2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

weed on the course?

Enzogorlami

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't smoke weed but don't care if guys i'm playing with do. Usually i get free doritos out of it

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Golf is my relaxation time. That being said, I do indeed partake. I don't always, and if I am paired with stranger I always flat out ask if they are fine with it. If they are not I am fine to enjoy golf without MJ.

Medical card and all of that jazz too.

I figure it's fine with most.

The only issue is if they want some. I have no problem sharing but I don't want people getting stupid.

Don't smoke, don't care if someone does though. Been paired up before where a stranger asks if we mind if he smokes. No problem, but this has happened before the usual "where ya from, whaddya do?" small talk. What if the answer is "I'm from here, and I'm a cop."? Or do weedies have a sixth sense about that?

Don't smoke, don't care if someone does though. Been paired up before where a stranger asks if we mind if he smokes. No problem, but this has happened before the usual "where ya from, whaddya do?" small talk. What if the answer is "I'm from here, and I'm a cop."? Or do weedies have a sixth sense about that?

I pulled some out while playing with an ex-cop once. He didn't mind, it's golf, and he was retired.

Just in general from people who do or don't smoke marijuana, do you like smoking while playing? Do non smokers care if their (random)playing partner partakes in the devils lettuce? Are there people here that would outright leave the course because they are so offended? Just curious

Do you like smoking while playing?

Just in general from people who do or don't smoke marijuana, do you like smoking while playing? Do non smokers care if their (random)playing partner partakes in the devils lettuce? Are there people here that would outright leave the course because they are so offended? Just curious

Do you like smoking while playing?

I do enjoy to smoke. It slows down my thought process. I usually smoke out of a vape pen and just lag back on the par 5s if I'm playing with people who look anti weed. But I've never had any problems with anyone on the course about it, so that's good.

I haven't smoked in years but I'd have no problem with anyone else doing it. If offered I probably wouldn't turn it down.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19° Hybrid

Ping ISI BENI 3-PW

Ping Glide 58ES

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I wouldn't on the course, but after sure.

Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Ping G 10.5 set at 9.9, tour ad di 6x
Titleist 915F set at A4 (16.5), Rouge Black 80s
Titleist 910H set at A1 (19), Diamana Whiteboard 90s
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, KBS Tour 120s
Titleist SM6 52(bent to 51), 56, 60. M grinds on the 56 and 60 F on the 51
Cameron Squareback.
ProV1x

Assistant Professional
PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"

Couldn't care less if people do it for the most part. I don't anymore, but spent a decent bit of my early twenties higher than a giraffe's a**. It wasn't one of those things that ever enhanced anything for me really, besides my appetite. Some people "get in the zone" with it, and great for them. I have other things that are for my back that help me along and keep me relaxed.

That being said, it's the same with drinking. Some people I have golfed with, namely my buddies cousin who subbed in our league last week, has some little e-cig like thing and smoked pure oil the whole time we played. By the end I'm surprised he could find his golf ball on the green, and so was he.

It's annoying when people just get stupid slow, but it's not any different than when they drink too much. Some people it affects in all the wrong ways, and other's you can hardly tell they've smoked. I care more about other near by patrons as I don't feel like getting the boot off the course since someone decided to rip a bowl 10' from a 70 yr old women. haha.

In before the lock...

Funniest thing I've ever seen was when I got paired with 2 older than I ladies (50's) on the first tee. On hole 5, they drove to the tee as fast as possible, hit their tee ball and hopped out and put a rain cover on the cart (it was 90* and not a cloud in the sky). They take off (before I hit my tee ball btw). Get to their spot in the fairway and sit there seemingly forever. They get out a couple minutes later with a cloud following them. Looked like a fog machine. End of the 9, they're stoned to the bone (they did this a couple more times) and then head to the cart shed. I never laughed so hard in my life.

One time my buddy and I got paired up with a much older twosome, and when we asked if they minded they said "only if you share." One of the most fun rounds I've ever played. One of guys (they both were at least 70) had a big masters logo tattoo in his forearm and would say the funniest one liners. After a shot that took a huge divot I remarked that it looked like as beaver pelt to which he looked me in the eyes and said "I love it when you talk dirty." Brought tears to my eyes, I was laughing so hard.

Ping G15 10.5* w/ Prolaunch Red S
Ping G15 18.5* w/ Prolite fairway X
Ping G10 21* w/ Oban Revenge S
Ping i15 4-W w/ PX satin 6.0
Ping Tour S 52* & 56*, Eye 2 60*
Ping Anser 2 Pat. Pending Black satin

One time my buddy and I got paired up with a much older twosome, and when we asked if they minded they said "only if you share." One of the most fun rounds I've ever played. One of guys (they both were at least 70) had a big masters logo tattoo in his forearm and would say the funniest one liners. After a shot that took a huge divot I remarked that it looked like as beaver pelt to which he looked me in the eyes and said "I love it when you talk dirty." Brought tears to my eyes, I was laughing so hard.

Ha!

Been a while for me, wonder if I'd partake if somebody had the "kind" on the course.

Could be cool. Like everything in slow mo. But then if it's really hot, you'd get some "cotton mouth" I would think. And eat all the hot dogs and chips ; )

from my experience they dont have a sixth sense. i have never been asked if i mind. thankfully I 1) dont care 2) am playing golf and not working 3) love the looks on the faces of folks when the work convo comes up after they have been smoking.

Used to do it all the time about 25 years ago. Many times the late afternoon twilight golf. Sometimes I played great and sometimes it was a flop. It always created a lot of laughs in the group though. Not sure I could do it anymore, but might be willing to give it a try if offered. May get paranoid now!!

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Callaway Mack Daddy 52/56 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Monterey

I can't stand the smell. That goes for people who smoke anything, I grew up in a smoking family and to this day I can't stand the smell of anything being smoked...I'm convinced it was growing up with that smell in the house, my clothes, the cars, etc. that has kept me from smoking anything ever in my life. But as long as I can't smell it, I don't care what someone does.

What's the story with legality in the US, i guess it varies by state?

In Canada pretty much all of our parties except the conservatives favor de-criminalizing it for recreational use. The current government is on record that they want to make it legal for recreational use and has recently announced publically that they will do this. It seems inevitable at this point that it will happen as our PM (Justin Trudeau) supports it and is going nowhere anytime soon

But even now i don't know anyone who has problems with the law with small amounts. And i don't know that any Police officers care about it truthfully, or are asked to care about it right now...at least when it comes to small amounts

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

What's the story with legality in the US, i guess it varies by state?

In Canada pretty much all of our parties except the conservatives favor de-criminalizing it for recreational use. The current government is on record that they want to make it legal for recreational use and has recently announced publically that they will do this. It seems inevitable at this point that it will happen as our PM (Justin Trudeau) supports it and is going nowhere anytime soon

But even now i don't know anyone who has problems with the law with small amounts. And i don't know that any Police officers care about it truthfully, or are asked to care about it right now...at least when it comes to small amounts

It's illegal here (we just voted down a proposal to make it legal, mostly due to some monopoly issues with production and distribution) and the police locally don't care. Right now, they have bigger issues around here, like meth and gang related shootings.

I'm sure it'll be on the ballot again next year, and if they can clean up the language around production and distribution, it'll eventually pass, become legal, and someone will tax the living hell out of it. I personally don't care what the tax rate is on it, but I suspect it will be similar to tobacco.

Also, in some states it may be legal, but federally not so much. That just sounds like a disaster to me. Thank God the lawmakers are smarter than I....I think...

Yeah i would equate it here right to now to something like jaywalking. Unless you do it in front of an officer while holding a sign that says "i'm jaywalking beeeyooootch" no one will give you trouble. There's some gatherings downtown that i've been to, like sidewalk sale and picnic type get-togethers, where the whole thing smells like weed, and there's police there. They don't care

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I would prefer if people didn't do it on the course personally. I've never smoked a damn thing in my life and what others want to do in there space is up to them but in a public setting I feel like I do have the right to have an opinion on it. Can't stand the smell of it. But by all means do as you please I'd just rather not be around it.

I would prefer if people didn't do it on the course personally. I've never smoked a damn thing in my life and what others want to do in there space is up to them but in a public setting I feel like I do have the right to have an opinion on it. Can't stand the smell of it. But by all means do as you please I'd just rather not be around it.

When you say you can't stand the smell of it, is that because you are sucking in second-hand smoke from pot-smokers blowing smoke in your face all round long, or are you against pot smoking in general?

When you say you can't stand the smell of it, is that because you are sucking in second-hand smoke from pot-smokers blowing smoke in your face all round long, or are you against pot smoking in general?

I actually said neither but I have the right to what I did say. Keep blazin buddy really don't care, no need to get hostile.