[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445647255' post='12499312']
[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1445646374' post='12499236']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445637654' post='12498602']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445637124' post='12498560']

I noticed that too 45* pw, 135y pw here I come hahahaha
[/quote]

Wow, I didn't realize the lofts were so jacked back in 2002. My S58s are
from 2006 and the PW is 47 degrees.

Titleist jacking lofts.......................lol.......had to say it, sorry Pigs..... :D
[/quote]The reason they are at that is because when Ping designed those they wanted to create a technological superior blade with traditional lofts. It also has a lot to do with the sole design and offset design.
[/quote]

Oh my Stu, you called it a......................... blade. So does Ping, lol.

According to DeBlade it's a MAWBB cause it has that cavity on the
top half and the "frustration dampener" inserted into the muscle..
[/quote]

Ahem. Let the record stand that I don't believe I've ever posted the words "frustration dampener" in reference to the Ping "engineering" of their MAWBB that they call a blade. (Judge, please issue Conrad here a writ of hilarious cornus.) It's a MAWBB because

1) The upper top half cavity is pretty meaningless to the ball flight physics. The part of the club that matters is the part that will be in contact with the ball the most which is at the lower hemisphere of the ball and maybe a little in the upper hemisphere as the loft gets stronger. But for the most part the contact is that the bottom. At impact, the ball compresses into only a very little bit of the upper area of the club, so therefore only very little of the upper half of the iron face plays into the ball spin and launch. But it does play into the vibration of the clubhead and so it will help to dampen the feel of all shots simply because the upper CB has a thin wall and so that part of the head will vibrate the most and so less vibration will go up the shaft from this. The feel is contained down in the head. The other thing that upper perimeter weighting does is make the clubhead [i]look[/i] forgiving to some golfers.

2) The lower half is structurally very strong. It is MUCH like a blade's thick muscle. Maybe even thicker. The dampener is a different material from the face but it clearly is reinforcing that face so that it doesn't flex like a more SGI CB. This is the part that will compress the lower half of the ball and so in order for it to perform, as advertised, just like a blade, the face needs to have the same physical characteristics (like coefficient of restitution, Young's/bulk/shear moduli, and hardness) as a blade in order to spin the ball just as consistently. (Side note: That multi-material dampens the feel compared to that of a solid block of steel, making it a near perfect design for the aging trucker with a bum left elbow that has that occasional painful mishit.)
[/quote]

Well, thanks for that DeMawbb! Aging trucker indeed and needs less rattling
of the bones and joints fo sho.

These irons have a moving cg that starts lower in the long irons and moves
up in the short irons. It is the same for the subsequent S57, 56 and current
55s. The S58 has no toe weight though. The S57, 56 and 55s do have a toe
weight.

These little design features separate this iron from a true blade. I like the
moving cg and the help it gives getting the longer irons up and keeping
the shorter irons down. A true blade user wants none of that, lol.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful set of irons Pigs. A nice compliment to your 'gamers'. I'll be interested to read a performance review once you put the irons through the paces.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I channeled my inner TBW this eveving. The tees were moved up at my home course, which gave me a chance to reach the three par 5's in two (I can generally reach one, but the other two are a rarity unless the course is dry and firm). Hit 4 hybrid to a foot for a kick in eagle on one, and hit 5 wood over the green on the other two holes (did manage to get up and down for birdie both times). Always interesting to have a 'silly season' at the end of the year. Felt like a monster on a few holes, but was probably hitting balls my usual (weak arse) distance.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445652622' post='12499602']
[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445649104' post='12499424']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445647255' post='12499312']
[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1445646374' post='12499236']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445637654' post='12498602']

Wow, I didn't realize the lofts were so jacked back in 2002. My S58s are
from 2006 and the PW is 47 degrees.

Titleist jacking lofts.......................lol.......had to say it, sorry Pigs..... :D
[/quote]The reason they are at that is because when Ping designed those they wanted to create a technological superior blade with traditional lofts. It also has a lot to do with the sole design and offset design.
[/quote]

Oh my Stu, you called it a......................... blade. So does Ping, lol.

According to DeBlade it's a MAWBB cause it has that cavity on the
top half and the "frustration dampener" inserted into the muscle..
[/quote]

Ahem. Let the record stand that I don't believe I've ever posted the words "frustration dampener" in reference to the Ping "engineering" of their MAWBB that they call a blade. (Judge, please issue Conrad here a writ of hilarious cornus.) It's a MAWBB because

1) The upper top half cavity is pretty meaningless to the ball flight physics. The part of the club that matters is the part that will be in contact with the ball the most which is at the lower hemisphere of the ball and maybe a little in the upper hemisphere as the loft gets stronger. But for the most part the contact is that the bottom. At impact, the ball compresses into only a very little bit of the upper area of the club, so therefore only very little of the upper half of the iron face plays into the ball spin and launch. But it does play into the vibration of the clubhead and so it will help to dampen the feel of all shots simply because the upper CB has a thin wall and so that part of the head will vibrate the most and so less vibration will go up the shaft from this. The feel is contained down in the head. The other thing that upper perimeter weighting does is make the clubhead [i]look[/i] forgiving to some golfers.

2) The lower half is structurally very strong. It is MUCH like a blade's thick muscle. Maybe even thicker. The dampener is a different material from the face but it clearly is reinforcing that face so that it doesn't flex like a more SGI CB. This is the part that will compress the lower half of the ball and so in order for it to perform, as advertised, just like a blade, the face needs to have the same physical characteristics (like coefficient of restitution, Young's/bulk/shear moduli, and hardness) as a blade in order to spin the ball just as consistently. (Side note: That multi-material dampens the feel compared to that of a solid block of steel, making it a near perfect design for the aging trucker with a bum left elbow that has that occasional painful mishit.)
[/quote]

Well, thanks for that DeMawbb! Aging trucker indeed and needs less rattling
of the bones and joints fo sho.

These irons have a moving cg that starts lower in the long irons and moves
up in the short irons. It is the same for the subsequent S57, 56 and current
55s. The S58 has no toe weight though. The S57, 56 and 55s do have a toe
weight.

These little design features separate this iron from a true blade. I like the
moving cg and the help it gives getting the longer irons up and keeping
the shorter irons down. A true blade user wants none of that, lol.
[/quote]

Conrad that is my point. They are LITTLE design features because they make LITTLE difference to that of a blade. Sure you may get a little more height by moving the CG but really the flexing face is what will add much more height in combination with a low CG. But without the flex, the lower CG won't make that much difference to the height as compared to a blade.

Remember, too, CG placement in the same spot directly behind the ball CG is still theoretically best for efficient energy transfer, feel, and minimal clubhead torque. FWIW this is what I as a blade player wants and I can still get height with a blade.

And toe weighting for increasing the horizontal MOI is meaningless (clubhead MOI = SHAM). The hands have to work HARDER to square a high MOI club than a lower MOI one.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1445653730' post='12499652']
I channeled my inner TBW this eveving. The tees were moved up at my home course, which gave me a chance to reach the three par 5's in two (I can generally reach one, but the other two are a rarity unless the course is dry and firm). Hit 4 hybrid to a foot for a kick in eagle on one, and hit 5 wood over the green on the other two holes (did manage to get up and down for birdie both times). Always interesting to have a 'silly season' at the end of the year. Felt like a monster on a few holes, but was probably hitting balls my usual (weak arse) distance.
[/quote]

An eagle in October!?!?!

You're a beast! A sexy beast!!

Attached boy, PD

Here's a failed attempt at catching up. Apologies to any/all I'm missing.

Scotee - Yes we are gong at a torrid pace. #8 lasted about 20 days.

Good to hear from our Newfoundland Chapter - my/our buddy Pige.

Same for Bick... saw him get back into a couple of posts.

Richard - If we ever meet... sit to my left if you would. My right eye is about as useful as your left. If we sit properly we won't be staring into each other's cut up ears.

Stu - Let's figure out a way to weld a right-handed CB to a left-handed blade and send it to PD....(I think he's Bi - LOL).

Radro - Always wondered. When you hit the road is EVERY night spent in the sleeper or do you hop in hotels along the way?

Matt - You escaped the nick-name shtick around here. After that pic we need to call you "Shades".

Knock it close - Clean the fridge and "Eat moor chikun" dude

Gaucho - Sounds like the good news is your back is on the mend. The bad news your problems moved north on you. Get well soon.

Nine - Buzz called. Wanted legal advice. Sounds like he plans to claim your boat by magically finding it afloat and abandoned.

Buzz - Nine called. Wanted legal advice. Sounds like he has an axe of his own and knows how to use it.

DeBunkster - Finally figured out the genesis of your fondness for female vocals. [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5XyfrdAMGY"]https://www.youtube....h?v=k5XyfrdAMGY[/url]

Bsc - The artwork you posted was first class. I have to avoid going there as I tend to post Rodin's more perverse works.

MC - Need an answer and you seem like you might have this one... I dunno why you more than others but I trust you to have my back on this one.....Why do ladies ask each other to go pee together? WTF???

Q - Weekend box score predictions?

Dan360 - Panthers play Philly this weekend. Hope we aren't both licking our wounds Sunday night.

And....

[center]Guy who is down there in the lower left lurking.... Yea YOU!!!![/center]

Not trying to scare you fella...but here is what you don't know.

[size=2]We are all one guy....with different screen names. And on Halloween night every year we eat a small engine and fart sparks.[/size]

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445628283' post='12497926']
[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1445627988' post='12497908']
[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445609645' post='12496308']
[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1445609138' post='12496270']
42 degrees on the thermometer in the garage while I get ready for the Friday skins match. They keep out tee time early because the guys behind us claim we have too many times in the morning. Trying to turn 5 into 50 again fellas. Momma needs a new pair of shoes.
[/quote]

Go get em, bro!!

Right handed blade lovers anyone?

[url="http://m.ebay.com/itm/PLAYER-OWNED-FORGED-WILSON-FG59-PURED-3-PW-Gorgeous-clubs-/301770047519?nav=SEARCH"]http://m.ebay.com/it...7519?nav=SEARCH[/url]
[/quote]

Pretty enough, but the sole is a tad wide for my blade-y goodness meter to hit the top. Plus, I don't want the wife to kill me for a purchase like that after the MP-4's last year... and with an almost 4 year old in the house another set of weapons of mass destruction might cause a divorce. :)

If anyone out there has anyone they hate and would like to give a sinus infection, I should be contagious for 1 more day. I'm offering a special deal: Get 2 sick for the price of 1.

(worth a shot)

Pigs... I see something blade-like but I see some ice cream scoops too. Unless you're looking at taking ladies out for ice cream, or perhaps a gardening party before the snows hit, the scoops have gotta go. :)
[/quote]

Maybe I can[color=#ff0000] grind the cavities[/color] off of those ones, there's only four of them how hard could it be eh? Hahahaha
[/quote]

Pigs let me know if you need some help with that. It's a piece of cake. I do it almost every day ;)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1445635393' post='12498426']
[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445618029' post='12497096']
Palmer has often told the story of how Hogan commented in the Augusta Clubhouse that he (Palmer) was an example of how they'd "let anybody" into the Masters. Palmer is not known for telling too many "ugly" stories. So I'm among those who buys-in to the fact that Hogan was likely very warm and friendly inside of a very small circle of friends and was otherwise an anti-social, snobby, jerk-weed.

So Hogan's legacy is three fold.[list]
[*]Incredible golfer with a swing others have lost their compass trying to copy
[*]Incredible story of recovery from a car wreck
[*]Jerk-weed
[/list]
I have no clue WHY... but I can accept that folks like Ray Nitschke (Green Bay under Lombardi) was labeled as a nasty - dirty - MF footballer. Hey that was his JOB. So he piled on - he threw dirt in the opponents face - he played "dirty" in ways...(allegedly). He played football when people played to win and the rule book was nothing like it is today. THAT WAS HIS JOB.

It was never any golfer's job to be a jerk-weed. If he chose that strategy - then he either had issues of his own and all around him had to pay the price OR he was terribly mislabeled.

Can't wait to hear more about how Sam got in his head. I'll venture this guess. Sam enjoyed getting in Hogan's head simply because Hogan wanted to dish it out but couldn't take it. I'll further wager that other golfers and Sam were great buds and all that nonsense was never on the table cause they respected each other enough to not even need to go there.
[/quote]Well I have held off until now and I do not want to tick off any Hogan Fans but my old man knew him and said he was an Ice Hole and that is all he would say. I know my old man would not play any Hogan equipment until AMF bought the company in the mid 70s or so. He played it then only very briefly and I think that was because one of his friends a pro at another course was a Hogan staffer. Then one of his friends went to work for Wilson and he went with Wilson. Right before he retired he did go with Ram because his Wilson buddy and another guy that had apprenticed under him went to Ram. That was his last deal before he retired. But I think honestly he was always a Macgregor man at heart
[/quote]

It seems with any tour pro, or famous person for that matter, you always
get conflicting accounts of how they are/were.

Some say Hogan was kind and generous to some and an Ice Hole to others.
I guess it just depends on where you fell in his universe.

We all have good and bad moments, say things we shouldn't say, say
things that get taken in a way we didn't intend and the list goes on.

I remember a few tidbits that are helpful in sizing up people at times.

One is how they treat people who can do absolutely nothing for them.
Another is how they treat people when the cameras are not on them.
There's more but I made my point I suppose.

I can't speak to your father's opinion, or anyone else's. I can only have
my own opinion and depending on many factors it may or not be
valid. I don't have an opinion on Hogan the man. I have no clue. I've
heard good and bad and never laid eyes on him or spoke to him.

I have often heard opines about people only to learn the opiner had
never met them or talked to them but was merely passing along
what they had heard.

I'm not talking about your dad Stu, but just in general. Hogan is kind
of a mystery to me; not that I think about it much, but frankly what
I have heard resolves nothing, lol.

I heard recently the sound of his interview right after he won the
British Open in '53. He was still on the green. He did not sound
anything like he is portrayed to be. Certainly not an ice Hole. He
sounded like guy who had just gotten his Ice kicked for 4 rounds
by a tough golf course and was fortunate to come out the winner. :)

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445661881' post='12500052']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445661582' post='12500032']
Alright. I'm back on the grid and caught up. Good evening gentlemen.
[/quote]

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjX1LpSow_g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjX1LpSow_g[/url]
[/quote]

Howdy to you too.

Pigems, I had a buddy that got those PM Titleists when they came out. I still can't tell if they are good looking or not because of my inability to know what the heck a left handed club would look like translated to a right handed club.

I use to want a set of 962Bs bad. If they are anything like that, I'm sure they are good.

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445661582' post='12500032']
Alright. I'm back on the grid and caught up. Good evening gentlemen.
[/quote]

Good evening Nine. You're pulling the night shift tonight, eh? Nice to
have a little company though I'll be checking out pretty soon, lol.

I used to come in here late at night and have convos with myself, lol.
Then MC started having convos with HIMself. Then Vater would wake
up in Denmark and keep him company in the wee wee hours so he
wouldn't get all wee wee'd up.

Then Q said he was imbibing too much and went back to days. Now
DeMan and the JudgeMan are hanging out late.

There's always a constant that you should know.

MC is always lurking..........

SLED Gemini

https://youtu.be/Lur-SGl3uw8

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='scotee' timestamp='1445660684' post='12500008']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445628283' post='12497926']
[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1445627988' post='12497908']
[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445609645' post='12496308']
[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1445609138' post='12496270']
42 degrees on the thermometer in the garage while I get ready for the Friday skins match. They keep out tee time early because the guys behind us claim we have too many times in the morning. Trying to turn 5 into 50 again fellas. Momma needs a new pair of shoes.
[/quote]

Go get em, bro!!

Right handed blade lovers anyone?

[url="http://m.ebay.com/itm/PLAYER-OWNED-FORGED-WILSON-FG59-PURED-3-PW-Gorgeous-clubs-/301770047519?nav=SEARCH"]http://m.ebay.com/it...7519?nav=SEARCH[/url]
[/quote]

Pretty enough, but the sole is a tad wide for my blade-y goodness meter to hit the top. Plus, I don't want the wife to kill me for a purchase like that after the MP-4's last year... and with an almost 4 year old in the house another set of weapons of mass destruction might cause a divorce. :)

If anyone out there has anyone they hate and would like to give a sinus infection, I should be contagious for 1 more day. I'm offering a special deal: Get 2 sick for the price of 1.

(worth a shot)

Pigs... I see something blade-like but I see some ice cream scoops too. Unless you're looking at taking ladies out for ice cream, or perhaps a gardening party before the snows hit, the scoops have gotta go. :)
[/quote]

Maybe I can[color=#ff0000] grind the cavities[/color] off of those ones, there's only four of them how hard could it be eh? Hahahaha
[/quote]

Pigs let me know if you need some help with that. It's a piece of cake. I do it almost every day ;)
[/quote]
But wouldn't putting a filling in them be better? Or just pull 'em out.

Registered Bladeocrat

Just went down in the basement and epoxied that aftermarket Surefit adapter onto the hybrid shaft so I can grip and cut it tomorrow. The aftermarket adapter didn't seem to be the same quality as the Titleist built shafts, but hopefully it holds up just fine. 30 dollar experiment if it fails.

Didn't play great today, but putted much better and came in with a skin for $20 so that's better than empty handed. 42/40 I wanna say, with a couple triples and a double :blush2:

Got one bird, but I won the skin with a par (net bird) kinda funny. Keep getting it on the first hole, haha. I went on a 4 hole one putt run and finished the back with 15 putts and I think I had 18 on the front, all 9 holes were 2 putts, so 33 total. The one bird on the back was a 30+ foot bomb which is always lucky, but feels oh so good.

Richard, I always like when you talk about "swagger" and Snead, Hogan, Pete, and the gang. We all know some guys that just hate certain people that rub them wrong (Hogan). They're tough to be friends with sometimes, but usually very loyal, maybe even to a fault. I came real close to getting myself in a bind when we were living down in Costa Rica. Basically, long story short, a guy stole my truck off the street, and I always had a loaded 40 cal under the bed. So I hear the glow plugs come on and reach for the gun. Ballsy dude sitting under my window, stealing my truck, knowing it will take 20 seconds for the motor to turn over. Anyways, I had just got back from vacation and had hid the gun in my closet. But, I had this moment where I saw that I had a clean shot, and I was so sick of being ripped off and the financial burden to my family and the business from thieves, that I knew that any other night of my life I would have killed my first human being. I thought about that for days. This good friend, that was one of "those" guys, that just loved you or hated you had special op's experience in the 80's and we were talking about it. He was very pragmatic about how I would have needed to call him to clean the crime scene and all these details about planting a "dirty" gun on the guy. Scary $hit for normal human beings, but all I could think was that's one helluva friend who would dig a slug out of a corpse to keep you from going to prison. Long story long maybe. :)

Best wishes to the confessions crew! I caught up I promise. Pigs nice score on the new irons. They look awesome. MC, I can't grow a beard, but believe me I already have plenty of crazy ear hairs and nose hairs. My wife is always asking me, "is that attached? Really? That's so gross." I tell her it's manly and indicative of my maturity and wisdom :cheesy:

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445664823' post='12500168']
[url="https://youtu.be/Lur-SGl3uw8"]https://youtu.be/Lur-SGl3uw8[/url]
[/quote]

Whew D! Hot like Susanna hot!

Now go tell Mrs. DeMand your crushes have just doubled. :D

SLED Gemini

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445664112' post='12500144']
I was at a friends house. Neither of us do much anymore, because we are settled down/have young kids.

Basically my girl and I go over there, or they come to my place and we go drink scotch and talk outside while the girls hang inside and make snacks and drink wine. It's not too bad. Lol.
[/quote]

Livin" the dream Nine, livin' the dream!

SLED Gemini

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445647345' post='12499322']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445646414' post='12499242']
And a few comparison pics vs the 712's :)
[/quote]

The only differences to me are that the blade has more offset (<-ewwww) and the CB is slightly wider by just a smidge. To be honest I like the look of the CB so I understand why you have no issue with them. They look better with the less offset. (But do they [i]feel[/i] better when you pure one?)
[/quote]Actually his 58s do sit good at address and once they were set to spec they really sat good. I hit the PW and 7 iron after I worked on them and they hit good. I could not get my regular feel with them because of the dampner and they were a little light for me but not bad. I think the dampner does something else also it keeps the face from being too hot. At stock spec they are a little light for me but most clubs stock are.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445660607' post='12500000']

MC - Need an answer and you seem like you might have this one... I dunno why you more than others but I trust you to have my back on this one.....Why do ladies ask each other to go pee together? WTF???

[/quote]

Because they can't pull their own finger.

Duh! :D

PD = Bi?

Bi-pedal . . . Yes

Bi-polar . . . Given family history, probably

Bi-sexual . . . Not that I'm aware, further testing required

Bi-nary . . . 1001

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Nine, you had me at Scotch!

Pigs, we had a set like that come through the store. 9/10 condition wise. These were mint! One of the guys I worked with is a lefty, got them for $75.

Just when I think I have it narrowed down to what irons I want for next yr., then I read DeNinny's posts and he gets me wondering?! Too confusing?!

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

TP5

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1445689424' post='12500552']
Nine, you had me at Scotch!

Pigs, we had a set like that come through the store. 9/10 condition wise. These were mint! One of the guys I worked with is a lefty, got them for $75.

Just when I think I have it narrowed down to what irons I want for next yr., then I read DeNinny's posts and he gets me wondering?! Too confusing?!
[/quote]

Nice! That's a wicked score! I got these for $100. But I found a thread on here where a guy cleaned up this exact set to like new condition so I may just do that. Or I may just run them hard as they are lol. They do feel sweet though, I was hitting a few shots in my basement this morning. :)

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1090349-titleist-731pm-project/page__fromsearch__1

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445646507' post='12499248']
[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1445641206' post='12498850']
After my meds maybe I'll tell when Pete and I talked about Sam and Ben Hogan-

Ok, I'm not depressed anymore :)

Jesus, maybe I'm manic ;)

Golfingly Yours,
Richard
[/quote]
BTW are you sure Madison isn't just your inner woman posting? Maybe you're skeezofrantic? :taunt:
[/quote]Nah Bro, if that was me I'd be much more complimentary towards myself and less harsh, hahaha

She's always told me that I am different than anyone she's ever met, and I was good with that as I'd have too agree with her, however that being the case, there should be a different set of standards by which I am judged, with my input not only into the development of those standards, I also feel that I should have input into the judgement-

Needless to say, she looked at me when I said this, shook her head in a disbelieving manner, and walked away ;)

Sooooooo, in answer to your question, nope, those responses ain't I, and if I do have this "inner woman" buls*** that you speak of, believe me Bro, it ain't comin out on a golf forum with a bunch of Dudes, Nomatter how great they are or how much I care for them-

Nope, if I have this "inner woman" runnin around in this demented organ that I call a brain/mind, she's comin out full bore......

4" stilettos, black garters/hose, the full Monty-

One thing that I've always believed in-

If you're gonna "go?".........

F*** big!

Go Huge :)

Regarding the question pertaining to schizoaffective disorder?

Could be, though the shrinks that I've been to have never mentioned it, and Lord knows, a few really wanted to know what made me tick...

I said that's easy, all ya had to do was ask Bro......

A Beautiful Blond who rocks my world......

A Beautiful set of blades sittin in my bag......

A Benz SUV in the driveway.......

Pretty simple really :)

As always Bro, it's been my pleasure!!

Stay Well, keep Swingin and don't ever give up point....

Very, very few can lead from the front :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445664112' post='12500144']
I was at a friends house. Neither of us do much anymore, because we are settled down/have young kids.

Basically my girl and I go over there, or they come to my place and we go drink scotch and talk outside while the girls hang inside and make snacks and drink wine. It's not too bad. Lol.
[/quote]You're a very lucky Man!!

I had that vision in my mind and it took 53 years to make it a reality, haha

All that other stuff?

Bulls***!

Though I guess some of those times make for some good memories & stories, lol

Have a great weekend Bro :)

All the Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1445646414' post='12499242']
And a few comparison pics vs the 712's :)
[/quote]Bro, you've got no worries hittin all blades-

Have a great weekend :)

All the Best,
Richard

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1445695411' post='12500818']
[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445646507' post='12499248']
[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1445641206' post='12498850']
After my meds maybe I'll tell when Pete and I talked about Sam and Ben Hogan-

Ok, I'm not depressed anymore :)

Jesus, maybe I'm manic ;)

Golfingly Yours,
Richard
[/quote]
BTW are you sure Madison isn't just your inner woman posting? Maybe you're skeezofrantic? :taunt:
[/quote]Nah Bro, if that was me I'd be much more complimentary towards myself and less harsh, hahaha

She's always told me that I am different than anyone she's ever met, and I was good with that as I'd have too agree with her, however that being the case, there should be a different set of standards by which I am judged, with my input not only into the development of those standards, I also feel that I should have input into the judgement-

Needless to say, she looked at me when I said this, shook her head in a disbelieving manner, and walked away ;)

Sooooooo, in answer to your question, nope, those responses ain't I, and if I do have this "inner woman" buls*** that you speak of, believe me Bro, it ain't comin out on a golf forum with a bunch of Dudes, Nomatter how great they are or how much I care for them-

Nope, if I have this "inner woman" runnin around in this demented organ that I call a brain/mind, she's comin out full bore......

4" stilettos, black garters/hose, the full Monty-

One thing that I've always believed in-

If you're gonna "go?".........

F*** big!

Go Huge :)

Regarding the question pertaining to schizoaffective disorder?

Could be, though the shrinks that I've been to have never mentioned it, and Lord knows, a few really wanted to know what made me tick...

I said that's easy, all ya had to do was ask Bro......

A Beautiful Blond who rocks my world......

A Beautiful set of blades sittin in my bag......

A Benz SUV in the driveway.......

Pretty simple really :)

As always Bro, it's been my pleasure!!

Stay Well, keep Swingin and don't ever give up point....

Very, very few can lead from the front :)

Fairways &amp; Greens 4ever My Friend,
Richard
[/quote]

FWIW it was all that pink you wear (hee hee).

I'll take technical point in threads with my buds but I've given up on WRX and most threads in general. I confess that I have seen the mods wipe out my complete explanation of the physics of a CB (in the blade users thread), basically stating it's opinion (LOL my Berkeley chemE degree taught me nothing but "opinion"...GTFOH). I've also been worn down by trolls that adhere to the marketing HALF-TRUTH "physics" and basically their whole mission in threads is to denigrate my posts. So I've realized that WRX wants to promote the marketing HALF-TRUTH "physics". And that is fine and undersood. But I'm still a believer that WRX is a place where friends can share their golf stories (like you and I are doing right now) and so that is what I will and want to do. And you know what the irony is? It was being trolled on WRX to begin with that pushed me to explore the complete physics of golf. And now I just want to share what I've learned with friends and anyone that wants a rational discussion and a healthy debate.

Also I want to mention that your support of what I have to say is much appreciated and I will NEVER forget that.

Registered Bladeocrat

I gotta figure out Richard's technique on Wrx. He's never here. His posts appear and "poof" he's gone. The man is like a golf shot. Takes about 2 seconds to take care of business and its over and done with (for the moment).

Ever think about the math of a round when you are actually golfing? "X" strokes times 2 seconds??? LMAO - we only actually PLAY golf for about three minutes or less per round.

Smelling the roses - taking it all in - enjoying the camaraderie... something has to fill up the rest of those three + hours.

Yup... gotta figure out Richard's technique here.... must be tied to the reason he's always been a Player.