2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

I think I'm going all top flite for the forseeable future.

kabal57

2nd week I've gamed cheap top flite balls, and I've been extremely impressed with them. Today was the tf bomb, d2+ distance and d2+ feel, and they are all flippin awesome.

Long, soft feeling and spin enough for short rollout chips and approaches, they really are great balls.

Add to that the fact that you can get most of them for .50 a ball, and it's a slam dunk for me. I know most here could care less because of the tf stigma, but they're outstanding bargains that do everything well, and I've been really pleased with their performance.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 to this whole statement. When I first started playing golf at 13 yrs old, obviously I wasn't good enough nor financially able to buy ProV's. But even now, I play them mainly because they don't spin off greens like ProV's, slice like Nike Platinum's, and feel like a rock like Callaway's. IMHO they play overall among the top for third of the price. Now, to be honest I still buy used 20XIs, But when I'm out of my gamers, I play the Top Flite Gamers. :taunt:

Of the 3, the bomb definitely flew highest and further.

I really liked the d2 distance off the putter, had 29 putts yesterday with it, but to be honest they all feel pretty good with the putter.

It may just be my imagination, but it seems like the d2 distance and feel stops better on chips, bomb seems to roll out more. I was lights out chipping with all 3 yesterday tho, had a good 5 or 6 within 3 feet for easy tap in one putts, and a few others that were to within about 6 feet.

I wanted to try out the xl 7000, didn't make it to the store before my round tho.

They're all pretty straignt off the tee and irons, you can fade them tho. I struggle hitting a draw, so didn't even try it, but I'd assume its possible. They do all stick to the line you hit them on pretty well tho, which is nice.. Straight is good as far as I'm concerned :)

Try the Gamer Soft and Gamer Tour too. I've been playing the Gamer Soft and have been getting the longest drives ever with them. Have 2 new boxes of Gamer Tour I'm gonna try for more green side spin. I'm hoping The GT doesn't give up too much distance to the GS.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

I bought some D2 feels last fall because they were cheap and they were much better than I thought. I had used the Wison Duo all summer and maybe the Duo was a little longer for me. They were really a nice surprise.

Driver- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

4H- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699U 21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges - Sub 70 286 50+54 degree

Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #11

Try the Gamer Soft and Gamer Tour too. I've been playing the Gamer Soft and have been getting the longest drives ever with them. Have 2 new boxes of Gamer Tour I'm gonna try for more green side spin. I'm hoping The GT doesn't give up too much distance to the GS.

I like the soft so far, want to try the tour but not sure when I will............very interested in your results with them

If I only played a 2 pc. Ball, I would play the d2+ feel and distance all day long.....the gamer models I've played are just ok, but I have not played the gamer soft or the 2016 gamer tour.

The d2 distance was as pleasant a surprise as the bomb was for me. Not as long as the bomb, but good and long and dead straight. Feel off the putter was the real clincher for me though. I bought 8 dozen tm superdeep on clearance recently and would send putts rocketing past the hole with them.. Which is hard to do because i play a bettinardi putter with fit face, which is normally extremely soft with everything.. The top flites have a great feel off the putter with predictable roll.

I have been singing the praises of the TF D2 Feel for years. It was the first fall/winter ball I tried when I returned to playing about 8 years ago. I pick up a BOGO every couple of years and continue to use this ball as one of my 2-3 fall/winter balls. Since I am still sitting on a couple dozen Gamer v2 from the $10 close out days, I have not been able to try the new versions. On a couple of occasions when playing with strangers, I have been told "you're too good to be playing with rock flites." It always brings a smile to my face. I like to announce to my regular playing partners when I am using them also.

Any discernible difference between the Feel vs Distance other than marketing? I need to restock after using most of my XL distance.

Nothing that really stands out, other than the fact that the d2 distance comes in yellow, the feel does not.

They both seem about the same distance..with the distance maybe being a little longer, and maybe the feel is a slightly softer.. It's hard to tell, but ball flight seemed about the same, maybe a touch higher with the feel. spin seems the same for both, they stop pretty well on approach shots but be prepared to play for 5-7 feet of roll out on chips. I think you could tee one up after the other without looking at the ink on the ball and have a hard time telling which is which, to be honest.

Picked up 2 dozen d2 feel and a dozen gamers on the way home. Just screwing around in the back yard, but they do feel much better. Now to see how they do on the course.

I think you'll find them quite agreeable.. They have such a good medium feel off the putter, and feel and sound good off the driver and irons. Just don't expect to rip them off the greens with backspin. But a hop or two and stop is quite doable. Good luck

Top Fli54 makes a really good ball. There isn't really much difference between golf balls for the average/or above average player. Top Flite got a bad reputation back in the 1970s because their balls were like hitting rocks, that rep has stayed with them for many years. I believe that they started producing better quality balls in the 1990s. Their Strata (maybe dead now?) and their Gamer are excellent balls.

I just recently joined here and after reading multiple posts about the gamers i went and got them from Dicks buy 2 get 1 free 19.99 each. Played them yesterday and man are they long! Not a super spinner but the distance and price is worth the switch. The gamer soft is my new ball

You'll be please with that purchase. Now, if only they made the GS in yellow!

So this is a little off topic but Top Flite nonetheless. I saw a review somewhere in another thread but for the life of me can't find it now. Anyone have any experience on the difference in distance between the Gamer vs the Gamer Tour? Have only played part of one round with the Tour so it's not much of a sample size, but seemed to be hitting everything really short (wedges, irons, etc). We did have some wind so I'm not sure if it was just the wind, or if I should be playing a club longer if I'm going to play the Tour's. May be a stupid question, but just couldn't make sense of it on the course.

So this is a little off topic but Top Flite nonetheless. I saw a review somewhere in another thread but for the life of me can't find it now. Anyone have any experience on the difference in distance between the Gamer vs the Gamer Tour? Have only played part of one round with the Tour so it's not much of a sample size, but seemed to be hitting everything really short (wedges, irons, etc). We did have some wind so I'm not sure if it was just the wind, or if I should be playing a club longer if I'm going to play the Tour's. May be a stupid question, but just couldn't make sense of it on the course.

The Gamer Tour has a urethane cover while the regular Gamer and Gamer Soft have Surlyn. I played the Gamer Tour for most of a season and liked it around the greens, but gained a significant amount of distance when I switched to the now discontinued U/3. That was in 2014 and I do not know if the 2016 version is any different.

The Gamer Tour has a urethane cover while the regular Gamer and Gamer Soft have Surlyn. I played the Gamer Tour for most of a season and liked it around the greens, but gained a significant amount of distance when I switched to the now discontinued U/3. That was in 2014 and I do not know if the 2016 version is any different.

In my experience, the Gamer Tour is shorter on all clubs, about half a club's worth I believe. This has actually been my experience with all urethane balls, not just the Gamer Tour. Where it lacks in distance, it makes up for in green side bite. I feel a lot more comfortable knowing my shots will check up instead of roll down the backside of the green. It's not a ProV1 bite, but it's good enough.

In my experience, the Gamer Tour is shorter on all clubs, about half a club's worth I believe. This has actually been my experience with all urethane balls, not just the Gamer Tour. Where it lacks in distance, it makes up for in green side bite. I feel a lot more comfortable knowing my shots will check up instead of roll down the backside of the green. It's not a ProV1 bite, but it's good enough.

How would you compare the bite of the tour vs gamer soft?

How would you compare the bite of the tour vs gamer soft?

Id say about 10-15ft difference in rollout depending on the shot.