2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

The 9th circle of confession.

Nine Miler

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445571017' post='12495150']
[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1445570347' post='12495102']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445570032' post='12495078']
Hey Buzz, I made three eagles on the back nine at Tam O' Shanter a couple weeks ago. That was an interesting side of golf.
[/quote]

3 on one side is something I've never done. I have a feeling if I ever did I would most likely have some doubles to even her out.
[/quote]

I made an absolute ton of eagles this year. It was bizarre. I also made and eagle on three separate occasions in tournaments and didn't get the honor on the next tee.

It was a bonkers year for eagles. Truly. I'll bet I made nearly 20 of them.
[/quote]

I didn't have any eagles this year. I usually have a couple. 5 years ago I made 5 or 6. Of course, I played 85 or 90 rounds a year back then.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1445565303' post='12494728']
First ever PD personal pictures.

Here's a family selection.

My lovely wife and I (I'm fond of this photo as it was taken while my son was in-utero).

[attachment=3003666:Daddy 2.jpg]

My eldest Peanut and I at a 'Super Hero Takeover' fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis this weekend.

[attachment=3003668:Daddy 3.jpg]

My youngest Peanut and I engaging in a tickle contest.

[attachment=3003672:Daddy 4.jpg]

Thankfully my children take after the PeanutsMommy ; )
[/quote]

Great pics PD! So good to finally put a face to the great posts I read!
And beautiful family! And I have no idea why you were hiding your
handsome face from us.

Also, great pics form Nine and Ham and Buzz and KIC. All great looking
people in this thread. Nine, your son is gonna need a smart phone soon,
lol.

Buzz, whatever you do, don't screw that up! LOL She's a beauty. Better
take her off the market, bro, LMAO.

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445553137' post='12493768']
Here we are again.

The following bits and pieces in reference to 9 are in honor of the diversity of folks, ideas, expertise, non-expertise and brand of humor that has spawned the existence of this, the ninth edition of the confession thread.

According to Yoga, the human body has nine doors - two eyes, two ears, the mouth, two nostrils, and the openings for defecation and procreation.

Nine (九 pinyin jiǔ) is considered a good number in Chinese culture because it sounds the same as the word "long-lasting"

The Ennead is a group of 9 Egyptian deities, who, in the some versions of the Osiris myth, judged whether Horus or Set should inherit Egypt.

In Greek mythology, it takes nine days (for an anvil) to fall from heaven to earth, and nine more to fall from earth to Tartarus—a place of torment in the underworld.

In ancient European culture, The Nine Worthies are nine historical, or semi-legendary figures who, in the Middle Ages, were believed to personify the ideals of chivalry.

In here we are on cloud nine. We go the whole nine yards. We dress to the nines, or sometimes in homemade bell bottoms. Sometimes we wonder how many a stitch in time saves. We play the front, and the back.

While I humbly accept the nomination to start this thread, I invite Reasonability to lay out the standard in the first post.
[/quote]
Fluorine is the ninth element of the periodic table. It is best known and is somewhat controversial as a drinking water additive (as fluoride) for dental hygiene purposes. It is a key component in polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) piping and teflon. Hydrofluoric acid (HF) feels like water but is quickly absorbed into the skin and will eat your bones by reacting with the calcium.

In Greek mythology there are nine muses that represent all of the arts. Euterpe represents music. Here is her embodiment:

https://youtu.be/Jt42idjBF0I

You were right again, too. You do make a good front man.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1445566545' post='12494822']
[quote name='Palauan Hammer' timestamp='1445565662' post='12494756']
PD, brother!! You completely different than I imagined, and your no slouch in the looks department (In the most Hetero way LOL)!! Excellent pics, and a beautiful family!! :D
[/quote]

I was going to post this picture (taken shortly after our most recent blade vs CB discussion) but chose a few photos that showcased my better side (my family ; )

[attachment=3003686:Daddy 5.JPG]

PS - you must have pictured a tall, thin, blond haired Canadian boy. Sorry to disappoint Hammy.
[/quote]

Not disappointed at all PDizzle!! As others have said, it's just nice to put faces to names! :)

Man, there is still a MAJOR difference between a plus and those of us in the "low" single digit handicaps. The best round I ever had (68) was 6 birdies and 2 bogeys (hated those holes I bogeyed as I never was able to par them while in Alabama). The second best was a 70 with 5 birdies and 3 bogeys... and I thought I killed it out there on both rounds. Needless to say, great players back up birdies with more (or at least par) while guys like me back it up with a bogey. Example: The back 9 at TPC Scottsdale... birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey, bogey, par, birdie, bogey, double. Yeah... that's some serious consistency, huh?

I am a strange player when it comes down to it... I putt for crap (my own view of my putting, and yes I am hard on myself) so I better hit it close to have a chance at going low. When the driver is on and hitting fairways (hit 12/14 last round, but not very far) I usually end up hacking around the irons and missing greens. I have no idea how you can be accurate off the tee but not from the fairway with a shorter club (irons), but I excel at it. :)
When the irons get hot, I'm hitting "hero" shots from the rough to get to the green after hitting tee balls into all sorts of long rough or near trees. Of course, my version of "hot" means getting it onto the green or at least close from bad lies. It doesn't mean consistently hitting it inside 15 feet... if it did, I wouldn't be playing for fun but for cash prizes on a tour somewhere in the world. There are days when the putter wants to work for me, but it is usually when I haven't hit a green all day and am just trying to survive poor play without going into "anger mode" and not having any fun out there.

That 68 and the 70 were days when everything worked well together, putter included, but they are very far and few between. Come to think of it, they are the only 2 rounds under par I have ever had in my life. When I was working at a course in the summer during college, I would be able to play the front side even on a rather tough course... but seeing as I never got to play past the 13th hole before the sun set, I was never able to get comfortable with the last holes and would blow up.

Oh well, such is life on the golf course. It almost makes me miss ice hockey... except the injuries. No, I started much too late (30's on ice) to ever get any good but I do have 5 "Anaheim Ice Cups" in 5 years to my name. :) I've got a lot of "almost" titles to my name, but nothing I consider spectacular.
- 1 Spring "Major" tennis championship in singles (as close to spectacular as I get)
- 2nd place little league baseball team (one year, every other team I played on stunk the place up and finished 5th or 6th out of 6 teams)
- 3 JV tennis league championships
- 1 Varsity golf league championship (only played once that counted, and I stunk it up)
- T-4 finish in the UCSB Longboard Championships my Jr. year
- 1 roller hockey title at UCSB
- best golf tourney finish was T-12 (16 played) as a teen, and yes the winner was a certain "Eldrick Woods" who beat me by 19 strokes if I recall correctly. :)

You know what they say ... nice guys finish ... somewhere in the middle to back of the pack.

[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1445581032' post='12495472']
Man, there is still a MAJOR difference between a plus and those of us in the "low" single digit handicaps. The best round I ever had (68) was 6 birdies and 2 bogeys (hated those holes I bogeyed as I never was able to par them while in Alabama). The second best was a 70 with 5 birdies and 3 bogeys... and I thought I killed it out there on both rounds. Needless to say, great players back up birdies with more (or at least par) while guys like me back it up with a bogey. Example: The back 9 at TPC Scottsdale... birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey, bogey, par, birdie, bogey, double. Yeah... that's some serious consistency, huh?

I am a strange player when it comes down to it... I putt for crap (my own view of my putting, and yes I am hard on myself) so I better hit it close to have a chance at going low. When the driver is on and hitting fairways (hit 12/14 last round, but not very far) I usually end up hacking around the irons and missing greens. I have no idea how you can be accurate off the tee but not from the fairway with a shorter club (irons), but I excel at it. :)
When the irons get hot, I'm hitting "hero" shots from the rough to get to the green after hitting tee balls into all sorts of long rough or near trees. Of course, my version of "hot" means getting it onto the green or at least close from bad lies. It doesn't mean consistently hitting it inside 15 feet... if it did, I wouldn't be playing for fun but for cash prizes on a tour somewhere in the world. There are days when the putter wants to work for me, but it is usually when I haven't hit a green all day and am just trying to survive poor play without going into "anger mode" and not having any fun out there.

That 68 and the 70 were days when everything worked well together, putter included, but they are very far and few between. Come to think of it, they are the only 2 rounds under par I have ever had in my life. When I was working at a course in the summer during college, I would be able to play the front side even on a rather tough course... but seeing as I never got to play past the 13th hole before the sun set, I was never able to get comfortable with the last holes and would blow up.

Oh well, such is life on the golf course. It almost makes me miss ice hockey... except the injuries. No, I started much too late (30's on ice) to ever get any good but I do have 5 "Anaheim Ice Cups" in 5 years to my name. :) I've got a lot of "almost" titles to my name, but nothing I consider spectacular.
- 1 Spring "Major" tennis championship in singles (as close to spectacular as I get)
- 2nd place little league baseball team (one year, every other team I played on stunk the place up and finished 5th or 6th out of 6 teams)
- 3 JV tennis league championships
- 1 Varsity golf league championship (only played once that counted, and I stunk it up)
- T-4 finish in the UCSB Longboard Championships my Jr. year
- 1 roller hockey title at UCSB
- best golf tourney finish was T-12 (16 played) as a teen, and yes the winner was a certain "Eldrick Woods" who beat me by 19 strokes if I recall correctly. :)

You know what they say ... nice guys finish ... somewhere in the middle to back of the pack.
[/quote]

Best round I have is 1 over. I have shot 71 on par 70s and 73 on par 72s several times. Can't seem to get it under for 18. I can for 9. Lol.

Funniest round I had was an even par 36 on the front 9. I never had a par. I stood on the 9th tee at +2. Short par 5 with a green guarded in the front by a creek. Hit 5w to 40 feet and drained it for eagle to shoot even. Putt had about 6 feet of break and I stood over the ball and knew I was going to make it. Lol. I don't remember what I shot on the back. It couldn't of been good or I would've remembered.

[/quote]

I like the phrase "nice things happen to nice people" instead.

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445582296' post='12495492']
[/quote]

I like the phrase "nice things happen to nice people" instead.
[/quote]

Tomato ... to-mah-to ... pear, or something like that.

PD, maybe we need to do a fishing trip too? Lake St.Clair is right there for both of us. We can take Peanut? He might like it? Can't do photo on here. New PC and all pics. are on old one. lol Plus this thread would probably get shut down if I downloaded a pic of me?! :cheesy:

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

TP5

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1445566396' post='12494812']
1. My first Oreo as a toddler
[attachment=3003678:image.jpeg]

2. A couple snapshots of some monster smallmouth bass I caught in one of the best smallie fisheries in the world (Lake St Clair). Fishing is one of my favorite hobbies
[attachment=3003680:image.jpeg][attachment=3003682:image.jpeg]

3. The good ol "A" league playoff and state champ trophies a couple years ago in hockey [attachment=3003684:image.jpeg]
[/quote]

Love the Smallie and Northern Pics guys. Do have one secret spot down here where I can catch a few Smallies and Walleyes, but no Pike that I know of.

9 holes is half of a round of golf. For me, it's where I learn how many strokes I can stand on the back and still break 80. If it requires me to shoot better than even par, a trip to the clubhouse for a couple of cans of swing oil may be order. Only playing nine holes is better than not getting to play at all.

Seriously, you guys look GREAT!!!

What are the odds of gettin this many good lookin guys in one thread?!?

Only on WRX could this be done, lmao, the land of the AVERAGE 304yd drive, 202yd 7 irons and a potpourri of little stud muffins that hit em :)

Well, if given the choice I always take a solo shot cuz I mean, why share the spotlight, lol?!?

Though I did include a shot from '88 when I had hair and ya wouldn't be leery of introducing me to your Mom, at one of my good friend's party the night before Thanksgiving and I'd come straight from the airport and a business trip, hence the zoot suit, and yes, they are Trafalgar LE, lmao. I'm not as small as I might appear at 215ish cuz the guy next to me was 6'4, 240ish and a former OG at WVU and and the red headed step child next to him, same height, 270ish and a former DT at PSU. Super guys!!

Anyhoo, thanks for postin these pics, lol, Maddie said that it was only a matter of time before you guys became as vain as me, LMAO

Women ;)

Have a great day Bros :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

BTW Richard great stuff on Sam in the last thread. Sam was always smiling when Hogan was scowling. I loved Sam's swing AND demeanor.

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1445605181' post='12496028']

Only on WRX could this be done, lmao, the land of the AVERAGE 304yd drive, 202yd 7 irons and a potpourri of little stud muffins that hit em :)

Well, if given the choice I always take a solo shot cuz I mean, why share the spotlight, lol?!?

Though I did include a shot from '88 when I had hair and ya wouldn't be leery if introducing me to your Mom, at one of my good friend's party the night before Thanksgiving and I'd come straight from the airport and a business trip, hence the zoot suit, and yes, they are Trafalgar LE, lmao. I'm not as small as I might appear at 215ish cuz the guy next to me was 6'4, 240ish and a former OG at WVU and and the red headed step child next to him, same height, 270ish and a former DT at PSU. Super guys!!

Anyhoo, thanks for postin these pics, lol, Maddie said that it was only a matter of time before you guys became as vain as me, LMAO

Women ;)

Richard
[/quote]

These are fine looking young men, RP!!

BUT, do they have Swagger and 'Tude!!

A tribute, my man......to us!! ;)

http://youtu.be/j13oJajXx0M

Edit: Maddie sounds like Mrs. C. Do you ever get told: "Get over yourself"?
LMAO! If I had a dollar, bro!

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445605427' post='12496032']
BTW Richard great stuff on Sam in the last thread. Sam was always smiling when Hogan was scowling. I loved Sam's swing AND demeanor.
[/quote]No kidding, and it's amazing you brought this up cuz back in the late 80's, I forget the exact year but we were sittin at Pete's bs'n, waiting for him to finish up and we were goin to grab a bite(it's hard for me to believe but at that time Madison had just graduated HS and was having pre-frosh jitters, lmao. Lord, I still have the cradle, lol)-

Well, I'd been looking through some of Pete's books(Amazzzzzzzing golf library) and in pics of them together, while in most of the Masters pics of em together Hogan was smiling, there were just as many where he was either stone faced or had sort of a smirk or forced half laugh, lol.

In every one Sam was smiling-(sorry, initially put Ben was smiling, lol, Meds time :) )

I'll had a long talk with Pete later about this and I'll post it when I got more time cuz it's a pretty interesting look into the dynamics of their relationship.

Anyhoo, Sam just looked at me, smiled and winked, hahaha

All I'll say now is that He was keenly aware, lol

He was much more socially, golf and just all around sharper than Hogan ever gave him credit for-

Till we speak again, Stay Well My Friend :)

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1445609138' post='12496270']
42 degrees on the thermometer in the garage while I get ready for the Friday skins match. They keep out tee time early because the guys behind us claim we have too many times in the morning. Trying to turn 5 into 50 again fellas. Momma needs a new pair of shoes.
[/quote]

Go get em, bro!!

Right handed blade lovers anyone?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/PLAYER-OWNED-FORGED-WILSON-FG59-PURED-3-PW-Gorgeous-clubs-/301770047519?nav=SEARCH

[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445609645' post='12496308']
[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1445609138' post='12496270']
42 degrees on the thermometer in the garage while I get ready for the Friday skins match. They keep out tee time early because the guys behind us claim we have too many times in the morning. Trying to turn 5 into 50 again fellas. Momma needs a new pair of shoes.
[/quote]

Go get em, bro!!

Right handed blade lovers anyone?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/PLAYER-OWNED-FORGED-WILSON-FG59-PURED-3-PW-Gorgeous-clubs-/301770047519?nav=SEARCH
[/quote]
Dude that set should be enough to make you switch to right handed. I soooo want to hit the FG59s. And some Founders Club 200s. And some Ram Tour Grinds. And some Snakes Eyes Smith and Wessons. And some Mac VIPs. And the new Hogan Apexes. And some Scratch SB1s. And more JDM blades. And... (...sorry, getting carried away now...)

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445607242' post='12496140']

Edit: Maddie sounds like Mrs. C. Do you ever get told: "Get over yourself"?
LMAO! If I had a dollar, bro!
[/quote]LMAO x 2!!!!!!!

Bro, and I've said this before, between Pete, Madison and my Sis sayin that, and Pete always said that I wouldn't even have to put my name on my headstone cuz if I just put "Please, get over yourself," anyone who knew me and was visiting would know who's stone it was, LMAO :)

I've copied/pasted this text from Madison this past Saturday:

"Sweetie, I love u 2 pieces but you've got 2 get over yourself, lol. I cannot stop a lesson in mid swing to take your call!!!! :) I know you were joking(I hope, haha) but you know I book consecutively. I realize that you were very medicated but you sounded genuinely hurt that I didn't answer your calls. During that time period, just talk with the boys. AML, M :) "

Dude, that's verbatim, lmao

Oh, the "boys" she is referring to?

You Gents, lol

So yea, I've heard that a time or two, hahaha

That video was great!!!

No, that room had two things in it that night that I refer to as "T&T," 'tude and testosterone, lmao

Swagger, me maybe, my boys to my left?

They were white offensive linemen-

Bulls in a china shop, lmao

But if ya wanted to make a long lasting impression on the owner of that china shop??

None better, LMAO

Oh, regarding Maddie on the practice tee, well I was kidding........

Sorta ;)

Stay Well Bro and have a great weekend :)

Always,
Richard

Palmer has often told the story of how Hogan commented in the Augusta Clubhouse that he (Palmer) was an example of how they'd "let anybody" into the Masters. Palmer is not known for telling too many "ugly" stories. So I'm among those who buys-in to the fact that Hogan was likely very warm and friendly inside of a very small circle of friends and was otherwise an anti-social, snobby, jerk-weed.

So Hogan's legacy is three fold.
[list]
[*]Incredible golfer with a swing others have lost their compass trying to copy
[*]Incredible story of recovery from a car wreck
[*]Jerk-weed
[/list]
I have no clue WHY... but I can accept that folks like Ray Nitschke (Green Bay under Lombardi) was labeled as a nasty - dirty - MF footballer. Hey that was his JOB. So he piled on - he threw dirt in the opponents face - he played "dirty" in ways...(allegedly). He played football when people played to win and the rule book was nothing like it is today. THAT WAS HIS JOB.

It was never any golfer's job to be a jerk-weed. If he chose that strategy - then he either had issues of his own and all around him had to pay the price OR he was terribly mislabeled.

Can't wait to hear more about how Sam got in his head. I'll venture this guess. Sam enjoyed getting in Hogan's head simply because Hogan wanted to dish it out but couldn't take it. I'll further wager that other golfers and Sam were great buds and all that nonsense was never on the table cause they respected each other enough to not even need to go there.

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1445605181' post='12496028']

Though I did include a shot from '88 when I had hair and ya wouldn't be leery if introducing me to your Mom, at one of my good friend's party the night before Thanksgiving and I'd come straight from the airport and a business trip, hence the zoot suit, and yes, they are Trafalgar LE, lmao. I'm not as small as I might appear at 215ish cuz the guy next to me was 6'4, 240ish and a former OG at WVU and and the red headed step child next to him, same height, 270ish and a former DT at PSU. Super guys!!

Women ;)

Richard
[/quote]

It's the $!tz getting old. In that wedding pic I posted I had a thin bod and thick hair and now it's all reversed. And that nose and ear hair.............. :(

And some beautiful ladies still love us!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445623061' post='12497540']
Got the irons, ended up passing on the woods as I might be going Downtown with a few buddies tonight lol. BLADES!¡! Whoohoo!¡!
[/quote]
Are you hitting that Long Bong Driver (tm) again? I count four MAWBBs and five blades.

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445624775' post='12497668']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445623061' post='12497540']
Got the irons, ended up passing on the woods as I might be going Downtown with a few buddies tonight lol. BLADES!¡! Whoohoo!¡!
[/quote]
Are you hitting that Long Bong Driver (tm) again? I count four MAWBBs and five blades.
[/quote]

Hahahaha close enough? Lol

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Here's a few more pics now that I'm home from work. Gonna try to get them cleaned up a bit tonight and then get over to get them specs checked some time over the weekend. :)

Edit: I already had the old Titleist wedges from a while ago but they go awesome with these irons :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2