2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Maybe one of you guys will know, but I'd swear there was at one time a guy in the band who wore this turbine - perhaps of Indian decent - I dunno. But when I went searching I didn't see him or any mention of him. Was I dreaming or was there such a guy? Will go a step farther with this. As I remember it, this mystery player was a Phd in music.

I have such a recollection as well, but I just finished going through some of the album art and there's no such image in the albums I looked at.

In the 5 times I saw them I didn't see him.... you sure it wasn't this guy... ?

Go to sleep and there are dozens of posts to catch up, I will give them more time later as today is quite busy.

One of the jobs as a result of the trees being removed was the stumps, DW decided finally they would be turned into planters so my job was to take out the center big enough for the plants she wanted to put in there.

This is the one I finished this morning, a bit rough but it will not be seen once the soil is in there.

The cavity is about 15 inches diameter by 10 inches deep, gouged it out with my chain saw, if they can make statues with a chain saw, I can dig a hole.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Maybe one of you guys will know, but I'd swear there was at one time a guy in the band who wore this turbine - perhaps of Indian decent - I dunno. But when I went searching I didn't see him or any mention of him. Was I dreaming or was there such a guy? Will go a step farther with this. As I remember it, this mystery player was a Phd in music.

I have such a recollection as well, but I just finished going through some of the album art and there's no such image in the albums I looked at.

In the 5 times I saw them I didn't see him.... you sure it wasn't this guy... ?

Who knows what dingle-berries hang from this memory! Scomacer's reply left me feeling at least halfway on solid ground but there's no finding a hint of him existing. Might be time to cut back on milk duds or something.

Milk duds... Somewhere in a conference room the idea of naming it 'milk duds' is floated out. AND - it works like a charm!

Dum dums; Air Heads; Milk Duds. Highly paid execs were good with these names. It's enough to make a man imagine turbine-wearing performers in the band Chicago!

See, it's a really good thing they don't call me and ask before selling stuff. Now where'd I leave my Chiclets???

Go to sleep and there are dozens of posts to catch up, I will give them more time later as today is quite busy.

One of the jobs as a result of the trees being removed was the stumps, DW decided finally they would be turned into planters so my job was to take out the center big enough for the plants she wanted to put in there.

This is the one I finished this morning, a bit rough but it will not be seen once the soil is in there.

The cavity is about 15 inches diameter by 10 inches deep, gouged it out with my chain saw, if they can make statues with a chain saw, I can dig a hole.

Sounds/looks like a winner. Bring on the dirt and flowers.

What's the ground soil like around you, Tol? Around here, we see reddish clay for the most part. It's concrete in the dead of summer. Summer rains just run-off quickly leading to flash floods in low lying areas. Once the stuff finally begins taking on water it turns into something like thick/heavy play-dough. High winds uproot trees very easily at that stage. The darn stuff doesn't spend much time in the sweet spot in between. "Good" topsoil is often scraped off the land in developed areas during the initial building phase. The killer is it's sold back to home owners when they want to get their lawns looking better. Gotta love it! Charge for hauling off the dirt then charge to bring it back.

I remember when the Beach Boys lost their popularity when the British invasion was ongoing and they

later released this album in '71.............titled Surf's Up with this pic on the cover. Despite the morose

pic this album actually had many good songs on it.

220px-SurfsUpCover.jpg

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Sounds/looks like a winner. Bring on the dirt and flowers.

What's the ground soil like around you, Tol? Around here, we see reddish clay for the most part. It's concrete in the dead of summer. Summer rains just run-off quickly leading to flash floods in low lying areas. Once the stuff finally begins taking on water it turns into something like thick/heavy play-dough. High winds uproot trees very easily at that stage. The darn stuff doesn't spend much time in the sweet spot in between. "Good" topsoil is often scraped off the land in developed areas during the initial building phase. The killer is it's sold back to home owners when they want to get their lawns looking better. Gotta love it! Charge for hauling off the dirt then charge to bring it back.

That’s normal in Australia, however where we are used to be a farm so the soil is good, and being a semi rural area not every block is built up and they are usually an acre or more so it’s too much work for the developers to remove all the top soil, everything grows really well and fast including the weeds. We always help our plants and trees along, for their first winter we surround the tree with shade cloth, it keeps the cold winds and any frost off, as a result they do not stop growing during winter and are twice the size than normal after two years, a tip we picked up off Pinterest.

We have been stuck with no top soil, also buried builders rubble used to build the land back to normal.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

"Good" topsoil is often scraped off the land in developed areas during the initial building phase. The killer is it's sold back to home owners when they want to get their lawns looking better. Gotta love it! Charge for hauling off the dirt then charge to bring it back.

They do this up here all the time. It's a profit centre for the developer. And they wonder why sod rarely takes when they're trying to get it to grow on a brick! :rolleyes:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Needless to say I suppose but growing up in SoCal and being at the beach a lot I grew up with the

Beach Boys, Jan and Dean and many others playing on the radio. Good times. Days of innocence.

One of my favorite songs of theirs though actually was from later on in '73 from the Holland album.

They actually traveled to Holland and lived there for a spell making the album.

This song just has a good vibe to it and kind of took me back to their earlier days............

SLED Gemini

More surfin music..................

SLED Gemini

Remember this guy?

SLED Gemini

Needless to say I suppose but growing up in SoCal and being at the beach a lot I grew up with the

Beach Boys, Jan and Dean and many others playing on the radio. Good times. Days of innocence.

One of my favorite songs of theirs though actually was from later on in '73 from the Holland album.

This song just has a good vibe to it and kind of took me back to their earlier days............

[media=]

[/media]

I saw them in early 70's at the Swing Auditorium at the Orange Show fair grounds in San Bernardino. Lots of funny smoke that night in that building.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

[media=]

[/media]

I saw them in early 70's at the Swing Auditorium at the Orange Show fair grounds in San Bernardino. Lots of funny smoke that night in that building.

Always was at concerts. One of the reasons I stopped going. Too crowded and too much air pollution, lol.

The biggest concert I went to was Newport '69 at the Orange County fairgrounds in Costa Mesa. All

the same acts that appeared at Woodstock were there. It was good to see them all live but I vowed

never again after that experience. Felt like a friggin' sardine for most of it.

I remember the Swing Auditorium. I saw Led Zeppelin there. They sucked.......stoned out of their minds

and pretty much every song turned into a long incoherent jam.

One of the best live shows I saw in those days was the Who.......the Whos' Next Tour. They were great.

Baba O'Reilly, Going Mobile, Wont get Fooled Again..............lots of good songs......and a good show.

SLED Gemini

Remember this guy?

[media=]

[/media]

Guy could tickle the ivorys :)

He was more of a songwriter but like a few of them......he had a stint as the front man. easy to tell

the cigarettes destroyed his voice/range.

SLED Gemini

On PGA Tour live radio tournament broadcasts they play music as they break and come back from breaks at

times...or in the background as they do the score updates. They play the theme from Mission Impossible quite

a bit and I crack up every time............cause.............it's hard.....really really hard to win on tour.

Sometimes they play Walter Murphy's rock version of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.

SLED Gemini

Funny how there used to be lots of instrumental hits. I can think of quite a few. These days very few

want to listen to instrumental music. Soulful Strut was a good one......Grazin' in the Grass......Green

Onions.....Frankenstein.......Theme From A Summer Place.......and on and on.

SLED Gemini

A few instrumentals made the charts from time to time. Some better than others.

[media=]

[/media]

Now Dave Brubeck really had some chops when it came to jazz. He wrote some very complex stuff that

only jazz lovers would like. Take 5 was an easy smooth one and a pop hit.

SLED Gemini

Funny how there used to be lots of instrumental hits. I can think of quite a few. These days very few

want to listen to instrumental music. Soulful Strut was a good one......Grazin' in the Grass......Green

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

This is Kathy's Waltz; a Dave Brubeck composition.......played here by Jazz pianist David Benoit. Very rich

melodies and harmonies. Took some chops to write this...........and play it.

SLED Gemini

Looks like it’s just us Cali boys in here tonight. Nice tunes!

I’ll spin one more, this one a vocal, before I turn in. I love Mac Powell’s rich gravely voice and fast vibrato. Third Day has some great songs. This is from his Country Album.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Very nice song! I need to get to bed so I'll close with this upbeat old tune from the Spencer Davis Group.

I think Stevie Winwood was a teenager in this one, lol.

SLED Gemini

I saw the original 3 Dog Night 5 times, only original band I saw more was Chicago. Both sounded so good live, much better than any recording. I'd have to give Chicago the edge. There is no video that really captures the sound that came out of them on stage each time I saw them, Terry Kath was still alive then too, oh man... Jimi Hendrix said he was better than him.

[media=]

[/media]

I do not know if anyone has posted this before. I heard on the Beach Radio station how Three Dog Night got it's name In fact heard it today on the way home

Seems in Australia (and Tol can confirm this when he wakes up) Back in the day that some of the folks would dig a hole to sleep in and if it was a little chilly they would curl up with 1 Dingo (which is a breed of dog) If it was a little cooler they would curl up with two Dingos. If it was extremely cold they would curl up with 3. They referred to how cold it was by how many Dingos they curled up with the night before. So a real cold night was referred to as "A Three Dog Night" those guys heard about that and adopted the saying for their band name.

The dingo is indeed a type of dog, when they are interbred with other breeds they can be domesticated, but a pure bred dingo is Impossible to tame or domesticate, their DNA predisposes them to be a wild untameable dog. When the first westerners arrived in Australia it was reported dingos were living with the indigenous population but even now in some holiday resorts the wild dingo population will walk amongst the holiday makers without interacting with them, trying to pat them or feed them is a sure fire way to be bitten or worse, many foreign holiday makers have been attacked because they thought they were tame. They are also crafty as they will walk through a group of humans and ignore them but if you are on your own and a group of them see you they are likely to attack, specially young children. They are a cunning animal not to be trusted.

So as to the question, it would be unlikely that a pure bred dingo would lie and sleep with a human, three of them would be enough to treat you as the dinner treat of the day. The population is now being inbred with feral dogs allowed to roam by could not care less humans, so if they were actually sleeping with them it is more possibly a part breed dingo. I have never come across this particular tale of how they named their group. I will do further research to find out if it is true.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Remember this guy?

[media=]

[/media]

ABSOLUTEFREAKINGLOUTELY---- Love Leon Russel

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Heard Grazing in The Grass and Green Onions yesterday on the way back in to the yard LOL kicked back cruise on 70 on SC 22 or the Double Deuce as we call it 580 Mack humming along AC blasting--- Don't get much better than that IMHO

[media=]

[/media]

That was one spooky instrumental especially if you were trucking out in the middle of no where out west--- Darn good movie too!! Rad will remember this when they had a chip you could install in a CB radio and when you keyed the mike played the first 6 notes of that song

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)