The 9th circle of confession.

Nine Miler

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445701046' post='12501090']
Reason / n00b, in the login screen you can select "log in anonymously" as a check box. It is a feature for those private types and/or creepy lurker types.
[/quote]Yep :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445707725' post='12501450']
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/159978-nick-faldos-equipment/

One of the more epic threads on WRX. Also, a great look into the older Mizuno stuff, as well as a lot of cool stuff on Sir Nick.
[/quote]Yep, excellent thread-

He also had the 87's in the bag for a period, sans the "TN-87"

Later Ed->10/23/15, 2:14pm- I stand corrected. While he hit the 87s, he did not bag em in a tourney. He basically stayed with the 9's. HaHa, my Bud Dave does fill in the gaps nicely, lol :) RP II

For whatever reason(he too found em overrated, LMAO) the 9's went back in the bag-

We often ask, what would they play if they weren't gettin paid, and the only two times that Sit Nick hasn't had a sponsor, he's had Mizzy in the bag, most recently as a Champions Player-

Have a nice weekend Bro :)

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[url="http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec/18/entertainment/la-et-book-20101218"]http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec/18/entertainment/la-et-book-20101218[/url]

Hearing about Stu suggesting he and RP would bet on anything.... how Matt is busting chops in his skins games... I got curious about golf and gambling....

Titanic Thompson - Wow - lived large and was clearly one of those guys who felt like you can't take it with you so may as well go-for-broke.

Would loved to have been at greenside when he tried to out-bet folks in the Floyd / Trevino deal. Wonder how Hogan reacted around THIS guy????

Anyway - quite the story. Thought you buds might enjoy it.

I played golf in Florida in college. My college coach was friends with the Floyd family and played in college with Robert.

He told me a story about a money game Ray played in at Indian Creek. He was giving up a bunch of shots to a local money player. Ray was against the ropes coming down to the wire and chipped in on 18 to win the match.

The gentleman he was playing against was beside himself as he had lost the bet for a heavy sum and was giving Ray the business about not giving up enough strokes.

Ray was frustrated as well because he knew he had played well, and didn't feel like the gentleman was justified in asking for more weight. Ray added up the card- and said, Jesus how many more strokes do you want, I just shot 59!

Nice story, Niner ^^^^ having never had any "real" money I've never been much of a gambler. It intrigues me when guys are playing for tens of thousands.

Judge, here's a great place to start:

post-108063-0-71738100-1311024637_thumb.jpg

Probably the KBS Tour 90 in a stiff, or even DG XP 95 in the S300 would be good choices.

You should definitely find a place to hit them. Being lefty I struggle with finding a place that has a full fitting cart of LH shafts, so I have bought just one club in the shaft I'm interested in or buy a single shaft and throw it into an extra 6 iron head I have at home. Then I can hit 6 iron against the 6 iron in my set back to back and watch ball flight.

I would be very wary of what vendors and reps tell you. Just like our good buddy DaNinjitsu likes to say, too much marketing at work. There's a pretty easy "give and take" to figure out between weight and flex. Where you're getting into contradictory wants is "light" and "stiff." That's the silver bullet. Basically a rep is going to ask you how far you hit driver or watch you hit one and then tell you that you don't hit the ball far enough and should get a superlight shaft. I think they feel horrible and don't know if I could ever get used to a 60 or 70 gram shaft in an iron. You can get into tipping the shafts and all kinds of other stuff, but in my opinion if you're a hobby club builder and are into it or have a fitter you love and you enjoy tweaking stuff then go for it, but totally not necessary. Like I wrote in an earlier post, I've hit 5 or 6 different shafts this season looking for the holy grail and the good old R300 is the best shaft for me.

OK I am on board the Westbound #9--- thats an old beach music song

I had to toss you a shout out in the intro.

And for Richard- that's me on the left.

Richard - here's one for ya... I'm on the one on the right :)

10959667_10205640750043179_2369784925595113078_n%201_zpseuopmztf.jpg

Ok, Madison is too embarrassed to post this, even under my feminine side( :) ), so I will-

Well, it's raining here so her lessons got scrubbed and she called me and I asked her if she had seen all of your pics at the beginning of the thread and she said that she had-

While she agreed with me that all of you are good looking Guys, which let's be honest here, that defies statistical probability-

Be that as it may, she then said something that surprised me-

"Niner, Palauan and Matthew are rock stars"

I responded "pardon me?"

Her reply, "you heard me, Niner, Palauan and Matthew are rock stars"

Ya see, Dave and I have been saying that since our teen years to classify someone, anyone, male or female who we considered to be top of the chart great looking-

So Madison picked this up from me(see, some things of mine do rub off, hahaha)

Being totally honest here, I am not rock star good looking-

Don't get me wrong, I'm nice looking, and as long as my left eye doesn't "die," and I get that milky white glazing over it, I will remain so-

I've never been the best looking guy in most rooms that I've walked into, going back to childhood though I am attractive enough, that when combined with my personality and carriage, well, I cross the rock star threshold, haha

Not a brag....

Fact-

I'll just say or type what others think but won't :)

Dave(my BFF) has rock star looks-

Niner has rock star looks-

Palauan has rock star looks-

Matthew has rock star looks-

But just as there is more to being a Player on the course than just launching tee balls, so to is there more to life than being rock star good looking-

But I'll tell ya one thing.......

Just like with the long tee ball, it sure makes all that follows easier if ya got Game

So Hats off Gents. Cuz I will say that Madison has good taste, lol-

LMAO, sometimes I read my stuff and it's like "WhereITF did that come from," LMAO

Oh, and you wouldn't believe the number of Ladies that like guys in pink, lol

Even Dave was like "Dude, WTF?" LMAO

I like to think it was my eyes and smile, LMAO

Oh Lord, it's Madison, haha, gotta run :)

Wait till she reads this, LMAO

Then it's nap time :)

Keeping up with the Rock Stars is sooooo mentally draining, lmao!!

**LMAO, I can't post more than one post/pic above so I had to post Niner's below- RP II

Oh, and that's my Boy with his Lovely Bride(3rd)- Ha, the second one actually tried to blame me, lmao. We were at a cookout and she had a little too much to drink and started in on him. Well, Dave gets up and asks me if I would take her home as he was leaving. I couldn't stand her but obviously I said no problem. So she asks for my keys to go get her purse and put it in my SUV. I give em to her and Dave, I and a little circle of guys are standing there shooting the breeze and my back was to her/my SUV but a guy in the circle who's in front of me facing her says, "holy s***," lol, so I and Dave turn(he was to my immediate left) and it's his wife coming towards us with an iron and he makes a move forward to try to get it out of her hands before she could swing, thinking, as were all of us, that Dave's head was the intended ball, lmao.

She says, "get out of my way, I'm gonna kill him." She was talkin about ME.

WTF?!?!?

And that's EXACTLY what Dave asked her, LMAO.

Well, she blamed me for his behavior.

HaHa, needless to say, I didn't give her a ride home.

Oh, and the iron that she had in her hand?

It was my friggin 33, LMAO :)

This preceded Tiger's wedge incident by 3 years, lol

Women ;)

Anyhoo, he's a Great Great Guy, he just should never marry, lmao

All the Best,

Richard

Well, I certainly appreciate the compliment Richard and Madison. I've always felt like looks are very subjective. It mattered to me much more when I was a single man, and I had a theory that there were some women that simply didn't find me attractive. No matter how charming I was there was no chance. Then there was a very small percentage of women that thought I was super handsome. I could do no wrong in their eyes. The vast majority of women aren't so shallow and as long as you're in about the top 85 percentile then "you're handsome enough." Those were the ones that if we could find a mutual attraction that was bigger than just physical then there was nothing holding back the physical either.

Ninja, when you have a minute I'd like to hear what you think of the physics of choking down on the shaft. It obviously shortens the "lever" and the shot is shorter, but I can't figure out exactly why it seems to stiffen the shaft and hold the trajectory down. I don't ever feel like the shaft fully loads or releases on a choked down shot. I was practicing that lower trajectory shot today. I really need to use that one more frequently. It's so reliable. If there's anything holding me back, like the lie, then I just need to choke down a full inch take two more clubs and hit a little cut. I feel like that's the least likely shot to mishit very badly in my entire repertoire.

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445713121' post='12501684']
[url="http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec/18/entertainment/la-et-book-20101218"]http://articles.lati...t-book-20101218[/url]

Hearing about Stu suggesting he and RP would bet on anything.... how Matt is busting chops in his skins games... I got curious about golf and gambling....

Titanic Thompson - Wow - lived large and was clearly one of those guys who felt like you can't take it with you so may as well go-for-broke.

Would loved to have been at greenside when he tried to out-bet folks in the Floyd / Trevino deal. Wonder how Hogan reacted around THIS guy????

Anyway - quite the story. Thought you buds might enjoy it.
[/quote]Pretty good story but not as sure some of it is not exactly factual. The lemon deal was actually a peanut loaded with steel shot and glued back together. My dad knew Titanic well and Titanic came to our course a couple of times. I remember him from when I was a kid. He came out late one afternoon after all the gamblers had left and wanted to know if we had 50 feet of garden hose. The old man said sure take him down to the barn and get what he wants. We actually got one of the sprinkler hoses so we could fill it up by the green and cap it off. Now remember I was only 12 years old or something like that. Titanic asked me what time I got up in the morning I told him around 4 or 5 . He told me to let the filled hose sit all night and pick it up about 6:30 or so and he would give me $20. Of course I was in awe of him from watching him and hearing stories of him i would have done it for free. Anyhow next morning he took a bunch of bets that he could make that 50 ft putt 1 out of 3 balls. The first 2 he delibertly missed then the guys doubled up and he ran the 3rd one home center cup. Those dumb arses never looked to see the artificial break but paid off. There are a few Titanic stories in a book called Drive For Show and putt for Dough memoirs of a golf hustler by Leon Crump. A lot of those stories in that book happened at our course and i saw them first hand. My old man is mentioned quite a few times in that book. If you get a copy I bet you will figgure out who my old man is by knowing my name.
One thing the guy was correct on most gamblers made and lost a lot of money and died broke. My old man was no exception. My wife and I had to pay to put him and Step Mom in the ground

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1445689424' post='12500552']
Nine, you had me at Scotch!

Pigs, we had a set like that come through the store. 9/10 condition wise. These were mint! One of the guys I worked with is a lefty, got them for $75.

Just when I think I have it narrowed down to what irons I want for next yr., then I read DeNinny's posts and he gets me wondering?! Too confusing?!
[/quote]

LOL Golf64, I hope my posts are crystal clear because I truly don't want to be confusing to anyone about what I'm saying about the physics of golf. I know you always recommend people to "play the most forgiving iron that you can stand to look at". Have you ever considered ever just playing the baddest looking set that you just WANT to play? And if not, why not? Play the set that makes you feel like a freaking rock star, my man! Seriously. That's my personal and professional opinion.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445729566' post='12502440']
[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1445689424' post='12500552']
Nine, you had me at Scotch!

Pigs, we had a set like that come through the store. 9/10 condition wise. These were mint! One of the guys I worked with is a lefty, got them for $75.

Just when I think I have it narrowed down to what irons I want for next yr., then I read DeNinny's posts and he gets me wondering?! Too confusing?!
[/quote]

LOL Golf64, I hope my posts are crystal clear because I truly don't want to be confusing to anyone about what I'm saying about the physics of golf. I know you always recommend people to "play the most forgiving iron that you can stand to look at". Have you ever considered ever just playing the baddest looking set that you just WANT to play? And if not, why not? Play the set that makes you feel like a freaking rock star, my man! Seriously. That's my personal and professional opinion.
[/quote]

I Agree! As long as they are to You're Specs :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I for one feel violated.

I missed the memo that I was submitting photos for a rock star contest. I didn't even cut my hair, shave my scruff and bust out my guitar.

It's all good Madison. My wife thinks I'm dead sexy and that's really all that matters.

PS - Your sarcasm meter needs to be turned way up to fully comprehend this post : )

Love you Richard.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Reason,

I wholeheartedly support Matt's position on shafts. That's a 'bang on' explanation in my books.

No sarcasm in this post.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Kevin Na is playin some fine Golf-

Hopefully he can capitalize on it this weekend!

He's a good Dude, major talent, he just has a few holes in his mental armamentarium, that appear at inopportune moments in time-

It's nice when good guys win, lol

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445701591' post='12501108']

Bring it on Berkley-Man. I'm going to troll you myself to get you inspired to become a shaft guru. You've got this clubhead design thing clobbered. I stand among the many who are baffled by what makes one shaft work while another doesn't and all I keep hearing is "trial and error" is the best teacher. There has to be some sort of science behind shafts. This is your next chapter.

So here is troll post to inspire you. LOL. Ready????

Any Berkley man worth his weight in cat pee would know what a golf shaft does and what makes one work better for some golfers while others don't....

Gauntlet is down Bro. Help us figure this one out!
[/quote]
[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1445702113' post='12501142']
Reasy when you break down the basics of shafts, you have weight, length, flex, and kick point. I've been through this quite a bit, but the thing I find fascinating is how easily we adapt to new shafts. You put a guy on a monitor with a softer shaft and he releases the club smoother. A stiff shaft and he's holding off the release and slamming into the ball to try and get it up.
[/quote]

Ok Reason since you threw down your gauntlet, this time I'm going to derive the answer as if I've been given a physics or materials science problem at Berkeley. Plus I haven't really given shafts the 'deep dive' like I have the clubhead, but I've followed along the marketing of them and for the most part it is not as full of half-truths as the clubhead marketing world is. So I guess I haven't really felt the need to refute what's already been said about shafts. Matt J already has explained it, so I'll try to derive those same answers starting with first principles.

So let's start with the basic purpose of the shaft. Its purpose is to add length and support to the clubhead in the act of colliding with a golf ball. As such it needs to be sturdy enough to keep the clubhead square. It also needs to be light enough so that the golfer does not need to expend unnecessary energy just to move it through the swing. Ideally it should also have some flexibility so that it can add some kinetic energy of its own to the golf swing. So as a shaft designer I'm faced with this as my 'problem statement' and now I need something that meets these requirements. And it turns out that either stainless steel or graphite or, now more recently, steelfiber graphite are all viable materials to meet the requirement of supporting the clubhead in the swing. The reasons these are good materials are, as mentioned before about the flexing clubface, that they have very high Young's, bulk, and shear moduli, and they can be formed into a hollow tubular and tapering shape.

Ok so now I have my tool for this job with these different materials science properties. And ultimately it boils down to the properties that relate to bending and twisting in the swing because that is what the forces of impact and swinging the club will do to the shaft. And so now by varying things like the shaft wall thickness, the overall diameter, the variation of the diameter, and the length, I can change how much and at what points in the shaft that it bends or twists. And the reason that I need to do all this is because all golfers will be putting variable stresses and forces on the shaft in the act of 'swinging their swing'. And because there is all this variability, there is the possibility of an ideal shaft, or set of shafts, that is matched well to a particular golfer's swing.

So now to me the ideal shaft for any swing is one that, in the process of swinging down into the ball, will bend first from initial direction change and high acceleration and then start unbending and be in this unbending state at impact. This way the clubhead velocity is not only the golfer's physical ability to swing the club around his body, it is but also this added velocity from an unbending shaft. If the golfer swings too hard for that particular shaft, he's going to go into impact with it bent and even bending more which will be a loss in overall clubhead velocity. If the golfer doesn't swing hard enough to bend it much, then it also won't contribute much to the final clubhead velocity. So again, there is an ideal shaft or shafts that can be matched to a golfer's swing.

But to play devil's advocate to this, you could argue that it doesn't matter much in the end. Take a club and imagine just bending the head a little from fixing the grip somehow and being able to pull the clubhead back to make it bend. Now imagine doing this as much as the shaft bends in the swing, which really isn't much. Then imagine letting go of the clubhead when the shaft is bent like that and allowing the head to push an actual ball. Is it really that much? Does the ball go that far?

But then again, this act of unbending does influence spin as well so that may also influence the physics in addition to just the unbending of it. Also when the unbending occurs will impact the launch angle a little. And also as mentioned by Matt J, the kick point will play into the physics of spin and launch angle. So now you have all these variables to match to the swing and the answer to all of them is highly dependent upon the individual golfer. You want a low launch, get a high kick point shaft. You want a high launch, get a soft tip / low kick point shaft.

The reason the kick point matters for launch angle is because the effective radius of unbending changes. A low kick point shaft basically has the most relative bend down near the tip, so it will unbend on a very short radius curvature, which will launch the ball higher, relatively speaking, than a long radius curvature. Remember that a longer radius makes the curve more and more like a straight line, and the shorter radius curvature makes it curve even more. So when this soft tip shaft kicks, it gives the ball just a little higher 'flick' upward than the other shaft.

Lastly I want to mention that I don't know the detailed structure of the graphite fibers and such and I am no expert on whether a smooth taper or stepped taper is better, but it really doesn't matter because in the end it goes back to what Matt J has already stated about length, weight, flex, and kick point. To me you should cling to the shaft you love, know its specs well, so that when you change shafts you have a basis for comparison.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

OK I am on board the Westbound #9--- thats an old beach music song

I had to toss you a shout out in the intro.

And for Richard- that's me on the left.

Richard - here's one for ya... I'm on the one on the right :)

10959667_10205640750043179_2369784925595113078_n%201_zpseuopmztf.jpg

Ok, Madison is too embarrassed to post this, even under my feminine side( :) ), so I will-

Well, it's raining here so her lessons got scrubbed and she called me and I asked her if she had seen all of your pics at the beginning of the thread and she said that she had-

While she agreed with me that all of you are good looking Guys, which let's be honest here, that defies statistical probability-

Be that as it may, she then said something that surprised me-

"Niner, Palauan and Matthew are rock stars"

I responded "pardon me?"

Her reply, "you heard me, Niner, Palauan and Matthew are rock stars"

Ya see, Dave and I have been saying that since our teen years to classify someone, anyone, male or female who we considered to be top of the chart great looking-

So Madison picked this up from me(see, some things of mine do rub off, hahaha)

Being totally honest here, I am not rock star good looking-

Don't get me wrong, I'm nice looking, and as long as my left eye doesn't "die," and I get that milky white glazing over it, I will remain so-

I've never been the best looking guy in most rooms that I've walked into, going back to childhood though I am attractive enough, that when combined with my personality and carriage, well, I cross the rock star threshold, haha

Not a brag....

Fact-

I'll just say or type what others think but won't :)

Dave(my BFF) has rock star looks-

Niner has rock star looks-

Palauan has rock star looks-

Matthew has rock star looks-

But just as there is more to being a Player on the course than just launching tee balls, so to is there more to life than being rock star good looking-

But I'll tell ya one thing.......

Just like with the long tee ball, it sure makes all that follows easier if ya got Game

So Hats off Gents. Cuz I will say that Madison has good taste, lol-

LMAO, sometimes I read this and it's like "WhereITF did that come from," LMAO

Oh, and you wouldn't believe the number of Ladies that like guys in pink, lol

Even Dave was like "Dude, WTF?" LMAO

I like to think it was my eyes and smile, LMAO

Oh Lord, it's Madison, haha, gotta run :)

Wait till she reads this, LMAO

Then it's nap time :)

Keeping up with the Rock Stars is sooooo mentally draining, lmao!!

**LMAO, I can't post more than one post/pic above so I had to post Niner's below- RP II

Oh, and that's my Boy with his Lovely Bride(3rd)- Ha, the second one actually tried to blame me, lmao. We were at a cookout and she had a little too much to drink and started in on him. Well, Dave gets up and asks me if I would take her home as he was leaving. I couldn't stand her but obviously I said no problem. So she asks for my keys to go get her purse and put it in my SUV. I give em to her and Dave, I and a little circle of guys are standing there shooting the breeze and my back was to her/my SUV but a guy in the circle who's in front of me facing her says, "holy s***," lol, so I and Dave turn(he was to my immediate left) and it's his wife coming towards us with an iron and he makes a move forward to try to get it out of her hands before she could swing, thinking, as were all of us, that Dave's head was the intended ball, lmao.

She says, "get out of my way, I'm gonna kill him." She was talkin about ME.

WTF?!?!?

And that's EXACTLY what Dave asked her, LMAO.

Well, she blamed me for his behavior.

HaHa, needless to say, I didn't give her a ride home.

Oh, and the iron that she had in her hand?

It was my friggin 33, LMAO :)

This preceded Tiger's wedge incident by 3 years, lol

Women ;)

Anyhoo, he's a Great Great Guy, he just should never marry, lmao

All the Best,

Richard

That wasn't even my wedding. Just a buddy that actually made us come in tuxedos. Lol. That's in the ballroom at Oakland Hills. The first tee is right out those glass doors.

I'm not a member, just fortunate to get an invite every now and then.

Well....my day has been one eye opening experience after another.

Always considered myself a pragmatist. Maybe a little delusional about my golf game.

Okay, here goes:

Confession - I'm a short-knocker. As long if not longer than most of the people I play with BUT DEFINITELY a short-knocker.

I really like shovels. Hit a Ping G30 7 iron today....wait for it...I liked it....I KNOW...RIGHT? I can get the ball around the course BUT I'm a hack.

I will definitely get fitted for clubs the next time I get a driver or set of irons.

Oh yeah....and I'm getting soft and pudgy. LMFatAO!!! Been in denial about this one for a while.

Good news. I may have found an instructor here in BFE that can help me keep an eye on my swing. He watched me today. Made a few comments. Told me I had a good swing and wasn't really that far off. We chatted. I think our philosophies match up. It would be nice to have someone local to go to. Watched him hit a few. Good swing. Seems knowledgeable enough.

[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445737313' post='12502948']

Always considered myself a pragmatist. Maybe a little delusional about my golf game.

Okay, here goes:

Confession - I'm a short-knocker. As long if not longer than most of the people I play with BUT DEFINITELY a short-knocker.

I really like shovels. Hit a Ping G30 7 iron today....wait for it...I liked it....I KNOW...RIGHT? I can get the ball around the course BUT I'm a hack.

I will definitely get fitted for clubs the next time I get a driver or set of irons.

Oh yeah....and I'm getting soft and pudgy. LMFatAO!!! Been in denial about this one for a while.

Good news. I may have found an instructor here in BFE that can help me keep an eye on my swing. He watched me today. Made a few comments. Told me I had a good swing and wasn't really that far off. We chatted. I think our philosophies match up. It would be nice to have someone local to go to. Watched him hit a few. Good swing. Seems knowledgeable enough.
[/quote]

Brother? Is that you?

Same boat by almost all accounts MC.

We 'short knockers' dream big.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

For those that may remember, I had a major electrical issue in my garage that left me without power in both my garage and 1/4 of my kitchen.

The issue was partially rectified today after months of failed attempts.

I called a gentleman to install two doors (he came highly recommended by a neighbour) and during our door discussion I asked if he knew a good electrician. He provided a name and my journey began. We struggled to coordinate schedules, but agreed that today would be the day. He spent two hours in my kitchen/garage and I now have electricity flowing properly again. There were too many outlets on one breaker (including my fridge) and I overloaded the circuit. A wire had come loose over my sink and ultimately that proved to be the culprit. I still have a switch and a plug not working, but that is the result of dead receptacle. The electrician will be returning to help me fish wire so that I can place my fridge and garage on separate breakers, but everything is functional at the moment. I've been given instructions not to run my compressor and heat gun at the same time for now.

Here's the kicker. The electrician only charged me $100 and wouldn't take a penny more. I dropped off the money this evening and we shared two shots of brandy and 'chewed the fat' for 45 minutes. A really nice man, who owns two big rigs and only does electrical work for friends (after 20 years in the business).

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1445737757' post='12502998']

Okay, here goes:

[/quote]

Brother? Is that you?

Same boat by almost all accounts MC.

We 'short knockers' dream big.
[/quote]

LOL! It is I, bro!!

Hit a couple of demos on a Golf Man monitor today. Two lefties. Ping G30 and a Tbag. Think it was the Aeroburner. Not sure what shafts. Just got to talking with the guy and told him I had no idea what my numbers were. He invited me to find out. Swing speed stayed around 98-100. Launch hovered around 16*. Spin between 2500 and 3000. Most of my carries were in the 245-250 range. Total distance around 265. Did get one out to 272.

I wasn't prepared to hit. Did get warmed up but it's weird hitting into a net then watching the ball on a screen. My swing wasn't exactly "on" but it was close enough.

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1445738604' post='12503052']
For those that may remember, I had a major electrical issue in my garage that left me without power in both my garage and 1/4 of my kitchen.

The issue was partially rectified today after months of failed attempts.

I called a gentleman to install two doors (he came highly recommended by a neighbour) and during our door discussion I asked if he knew a good electrician. He provided a name and my journey began. We struggled to coordinate schedules, but agreed that today would be the day. He spent two hours in my kitchen/garage and I now have electricity flowing properly again. There were too many outlets on one breaker (including my fridge) and I overloaded the circuit. A wire had come loose over my sink and ultimately that proved to be the culprit. I still have a switch and a plug not working, but that is the result of dead receptacle. The electrician will be returning to help me fish wire so that I can place my fridge and garage on separate breakers, but everything is functional at the moment. I've been given instructions not to run my compressor and heat gun at the same time for now.

Here's the kicker. The electrician only charged me $100 and wouldn't take a penny more. I dropped off the money this evening and we shared two shots of brandy and 'chewed the fat' for 45 minutes. A really nice man, who owns two big rigs and only does electrical work for friends (after 20 years in the business).
[/quote]

I remember the conversation that night. From what you describe and what I remember, it sounds like your man is spot on. Good for you.

Okay, here goes:

[color=#ff0000]Confession - I'm a short-knocker. As long if not longer than most of the people I play with[/color] BUT DEFINITELY a short-knocker.

Oh yeah....and[color=#ff0000] I'm getting soft and pudgy.[/color] LMFatAO!!! Been in denial about this one for a while.

[/quote]

I can relate! Oh, and just to poke Richard. Welcome to the club :taunt:

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Good you got it figured out PD. I hired a certified electrician and we rewired my house together last year. My wife finds all these small problems and I try and tell her it's part science and part magic, but she isn't buying.

Speaking of that hand gun... that was why we left Costa Rica after 5 years of starting a new life down there. One day, we were hugging before I left for work in the morning and she looked at me with big tears in her eyes and said, "you were much more attractive when I didn't feel the butt of that handgun against my stomach every time I hugged you." It never really bothered me too much, but now looking back at it, there's not a lot in life that's worth killing or dying for and they definitely shouldn't ideally involve a normal day at work. That was a constant reminder to her of the risks of our life down there.

You've still got me beat by a good 15 total yards MC. This year I came to the realization that a good (at times spectacular) game inside 130 yards can give you legitimate opportunities to post a score, if you keep the ball in play. If I stick to the correct tees I'll be just fine on most courses.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

...and info on the M1. The guy tells me there may be a quality control problem. There's been talk in the equipment forum about a flaw across the crown. A bulge or crack in the paint. While I was in the demo room, he pulled the demo M1 out and showed it to me. There was definitely a bulge about a half inch back from the top of the face.