The 9th circle of confession.

Nine Miler

Here we are again.

The following bits and pieces in reference to 9 are in honor of the diversity of folks, ideas, expertise, non-expertise and brand of humor that has spawned the existence of this, the ninth edition of the confession thread.

According to Yoga, the human body has nine doors - two eyes, two ears, the mouth, two nostrils, and the openings for defecation and procreation.

Nine (九 pinyin jiǔ) is considered a good number in Chinese culture because it sounds the same as the word "long-lasting"

The Ennead is a group of 9 Egyptian deities, who, in the some versions of the Osiris myth, judged whether Horus or Set should inherit Egypt.

In Greek mythology, it takes nine days (for an anvil) to fall from heaven to earth, and nine more to fall from earth to Tartarus—a place of torment in the underworld.

In ancient European culture, The Nine Worthies are nine historical, or semi-legendary figures who, in the Middle Ages, were believed to personify the ideals of chivalry.

In here we are on cloud nine. We go the whole nine yards. We dress to the nines, or sometimes in homemade bell bottoms. Sometimes we wonder how many a stitch in time saves. We play the front, and the back.

While I humbly accept the nomination to start this thread, I invite Reasonability to lay out the standard in the first post.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nine I watched that video you posted in the last one and then stumbled upon an old Shell's Wonderful World of Golf at Victoria Golf Club [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL6oSMgB-ig"]https://www.youtube....h?v=dL6oSMgB-ig[/url] I was lucky enough to play here for two winters when I was at school there. Course looks pretty much the same except they have redone all the bunker which I think they did an amazing job on. They also changed number 7, its a par 4 now that plays completely down the coast line now, and 11 is now a par 4 instead of 5. Seems like they have added a bit of yardage to some of the holes but only like 20 tops so it hasn't changed the layout. Definitely one of the top ones I've played.

Oh and changed my display picture for you Richard, second from the left.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

OK I am on board the Westbound #9--- thats an old beach music song. I just checked it on U tube it is by The Flaming Ember--- I know you have to be really old school to know it.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

This is the ninth post!

Great intro, Nine.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Hello gents,

First off, that is a very elegant intro, Nine. Bravo, my man, bravo indeed!!

I just came home from a fine session on the range and it got me thinking. I know, I know....UHOH!!

My first anniversary on this forum is fast approaching and driving home I began to reflect on the changes in my game and, more importantly, the changes that have been made in who I am as a person.

I'll rehash a little here and retell some things most of you already know. I found Monte's youtube channel. His videos helped me with some struggles I'd been having. I was so excited that I shot him an email not expecting a reply but I wanted to say thank you for having this free info out there and how it helped me. He emailed back within minutes. I followed him to Golfwrx where I found this thread.

This thread.....what can I say? This group is top-notch. I could thank each and everyone for helping with me different areas of my game, but here's the kicker. Collectively, you have all made me a better person. I carry myself with confidence but have my insecurities. I mention them often. Lack of education, lack of status in the socioeconomic world...blah, blah, blah...you can guys know the rest. But, you've ALL made me feel welcome here as we are all brothers and sisters from different walks of life. You have all taught me that it's not about what we do but about who we are...AS PEOPLE!!

That being said, I would've never given consideration to going to Monte's clinic this past spring. But, I went and I didn't feel out of place. I owe that to you guys.(I know. It's a stupid hangup I had/have but it's real for me). And....and I learned a lot from a top-notch instructor.

I haven't even begun to bare my soul in this confessional and I won't drag this out any longer. But, THANK YOU!! Thank you for making me feel like I belong and helping me with my game and my insecurities. Thank you for making me a better person.

I'm on this ride for the long haul!!

Michael

Well done Nine!!

I wore #9 in little league, lol. That's all I got! BTW, do you live near eight
mile road?. I still have a few vague memories of the Detroit area, lol.

and TOOLed also from #8, lol

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445558469' post='12494142']
Hello gents,

I just came home from a fine session on the range and it got me thinking. I know, I know....UHOH!!

My first anniversary on this forum is fast approaching and driving home I began to reflect on the changes in my game and, more importantly, the changes that have been made in who I am as a person.

I'll rehash a little here and retell some things most of you already know. I found Monte's youtube channel. His videos helped me with some struggles I'd been having. I was so excited that I shot him an email not expecting a reply but I wanted to say thank you for having this free info out there and how it helped me. He emailed back within minutes. I followed him to Golfwrx where I found this thread.

This thread.....what can I say? This group is top-notch. I could thank each and everyone for helping with me different areas of my game, but here's the kicker. Collectively, you have all made me a better person. I carry myself with confidence but have my insecurities. I mention them often. Lack of education, lack of status in the socioeconomic world...blah, blah, blah...you can guys know the rest. But, you've ALL made me feel welcome here as we are all brothers and sisters from different walks of life. You have all taught me that it's not about what we do but about who we are...AS PEOPLE!!

That being said, I would've never given consideration to going to Monte's clinic this past spring. But, I went and I didn't feel out of place. I owe that to you guys.(I know. It's a stupid hangup I had/have but it's real for me). And....and I learned a lot from a top-notch instructor.

I haven't even begun to bare my soul in this confessional and I won't drag this out any longer. But, THANK YOU!! Thank you for making me feel like I belong and helping me with my game and my insecurities. Thank you for making me a better person.

Michael
[/quote]I would not let the lack of education worry me at all or the economic thing. The main thing is be yourself. Heck if you want to be technical I am an uneducated broke half a$$ed has been race car driver a broke down half a$$ed has been mini tour player and a current broke truck driver how ever not a real one like Conrad. Him and Cobi run more miles as a team in 24 hours than I do in a week. On top of it all living at the beach in a 35 year old mobile home but we are having fun and loving it. Like a old saying "I am comfortable in my own skin". Do not have but one regret in life I should have had more discipline and self control when I was younger but that is no one's fault but my own.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Scoster, I'll respond to you here!

We missed each other by only a few days in Tahoe! Married Mar 6, 1976.
We were in Carmel on the 7th-9th and South Tahoe on the 10th-12th. Other
than the ski misadventure on the 10th we spent the rest of our time eating
and gambling in Harveys, lol.

After I showed her all the basics on how to play proper Black Jack (and
not screw everyone else at the table) she got hooked on playing, lol, and
I couldn't pry her away. The dam dealer got a crush on her and was
playing her hands for her, lol. He was flipping her card down card over
and telling her what to do......and she was winning, lol.

Then he tells us this $1 slot across from the table hit about every few hours
or so and was due and we should put a few bucks in it. So she puts a
couple bucks in it and wins $125 just like that. As you guys know, the worst
thing that can happen to you your first time gambling is winning, lol.

Anyway, after we split up and she moves up there she calls me and says
this dealer was now working at Harrahs where she was working and was
hitting on her. I said "well it was obvious he had a crush of you". She said
he was creeping her out and I told her just go work at Harveys, lol.

She later moved back to SoCal and we remained friendly but I haven't
seen her since '82 when I was transferred to Florida with my job at
that time.

We parted on good terms and I always hoped she had a good life.

SLED Gemini

Nine,

a more than worthy introduction. Thank you for taking the time to 'kick start' this thread properly.

I will contribute a picture (my first ever on WRX) after my wife assists with some camera work. Seems like the right thing to do. I'm no where near as attractive as you gents, but I'm Canadian and that has to count for something ; )

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Only a year MC. Feels like we've been at thins for much longer. So pleased that we've all stumbled into each other.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1445560860' post='12494354']
[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445558469' post='12494142']
Hello gents,

Michael
[/quote]I would not let the lack of education worry me at all or the economic thing. The main thing is be yourself. Heck if you want to be technical I am an uneducated broke half a$$ed has been race car driver a broke down half a$$ed has been mini tour player and a current broke truck driver how ever not a real one like Conrad. Him and Cobi run more miles as a team in 24 hours than I do in a week. On top of it all living at the beach in a 35 year old mobile home but we are having fun and loving it. Like a old saying "I am comfortable in my own skin". Do not have but one regret in life I should have had more discipline and self control when I was younger but that is no one's fault but my own.
[/quote]

Wise words Stu.

I have made many mistakes in life. Married wrong people, took wrong jobs,
dropped out of college and never amounted to much by a worldly measure.
I had a teacher in high school tell me I was the biggest waste of a brain he
ever saw. I think he was trying to give me a helpful kick in the a** but it had
the opposite effect and just pi**ed me off at the time, lol.

Like I said, I had no mentors and spent many years in the school of hard
knocks. I was never in trouble or anything like that but I just had no
patience for anything that I thought took to long to accomplish and so I
was always jumping from one thing to another when I got bored.

Eventually I settled down and began to learn what life is all about and
the first thing I learned was that life was much better when it was not
about me. I had way too many people in my life expecting big things from
me and that just messed my head up and made me think too much
of myself.

I really enjoy being a blue collar underachiever. Life is simple. I have
everything I need and only money that I have EARNED the hard way.
It's NOT a race. We all leave here with what we came with and hopefully
leave behind a few a little better off that we were there.

SLED Gemini

Its all good MC.

The got-nots and got-rocks... We all put our pants on one leg at a time. The golf ball has no clue who is rich or poor, the color of his collar, or who is more educated. If you tee it up - you're our friend. (Until you troll one of us and Mr. ax appears - LOL.)

Glad you and your instructor found a way to get things going your way. Give yourself credit for that one. We just watched you and your clinic deal unfold, bro. You did that all by yourself - and if I recall a little assist from your bride.

Whacka-whacka.

[quote name='Palauan Hammer' timestamp='1445556744' post='12493990']
Nine, nice Tux Bro!! And GREAT opening post!

Nice pics guys, I'll join in too.

Richard, I'm the second from the right, although currently I have a massive beard LOL

[attachment=3003374:541631_388999444495643_1499371838_n.jpg]
[/quote]

Ham, looks like the missing AK on your left (my right), lol. Now we know
where he is! Well......where he WAS anyway.

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445563638' post='12494582']
Ok, one more that's not so uppity, cuz I ain't uppity. Ahhh hell. Two.
[/quote]

Nine, new meaning to "digging it out of the dirt", lol

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445560268' post='12494310']
Well done Nine!!

[/quote]

Fortunately I don't live too near the rough part of 8 mile. I do launch my boat at 9 mile and Jefferson and fish a bunch of way points off 9 mile. Where I live, 8 mile is in Grosse Pointe, rather than Detroit. Ever seen the movie Grosse Pointe Blank? John Cusak/Minnie Driver? I recommend you watch it if you haven't.

I'm still out of likes. :(

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445564032' post='12494610']
[/quote]

Nine, new meaning to "digging it out of the dirt", lol
[/quote]

I built that sandbox. I didn't realize it was going to take over 5,000 lbs of sand to fill it. Lol. It's 8x8 and over a foot deep.

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1445554358' post='12493854']
Nine I watched that video you posted in the last one and then stumbled upon an old Shell's Wonderful World of Golf at Victoria Golf Club [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL6oSMgB-ig"]https://www.youtube....h?v=dL6oSMgB-ig[/url] I was lucky enough to play here for two winters when I was at school there. Course looks pretty much the same except they have redone all the bunker which I think they did an amazing job on. They also changed number 7, its a par 4 now that plays completely down the coast line now, and 11 is now a par 4 instead of 5. Seems like they have added a bit of yardage to some of the holes but only like 20 tops so it hasn't changed the layout. Definitely one of the top ones I've played.

Oh and changed my display picture for you Richard, second from the left.
[/quote]

Is that Victoria, like Victoria, BC?

We had a tournament in Victoria at Royal I want to say Colwood? Or something? The whole area was beautiful. I stayed with a buddy and we went and layed a crab pot behind his place when the tide was out. When we went back to get it later that night, it was full of Dungeness crab. It was awesome. Those trees on the golf course we played were probably a thousand years old or more. Just enormous.

Edit. Yep. Colwood. Royalcolwood.org

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445564127' post='12494612']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445560268' post='12494310']
Well done Nine!!

[/quote]

Fortunately I don't live too near the rough part of 8 mile. I do launch my boat at 9 mile and Jefferson and fish a bunch of way points off 9 mile. Where I live, 8 mile is in Grosse Pointe, rather than Detroit. Ever seen the movie Grosse Pointe Blank? John Cusak/Minnie Driver? I recommend you watch it if you haven't.

I'm still out of likes. :(
[/quote]

Just had a feeling "Nine Miler" had a meaning, lol, and remembering a
little geography had me guessing.

I haven't been in Michigan in years but a one point we hauled a lot of auto
part loads from all over the state out to Calif.

I know Detroit is a tough town. We didn't go in there much except to an old
Ford plant. Mostly we were out in the burbs in that area. I remember
Telegraph road and being up and down it a few times, lol. We also
hauled loads into PD's neighborhood in Windsor several times back in
the days before 9-11. Don't remember a whole lot of details any more.

The "fog of age".

SLED Gemini

[/quote]

Gorgeous! Love a kid. They are all so perfect in this goofy world.

And... looks like the pink hippo in the sandbox needs to work on his grip and posture!

TOOL'd

MC, well said! I feel the same way about many of the things you confessed, one of these days we will most definitely tee it up and MCHammer will be in full effect, I'm not the best with typing or words so I'll just say I consider you and the rest of the Confessions Crew friends!

Edit: Nice pictures Nine, your boy looks just like you! :)

First ever PD personal pictures.

Here's a family selection.

My lovely wife and I (I'm fond of this photo as it was taken while my son was in-utero).

[attachment=3003666:Daddy 2.jpg]

My eldest Peanut and I at a 'Super Hero Takeover' fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis this weekend.

[attachment=3003668:Daddy 3.jpg]

My youngest Peanut and I engaging in a tickle contest.

[attachment=3003672:Daddy 4.jpg]

Thankfully my children take after the PeanutsMommy ; )

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*