EVNROLL putters

Honman

PGA Superstore wrote back this morning apologizing for the putter getting shipped in that condition.

They are overnighting me another putter and I will return this one.

Hopefully the next is flawless.

Props to PGA Superstore for the prompt reply and affirmative effort to address this.

Will post when the next arrives.

Edit: One other note - this putter arrived without the traditional plastic wrapping over the clubhead that every other club I have ordered has had on it. If the new putter arrives with that wrap, I can be fairly certain this club was "used" at the store, perhaps as a tester. I would also note that PGA Superstore is shipping another putter from a second store as they said this putter was the "last one" in the store where it was shipped from. That could lend credence to this being a tester too.

Replacement putter arrived today. It was wrapped appropriately.

And its milling is good.

Oddly, there are still some slight imperfections between the grooves, as if small particles were missed and then coated over.

But you wouldn't ever notice that without a bright light.

I am happy with the putter overall.

Kudos to PGA Superstore for making this right in a painless fashion.

Will get it out on the course in the next couple of weeks.

Any news on a plumbers neck version? I tend to line up putts left without enough offset.

They might come out with new versions down the road. Maybe an email to EVNROLL will let you know if they are able/willing to customize one?

Good call - I shot them an e-mail through their website. We'll see if they respond.

Any news on a plumbers neck version? I tend to line up putts left without enough offset.

They might come out with new versions down the road. Maybe an email to EVNROLL will let you know if they are able/willing to customize one?

Good call - I shot them an e-mail through their website. We'll see if they respond.

Said they eventually hope to bring additional options to the line but it won't be anytime soon.

Said they eventually hope to bring additional options to the line but it won't be anytime soon.

Hopefully they can make a putter that fits your needs eventually. Obviously you know what works for you, so no point in throwing money at something that does not suit you...

Couple pictures for reference:

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

what kind of sound at impact do these putters make. are all models similar in feel and sound? Crossfield did a review and the hatchback er5 made a hideous ping sound. is this accurate or was i hearing things. i'm more interested in the er2 but just wondering.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

what kind of sound at impact do these putters make. are all models similar in feel and sound? Crossfield did a review and the hatchback er5 made a hideous ping sound. is this accurate or was i hearing things. i'm more interested in the er2 but just wondering.

I can speak for the ER5, though not the other models. It does have a "ping" sound to it, though IMO not as bad as the Crossfield video makes it sound. Depending on where the ball strikes, the sound differs enough to provide feedback. It might take a little while to get used to, though I prefer listening to the sound of the ball hitting the back of the cup.

By no means am I an expert on putter sound and feel, and I do realize this is very important to some...

Hoosier I have tried all their models at the PGA Tour Superstores and the ER5 is the only one that makes a slightly different noise at impact. The ER2 definitely does not!

Hopefully they can make a putter that fits your needs eventually. Obviously you know what works for you, so no point in throwing money at something that does not suit you...

Couple pictures for reference:

This looks like a perfect 2 ball epoxy fill candidate to me!

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that the reason for the production "stop" on the Ping Ketsch a few years back was because they had a hush hush groove problem. Well, the problem was they were milling a similar variable groove as Guerin Rife had patented so they had to stop all production. The newer Ketsch putters have a groove with a consistent width.

BTW, I am getting the ER6, and gonna call it "The Big Red Machine" in honor of the 1970-1979 Cinncinati Reds

Cobra King LTD driver @12* w/Paderson Kinetix Green IMRT shaft
Cobra Bio Cell 3-4W - 16*
Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid - 19*
Cobra King F6 4-GW w/Matrix Red Tie graphite
Bellum Winmore 707 Putter 33"
Snell MTB & Bridgestone B330RX

One weird thing about this putter is the sound. When I putted with it, it seemed like there was a sound slot due to the "ping" noise it produced, but no slot was visible

Which model?

Ping G425 Max w/Accra FX-250 M3 shaft
Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver 14 degree
Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood
Titlist VG3 Type-D 5-PW irons w/Nippon Zelos 7 shafts
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 48, 54, 58 (all 2 dot)
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 putter

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I heard about the New Evn roll putter and stopped in to check it out today at PGA SS Shenandoah Texas,

Jamie helped me and was very knowledgeable and helpful regarding putters ended up getting the ER 1 putter I have been rolling it into the center of my practice green quite accurate only missed 1 out of 20 because I did not hit it hard other wise it would have gone in as well.

Ask for Jamie if needing help getting fitted. he will do you right

I was putting with the Yes putter before and I like it alot, however always looking to lower my score and what better and fastest way to do it is with your putting, so this may be my magic wand.

Shout out to EVNROLL customer service here--worked with Travis to adjust the lie angle and length on my ER6, and to swap the standard 35" weight for the 34" version to make it a bit heavier. They also threw on one of their pistol grips...all for the cost of shipping. Got a phone call to discuss the changes, and they shipped it back to me later that day. Not sure if this kind of turnaround time is typical given their seriously heavy workload since the MGS article,, but I was impressed. Very, very happy customer here.

Most importantly, the putter is really solid. Need more testing on course to say if it's definitively better for me than other similar mallets I've used, but evidence from the first 5 rounds with it indicates that I'm saving about 2-3 strokes per round on the green, with putts of lengths comparable to those I had in rounds not using the putter. Really, really nice product.

Are these worth it? They seem fantastic, but like Toulon they might not gain followers

The price is comparable to other CNC milled Stainless Steel putters. Is an SC 009 worth $7,500? The question is more about value. I was willing to pay for my putter, and am happy with my purchase. YMMV.

Just got fit in Carlsbad at the Evnroll facility. Travis did the fitting and was great to work with... knowledgeable, technical, patient, and generally concerned that I get the right putter and correctly fit. Cool process that took just over an hour and had things rolling very well when complete. I did not expect to end up with the putter that I did.

I'm a 5 hcp and I do not have a forward press and hang hands a bit low. We ended up 33.5 inches, 370 gram head, 2 deg flat and -3 loft (yes - negative). The roll board they use proved very helpful.

I Purchaed a new version of the er6 that they plan to release at the PGA show next month. Its black, which is much more appealing to me over the red. Also a new grip that has a flat front (same size as their std).

Great company to deal with and great product!

Just got fit in Carlsbad at the Evnroll facility. Travis did the fitting and was great to work with... knowledgeable, technical, patient, and generally concerned that I get the right putter and correctly fit. Cool process that took just over an hour and had things rolling very well when complete. I did not expect to end up with the putter that I did.

I'm a 5 hcp and I do not have a forward press and hang hands a bit low. We ended up 33.5 inches, 370 gram head, 2 deg flat and -3 loft (yes - negative). The roll board they use proved very helpful.

I Purchaed a new version of the er6 that they plan to release at the PGA show next month. Its black, which is much more appealing to me over the red. Also a new grip that has a flat front (same size as their std).

Great info here. Thanks!

Glad to hear the are going to have a black ER6. Thank you for posting!

Ping G425 Max w/Accra FX-250 M3 shaft
Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver 14 degree
Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood
Titlist VG3 Type-D 5-PW irons w/Nippon Zelos 7 shafts
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 48, 54, 58 (all 2 dot)
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 putter

Just watched a video where a guy used the putt machine to analyze off center hits and review the club (ER1 I believe). Ali something or other...Just came out on his channel yesterday.

Long story short, he found that indeed using the exact same putt speed, the ball traveled almost exactly the same distances on off center hits. One surprising thing though; the CG is slightly biased toward the heel. This means that if you actually strike the center of the club face, you will see very small amounts of twisting. This leads me to think that the ER5 and ER6 are the better of the choices, unless you constantly strike the putter closer toward the heel. I would gather the higher MOI of ER6 would make the twisting almost non existent, even if CG was not purely in center.

Might not make a dif for guys who already stink at putting like me, but for a scratch/pro guy, it might matter.

Ok

I played about 2 weeks ago and had 30 putts with my yes putter, cant complain. Then played this tuesday with my new er1 evnroll and had 27 putts, so this magic wand was very good to me.

Also on the long putts that I had all were tap ins , so distance was sweet. I really liked my yes but I really really really like my new magic wand evnroll.

I choose the ER1 because it is in my eye going back with a simply more perpendicular view a longer blade than the ER2. although I sure like the 2 as well.

• 1 month later...