The 9th circle of confession.

Nine Miler

Reason / n00b, in the login screen you can select "log in anonymously" as a check box. It is a feature for those private types and/or creepy lurker types.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445700465' post='12501052']
[

... And you know what the irony is? It was being trolled on WRX to begin with that pushed me to explore the complete physics of golf. And now I just want to share what I've learned with friends and anyone that wants a rational discussion and a healthy debate.

Also I want to mention that your support of what I have to say is much appreciated and I will NEVER forget that.
[/quote]

LMAO - For better or worse we live in a commercial world. There is an old saying...."Nothing happens until somebody sells something". The oldest profession in the world was about selling "something".

The problem for most of us male species is we think with our testicles. The ad man knows this so he strokes our ego more so than offering us fact. The troll? That poor bastage solves his problems with hit and run strategies - the thrill of leaving graffiti behind at someone else's expense.

Bring it on Berkley-Man. I'm going to troll you myself to get you inspired to become a shaft guru. You've got this clubhead design thing clobbered. I stand among the many who are baffled by what makes one shaft work while another doesn't and all I keep hearing is "trial and error" is the best teacher. There has to be some sort of science behind shafts. This is your next chapter.

So here is troll post to inspire you. LOL. Ready????

Any Berkley man worth his weight in cat pee would know what a golf shaft does and what makes one work better for some golfers while others don't....

Gauntlet is down Bro. Help us figure this one out!

Will you guys laugh at me if I replace my 5 iron with a hybrid? :)

The pro at my club ordered the new Titleist hybrid demo head in the 27 to see if I would like it. I've been practicing with my 5 iron a lot and am hitting it pretty well, it's my 165 to 170ish club and I did fire a little baby fade to about 4 feet with it last week. Headed to the shop in 12 minutes to get the grip for this shaft. Can't wait to get these two hybrids dialed in so I can be a threat from 175 to 185 yards. This will really help me from the 6600 and 7100 tee boxes. I don't like that some of the big hitters will try and push the match back to gain an advantage. I want to shoot the same differential from every tee box, and I think this is just the ticket.

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445662366' post='12500072']
[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445661881' post='12500052']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445661582' post='12500032']
Alright. I'm back on the grid and caught up. Good evening gentlemen.
[/quote]

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjX1LpSow_g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjX1LpSow_g[/url]
[/quote]

Howdy to you too.

Pigems, I had a buddy that got those PM Titleists when they came out. I still can't tell if they are good looking or not because of my inability to know what the heck a left handed club would look like translated to a right handed club.

I use to want a set of 962Bs bad. If they are anything like that, I'm sure they are good.
[/quote]

Couldn't you just stand in front of a mirror and look at a Lefty club so it looks Right handed lol. :D

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Reasy when you break down the basics of shafts, you have weight, length, flex, and kick point. I've been through this quite a bit, but the thing I find fascinating is how easily we adapt to new shafts. You put a guy on a monitor with a softer shaft and he releases the club smoother. A stiff shaft and he's holding off the release and slamming into the ball to try and get it up. The key for me with shafts is to find the flex that encourages me to make the best swipe. When I play stiff shafts I tend to swing harder and lose tempo. I can control the R300 so why not get a little distance. I do wonder if between hitting so many balls, the wear spot on the shaft, and swing changes if I don't need a new driver shaft. Kills me because I've hit that TiNi so well.

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445702006' post='12501134']
[/quote]

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjX1LpSow_g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjX1LpSow_g[/url]
[/quote]

Howdy to you too.

Pigems, I had a buddy that got those PM Titleists when they came out. I still can't tell if they are good looking or not because of my inability to know what the heck a left handed club would look like translated to a right handed club.

I use to want a set of 962Bs bad. If they are anything like that, I'm sure they are good.
[/quote]

Couldn't you just stand in front of a mirror and look at a Lefty club so it looks Right handed lol. :D
[/quote]

O.
M.
G.

This is going to change EVERYthing!

Hey bro, can you take some pics in the mirror of those, so I can tell if they are actually golf clubs?

Genius!

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1445698770' post='12500964']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445646414' post='12499242']
And a few comparison pics vs the 712's :)
[/quote]Bro, you've got no worries hittin all blades-

Have a great weekend :)

All the Best,
Richard
[/quote]

How did I miss this post Richard?? Thanks Bro!! I have been hitting them in the basement a bit today but can only take half swings due to 8' cielings lol. They feel Nice and I like that even though they're Blades they still have a good amount of Bounce too. I need that hahaha :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445702889' post='12501176']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445702341' post='12501154']
Nine these are for you Brosef ;)
[/quote]

They are gorgeous! It's like a whole new world.
[/quote]

One of the very few sets made for us Lefties only, the Mizzy TP-9's I had before and stupidly sold TWICE were a Lefty only model too I think. They had Zero Bounce up until the 9 irons or PW i think and it only had like 1/2* of bounce haha. They were Real Blades lol

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1445702113' post='12501142']
Reasy when you break down the basics of shafts, you have weight, length, flex, and kick point. I've been through this quite a bit, but the thing I find fascinating is how easily we adapt to new shafts. You put a guy on a monitor with a softer shaft and he releases the club smoother. A stiff shaft and he's holding off the release and slamming into the ball to try and get it up. The key for me with shafts is to find the flex that encourages me to make the best swipe. When I play stiff shafts I tend to swing harder and lose tempo. I can control the R300 so why not get a little distance. I do wonder if between hitting so many balls, the wear spot on the shaft, and swing changes if I don't need a new driver shaft. Kills me because I've hit that TiNi so well.
[/quote]

You're light years ahead of me on this one. I go in to one of those outdoor demo day tents at the course and the Miz guy says one thing. Next time the Callaway guy has another story. Up to this point its been predicated on what the flavor of the day "fitter" says.

All I know is my degree of lie angle evidently needs to be a couple of degrees up...length needs to be 3/4 to 1 inch longer than "standard" (whatever the heck "standard" is these days) - and a little bit lower kick point inside a fairly light but firm shaft. So what specific shaft would that be exactly? Clueless.

This circle always comes back to the same point. Trial and error. So am I supposed to reshaft my clubs a bazzilion times before I finally land on the answers? Evidently so. Sure seems like the longer road to trusting the sticks and just playing golf but I suppose that's going to be the way it works. (This is why I threw DeNinn under the bus... I'd truly like to know more).

Some (I believe Niner) have mentioned the shaft itself is really not that big of a deal at the end of the day. Others have said its make or break. I play whatever the fitter says the day I buy + what the instructor(s) have told me over the years. But true understanding?

Like I say - you and others here are light years ahead of me on this one. They're long and skinny. That sums up my understanding about them. Spending more time looking into the equipment forums. Trying to learn. Have to say 99% of what I read is highly subjective and/or about tipping and such. But I'm at least trying to get a handle on what is most important to know and what to ignore.

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445703406' post='12501208']
The TP9's
[/quote]My first Mizzy iron, lol

Circa, 1987, put em in the bag a week before the Club, replacing my 1978 Staff Tour Blades, which I put back in the bag in '82, replacing the 17's, which were ok, but they sure weren't the '76-80 Tour Blades.

Sooooooo began my Mizzy relationship :)

Oh yea, that Club that everyone from our Pro, Gary to my father and Pete said that I was crazy for droppin a new iron into the bag right before the tourney.......

That was my first Club :)

Ah, to be too young and too stupid to listen, comprehend and accept all that brilliant advice from the gallery :)

Stay Well Bros :)

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445704749' post='12501274']
The TP9's
[/quote]

NICE!!!!

Did you sell in the past because you didn't like the way they played? Was it more about just buying low and selling high?
[/quote]Bro, you recently had a set of 9's and sold em?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I just almost spit my coke out through my nose(I wasn't laughin) when I read Reason's post-

Please tell me nooooooooooo :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1445705458' post='12501326']
The TP9's
[/quote]

NICE!!!!

Did you sell in the past because you didn't like the way they played? Was it more about just buying low and selling high?

I just almost spit my coke out through my nose(I wasn't laughin) when I read Reason's post-

Richard
[/quote]

Yeah, sold the same set twice :( I never even played a round with them because they were so intimidating lol. Got them for $40 on kijiji a few years ago, traded them in towards other gear at the range, then bought them back the next spring, the sold them on the bst so they're gone forever now. I didn't really want to sell them the second time but my ex was pushing for me to clear out some of my extra gear I had at the time. Time to stock back up now though :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Another worthless factoid...

Sir Nicky won his 2nd(I mistakenly said 1st cuz I was thinkin it was '90, lol. Hey, I'm still better than 98% loaded on dilaudid, lmao) Masters, 1st Open Championship and World Match Play Championship with em-

They were a saweeeeeet iron :)

All the Best,
Richard

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1445706063' post='12501360']
Another worthless factoid...

Sir Nicky won his first Masters, Open Championship and World Match Play Championship with em-

They were a saweeeeeet iron :)

All the Best,
Richard
[/quote]

I knew he played them but didn't know which tournaments he won with them. That's really cool. They were sweet, felt awesome the odd time I did manage to find the tiny little sweet spot during the few times I had them at the range lol

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445705947' post='12501350']
The TP9's
[/quote]

NICE!!!!

Fairways &amp; Greens My Friend,
Richard
[/quote]

Yeah, sold the same set twice :( I never even played a round with them because they were so intimidating lol. Got them for $40 on kijiji a few years ago, traded them in towards other gear at the range, then bought them back the next spring, the sold them on the bst so they're gone forever now. I didn't really want to sell them the second time but my ex was pushing for me to clear out some of my extra gear I had at the time. Time to stock back up now though :D
[/quote]Those are Iconic irons, I would put them ahead of the 87's though all the bois would take the 87's-

Be that as it may, they are hands down one of the 3 top pure blades that have ever come out of Mizzy Land :)

Richard

Another worthless factoid regarding Knight Nicky-

Of his 9 PGA Tour Victories, 6 were Majors and the two Majors that he didn't bag, the US open & the PGA, he took a 2nd in the former and a T2 in the latter-

Say what ya will about him, He was a Champion and literally shattered a man's psyche to the point that he never recovered(Norman)-

THAt is makin a man your ......... :)

To do THAT would give me more satisfaction than the victory, hahaha

People will forget the tourney but hardly a day goes by, week for sure, where Norman does not think of Sir Nick or that day!!!!

THAT is priceless, lmao

HaHa, yea, I got issues :)

Golfingly Yours,
Richard

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1445706420' post='12501374']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445705947' post='12501350']
The TP9's
[/quote]

NICE!!!!

Fairways &amp; Greens My Friend,
Richard
[/quote]

[/quote]Those are Iconic irons, I would put them ahead of the 87's though all the bois would take the 87's-

Be that as it may, they are hands down one of the 3 top pure blades that have ever come out of Mizzy Land :)

Richard
[/quote]

Looks like Piggy is gonna have to find himself another set to become wall hangers then. And KEEP them this time lol :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445701046' post='12501090']
Reason / n00b, in the login screen you can select "log in anonymously" as a check box. It is a feature for those private types and/or creepy lurker types.
[/quote]

I wonder if it has anything to do with being on a phone. If I log out then log back in I show up at the bottom. If I close out then open it back up with my bookmark (on my phone) I'm still logged in. If I click on Full Version at the bottom to see if anyone is in here it'll show up as 0 members 0 guests 1 anonymous user at the bottom.

I always use the mobile version through my browser on my phone. Not the app.

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445702006' post='12501134']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Howdy to you too.

[/quote]

[/quote]

These freakin righties have no idea what we deal with. "Turn your left shoulder under your chin going back"....blah blah blah. Entitled bastards. Lmao! :):)

[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445706954' post='12501406']
[/quote]

I wonder if it has anything to do with being on a phone. If I log out then log back in I show up at the bottom. If I close out then open it back up with my bookmark (on my phone) I'm still logged in. If I click on Full Version at the bottom to see if anyone is in here it'll show up as 0 members 0 guests 1 anonymous user at the bottom.

[/quote]
UR an unbeknownst WRX ninja. Before logging in, click the "use full version" button at the bottom of the mobile version and then you'll see the anonymous log in option.

Friggin n00bz.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have to do it on the full version, rather than mobile. You are correct.

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445704457' post='12501254']
[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1445702113' post='12501142']
[/quote]

You're light years ahead of me on this one. I go in to one of those outdoor demo day tents at the course and the Miz guy says one thing. Next time the Callaway guy has another story. Up to this point its been predicated on what the flavor of the day "fitter" says.

All I know is my degree of lie angle evidently needs to be a couple of degrees up...length needs to be 3/4 to 1 inch longer than "standard" (whatever the heck "standard" is these days) - and a little bit lower kick point inside a fairly light but firm shaft. So what specific shaft would that be exactly? Clueless.

This circle always comes back to the same point. Trial and error. So am I supposed to reshaft my clubs a bazzilion times before I finally land on the answers? Evidently so. Sure seems like the longer road to trusting the sticks and just playing golf but I suppose that's going to be the way it works. (This is why I threw DeNinn under the bus... I'd truly like to know more).

Some (I believe Niner) have mentioned the shaft itself is really not that big of a deal at the end of the day. Others have said its make or break. I play whatever the fitter says the day I buy + what the instructor(s) have told me over the years. But true understanding?

Like I say - you and others here are light years ahead of me on this one. They're long and skinny. That sums up my understanding about them. Spending more time looking into the equipment forums. Trying to learn. Have to say 99% of what I read is highly subjective and/or about tipping and such. But I'm at least trying to get a handle on what is most important to know and what to ignore.
[/quote]

On graphite shafts the torque makes a difference for me. At least in feel. I once had a driver with a very low torque shaft that felt like rebar. I've hit an X shaft in a driver at a demo that felt like a noodle because of the higher torque number, rating, thingy.

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445707509' post='12501432']
[/quote]

[/quote]
UR an unbeknownst WRX ninja. Before logging in, click the "use full version" button at the bottom of the mobile version and then you'll see the anonymous log in option.

Friggin n00bz.
[/quote]

The option is there on the log in for mobile version too. It's not checked. I only show up after the first log in. When I close and reopen....I'm anonymous.

I can't see the list of people in the thread or the number of posts and likes using the mobile version either.