EVNROLL putters

Honman

For those that have these putters, how does it fair on longer putts (~30' - 50')? All of the tests and reviews published seem to focus on 5'-20', so I am wondering if longer distance mishits, with the help of the groove correction design, over compensate directionally and distance-wise. I may be wildly over thinking this...

My opinion is there is no compensation direction wise.

There is however distance wise. While its hard to test by hand, I can see its much more consistant off heel/toe/center getting the same forward distance. Compared to my odyssey and cameron putter I have.

I also feel like because of the grooves you need to hit it a foot or so farther then you think on the longer putts.

For those that have these putters, how does it fair on longer putts (~30' - 50')? All of the tests and reviews published seem to focus on 5'-20', so I am wondering if longer distance mishits, with the help of the groove correction design, over compensate directionally and distance-wise. I may be wildly over thinking this...

There is however distance wise. While its hard to test by hand, I can see its much more consistant off heel/toe/center getting the same forward distance. Compared to my odyssey and cameron putter I have.

I also feel like because of the grooves you need to hit it a foot or so farther then you think on the longer putts.

If it's just distance wise I thought the grooves on the Ketsch already help with that...

The ketsch grooves really are no different then any flat milled face putter. They are uniform all the way across like a flat milled putter. the difference is they start the ball rolling faster vs the ball skidding. Making them easier to be more consistent with.

The grooves being wider on the evnrolls outsides towards the toe and heel make up for loss of power on the off center hits. it gives more contact area to the ball. Higher moi leads to more consistent distances.

If there truly is a gear effect you will never notice it while playing. There is to much variation in aim/stroke/greens to ever say my ball just curved from the grooves. But you will notice the ball goes the distance you expected. Part of the reason I switched to the er2 was I has having distance consistency issues my my cameron x5 putter. Same feeling stroke would be way short or long way to long. I have yet to feel that way with the evnroll.

Ryan, thanks

I did not notice much compensation directionally, from what I can tell it just doesn't seem to twist as much as other putters on the mis-hits. I don't think the ball actually hooks or slices back towards the target, i just think it starts more online than other putter when struck on the heel or the toe.

As far as distance wise my three putting has dropped significantly, I think it is not only better distance control, but I am also making more of my shorter putts as well.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

The ketsch grooves really are no different then any flat milled face putter. They are uniform all the way across like a flat milled putter. the difference is they start the ball rolling faster vs the ball skidding. Making them easier to be more consistent with.

The grooves being wider on the evnrolls outsides towards the toe and heel make up for loss of power on the off center hits. it gives more contact area to the ball. Higher moi leads to more consistent distances.

If there truly is a gear effect you will never notice it while playing. There is to much variation in aim/stroke/greens to ever say my ball just curved from the grooves. But you will notice the ball goes the distance you expected. Part of the reason I switched to the er2 was I has having distance consistency issues my my cameron x5 putter. Same feeling stroke would be way short or long way to long. I have yet to feel that way with the evnroll.

Over at the "other spy site" they claim the Ketsch grooves actually do cause consistent distance on off center strikes...

EVNROLL,

Please hear my cry for a LEFTY ER2 ASAP. If it's already setup why not offer the option?

KING LTD PRO Driver & KING LTD 3 Wood Stock Stiff shafts and length
PING e1 Irons 5-PW and PING Glide SS 48,52,56,TS60 all with Stock Length and Black Lie angle with Nippon Modus 105 Stiff shafts
Odyssey 2 ball Fang Putter with Superstroke Pistol 1.0 Grip and Nike RZN Tour Platinum Ball

What is the purpose of the two milled dots on the topline? Is this Rife's new version of the "notch" from the original Rife putters?

- Josh

Depending on where the putt breaks, you line the top dot for right to left putts and the opposite for the bottom dot.

PS- this putter is the real deal. I was bagging a $1700 Bettinardi until I tried the ER1 and I'm never going back. Rife is on to something here.

What is the purpose of the two milled dots on the topline? Is this Rife's new version of the "notch" from the original Rife putters?

- Josh

Depending on where the putt breaks, you line the top dot for right to left putts and the opposite for the bottom dot.

PS- this putter is the real deal. I was bagging a $1700 Bettinardi until I tried the ER1 and I'm never going back. Rife is on to something here.

Interesting! I'd like to see a demo of the alignment method.

- Josh

Here's an except from the WRX review of the Ping Vault putters.

--------------------------

Not to be overlooked with the Vault putters is Ping’s new Precision-Milled TR Face Technology, which uses variable depth grooves to offer golfers better speed control on the greens. The design includes shallower grooves on the perimeter of the putter face, which are said to speed up mis-hit putts so they roll at the same speed as putts hit on the center of the putter face.

------------------------

So sounds like the Vault faces make for consistent distances.

Ping G425 Max w/Accra FX-250 M3 shaft
Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver 14 degree
Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood
Titlist VG3 Type-D 5-PW irons w/Nippon Zelos 7 shafts
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 48, 54, 58 (all 2 dot)
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 putter

Not to be overlooked with the Vault putters is Ping’s new Precision-Milled TR Face Technology, which uses variable depth grooves to offer golfers better speed control on the greens. The design includes shallower grooves on the perimeter of the putter face, which are said to speed up mis-hit putts so they roll at the same speed as putts hit on the center of the putter face.

------------------------

Well we were talking about the ketsch putter face not the vault face. I have no experience with the vault putters yet. regardless I did say their grooves make them "easier to be more consistent with".

I was debating just ordering a vault before the enroll but so far I am extremely happy with my er2.

------------------------

Well we were talking about the ketsch putter face not the vault face. I have no experience with the vault putters yet. regardless I did say their grooves make them "easier to be more consistent with".

I was debating just ordering a vault before the enroll but so far I am extremely happy with my er2.

I think the Ketsch had the TR grooves which do the same thing.

btw..i'm interested in the ER2 too :} :taunt:

Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood

I had this exact problem with the X5.

And I just ordered an ER2 - prior to seeing this post. This post made me happy that the Evnroll may be a better option for me.

So, I had a personal fitting at EVNROLL and Rife was there. He showed me all about the putters and I will post a review here this week.

Would love to hear about it and your thoughts on buying one without a fitting. I'm intrigued by the 5 Hatchback as I was thinking about trying that style, but tough to drop that amount of cash on an OTR putter which I have not seen in person.

I did not notice much compensation directionally, from what I can tell it just doesn't seem to twist as much as other putters on the mis-hits. I don't think the ball actually hooks or slices back towards the target, i just think it starts more online than other putter when struck on the heel or the toe.

As far as distance wise my three putting has dropped significantly, I think it is not only better distance control, but I am also making more of my shorter putts as well.

I thought the bolded above too. Until I saw this:

Not sure if I missed it on the EVNROLL website but is the ER2 face balanced?

15* toe down, a little different layout of the their site thank other companies, need to click "Details"

https://evnroll.com/...mid-blade.html/

Thanks! I wonder what similar model of putter that would compare to.

Currently I'm gaming the Scotty M2, which has a tiny bit of toe hang but I'm not sure how many degrees it is. If I had to eyeball it I'd guess somewhere in that 10 to 15 degree range but that's merely a guess.

Not sure if I missed it on the EVNROLL website but is the ER2 face balanced?

15* toe down, a little different layout of the their site thank other companies, need to click "Details"

https://evnroll.com/...mid-blade.html/

Is 15 degree like 3:30 toe hang?

Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood

15* is like 3:45 (1/4 of the way from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock), 20* is 4:00. 5* is basically 3:15.

Got it...so not a lot of toe hang.

Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood

My ER2 showed up this week. I was on a business trip so a bit of a delay on the box opening.

I have to admit I am unimpressed by the fit and finish of the head.

Everything else looks good but the actual head looks nowhere near as professionally produced and cared for as I would have expected for a putter priced akin to a Cameron. I purchased it online from the PGA Superstore.

In addition to the grooves being dinged, as if it was bounced around without a headcover during shipping, there are large clumps of unremoved, coated metal between some of the grooves.

Pics below.

When I first took the wrapping off, i actually assumed that perhaps this had been a tester in the shop. How else would the actual grooves get dented unless someone was picking it up and putting it down in a test rack? Presumably, it hasn't been out of its sleeve since it was made.

But then, on closed inspection, I saw rough patches in the milled out areas.

Clearly, this wasn't well-machined.

I am reluctant to send it back without hitting it - perhaps it plays just fine - but I can feel slight imperfections across the face as I run my fingers over it.

I am disappointed . . .

Here's a pic showing the dented grooves. The main stretch is about 2/3 of the way down - but you can see other apparent bang marks as well.

IMG_0860_zpsgruvap23.jpg

Here's a pic of the crap left between the grooves - two shots, one showing the size of the first glob on the left side in the first groove, and the second in a little different lighting showing the other globs in the other grooves.

IMG_0859_zpscnswa6cx.jpg

Those little "white dots" in the grooves don't wipe out/aren't lint, etc. Instead, they are coated imperfections in the metal.

IMG_0825_zpsityljfle.jpg

I should probably just play the damn club - but I am not a happy camper.

My ER2 showed up this week. I was on a business trip so a bit of a delay on the box opening.

I have to admit I am unimpressed by the fit and finish of the head.

Everything else looks good - but the actual head looks nowhere near as professionally produced and cared for as I would have expected for a putter priced akin to a Cameron. I purchased it online from the PGA Superstore.

In addition to the grooves being dinged, as if it was bounced around without a headcover during shipping, there are large clumps of unremoved, coated metal between some of the grooves.

Pics below.

When I first took the wrapping off, i actually assumed that perhaps this had been a tester in the shop. How else would the actual grooves get dented unless someone was picking it up and putting it down in a test rack? Presumably, it hasn't been out of its sleeve since it was made.

But then, on closed inspection, I saw rough patches in the milled out areas.

Clearly, this wasn't well-machined.

I am reluctant to send it back without hitting it - perhaps it plays just fine - but I can feel slight imperfections across the face as I run my fingers over it.

I am disappointed . . .

Here's a pic showing the dented grooves. The main stretch is about 2/3 of the way down - but you can see other apparent bang marks as well.

IMG_0860_zpsgruvap23.jpg

Here's a pic of the crap left between the grooves - two shots, one showing the size of the first glob on the left side in the first groove, and the second in a little different lighting showing the other globs in the other grooves.

IMG_0859_zpscnswa6cx.jpg

Those little "white dots" in the grooves don't wipe out/aren't lint, etc. Instead, they are coated imperfections in the metal.

IMG_0825_zpsityljfle.jpg

I should probably just play the damn club - but I am not a happy camper.

I actually notices this also with these putters. I was thrown off by how much they charged for them