The 9th circle of confession.

Nine Miler

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445807661' post='12505254']
Can anyone help with the youtube thing? I don't have an account/have any idea what I'm doing.
[/quote]

Nine if you have a gmail account then making a youtube account is super easy. Once you sign up for youtube, all you have to do is look for the upload button in the top right of the screen. After that it ask you to select a file from your computer, select the video and it will upload then be published. At that time it will ask you if you want the video "private" meaning only friends will be able to see it. I just make the swing videos public so it's easier to access. I hope I didn't miss any steps, but I'm pretty computer stupid and it didn't take me longer than 15 minutes to sign up and upload, I'm sure you'll be just fine bro LOL I hope that helps a little

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1445794930' post='12504742']
[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445768718' post='12503738']
[quote name='Palauan Hammer' timestamp='1445763378' post='12503672']
Boy oh boy Lydia Ko is something special, she is in fact my favorite golfer by a MILE! Go Lydia!

MC, if your thinking about getting some G30 I'd wait a minute as I think there is a new line coming out in Jan/Feb, there could be a price drop on those G30's soon brah!

Great posts as usual everyone!

Looking forward to some shaft talk, personally I think shafts can be more important than the actual club head. That however is only an opinion and based off of my experience. Mainly with the driver. When I accidentally found the shaft my swing gets along with in the driver swing it literally changed my; game. Pretty crazy the difference in ball flight, spin, dispersion, and distance. Lastly it gave me more confidence off the tee, which then leaked into the rest of my game. So the new driver I have has a different shaft, I did some research and it should work for me, if not "old faithful" is getting screwed in immediately LOL
[/quote]

Can't believe I've missed this thread...

I agree about Lydia... Also, after reading your post, senior shafts make sense to me all of a sudden... (duh)

But that's not why I'm posting, Forged, on page 5 you mentioned nose hairs, I bought one of those nose hair trimmers last year. You know,the one where the guy on the commercial is a loser until he buys it, then he trims his ears and nose, and this chick is all over him? Well, anyway, it works OK I guess, problem is I guess if you're young you don't need it and the chicks want you anyway, and if you're old like me, you can't see to use it. Now, on your nose, it pretty much goes in there, and rips out the hairs like a roto-rooter. At least they're gone, but my advice to any golfer is don't play for like 24 hours because your eyes get watery and you end up hitting into other fairways cause you can't see straight... :) However my wife still wants me.. yay
[/quote]

Welcome Sixty! I think you'll fit in perfectly here, lol.

Cobi (my wife) bought me a nose hair trimmer but I lost it. I need to
get another one. :D

You know what bugs women? BACK HAIR!! LOL. I don't have a whole lot
but Cobi buzzes it off when she grooms me each month.
[/quote]

Yeah, you have me thinking now, maybe us older guys should write a book (OK a thread) for younger guys on what to look out for when they get older...
I like the grooming part, I hadn't thought of that, it opens up all kinds of possibilities. I mean when you get married you're the groom, why not reverse it later?
By the way has she tried Back Nair for Men? (Do not get it on your eyebrows)
Anyway, we could help young guys prepare with stuff like how selective hearing works, how to hold gas when stuck in crowds (non petroleum based), timing on how to act sick before family get-togethers and how/when to recover unbelievably quickly... just you know, little tips

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445808455' post='12505308']
Boy oh boy Lydia Ko is something special, she is in fact my favorite golfer by a MILE! Go Lydia!

MC, if your thinking about getting some G30 I'd wait a minute as I think there is a new line coming out in Jan/Feb, there could be a price drop on those G30's soon brah!

Looking forward to some shaft talk, personally I think shafts can be more important than the actual club head. That however is only an opinion and based off of my experience. Mainly with the driver. When I accidentally found the shaft my swing gets along with in the driver swing it literally changed my; game. Pretty crazy the difference in ball flight, spin, dispersion, and distance. Lastly it gave me more confidence off the tee, which then leaked into the rest of my game. So the new driver I have has a different shaft, I did some research and it should work for me, if not "old faithful" is getting screwed in immediately LOL
[/quote]

I agree about Lydia... Also, after reading your post, senior shafts make sense to me all of a sudden... (duh)

But that's not why I'm posting, Forged, on page 5 you mentioned nose hairs, I bought one of those nose hair trimmers last year. You know,the one where the guy on the commercial is a loser until he buys it, then he trims his ears and nose, and this chick is all over him? Well, anyway, it works OK I guess, problem is I guess if you're young you don't need it and the chicks want you anyway, and if you're old like me, you can't see to use it. Now, on your nose, it pretty much goes in there, and rips out the hairs like a roto-rooter. At least they're gone, but my advice to any golfer is don't play for like 24 hours because your eyes get watery and you end up hitting into other fairways cause you can't see straight... :) However my wife still wants me.. yay
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, you have me thinking now, maybe us older guys should write a book (OK a thread) for younger guys on what to look out for when they get older...
I like the grooming part, I hadn't thought of that, it opens up all kinds of possibilities. I mean when you get married you're the groom, why not reverse it later?
Anyway, we could help young guys prepare with stuff like how selective hearing works, how to hold gas when stuck in crowds (non petroleum based), timing on how to act sick before family get-togethers and how/when to recover unbelievably quickly... just you know, little tips
[/quote]

Never pass up a bathroom or waste a good erection.

When your arms aren't long enough to read, it's time to get some cheater glasses.

LOL Sixty, I'd probably read that book! Confession, just this past year I found my first 4 gray hairs..3 in the beard and one on the chest haha, and so it begins!

Btw Sixty, anyone ever tell you you look like Boz Scaggs? It's not identical but you too could be Brothers for sure LOL!!

Also, nice studio set up you have there in your video, I'm a fellow musician as well. I play drums and sing, I can play guitar also but nothing spectacular.

Edit: Boz Scaggz video just for reference, one of my favorites from him. Although it was written by Bobby Caldwell.

[url="https://youtu.be/tngdqe0r-PY"]https://youtu.be/tngdqe0r-PY[/url]

[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1445809075' post='12505354']
[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445808455' post='12505308']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Never pass up a bathroom or waste a good erection.

When your arms aren't long enough to read, it's time to get some cheater glasses.
[/quote]

Or trust a fart :) Sixty if looked back in the confession archives there is quite a bit of old guy stuff but don't bother cause there will be more.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

welcome aboard sixty,from a fellow old timer ! This thread is very unusual on wrx....none of us do the trolling thing(unless I can catch DeNinja ),and we really
don't care what anyone plays,or does,except from an interested standpoint ! We do seem to have a large percentage of truckin' guys...and
we do have a lot of guys playing from the other side.I would say the wrong side,but they outnumber us on this thread,so they may be on
the right side !
Ham and Rad I committed a major goof today..She who must be obeyed went to the crafts store...and Golfsmith was right beside it...so
I hit some Ez Forged....should not have done that....now I have the bug....my poor old 13 year old Cobras are in dire peril !
I have been tied up for the last week or so...checked in a few times....and you guys are rolling along !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

And sixty,i am a proud member of the age group who do not care what the date is,or what day it is ! Since I retired,i am becoming convinced this is
the way it was meant to be...7 Saturdays ! Life is great !

And Ham...I put a Project X,hand crafted in my old R9,and it made a world of difference.I had heard a lot of guys talking about
good shafts...well...they're correct. Like you,I have no idea why it works...but it sure does > I will be an avid listener
when the shaft thread starts !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

[quote name='billh17' timestamp='1445810172' post='12505410']
welcome aboard sixty,from a fellow old timer ! This thread is very unusual on wrx....none of us do the trolling thing(unless I can catch DeNinja ),and we really
don't care what anyone plays,or does,except from an interested standpoint ! We do seem to have a large percentage of truckin' guys...and
we do have a lot of guys playing from the other side.I would say the wrong side,but they outnumber us on this thread,so they may be on
the right side !
Ham and Rad I committed a major goof today..She who must be obeyed went to the crafts store...and Golfsmith was right beside it...so
I hit some Ez Forged....should not have done that....now I have the bug....my poor old 13 year old Cobras are in dire peril !
I have been tied up for the last week or so...checked in a few times....and you guys are rolling along !
[/quote]

Mizzy EZ Forged aye, they look good to me! If you like em' I say get em' just never get rid of those Cobra's though, it's nice to have old reliable on stand by just in case as you know all to well with your NIke and R9 drivers! Hope all is well Billh :taunt:

[quote name='Palauan Hammer' timestamp='1445809413' post='12505364']
LOL Sixty, I'd probably read that book! Confession, just this past year I found my first 4 gray hairs..3 in the beard and one on the chest haha, and so it begins!

Btw Sixty, anyone ever tell you you look like Boz Scaggs? It's not identical but you too could be Brothers for sure LOL!!

Also, nice studio set up you have there in your video, I'm a fellow musician as well. I play drums and sing, I can play guitar also but nothing spectacular.
[/quote]

Thanks, we took that from my son's studio. That was actually in my house. I do news intros and commercial voice overs for a local radio station so we have some pretty nice stuff.

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1445810540' post='12505430']
[quote name='Palauan Hammer' timestamp='1445809413' post='12505364']

[/quote]

Thanks, we took that from my son's studio. That was actually in my house. I do news intros and commercial voice overs for a local radio station so we have some pretty nice stuff.
[/quote]

Cool! One day I would like to have a little home studio/band room. I applied at some radio stations many years ago, I was supposed to do voice overs, it never went through though.

Thx Ham...everything is fine now...just some family issues to deal with. My granddaughter married a guy whose intellect is almost enough
to screw in a light bulb,without breaking it...one out of 3....lol...had to spend a lot of time getting my baby's house fixed up before i'd let
her move in...lol....
and you're correct on the back up clubs ! lol

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445810748' post='12505438']
Ok, let's try this. The quality is godawful and you'll need to do some scrolling as I apparently take forever to waggle in slow motion. Lol.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VMwo0byyH"]https://www.youtube....ch?v=4VMwo0byyH[/url]

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zdn5wvePeI"]https://www.youtube....h?v=0zdn5wvePeI[/url]
[/quote]

Nice swing Nine, the first vid. link doesn't want to play, maybe it's not done publishing. BUT nice swing, I'm trying to get my hips to stay back and clear like yours, I have a extremely mild case of the dreaded humping of the goat, emphasis on extremely mild LOL

[quote name='billh17' timestamp='1445810889' post='12505448']
Thx Ham...everything is fine now...just some family issues to deal with. My granddaughter married a guy whose intellect is almost enough
to screw in a light bulb,without breaking it...one out of 3....lol...had to spend a lot of time getting my baby's house fixed up before i'd let
her move in...lol....
[/quote]

Best wishes to your family and congrats to your Granddaughter, we can only hope her husband can get it together. Perhaps he's still just really wet behind the ears, I'm sure he'll man up as they say LOL 1 out of 3 yikes hahaha :to_become_senile::)

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445810748' post='12505438']
Ok, let's try this. The quality is godawful and you'll need to do some scrolling as I apparently take forever to waggle in slow motion. Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VMwo0byyH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zdn5wvePeI
[/quote]

Swing looks good to me. You're standing on the wrong side of the ball though. Always wanted to say that.

Didn't want to play the top video.

Ham, play the bottom one and then click on his name you can see the other.

[quote name='billh17' timestamp='1445810889' post='12505448']
her move in...lol....
[/quote]

It's amazing the people who can't even paint a room. They have to watch a youtube video on how to mow the grass. LOL!

I like the looks of the new EZ Forged. A lot of nice looking irons out there. I've been eyeballing the Pings and the Callaway Apex today.

[quote name='billh17' timestamp='1445810381' post='12505420']
And sixty,i am a proud member of the age group who do not care what the date is,or what day it is ! Since I retired,i am becoming convinced this is
the way it was meant to be...7 Saturdays ! Life is great !
[/quote]

Good for you billh17.. I always like to hear about guys who retire and are happy that they did.
At 64 I'm planning to work until I'm 70, just because.. but I did call the SS office the other day to ask about signing up for Medicare which I understand you should do whether you're going to retire or not around your 65th birthday. It was weird calling them, seems like I was just 18 a few weeks ago.
Anyway, I'm really glad for you. Hope you have a long happy retirement.

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1445811976' post='12505502']
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VMwo0byyHw

Let's try this. Same as the on the didn't play. It's a poor quality one, but there is one in full speed. I hope it works.
[/quote]

That's a really nice swing. You are like Ham in that your lead arm points at the ball at the top. Your downswing plane is near perfect. Stability of the spine angle is near perfect too. Nice natural rhythm as well.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445815435' post='12505674']
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VMwo0byyHw

Let's try this. Same as the on the didn't play. It's a poor quality one, but there is one in full speed. I hope it works.
[/quote]

That's a really nice swing. You are like Ham in that your lead arm points at the ball at the top. Your downswing plane is near perfect. Stability of the spine angle is near perfect too. Nice natural rhythm as well.
[/quote]

Thank you sir

[quote name='billh17' timestamp='1445810172' post='12505410']
This thread is very unusual on wrx....none of us do the trolling thing(unless I can catch DeNinja )
[/quote]

I got issues, man.

https://youtu.be/BmrqvVBf210

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445800573' post='12504940']
[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1445769111' post='12503744']
OK I told you guys I never considered myself a great ball striker and here is proof this is my worn slap out VIP wedge

[attachment=3006512:20151013_172014.jpg]
[/quote]

I dunno Stu. Wedges that have that ONE wear spot on them are cool to look at. BUT...

We open them up, we shut them down. We move them forward and back in the stance. We apply more and then sometimes less shaft lean. We at times lift the heel and apply the old "chip-putt" technique.

That ONE exact wear spot in the exact center of the face of a wedge? Really cool when you see it but I always wonder when that one appears if the golfer showing that off only uses that one club for one type of shot. Could be wrong here.... but even a broken clock gets it right a couple of times daily. LOL.
[/quote]It aint worn in just the center it is worn all over the face look at the toe. It has a wear spot bigger than a dime size more like between a quarter and fifty cent piece. One of the guys in our gang looked at it the other day and said damn! that is worn out all over the face. the Miura dealer told him Studebaker (thats his nickname for me) never has claimed to be a ball striker

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

[/quote]

[/quote]OMG I think I saw that face on America's Most Wanted or was it the post office?? LOL welcome to the civilized section of WRX

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1445785388' post='12504260']
[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1445757412' post='12503640']
Time to poke DePhysicist ... I cannot wait to see what you think of Cobra's upcoming "Zero CG" driver. :)

[/quote]

LOL the chemist calling the chemE a physicist. A chemist is nothing but a physicist that memorized the periodic table! :taunt: I can't wait to see what you think!

To me I understand the concept and think it is a step in the right direction because yes you want the CG of the driver to fall right in the path of the clubhead that goes directly into the CG of the ball. As the ads state (and I have been squawking about all along, dammit!), this is [i]more efficient energy transfer[/i]. When the CGs are on the [i]same exact collision path[/i], there is the [i]least amount [/i]of torque and stress on the clubhead. These forces cost energy that comes from the swing, and thus that energy is NOT put towards propelling the ball forward, making it (theoretically) less efficient. So yes lowering the CG to be on that neutral path line is the best scenario, BUT there are some things to consider with this...

1) The design assumes all golfers can still put that CG on the path that it was designed for. And they can be consistent with it. Some golfers may have already found the ideal path with other drivers that don't have this feature. So while this design looks good on paper, it may not be that significant of a change and improvement compared to other drivers. Nonetheless, the concept is theoretically a good one.

2) I'm still of the position that a CG, even though it is on the right path line, being set back from the point of impact is not as good from a variability standpoint. The further back the CG is, the[i] more precise[/i] the path has to be. That distance between the CG and the impact point (i.e. the face) basically exacerbates the error of the forces at impact. So it is theoretically better to have the CGs closer in relation to each other at impact.

I'm not sure how much either of these will be a factor but I'm throwing them on the table for consideration.
[/quote]I understand that completely and have been doing some weighting and tuning on a R-9 I got for free. I have it set neutral for now and have moved the weight around heel back and toe trying to get the feel right. Now I actually played it in a money match yesterday and hit 2 really scorched drives but had control issues with it compaired to the Hathaway. Worked with it on the range today but forgot the shaft was adjustable so did not bring a Torx head wrench. Moved the lead tape around some finally got it in the heel which is dammned odd for me considering I do not like clubs slugged in the hosel or draw bias weighted. Hit it pretty straight with my slight cut after that. The shaft is nothing new for me just my standard old UST 65 Gold. This is one I am going to work on a little harder to get right. ON the other post about the M-1 about the heat and expansion rates you were thinking on the same lines as I was and again as usual you put the science to practicality and it came out just as I thought.

[quote name='ZAP' timestamp='1445823669' post='12506244']
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VMwo0byyHw"]https://www.youtube....h?v=4VMwo0byyHw[/url]

[/quote]

Is that Miles of Golf?
[/quote]

That's Carl's. It was raining, and I know the folks there. Don't usually prefer mats, but I was looking at some gear anyhow.

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445798204' post='12504844']
[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1445766951' post='12503720']
I think that, if money is no object AND if your swing "never" changes (i.e. head speed, toe down, etc), the right shaft could really make a game. I'll use the recent little fun testing and previous experience to try to explain myself...

[b]The same sort of thing goes along with my irons. I have been a DG S300 player forever (exception: The Hogan Radial irons when I started were whatever Hogan shaft they used). When I went to get fit for my MP-4 irons, they had me at 94MPH, 6 swing tempo - 4 toe down - 6 kick angle - 5 release factor which give me the DG X100 as the best fit. In the end, I went with DG S300 knowing I would rather be near the top of the range for a shaft than barely in the range.[/b]

... Now to add another twist to the tale, all shafts EXCEPT my Steelfiber are standard loft/lie/length. My irons are 1/2 in SHORTER by design for more control and I am still getting better club head speed!

... and now to win the lotto and see. :)
[/quote]

Great POST followed by my dumb-ice questions...

A) Is there a chart somewhere that lays out the same variables you just listed which matches up the shaft to these variables?

B) Why do YOU think the slightly shortened shaft increased clubhead speed for YOU? I totally believe you but wondered what's going on behind WHY.

Editorial comment: I "think" this has come up in posts here and there before on Wrx... I subscribe to there being a clear difference in swing speed and clubhead speed. Its likely to be viewed as me splitting nose hairs... but the swing has rhythm and tempo. That can and even will often have very little to do with actual clubhead speed. For sure, a golfer "can" speed up his shoulders or amp up his tempo.... but I personally maintain these individual elements of "speed" should not be confused with CLUB HEAD speed. The release itself... and all the kinetic doo-dads leading up to that release are what determines final club head speed.

That one is probably an eye-roller for you guys and I get that it might be...Sorry if so. Sometimes I post such things in part as a reminder of the things I personally took way too long before "getting it" - and may at times drag my buds into my own world a little too much.
[/quote]

1) I really wish there was a chart beyond what you have seen posted earlier in this thread. There is also "fitting" software on the websites for many shaft companies. Mizuno has software that suggests a top 3 choices based on their test data, and I think there is a new system from Srixon that does the same (I saw some new "driver" with a digital window on it plugged in at the local golf store recently but haven't asked about it yet).

2) When it comes to adding club head velocity with slightly shorter iron shafts, my gut feel is my timing is better with the slightly shorter shaft. Granted, it might be the shaft itself and "standard" length might have been even a little faster, but I will not know unless I find a demo club to test against mine as I am not about to mess with pulling the shaft in mine (Callaway's Tour guys built them and I am not about to mess with it unless I have to). :)

Things I have noticed, and was taught from the start, about golf.
- People who look like they swing hard usually aren't as fast as those who look smooth.
- Scrawny "kids" these days just BOMB it past me, but play to 10-12 'caps. One at the local store and I were hitting a new 6 iron demo ... me 175 and him ... 210 yards. Yeah... darn kids need to get off my lawn! :)
- Zero CG golf clubs still have a CG regardless of the marketing voodoo.
- Longer shafts don't always mean longer ball flight... better TIMING and ball strike means more distance.
- If I putted half as well as I hit fairways ... just saying.
- The more "interesting" the course, the more I tend to focus and play well.

Back to hoping I get a chance to play this week... and the sinus infection goes away so I can play.

[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1445823932' post='12506280']
[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1445798204' post='12504844']
[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1445766951' post='12503720']
I think that, if money is no object AND if your swing "never" changes (i.e. head speed, toe down, etc), the right shaft could really make a game. I'll use the recent little fun testing and previous experience to try to explain myself...

[b]The same sort of thing goes along with my irons. I have been a DG S300 player forever (exception: The Hogan Radial irons when I started were whatever Hogan shaft they used). When I went to get fit for my MP-4 irons, they had me at 94MPH, 6 swing tempo - 4 toe down - 6 kick angle - 5 release factor which give me the DG X100 as the best fit. In the end, I went with DG S300 knowing I would rather be near the top of the range for a shaft than barely in the range.[/b]

... Now to add another twist to the tale, all shafts EXCEPT my Steelfiber are standard loft/lie/length. My irons are 1/2 in SHORTER by design for more control and I am still getting better club head speed!

... and now to win the lotto and see. :)
[/quote]

Great POST followed by my dumb-ice questions...

A) Is there a chart somewhere that lays out the same variables you just listed which matches up the shaft to these variables?

B) Why do YOU think the slightly shortened shaft increased clubhead speed for YOU? I totally believe you but wondered what's going on behind WHY.

Editorial comment: I "think" this has come up in posts here and there before on Wrx... I subscribe to there being a clear difference in swing speed and clubhead speed. Its likely to be viewed as me splitting nose hairs... but the swing has rhythm and tempo. That can and even will often have very little to do with actual clubhead speed. For sure, a golfer "can" speed up his shoulders or amp up his tempo.... but I personally maintain these individual elements of "speed" should not be confused with CLUB HEAD speed. The release itself... and all the kinetic doo-dads leading up to that release are what determines final club head speed.

That one is probably an eye-roller for you guys and I get that it might be...Sorry if so. Sometimes I post such things in part as a reminder of the things I personally took way too long before "getting it" - and may at times drag my buds into my own world a little too much.
[/quote]

1) I really wish there was a chart beyond what you have seen posted earlier in this thread. There is also "fitting" software on the websites for many shaft companies. Mizuno has software that suggests a top 3 choices based on their test data, and I think there is a new system from Srixon that does the same (I saw some new "driver" with a digital window on it plugged in at the local golf store recently but haven't asked about it yet).

2) When it comes to adding club head velocity with slightly shorter iron shafts, my gut feel is my timing is better with the slightly shorter shaft. Granted, it might be the shaft itself and "standard" length might have been even a little faster, but I will not know unless I find a demo club to test against mine as I am not about to mess with pulling the shaft in mine (Callaway's Tour guys built them and I am not about to mess with it unless I have to). :)

Things I have noticed, and was taught from the start, about golf.
- People who look like they swing hard usually aren't as fast as those who look smooth.
- Scrawny "kids" these days just BOMB it past me, but play to 10-12 'caps. One at the local store and I were hitting a new 6 iron demo ... me 175 and him ... 210 yards. Yeah... darn kids need to get off my lawn! :)
- Zero CG golf clubs still have a CG regardless of the marketing voodoo.
- Longer shafts don't always mean longer ball flight... better TIMING and ball strike means more distance.
- If I putted half as well as I hit fairways ... just saying.
- The more "interesting" the course, the more I tend to focus and play well.

Back to hoping I get a chance to play this week... and the sinus infection goes away so I can play.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same on the CG. You and Denincompoop are the science guys but if it has weight and mass wouldn't it have to have CG?