to jack them more since in the farticle they admitted to going back to a more flexing face.

Pigems should be an SGI iron designer since he jacks loft more.

Registered Bladeocrat

I'm jacked LOL!

Enjoying the conversation on C.O.G, reminds me of my bowling days, that was the only time I worried about CG. If I'm not mistaken even the AP2's are somewhat similar, I've tried hitting a set of AP2's, they felt good but holy smokes did I hit those things high!

Edit: TOOL'd HAHAHAHAHA Pigs "Sir Jacks Loft Alot" :D

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445876320' post='12508332']
Conrad you should get a kick out of this, being a trucker and from Alabama and all... I bought a club off Ebay and it was shipped last Tuesday from Tuscaloosa, it's now Monday and it's made it's way to Birmingham according to tracking... good thing it's not like a kidney or anything :)
[/quote]

Some shippers can "process" shipments before they are actually picked
up. They have a tracking# and all but the shipment may still be sitting
at their location. If they get busy or screw up the package may not get
picked up......then they see it sitting there, lol, and stick it with the next
group of packages to get picked up.

I rarely have a problem with USPS but sometimes the guys don't scan
the packages and so the updates don't show.

Right now I have a package enroute to my house from Sandy, UT. It
shipped Oct 13 and has not updated since. Neither the seller or I
know where it is. It could be sitting at my house but I'm not there to
look. I told the seller I'll look when I get home in early Dec, lol. It's
a small item so no biggie.

Usually, if tracking shows a shipment has been delivered and it's a
small item I go ahead and leave them feedback. Just have to wait
on this one.

I have bought and sold a lot on Ebay so I have encountered a few
"situations" and gained a little knowledge.

As for the trucking we do, it's a different animal. We deal with only
FULL truckloads and from one point to another. I promise you we
won't be coming to your house to deliver a package! :)

SLED Gemini

Just for fun- here are my specs BStone J715, XR Pro, 2014 Nike Vr Forged PC, TM TP Wedges-
Format is Loft, Lie, Length, Offset, Bounce, Swingweight, Headweight

D: 9.5*, 59.0*, 44.5", N/A..., N/A, D2, head not weighed, but added 12g for SW.
F: 16*, 55.5*, 42.75", N/A.., N/A, D3, head not weighed.
3i: 21*, 59.0*, 39.0", 0.155", 2*, D2, 246.0g
4i: 24*, 60.0*, 38.5", 0.150", 3*, D2, 251.0g
5i: 27*, 61.0*, 38.0", 0.140", 4*, D2, 258.5g
6i: 31*, 62.0*, 37.5", 0.120", 5*, D2, 264.5g
7i: 35*, 62.5*, 37.0", 0.098", 6*, D2, 272.0g
8i: 39*, 63.0*, 36.5", 0.070", 7*, D2, 279.0g
9i: 43*, 63.5*, 36.0", 0.059", 8*, D2, 287.0g
P: 47*, 64.0*, 35.8", 0.059", 9*, D3, 291.0g
G: 52*, 64.0*, 35.5", N/A...., 9*, D3, N/A....these were not weighed as they were not built at the time of my irons
S: 56*, 64.0*, 35.25", N/A..., 12*, D4, N/A
L: 60*, 64.0*, 35.0", N/A....., 10*, D5, N/A

Now, here are the AP1s

3i: 19.0*, 59.0*, 39.5", 0.236", N/A, D1, N/A
4i: 22.0*, 60.0*, 39.0", 0.209", N/A, D1, N/A
5i: 25.0*, 61.0*, 38.5", 0.177", N/A, D1, N/A
6i: 28.0*, 62.0*, 38.0", 0.157", N/A, D1, N/A
7i: 31.0*, 62.5*, 37.5", 0.137", N/A, D1, N/A
8i: 35.0*, 63.0*, 37.0", 0.118", N/A, D1, N/A
9i: 39.0*, 63.5*, 36.5", 0.110", N/A, D1, N/A
P: 43.0*, 63.0*, 36.0", 0.098", N/A, D1, N/A
W: 47.0*, 64.0*, 35.75", 0.091", N/A, D1, N/A
W2: 52.0*, 64.0*, 35.5", 0.091", N/A, D1, N/A

Now, just for funsises...Mizuno MP5s

3i: 21.0*, 59.5*, 38.75", 0.130", 2*, N/A, N/A
4i: 24.0*, 60.0*, 38.25", 0.130", 2*, N/A, N/A
5i: 27.0*, 60.5*, 37.75", 0.130", 2*, N/A, N/A
6i: 30.0*, 61.0*, 37.25", 0.120", 3*, N/A, N/A
7i: 34.0*, 61.5*, 36.75", 0.120", 3*, N/A, N/A
8i: 38.0*, 62.0*, 36.25", 0.110", 4*, N/A, N/A
9i: 42.0*, 62.5*, 35.75", 0.110", 5*, N/A, N/A
P: 46.0*, 63.0*, 35.50", 0.110", 6*, N/A, N/A

So, even the MP5s are a little bit jacked, and in comparison to my Nikes, are jacked 1* from the 6i through the PW. Also, they have less offest in the 3, 4, 5, the same in the 6, and more than the Nikes in 7-PW. The Nikes have a linear increase in bounce, while the Mizunos do not, and generally have more of it. So, maybe I am already playing a blade in essence. Maybe you're right D, maybe it is a MAWBABWMAWBAMB.

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445892678' post='12509580']
[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445876320' post='12508332']
Conrad you should get a kick out of this, being a trucker and from Alabama and all... I bought a club off Ebay and it was shipped last Tuesday from Tuscaloosa, it's now Monday and it's made it's way to Birmingham according to tracking... good thing it's not like a kidney or anything :)
[/quote]

Some shippers can "process" shipments before they are actually picked
up. They have a tracking# and all but the shipment may still be sitting
at their location. If they get busy or screw up the package may not get
picked up......then they see it sitting there, lol, and stick it with the next
group of packages to get picked up.

I rarely have a problem with USPS but sometimes the guys don't scan
the packages and so the updates don't show.

Right now I have a package enroute to my house from Sandy, UT. It
shipped Oct 13 and has not updated since. Neither the seller or I
know where it is. It could be sitting at my house but I'm not there to
look. I told the seller I'll look when I get home in early Dec, lol. It's
a small item so no biggie.

Usually, if tracking shows a shipment has been delivered and it's a
small item I go ahead and leave them feedback. Just have to wait
on this one.

I have bought and sold a lot on Ebay so I have encountered a few
"situations" and gained a little knowledge.

As for the trucking we do, it's a different animal. We deal with only
FULL truckloads and from one point to another. I promise you we
won't be coming to your house to deliver a package! :)
[/quote]

Fabulous (my favorite word as my employees would say)... thanks for the insight. I was thinking they were walking it to me. So I figured I would walk and meet them halfway, maybe Bowling Green Ky. I thought maybe if I met them there walking it would take 6 months, I could fly back and it would be April, by then I could use the club anyway.
I really appreciate your explanation, makes sense now.

LMAO Nine. Nice roundup. To be clear, it is not the loft angle that defines the MAWBMB or MAWBB. It is the nature of the face flex and if there is an equivalent design feature to the blade's muscle. For example your 3i has that well behind the visual 'muscle' and thus a thin walled face. This is most definitely NOT like a blade. But that feng shui design hides this and your 3i LOOKs like there is a reinforcing muscle behind the sweet spot. In reality there is a flexing face which is why you launch that CB 3i so high (relative to a blade of equal loft).

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445888285' post='12509186']
I've been swinging that new 24 degree hybrid and my 21 quite a bit as I just added the 24. I'm convinced that a couple of big problems with these clubs is the amount of offset and the shafts. The thing is that they're very easy to get up in the air. For a lot of recreational golfers that's enough to to make the cash register sing. But, while the center of gravity is obviously low and the faces are obviously high COR (hot), the shafts are pretty long and you're trying to hit the ball a long way. That translates into a lot of high spin shots. I'm really working on playing one stock shot with these clubs right now. A high fade. It's tempting to "work the ball" with them as they're so easy to spin. But, out on the range I'm missing with the draw (mostly a low trajectory or a bit thick when I try and get it up) more than I'm hitting it dead nutz on and that's not something I want to take out on the golf course.
[/quote]

I cut all my drivers, fairways and hybrids down at least an inch now right off the bat. Then maybe a little more if the club feels like it needs it after that. That shafts today are much to long for most of us.
[/quote]

I'm doing this too, wish I had learned this a long time ago.

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445890710' post='12509414']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445890070' post='12509354']

[/quote]

[/quote]
They had to jack them more since in the farticle they admitted to going back to a more flexing face.

Pigems should be an SGI iron designer since he jacks loft more.
[/quote]

They must have been falling behind Tbag and others in the SGI market with
all the "distance" claims going on.....so back to a thinner face and lower CG.

I wonder if they've been changing the Ap2s also. I remember hearing
Jordan put the 716 AP2s in the bag for 1 tourney and then yanked them
back out and put his previous AP2s back in.

I don't get it myself. I hit my i20s further than I hit any G series Ping that
has a thinner face. Mainly because of lower spin.

My understanding, at least with Ping anyway, was they were "engineering"
a higher launching lower spinning iron when they hit the market with the
i20s. That's what I got with those irons. I was hitting them a club longer than
any other Ping iron I had played with.

I don't know HOW they did it but it was not with a thinner face and a lower
CG. It was a different steel they were using among other things if I'm
remembering correctly and some borrowed tech from the S series irons.

Marketing or not, the results were the same for most who were reporting
pretty big yardage gains when the i20s first hit the stores. There was a long
a** thread about them back in '13. Ping didn't make any distance claims
at all. All of that came from the big thread here.

I remember Discount Dan's was selling them at a big discount and WRXers
were buying them up like crazy....but the noise got too loud and Ping went
into DD's and cut them off, lol.

SLED Gemini

[quote name='billh17' timestamp='1445871851' post='12507966']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445869940' post='12507818']
[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445843497' post='12506952']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445842900' post='12506948']
Weather Channel watchers may be familiar with Chris Geith's music.
Songs like Restless Heart, Agent of Destiny and Coincidence were
featured prominently several years ago on "Local on the 8s".

These songs just seem to fit when storms are brewing, lol.

Here is Restless Heart.

[url="https://youtu.be/IyTQq9Yt9kM"]https://youtu.be/IyTQq9Yt9kM[/url]
[/quote]

I used to watch the weather channel constantly. Now, it always on Golf channel. One day Mrs C said she wished she'd catch me watching porn because I was always on the computer looking at golf stuff. I thought that was pretty cool. She gave me permission to watch porn. So...yknow...I got that going for me. :D
[/quote]

I watched TWC a lot when we first moved to Bama since the weather was
so different from SoCal. There were a lot of hurricanes the first couple of
years we were here plus we get all sorts or severe weather warnings and
tornadoes, etc., that we never had in Cal.

From Oct to May I check it on line so we can avoid the winter storms as
much as possible, lol. As a skier I loved the snow. As a trucker I hate it, lol.
[/quote]

Rad, after all those years in bubble gum topped cars,i find the snow is beautiful now that I can sit in front of the fireplace and watch it....lol
There may have been a very few lousy truckers....but a ton of purely stupid 4 wheelers...lol
[/quote]

LOL, As long as I don't have to drive in it or dodge other crazies I don't
mind the snow that much. We get so little down here and it melts right
away. We do get a lot of frost on the greens though and tee times get
pushed back to 10am or so. It's really rough you know. :)

SLED Gemini

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445893645' post='12509658']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Sixty I must confess ignorance!

What is a Snell My Tour Ball??

And glad to have another Ping homer in here too! It was lonely cause
mdg isn't always here to help me defend the "cause", lol. :)

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445895691' post='12509818']
[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445893645' post='12509658']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Sixty I must confess ignorance!

What is a Snell My Tour Ball??

And glad to have another Ping homer in here too! It was lonely cause
mdg isn't always here to help me defend the "cause", lol. :)
[/quote]

Snell was in on the Prov then he went to TBAG and helped develop the Penta. Which was a fine ball. Now, he's on his own. He has 2 offerings. My Tour Ball. Comparable to premium balls. Cheaper price. Posters here on Wrx seem really praise it. Others ball is "Get Sum" or something like that. 2 piece distance ball.

Well I'm going to play some Sim golf tonight and I'm putting the PM's in the bag! Not the 2 iron though haha. This should be interesting, I haven't played in the while an I'm gonna play Blades for the first time in years hahaha.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

You can find a lot of info about it in the Equipment forum then Golf Balls. Mr. Snell is a WRX'er. So I have tried the My Tour Ball and it is genuine. Plays just like the ProV1 and is less expensive ($31.99/doz). It's definitely worth checking out.
Yes I'm a Ping'er but I like hearing from everyone about what they use and how they like it, opinions welcome, I'm not closed minded :)

[url="http://snellgolf.com/"]http://snellgolf.com/[/url]

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445896716' post='12509890']
Well I'm going to play some Sim golf tonight and I'm putting the PM's in the bag! Not the 2 iron though haha. This should be interesting, I haven't played in the while an I'm gonna play Blades for the first time in years hahaha.
[/quote]

Man up and take the 2 iron Pigs. Mind over mass, bro. :nyam:

SLED Gemini

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445896999' post='12509906']
You can find a lot of info about it in the Equipment forum then Golf Balls. Mr. Snell is a WRX'er. So I have tried the My Tour Ball and it is genuine. Plays just like the ProV1 and is less expensive. It's definitely worth checking out.
Yes I'm a Ping'er but I like hearing from everyone about what they use and how they like it, opinions welcome, I'm not closed minded :)
[/quote]

Thanks to you and MC I now know! The learning never stops. I'll have
to check it out.

I read it and thought maybe you misspelled "Smell My Tour Ball". Around
this thread anything is possible.

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445897039' post='12509910']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok I'm taking it, but I'm not taking out my hybrid lol. It's bad enough my poor CB's are sitting in my back up bag right now :(

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445897242' post='12509920']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok I'm taking it, but I'm not taking out my hybrid lol. It's bad enough my poor CB's are sitting in my back up bag right now :(
[/quote]

Well, I predict you're gonna miss some fairways......by A LOT....hit
amazing recovery shots.....have the best short game in the great
white north........but can't make a putt. :)Use 20 ft gimmes tonight.

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445897208' post='12509916']
You can find a lot of info about it in the Equipment forum then Golf Balls. Mr. Snell is a WRX'er. So I have tried the My Tour Ball and it is genuine. Plays just like the ProV1 and is less expensive. It's definitely worth checking out.
[/quote]

to check it out.

[/quote]

I'm learning that... would have been even worse if it had been t-rd

You can find a lot of info about it in the Equipment forum then Golf Balls. Mr. Snell is a WRX'er. So I have tried the My Tour Ball and it is genuine. Plays just like the ProV1 and is less expensive ($31.99/doz). It's definitely worth checking out.

[/quote]

Thanks for the link. I'll have to try some. I'm running behind. I still haven't
tried the Chrome Soft yet since I still have a bunch of balls I've yet to lose.

Have you hit the ChromeSoft? If so, what did you think of it? It's been NEXT
on my list for awhile now.......but I do like to patronize small companies and
start ups.

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445897657' post='12509962']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445897242' post='12509920']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I predict you're gonna miss some fairways......by A LOT....hit
amazing recovery shots.....have the best short game in the great
white north........but can't make a putt. :)Use 20 ft gimmes tonight.
[/quote]

Those irons have made it through two seasons without coming out though, that's a lifetime in WRX land lol. Like they made it thru the wager even hahahaha. The only things that did lol

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445897784' post='12509976']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445897208' post='12509916']
[/quote]

to check it out.

[/quote]

I'm learning that... would have been even worse if it had been t-rd
[/quote]

Maybe, lol. I know MC would have eatin' it up.

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445898163' post='12509998']

[/quote]

Thanks for the link. I'll have to try some. I'm running behind. I still haven't
tried the Chrome Soft yet since I still have a bunch of balls I've yet to lose.

Have you hit the ChromeSoft? If so, what did you think of it? It's been NEXT
on my list for awhile now.......but I do like to patronize small companies and
start ups.
[/quote]

I haven't but I work with a guy who hits monster drives. He was hitting the Callaway Speed Regime 2, anyway he switched to the Chrome Soft and absolutely is crushing it, I was surprised, didn't realize a long ball hitter would use it, so maybe it's a good all around ball too.

I just like the way the Snell ball plays in all conditions, and have spent the entire year using it, and it is a keeper ( for me though, everybody needs to pick what's best for them) I will never ever ever use anything else... so yeah, I think I'll try the Chrome Soft next, hahahaha