The 9th circle of confession.

Nine Miler

OK I told you guys I never considered myself a great ball striker and here is proof this is my worn slap out VIP wedge

[attachment=3006512:20151013_172014.jpg]

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445754349' post='12503616']
MC, the G30s look nice. I like the dark color and the Nike-like Gamma
Blue accents. The lofts are jacked a little but it's no biggie IMO. If they
perform like the normal G series irons you can't go wrong. They've been
bending the trailing edge to make the soles not so wide and off putting
to the eyes since the G25s.

As you know, I have a set of G25s that I bought from PD and they are
great, especially with his custom paint job he did for me! I've only gotten
them dirty a few times, lol, but they are at the ready!

Ssshh, don't let D hear us..............................just kidding, lol.

I play 'em all..............from blades to shovels. Variety is the spice, right?

I mean a REAL man should be able to hit a blade or an SGI iron. :D
[/quote]

The Pings were never really on my radar, Rad. To be honest, I'm not sure I've ever hit a Ping iron before. It felt good. Wasn't paying attention to the sound but if it would've made a weird noise, I would've taken notice.

The G30 driver had a different sound than I'm used to. The numbers with it weren't too bad. I told the guy it was an inch shorter than my driver. He gave me a puzzled look and said it shouldn't be. The demos were all standard length. While I was hitting the 7 iron he got the stick out and measured it at 44.5. LMAO! I told him I can tell how many wraps of tape were under a standard grip too. I think he was a little surprised that a pudgy 48 year old in Levis and a tshirt could feel this stuff in a golf club. Lol. Super nice guy. Real friendly. Took me a little more serious after that though.

I told him to hit a few and he turned the machine around. His swing was nice. 105-110mph cold. The 3rd one didn't register. Said he felt like he hooked it. I told him he did. I said you got a little quick at the top and dumped your arms underneath then turned it over hard to try to save it. LMAO!! I guess I could've been right. ;) He just shook his head and "yup, you're right".

Anyhoo....that was my experience on a launch monitor and actually getting to see the numbers as well as hitting a Ping iron for the first time. I live such a sheltered little life in a small Midwestern town. I think next weekend Mrs C and I may venture out to the city. Probably St. Louis. It's closer than Chi town. Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith here I come. Probably Ikea too. They just opened one down there. Mrs C wants go.

[quote name='Palauan Hammer' timestamp='1445763378' post='12503672']
Boy oh boy Lydia Ko is something special, she is in fact my favorite golfer by a MILE! Go Lydia!

MC, if your thinking about getting some G30 I'd wait a minute as I think there is a new line coming out in Jan/Feb, there could be a price drop on those G30's soon brah!

Great posts as usual everyone!

Looking forward to some shaft talk, personally I think shafts can be more important than the actual club head. That however is only an opinion and based off of my experience. Mainly with the driver. When I accidentally found the shaft my swing gets along with in the driver swing it literally changed my; game. Pretty crazy the difference in ball flight, spin, dispersion, and distance. Lastly it gave me more confidence off the tee, which then leaked into the rest of my game. So the new driver I have has a different shaft, I did some research and it should work for me, if not "old faithful" is getting screwed in immediately LOL
[/quote]

I think it's combination of shaft and head. I can hit hooks with my hybrid when my ball flight with other clubs has been pretty straight all day.

Took my G10 and Cleveland drivers out. I could hook the crap out of the Cleveland w/black tie and could go through the G10 w/stock stiff as hard as I wanted and it would barely draw. That's what intrigues me.

Now, I figured out with the Cleveland that if I cup my wrist slightly at the top I can release hard and it goes pretty straight. Why this works? I have no Effingham clue. I constantly tinker so if I need to adjust while I'm playing I can. LMAO!!

The delusional golfer. LOL! I'm coming back to reality.

Just read the M1 'review' on the home page. The comments that follow are laughable at best. TMAG seems to bring out the very best in some of our 'contributors'. A combination of homers and trolls.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445768718' post='12503738']
Boy oh boy Lydia Ko is something special, she is in fact my favorite golfer by a MILE! Go Lydia!

MC, if your thinking about getting some G30 I'd wait a minute as I think there is a new line coming out in Jan/Feb, there could be a price drop on those G30's soon brah!

Looking forward to some shaft talk, personally I think shafts can be more important than the actual club head. That however is only an opinion and based off of my experience. Mainly with the driver. When I accidentally found the shaft my swing gets along with in the driver swing it literally changed my; game. Pretty crazy the difference in ball flight, spin, dispersion, and distance. Lastly it gave me more confidence off the tee, which then leaked into the rest of my game. So the new driver I have has a different shaft, I did some research and it should work for me, if not "old faithful" is getting screwed in immediately LOL
[/quote]

Can't believe I've missed this thread...

I agree about Lydia... Also, after reading your post, senior shafts make sense to me all of a sudden... (duh)

But that's not why I'm posting, Forged, on page 5 you mentioned nose hairs, I bought one of those nose hair trimmers last year. You know,the one where the guy on the commercial is a loser until he buys it, then he trims his ears and nose, and this chick is all over him? Well, anyway, it works OK I guess, problem is I guess if you're young you don't need it and the chicks want you anyway, and if you're old like me, you can't see to use it. Now, on your nose, it pretty much goes in there, and rips out the hairs like a roto-rooter. At least they're gone, but my advice to any golfer is don't play for like 24 hours because your eyes get watery and you end up hitting into other fairways cause you can't see straight... :) However my wife still wants me.. yay
[/quote]

Well played, Ping. I was going to suggest to RP (forged) about the nose and hair "roto-rooter". Mrs C bought me one shortly after the dragging me across the truck incident.

Welcome aboard!

[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1445766753' post='12503718']
[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445746527' post='12503436']
[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445741488' post='12503254']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445740565' post='12503218']
From what I've seen, it's getting a bulge where the composite meets the titanium in the crown.
[/quote]

It may have something to do with that. The way the 2 different materials absorb the impact. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. That link could be the way the metal is curved between the top of the face and where the crown meets the composite.

Compared the M1 and R15. The crown on the R15 has less curve from the face.
[/quote]

A shockwave traveling through two different materials will absolutely put stress on the interface between the two and since they both will stretch (and bend and compress) differently under the same force, then there will be an extreme shear force at the interface where one material will literally stretch differently than the other. To get a rough order of magnitude of this, you can compare the Young's modulus values. Per the table in this link, [url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young%27s_modulus"]https://en.wikipedia...g's_modulus[/url], you can see that titanium is different than carbon fiber reinforced plastic. They are within the same order of magnitude value with each other but they are different nonetheless. Their % difference in value is roughly the same % of stretch each of them will undergo from the same amount of force. But since they are supposed to be bound to each other, then when they stretch they will put a shear force at the interface and ultimately make the interface bend or warp.

You can see in the M1 that the composite has a sort of notch shape behind the impact point. That is right where the most force is going to be on the crown from impact, and so that notch shape is there to give it some structural reinforcement. But the problem with that also is that increases the total surface area interface which means an overall bigger difference in 'stretch' between the two materials.

But again I'll bet none of this is in the TBag marketing literature.

I can't wait to see all the explanations for this. It could still be just a poor manufacturing glitch that can be fixed. Personally if I had one, I would ask club surgeon Dr. BIG STU to fix mine. LOL but most likely I'd ask him to put it out of its misery. :bigwhack:
[/quote]Thanks for the confidence in my repair skills. Now I am going to bring up another can of worms for your mind to explore. With the 2 different types of materials and the long expansion joint wonder about seperation due to temp changes hot and cold etc combined with high speed frequency vibration from normal play. I would not think someone with my SS could affect it much but what about someone like Niner that has the swing speed and impact power?
[/quote]

Yes temperature has an effect. Every material has a coefficient of thermal expansion ([url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_expansion"]https://en.wikipedia...ermal_expansion[/url]) and similar those moduli I keep mentioning it defines how much a given temperature change will change the overall length (or volume) of the material. Per the link you will see a table and once again Titanium and CFRP (carbon fiber reinforced polymer) are in the table with different values. Again this will add shear stress to the interface as soon as the temperature changes from what it was during the time of bonding the two materials together. The more different the temperature, the more the shear stress.

Now having said all this, the forces involved need to be enough to deform the materials including that of the bond, and I would think that the force of impact would have a much greater effect than temperature change. But it is theoretically a contributor to the shear stress at the interface.

And yes the forces on the interface are absolutely tied to the swing speed of the golfer. The higher the swing speed, the greater the forces in the vibration shockwave and thus the greater the shear forces at that interface.

Also scotee pointed out that malleability of the metal is coming into play here which is more of a permanent deformation characteristic than the moduli which are more about the material returning back to original shape. And once again, because of the different material characteristic there will be a different mathematical result at the interface.

Multiple materials complicates the physics of golf and clubhead design. You get different feel and literal shape change from the forces of impact and that interface between the materials is the focal point. It's where all the complications will manifest themselves. To properly engineer for this requires all the material properties to be taken into account and then building that interface and the bond between the two materials to withstand all the different ways that forces can be applied to it.

All of this complication so TBag can ultimately save some material costs on the Titanium and also make the driver head as light as possible so the golfer can hit that ball just a little farther with even more randomness. Better hope those TBag engineers got their force and fatigue calcs right!

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1445757412' post='12503640']
Time to poke DePhysicist ... I cannot wait to see what you think of Cobra's upcoming "Zero CG" driver. :)

[/quote]

LOL the chemist calling the chemE a physicist. A chemist is nothing but a physicist that memorized the periodic table! :taunt: I can't wait to see what you think!

To me I understand the concept and think it is a step in the right direction because yes you want the CG of the driver to fall right in the path of the clubhead that goes directly into the CG of the ball. As the ads state (and I have been squawking about all along, dammit!), this is [i]more efficient energy transfer[/i]. When the CGs are on the [i]same exact collision path[/i], there is the [i]least amount [/i]of torque and stress on the clubhead. These forces cost energy that comes from the swing, and thus that energy is NOT put towards propelling the ball forward, making it (theoretically) less efficient. So yes lowering the CG to be on that neutral path line is the best scenario, BUT there are some things to consider with this...

1) The design assumes all golfers can still put that CG on the path that it was designed for. And they can be consistent with it. Some golfers may have already found the ideal path with other drivers that don't have this feature. So while this design looks good on paper, it may not be that significant of a change and improvement compared to other drivers. Nonetheless, the concept is theoretically a good one.

2) I'm still of the position that a CG, even though it is on the right path line, being set back from the point of impact is not as good from a variability standpoint. The further back the CG is, the[i] more precise[/i] the path has to be. That distance between the CG and the impact point (i.e. the face) basically exacerbates the error of the forces at impact. So it is theoretically better to have the CGs closer in relation to each other at impact.

I'm not sure how much either of these will be a factor but I'm throwing them on the table for consideration.

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1445776233' post='12503872']
Just read the M1 'review' on the home page. The comments that follow are laughable at best. TMAG seems to bring out the very best in some of our 'contributors'. A combination of homers and trolls.
[/quote]

I've always thought golfers have a bit of a denial defense mechanism going on with their purchases. I mean, who really wants to admit that the $500 dollar driver (or $2000 set of irons or $1000 putter) they just bought is a complete dud? Is anyone really going to troll their own purchase? This is one of the psychologies of ho'ing and marketing in general. All the salesperson has to do is get you to[i] think [/i]that you just walked out of the store with some rock star clubs. And by golly, you'll be telling yourself that since it just cost you some of your hard earned money! If not, you will be thinking of better things you could have put that good money towards and that club becomes your nightmare. This is too much to admit and face for some golfers.

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445776781' post='12503894']

[/quote]

I agree about Lydia... Also, after reading your post, senior shafts make sense to me all of a sudden... (duh)

But that's not why I'm posting, Forged, on page 5 you mentioned nose hairs, I bought one of those nose hair trimmers last year. You know,the one where the guy on the commercial is a loser until he buys it, then he trims his ears and nose, and this chick is all over him? Well, anyway, it works OK I guess, problem is I guess if you're young you don't need it and the chicks want you anyway, and if you're old like me, you can't see to use it. Now, on your nose, it pretty much goes in there, and rips out the hairs like a roto-rooter. At least they're gone, but my advice to any golfer is don't play for like 24 hours because your eyes get watery and you end up hitting into other fairways cause you can't see straight... :) However my wife still wants me.. yay
[/quote]

Well played, Ping. I was going to suggest to RP (forged) about the nose and hair "roto-rooter". Mrs C bought me one shortly after the dragging me across the truck incident.

Welcome aboard!
[/quote]

Yeah, ya gotta be careful too about using them on your ears like the guy in the commercial, three or four trimmings, and you're hooked, you have to start using it all the time, or you grow an ear beard... then if you don't trim it people either look at you like you're freaky... or they want to know all about how they can grow one too. And why do they put a little light on those those also? It's not like you wanna look way up in your nose...well, I don't, unless that bean is still up there from '62, or that mosquito from '74.... (I'll be back)

Oh boy. Now PingSomeNinety is going to turn this thread upside down and backwards with his posts. Less likes for all, more TOOLs and LOLs. He completes the thread circle.

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445787764' post='12504396']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Welcome aboard!
[/quote]

Yeah, ya gotta be careful too about using them on your ears like the guy in the commercial, three or four trimmings, and you're hooked, you have to start using it all the time, or you grow an ear beard... then if you don't trim it people either look at you like you're freaky... or they want to know all about how they can grow one too. And why do they put a little light on those those also? It's not like you wanna look way up in your nose...well, I don't, unless that bean is still up there from '62, or that mosquito from '74.... (I'll be back)
[/quote]

[color=#000000]Sixty your hair is the same color as mine but you have more of it. You think I could figure a way to train that ear beard? An ear beard comb over? A noststash?[/color]
[color=#000000][size=3]
[size=4]Welcome to Confessions! You are going to fit right in here :)[/size][/size][/color]

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445790682' post='12504570']
Oh boy. Now PingSomeNinety is going to turn this thread upside down and backwards with his posts. Less likes for all, more TOOLs and LOLs. He completes the thread circle.
[/quote]

We've created a monster! A cat 5 thread storm! Hang on and seek high ground! We might break the interweb!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

[/quote]

[/quote]

Welcome Sixty! I think you'll fit in perfectly here, lol.

Cobi (my wife) bought me a nose hair trimmer but I lost it. I need to
get another one. :D

You know what bugs women? BACK HAIR!! LOL. I don't have a whole lot
but Cobi buzzes it off when she grooms me each month.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445774442' post='12503812']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445754349' post='12503616']
MC, the G30s look nice. I like the dark color and the Nike-like Gamma
Blue accents. The lofts are jacked a little but it's no biggie IMO. If they
perform like the normal G series irons you can't go wrong. They've been
bending the trailing edge to make the soles not so wide and off putting
to the eyes since the G25s.

As you know, I have a set of G25s that I bought from PD and they are
great, especially with his custom paint job he did for me! I've only gotten
them dirty a few times, lol, but they are at the ready!

Ssshh, don't let D hear us..............................just kidding, lol.

I play 'em all..............from blades to shovels. Variety is the spice, right?

I mean a REAL man should be able to hit a blade or an SGI iron. :D
[/quote]

The Pings were never really on my radar, Rad. To be honest, I'm not sure I've ever hit a Ping iron before. It felt good. Wasn't paying attention to the sound but if it would've made a weird noise, I would've taken notice.

The G30 driver had a different sound than I'm used to. The numbers with it weren't too bad. I told the guy it was an inch shorter than my driver. He gave me a puzzled look and said it shouldn't be. The demos were all standard length. While I was hitting the 7 iron he got the stick out and measured it at 44.5. LMAO! I told him I can tell how many wraps of tape were under a standard grip too. I think he was a little surprised that a pudgy 48 year old in Levis and a tshirt could feel this stuff in a golf club. Lol. Super nice guy. Real friendly. Took me a little more serious after that though.

I told him to hit a few and he turned the machine around. His swing was nice. 105-110mph cold. The 3rd one didn't register. Said he felt like he hooked it. I told him he did. I said you got a little quick at the top and dumped your arms underneath then turned it over hard to try to save it. LMAO!! I guess I could've been right. ;) He just shook his head and "yup, you're right".

Anyhoo....that was my experience on a launch monitor and actually getting to see the numbers as well as hitting a Ping iron for the first time. I live such a sheltered little life in a small Midwestern town. I think next weekend Mrs C and I may venture out to the city. Probably St. Louis. It's closer than Chi town. Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith here I come. Probably Ikea too. They just opened one down there. Mrs C wants go.
[/quote]

MC, when you go also hit the S55s. One thing about Ping. They like lefties.
As far as I know ALL their clubs they make lefty available.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1445766951' post='12503720']

I think that, if money is no object AND if your swing "never" changes (i.e. head speed, toe down, etc), the right shaft could really make a game. I'll use the recent little fun testing and previous experience to try to explain myself...

[b]The same sort of thing goes along with my irons. I have been a DG S300 player forever (exception: The Hogan Radial irons when I started were whatever Hogan shaft they used). When I went to get fit for my MP-4 irons, they had me at 94MPH, 6 swing tempo - 4 toe down - 6 kick angle - 5 release factor which give me the DG X100 as the best fit. In the end, I went with DG S300 knowing I would rather be near the top of the range for a shaft than barely in the range.[/b]

... Now to add another twist to the tale, all shafts EXCEPT my Steelfiber are standard loft/lie/length. My irons are 1/2 in SHORTER by design for more control and I am still getting better club head speed!

... and now to win the lotto and see. :)
[/quote]

Great POST followed by my dumb-ice questions...

A) Is there a chart somewhere that lays out the same variables you just listed which matches up the shaft to these variables?

B) Why do YOU think the slightly shortened shaft increased clubhead speed for YOU? I totally believe you but wondered what's going on behind WHY.

Editorial comment: I "think" this has come up in posts here and there before on Wrx... I subscribe to there being a clear difference in swing speed and clubhead speed. Its likely to be viewed as me splitting nose hairs... but the swing has rhythm and tempo. That can and even will often have very little to do with actual clubhead speed. For sure, a golfer "can" speed up his shoulders or amp up his tempo.... but I personally maintain these individual elements of "speed" should not be confused with CLUB HEAD speed. The release itself... and all the kinetic doo-dads leading up to that release are what determines final club head speed.

That one is probably an eye-roller for you guys and I get that it might be...Sorry if so. Sometimes I post such things in part as a reminder of the things I personally took way too long before "getting it" - and may at times drag my buds into my own world a little too much.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Glad you happened along!

There was a post - General Golf Talk - where you shared a video your son put together for you. It was purposefully "aged" during editing and put to music.

If you still have it... wonder if you'd be able to share it here.

For those who haven't seen it...it's a VERY touching tribute Sixty's son paid to his Pop. This gang would LOVE it for sure if you wouldn't mind.

Since that post - I always found myself looking in on 60's posts. Also - forgive me if I'm wrong but I do believe you've mention diabetes if I'm not mistaken? Hope the eyes and circulatory system are cooperating.

You're definitely among friends here. We go a thousand miles and hour... often four convos going on at once - LOL. And no one gets all poopy about much one way or the other... just golfers yacking like a flock of hens. Dive in and out at will and have fun!

[quote name='scotee' timestamp='1445791204' post='12504588']
[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445787764' post='12504396']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Welcome aboard!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[color=#000000]Sixty your hair is the same color as mine but you have more of it. You think I could figure a way to train that ear beard? An ear beard comb over? A noststash?[/color]

[color=#000000][size=3][size=4]Welcome to Confessions! You are going to fit right in here :)[/size][/size][/color]
[/quote]

Yes you can train an ear beard (their customer service says). It may come in handy too, like in a restaurant, you may be given first preference (just to get you out quicker), it may get you a promotion at work (what boss wouldn't promote you?) however at WalMart statistics have shown at least as a customer there is no difference..
My neighbor tried it first on his dog (animals always take the hit in experimentation) so you might want to look before you leap...

[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1445769111' post='12503744']
OK I told you guys I never considered myself a great ball striker and here is proof this is my worn slap out VIP wedge

[attachment=3006512:20151013_172014.jpg]
[/quote]

I dunno Stu. Wedges that have that ONE wear spot on them are cool to look at. BUT...

We open them up, we shut them down. We move them forward and back in the stance. We apply more and then sometimes less shaft lean. We at times lift the heel and apply the old "chip-putt" technique.

That ONE exact wear spot in the exact center of the face of a wedge? Really cool when you see it but I always wonder when that one appears if the golfer showing that off only uses that one club for one type of shot. Could be wrong here.... but even a broken clock gets it right a couple of times daily. LOL.

Reminds me of a story my dad tells. (I think I have posted it before but I learned to retell stories from him and since I am sixtysumting I can now get away with it.) A regular customer with hardly any hair on top would come into dad's barbershop. He was extremely vain and fussy about his haircuts. He would complain and make him work hard to get it just right. One day my dads partner had had enough and said: "Fred, you're not fooling anyone with that comb over. Why don't you just let him cut it off." The guys neck started to get red and it rose to the top of his head and when he got up to leave he slammed the money down on the counter and said "Sonny, let me tell you something. I'll have hair on my head if I have to train in from my arm pits".

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445800333' post='12504928']
[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445799202' post='12504892']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Glad you happened along!

There was a post - General Golf Talk - where you shared a video your son put together for you. It was purposefully "aged" during editing and put to music.

For those who haven't seen it...it's a VERY touching tribute Sixty's son paid to his Pop. This gang would LOVE it for sure if you wouldn't mind.

Since that post - I always found myself looking in on 60's posts. Also - forgive me if I'm wrong but I do believe you've mention diabetes if I'm not mistaken? Hope the eyes and circulatory system are cooperating.

You're definitely among friends here. We go a thousand miles and hour... often four convos going on at once - LOL. And no one gets all poopy about much one way or the other... just golfers yacking like a flock of hens. Dive in and out at will and have fun!
[/quote]

It's epilepsy, but it's very well controlled. And my dear wife, the love of my life is a 20 year breast cancer survivor.
So yeah, my son and I do lots of videos. Long ago (100years) I played in several rock bands, and several of my friends made it pretty well, you would know them. Anyway, I don't know if this is the video you are talking about, but here's one of them... when I turned 64 this year we did this for my wife, I do the singing, my son does all the music...
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3dlgNQgm7Y"]https://www.youtube....h?v=m3dlgNQgm7Y[/url]
[/quote]

Bravo! Another rocker!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445800333' post='12504928']
[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445799202' post='12504892']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Glad you happened along!

[/quote]

It's epilepsy, but it's very well controlled. And my dear wife, the love of my life is a 20 year breast cancer survivor.
So yeah, my son and I do lots of videos. Long ago (100years) I played in several rock bands, and several of my friends made it pretty well, you would know them. Anyway, I don't know if this is the video you are talking about, but here's one of them... when I turned 64 this year we did this for my wife, I do the singing, my son does all the music...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3dlgNQgm7Y
[/quote]

That video is fantastic, Ping! Thank you for sharing!

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445798204' post='12504844']
[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1445766951' post='12503720']

I think that, if money is no object AND if your swing "never" changes (i.e. head speed, toe down, etc), the right shaft could really make a game. I'll use the recent little fun testing and previous experience to try to explain myself...

[b]The same sort of thing goes along with my irons. I have been a DG S300 player forever (exception: The Hogan Radial irons when I started were whatever Hogan shaft they used). When I went to get fit for my MP-4 irons, they had me at 94MPH, 6 swing tempo - 4 toe down - 6 kick angle - 5 release factor which give me the DG X100 as the best fit. In the end, I went with DG S300 knowing I would rather be near the top of the range for a shaft than barely in the range.[/b]

... Now to add another twist to the tale, all shafts EXCEPT my Steelfiber are standard loft/lie/length. My irons are 1/2 in SHORTER by design for more control and I am still getting better club head speed!

... and now to win the lotto and see. :)
[/quote]

Great POST followed by my dumb-ice questions...

A) Is there a chart somewhere that lays out the same variables you just listed which matches up the shaft to these variables?

B) Why do YOU think the slightly shortened shaft increased clubhead speed for YOU? I totally believe you but wondered what's going on behind WHY.

Editorial comment: I "think" this has come up in posts here and there before on Wrx... I subscribe to there being a clear difference in swing speed and clubhead speed. Its likely to be viewed as me splitting nose hairs... but the swing has rhythm and tempo. That can and even will often have very little to do with actual clubhead speed. For sure, a golfer "can" speed up his shoulders or amp up his tempo.... but I personally maintain these individual elements of "speed" should not be confused with CLUB HEAD speed. The release itself... and all the kinetic doo-dads leading up to that release are what determines final club head speed.

That one is probably an eye-roller for you guys and I get that it might be...Sorry if so. Sometimes I post such things in part as a reminder of the things I personally took way too long before "getting it" - and may at times drag my buds into my own world a little too much.
[/quote]

There seems to be so many things that contribute to clubhead speed. We were just watching video of Buzz's swing. It doesn't look overly fast yet, he creates a lot of speed through impact.

Watching the long drive guys. Most are big. Then you have Sadlowski. 5'11" and a 170. He's probably freaky strong for his size but not as strong as the big guys YET he creates as much if not more speed than the rest of them. I believe he was the only one to hit it 400 yards this year.

The theme of this thread rings true. So many ways to get it done.

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445806845' post='12505214']
Well, I played golf today. It was gorgeous out. Really nice day.

I kind of wish I was still playing.
[/quote]

Awesome, Nine! The weather has been awesome here too this past week and I'm always itching to get out on the course...one day, hopefully soon.

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445806845' post='12505214']
Well, I played golf today. It was gorgeous out. Really nice day.

I kind of wish I was still playing.
[/quote]

I just noticed your screen name is MILER. I was reading it as MILLER. LMAO!! DUH! :)

It was nice here today too. MC vs leaves. Round 1. I have huge Sycamores.

Hope you had a good round. Winter is coming.