2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @scomac2002 said:

> Looking good there @SixtySomePing !

>

> AS @Fellaheen51 has alluded to, the autumn is my favourite time of year. Back during the farming days that always coincided with the fall fair circuit which was always great fun to participate in. I have many fond memories of my show experiences in 4-H and later years be it showing livestock or seeds and grains amongst other things. Sadly those types of fall fairs are now few and far between.

>

> I'm sure there are lots of activities going on locally in the grape and wine industries as they are smack dab in the middle of harvest. We have yet to integrate fully with the area as residents just yet, so are a bit out of the loop as to goings on, but that will come.

>

> The expanding waistline comment is apros po as I have seen my own scale edge upwards since the move. Gotta put the brakes on that as it's no good for the low back. Hard to do with DW brewing up an Octoberfest extravaganza for Sunday supper with cabbage, potato, carrot, parsnip and veal sausage liberally laced with cider and served with a healthy helping of rye bread. I picked up the obligatory Erdinger brews yesterday to wash down the hearty goodness. Life is good! :sunglasses:

The "extravaganza" sounds delicious. Is it along the lines of a stew? Simmered in beef stock? A close proximity of what the Mrs. is preparing may be the perfect make ahead dinner to wrap up Sunday's adventures once we return home. May have to make a trip to the store for ingredients. Don't have any parsnips in the larder. And since I don't know if Erdinger's is sold here (after doing some searches), grab some stouts for swilling while cooking enjoyment.

Thanks for the inspiration. Cheers.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Looking good there @SixtySomePing !

> >

> > AS @Fellaheen51 has alluded to, the autumn is my favourite time of year. Back during the farming days that always coincided with the fall fair circuit which was always great fun to participate in. I have many fond memories of my show experiences in 4-H and later years be it showing livestock or seeds and grains amongst other things. Sadly those types of fall fairs are now few and far between.

> >

> > I'm sure there are lots of activities going on locally in the grape and wine industries as they are smack dab in the middle of harvest. We have yet to integrate fully with the area as residents just yet, so are a bit out of the loop as to goings on, but that will come.

> >

> > The expanding waistline comment is apros po as I have seen my own scale edge upwards since the move. Gotta put the brakes on that as it's no good for the low back. Hard to do with DW brewing up an Octoberfest extravaganza for Sunday supper with cabbage, potato, carrot, parsnip and veal sausage liberally laced with cider and served with a healthy helping of rye bread. I picked up the obligatory Erdinger brews yesterday to wash down the hearty goodness. Life is good! :sunglasses:

>

> The "extravaganza" sounds delicious. Is it along the lines of a stew? Simmered in beef stock? A close proximity of what the Mrs. is preparing may be the perfect make ahead dinner to wrap up Sunday's adventures once we return home. May have to make a trip to the store for ingredients. Don't have any parsnips in the larder. And since I don't know if Erdinger's is sold here (after doing some searches), grab some stouts for swilling while cooking enjoyment.

>

> Thanks for the inspiration. Cheers.

>

>

Not a stew although I've had Hunter's Stew that is similar in ingrediant list, but with game meats instead. This is in more of a braise than a stew. Picked up the necessary ingredients at the local German specialty grocers this morning: Octoberfest sausage, Kobanausse smoked sausage, whole light rye loaf, a selection of seasonal cheeses for nibbling and a Black Forest torte -- always a hard choice between the Black Forest and a Sacher torte -- for dessert. The green ingredients were sourced at the Super Store. Sun chokes are part of the list if you fancy that sort of thing, but they're not up my alley. I'm surprised that Erdinger is not available State side as they are one of the larger German brewers. DW prefers the weissbier whereas I favour the dunkel.

Glad to be of service in the inspiration department. Prost!

• Like 1

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > Got 9 in today. Beautiful day. Bright sun,and a vivid blue sky with just enough breeze to be nice.

> > Shot a rather cute 43. On the par5 third, in the water in one, out in two,in the water farther down in three,out for 4,and a 156 yard 5 iron,one bounce,rolled

> > about twenty feet,and in there for a 5. This game is boring .

>

> Holing out from 156..............pretty darn cool in my book Bill! To me that's just as good

> as holing out from the teebox on a 156 yard par 3........actually better since you did not

> hit your ball off a perfect lie on a tee. B)

LOL well..to be honest,when i hit it i thought it was gonna be wayyy left, then it sorta went back to the right...hit ..and a nice bounce.! It really wasn't a very pretty shot at all !

My wife said something to the effect,of " damn that was ugly " Looked good on paper tho !

• Like 1

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Thanks for the details my friend. Don't have a German market nearby, so had to make some decisions on the fly. Bought a good quality smoked sausage to use. Planning ahead, for the next time, maybe pickup some knockwurst and bratwurst from my favorite meat market. And smoke them in the smoker. Important difference between braising and stewing. Duly noted. Found a recipe online that I'll use as a guide. Plus, I see a fresh apple pie in the plan for desert.

Showed the fam a picture of what I'm planning to concoct. Told them I've received inspiration and guidance from my Canadian cyber golf buddy. (Quizzical looks.) Pressure is on to make it edible. ?

Prost!

• Like 1

@ Sixty: i used to watch them unload those things and weight them and all i could think of is how many pumpkin pies from that one pumpkin.

Man those things are huge.! The biggest we even had in the garden was around 20lbs,, teeny things !

• Like 1

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Thanks for the details my friend. Don't have a German market nearby, so had to make some decisions on the fly. Bought a good quality smoked sausage to use. Planning ahead, for the next time, maybe pickup some knockwurst and bratwurst from my favorite meat market. And smoke them in the smoker. Important difference between braising and stewing. Duly noted. Found a recipe online that I'll use as a guide. Plus, I see a fresh apple pie in the plan for desert.

>

> Showed the fam a picture of what I'm planning to concoct. Told them I've received inspiration and guidance from my Canadian cyber golf buddy. (Quizzical looks.) **Pressure is on to make it edible**. ?

>

> Prost!

No worries mate! I have faith in your skillset.

Nice looking family photo you have posted above. Gotta love when the youngsters get that big grin from experiencing something delightful for the first time. I note that your better half has a penchant for the Coach line of accessories. Perhaps you too have heard the refrain: You've got too many golf clubs so I'm allowed to have too many purses! :lol:

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> At the pumpkin patch while on the hayride. Little guy picked out "my pumpkin". Quite on his own. Sitting size.

>

> z623cg644iv1.jpeg

>

>

>

Wow Fella, this pic sorta reminds me of a good friend of ours and his wife. He's a guitar player in a popular band in Ohio, and in fact won the Chet Atkins National Guitar Championship when he was younger.

• Like 1

@Fellaheen51 for comparison purposes the extravaganza turned out like this (minus a couple of servings of course).

ta35j4i8zqhf.jpg

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

@scomac2002. The "extravaganza" came out really good. Sliced and diced (into bite size pieces) early in the morning, let it simmer for a few hours, then reheated when we got home. Easy peasy actually. Looks to be the same size cast iron pot as well.

Next time, will use fingerlings or red skins rather than russets. Red cabbage is a nice color touch. Added beef broth and one cup of cider. Perfect amount. Served it with crusty sourdough bread for dipping. The fam seemed to like it, everyone had two bowls. Pronounced it a winner. Not as colorful as yours, but not much left either.

Forgot to take a pic when full, all that's left is the residual. Thanks again for the guidance.

5m1vfm31fj51.jpeg

• Like 1

Perusing the news this a.m., read that there's a national election in Canada today. Was not aware. Good luck with that @scomac2002. Appears (or so I read) that the results may hinge on who will be able to form a coalition government. And that the final resolution may depend on Quebec bloc leader Yves-Francois Blancet. Reportedly a separatist. Thought that issue had been laid to rest. Always Quebec, eh? Have fun.

Will refrain from any commentary about the situation here out of concern for being placed on the "Scarlet B" list.

• Like 1

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Perusing the news this a.m., read that there's a national election in Canada today. Was not aware. Good luck with that @scomac2002. Appears (or so I read) that the results may hinge on who will be able to form a coalition government. And that the final resolution may depend on Quebec bloc leader Yves-Francois Blancet. Reportedly a separatist. Thought that issue had been laid to rest. Always Quebec, eh? Have fun.

>

> Will refrain from any commentary about the situation here out of concern for being placed on the "Scarlet B" list.

Ah yes, the 'Scarlet Letter' as it were... at least it's not an 'A' sez Hester Prynne...

Back to the pictured dish above, looks terrific. The crusty sourdough bread you mentioned is always a great addition for dipping that's for sure.

• Like 1

Anyone else having problems with signing in? And staying signed-in. See that I'm logged on, navigate to another thread, and I'm not. Just tried 4x to sign-in, see that I am from the main index, and come here, and no go. A silly PITA. Want to make sure it's not just me. A quick glance at the Website Help sub-forum and didn't see any mention of this issue.

Signing in from mobile is even a bigger mess. Thought the "Powers that Be" had this stuff corrected with the great Final Fix for Everything.

• Like 1

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Anyone else having problems with signing in? And staying signed-in. See that I'm logged on, navigate to another thread, and I'm not. Just tried 4x to sign-in, see that I am from the main index, and come here, and no go. A silly PITA. Want to make sure it's not just me. A quick glance at the Website Help sub-forum and didn't see any mention of this issue.

>

> Signing in from mobile is even a bigger mess. Thought the "Powers that Be" had this stuff corrected with the great Final Fix for Everything.

I had an issue last night trying to post from mobile, but was okay on the desktop. Just a PITA as you say when pic in on phone and couldn't drag and drop from there instead having to move it over to the desktop first. Everything seems to be 5 by 5 this morning.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Perusing the news this a.m., read that there's a national election in Canada today. Was not aware. Good luck with that @scomac2002. Appears (or so I read) that the results may hinge on who will be able to form a coalition government. And that the final resolution may depend on Quebec bloc leader Yves-Francois Blancet. Reportedly a separatist. Thought that issue had been laid to rest. Always Quebec, eh? Have fun.

>

> Will refrain from any commentary about the situation here out of concern for being placed on the "Scarlet B" list.

Indeed. It has been a bit of a sh*t show up here for the past six weeks what with the new brand of attack politics. Let's bring everyone down to the lowest common denominator... :confounded:

No pundit is prepared to make a call as to the outcome. No matter what it's doubtful to do anything to "unite" the country. I'm not worried about the Bloc. They have no intention of leaving just leveraging that for the best possible deal. I'm far more worried about some of the rhetoric coming from the west. There's real hatred out there. It's palpable, espeically amongst the oil producing provinces. Environmentalists need to get their heads out of the sand. We need oil to survive. The green economy isn't here yet, so we may as well do ourselves a big favour and get these pipelines built rather than run the stuff via rail car. It isn't going to sit put not matter how badly they want it to and disrupting normal folks everyday lives isn't going to help their cause one bit!

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Yeah, there does appear to be some little issues at times. I use to be able to load pics with a long involved method, but it at least worked. We switched to this new one and the first two weeks i could add pics in about two seconds. Just click,and push and done. That was great! Now, i cannot add any,at all. No matter what i try it just will not work. Have no clue what changed,but everything on this computer has stayed the same,so the change was on their end. Gets funny at times,and a little

frustrating sometimes. Oh well, it isn't costing me anything !

• Like 1

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

amazing. just viewed a few of the forums..this is the only thread i can post on.. no "quote" tags anywhere else, not even a "Leave a Comment" block.

makes it sorta useless . Tho i normally post 99% on this thread only, it still takes away from the site if i cant join in anywhere else.

• Like 1

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I smell a regression in some of the most basic level functionalities. And what I find surprising, nary a peep about these issues on the Helpdesk. (Peeps still beefing about BST issues.) Was under the impression that us old coots sorta had the site gymnastics figured out. We cannot be the only ones experiencing these problems. IDK.

• Like 1

Played 9 this morning with a few of the boys from my men's league. Two foursomes isn't bad I guess for a bunch of hearty souls to play at golf the end of October in the northern tier. Complete and total rubbish right from the get go! Tweaked the back on my first swing and laboured through the rest of my round. I have no idea what I did; more of a muscular thing starting in my right hip and then eventually gravitating to my lower back. I thought it might work itself out, but that wasn't to be. Settled down a bit this afternoon, but I imagine I'm going to be stiff and sore tomorrow.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Played 9 this morning with a few of the boys from my men's league. Two foursomes isn't bad I guess for a bunch of hearty souls to play at golf the end of October in the northern tier. Complete and total rubbish right from the get go! Tweaked the back on my first swing and laboured through the rest of my round. I have no idea what I did; more of a muscular thing starting in my right hip and then eventually gravitating to my lower back. I thought it might work itself out, but that wasn't to be. Settled down a bit this afternoon, but I imagine I'm going to be stiff and sore tomorrow.

I know I am going to be sore tomorrow--- Stayed home from work ( not much going on there due to scrap prices being so low) to fix a pesky water leak up under the front of the house. Started promptly at 07:00 this morning. Had to pull the underpinning out and then dig me a tunnel to get my big butt under there. The actual repair itself took less time than taking the underpinning off and digging me a tunnel. Got done about noon. Ate me about 4 Advills took a shower and sat in my massage chair to rest. Got up about 3:00 and went to the course and man was it crowded. Mostly stayed on the putting green because the range was crowded too. Found out I can putt halfway decent cross handed with a Bullseye putter. Actually like the putter and method

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Well, I had a great doctor appt. today, since this weight loss and better eating, cholesterol has gone from 171 to 129, and bp is now 105/55. Time for a large pepperoni sausage double cheese and a keg of craft brewski, ha...

Somehow this constitutes into some new clubs right? Actually I still like the clubs I have.

• Like 1

"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." (B. Franklin). But this is a bit too early. And show me the "Benjamins". The early morning hours is the one time of day when there is peace and quiet in the Fellaheen household.

@SixtySomePing. Congrats on the most excellent checkup. Great numbers. Going from 171 to 129 is a huge drop in cholesterol. Should we now address you as Mr. Sixty Something Flatbelly? Clubs are clubs, not impacted by one's relative mass. However, new golf clothes are in order. It's difficult to swing a golf club when your pants/shorts are falling off. NTM, an unseemly affront to your fellow duffers.

Been reflecting on this weight loss thing that many here have been successful with. Going to be very cognizant of what and how much I eat during this upcoming period of time. From now through the first of the year. Try and maintain the status quo weight-wise. Then make a concerted effort, after the holidays, to shed ~ 20 lbs. We eat pretty healthy all things considered. Consume good foodstuffs, portion control, scale waaay back on bread consumption, return to going to the local exercise joint. Don't have a target weight, more of a waist size. Currently at a snug 38". Dare I dream that a 36" is possible? I'm always finding quality golf shorts at the local thrift stores in 36". That's my motivation I suppose.

• Like 1

Good to read that several you are getting out to play. Good, bad, or indifferent. We're scheduled to go tomorrow, looks to be a decent day. Temps in the mid-50's, sunny skis. We have a raincheck to use from last week's second 9 rainout. The golfing days are unfortunately dwindling all too quickly. Looking at the extended forecast one week out shows the first mention of the dreaded "S" word. Last year the season ended abruptly with an early November "S" storm.

Not quite mentally prepared to call it a season. The golf "game" has been less than stellar. But there is always an anticipation that the next time will be the outing when it all comes together. Within my skill set capabilities. But what I'll miss the most is the every Wednesday gathering of a group of guys (a core group of 8) that I really enjoy spending time with. We swat balls, chase them down, try and play our best, have some laughs. Congratulate and commiserate. Really easy company, no one takes it overly serious. We all recognize our limitations to playing at golf.

We talk of heading to Top Golf during the off-season. A couple have been there and said it was a enjoyable experience (albeit pricy). Still try to meet for lunch on Wednesdays. A couple of guys head south for the winter. The reality is "who knows". The one common bond we all have is the once a week meet up at the golf course.

• Like 1

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." (B. Franklin). But this is a bit too early. And show me the "Benjamins". The early morning hours is the one time of day when there is peace and quiet in the Fellaheen household.

>

> @SixtySomePing. Congrats on the most excellent checkup. Great numbers. Going from 171 to 129 is a huge drop in cholesterol. Should we now address you as Mr. Sixty Something Flatbelly? Clubs are clubs, not impacted by one's relative mass. However, new golf clothes are in order. It's difficult to swing a golf club when your pants/shorts are falling off. NTM, an unseemly affront to your fellow duffers.

>

> Been reflecting on this weight loss thing that many here have been successful with. Going to be very cognizant of what and how much I eat during this upcoming period of time. From now through the first of the year. Try and maintain the status quo weight-wise. Then make a concerted effort, after the holidays, to shed ~ 20 lbs. We eat pretty healthy all things considered. Consume good foodstuffs, portion control, scale waaay back on bread consumption, return to going to the local exercise joint. Don't have a target weight, more of a waist size. Currently at a snug 38". Dare I dream that a 36" is possible? I'm always finding quality golf shorts at the local thrift stores in 36". That's my motivation I suppose.

I made it a goal this year to drink lots of water, eat no snacks between meals, nothing after 5 pm meaning dinner. Someone asked us are you vegan- heck no, are you vegetarian, nope. We eat more intelligently. Usually some oatmeal for breakfast. We did get the Ninja air fryer which I use a lot, and it doesn't actually fry of course, but makes very good food for me while DW is at work. She has her Instant Pot which makes very nice meals. I did notice this year it was easier to turn when making a back-swing. That seemed to me to help make straighter shots, especially approach shots with irons. A nice slow repeatable back-swing with which I could turn a bit more was very helpful. The other thing that has gone away is I was having some lower back issues. They were minor, but I would get out of bed in the morning and there would be a certain amount of lower back pain that I would just plain have to warm up, stretch through, whatever at the beginning of the day. That has completely disappeared. So there have been many improvements that I would never give up now, even the balance is better. That issue won't go away because it's foot drop caused by nerve loss which affected the muscles that help your foot spring back up. So hey, you can't have everything- where would you put it? B)

• Like 1

@SixtySomePing glad to hear that everything is going so well for you. It's an inspiration to all of us and a healthy reminder to keep a sense of humour about what life may throw your way.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Not feeling too bad this morning. Was planning on playing again on Thursday, but fate is geting in the way now with an aggravated tooth and a cancellation available on Thursday, so the dentist wins out. Maybe for the best to give it a break until next week just to be safe as I'm supposed to start curling Friday night. Probably getting time to think about packing it up for the year what with other activities beginning to ramp up. My bridge foursome wants to start next Tuesday and I should be getting to the gym twice a week if possible.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > Perusing the news this a.m., read that there's a national election in Canada today. Was not aware. Good luck with that @scomac2002. Appears (or so I read) that the results may hinge on who will be able to form a coalition government. And that the final resolution may depend on Quebec bloc leader Yves-Francois Blancet. Reportedly a separatist. Thought that issue had been laid to rest. Always Quebec, eh? Have fun.

> >

> > Will refrain from any commentary about the situation here out of concern for being placed on the "Scarlet B" list.

>

> Indeed. It has been a bit of a sh*t show up here for the past six weeks what with the new brand of attack politics. Let's bring everyone down to the lowest common denominator... :confounded:

>

> No pundit is prepared to make a call as to the outcome. No matter what it's doubtful to do anything to "unite" the country. I'm not worried about the Bloc. They have no intention of leaving just leveraging that for the best possible deal. I'm far more worried about some of the rhetoric coming from the west. There's real hatred out there. It's palpable, espeically amongst the oil producing provinces. Environmentalists need to get their heads out of the sand. We need oil to survive. The green economy isn't here yet, so we may as well do ourselves a big favour and get these pipelines built rather than run the stuff via rail car. It isn't going to sit put not matter how badly they want it to and disrupting normal folks everyday lives isn't going to help their cause one bit!

We ended up with a Liberal minority, 20 seats less than the last parliament. That puts the Prime Minister in a fairly strong position going forward not requiring a formal coalition to make things work being only 13 seats short of majority. Perhaps the bigger issue is that there is deep division in this country both regionally and ideologically. Tough to see a clear path forward, but we will endeavour to persevere!

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

@ Fella: Your group sounds a lot like mine. we have a total of ten( one just moved back) now,and we have been friends since we were in the 1st grade.

Went thru all schools together,played all three sports together,and a couple of us even went on a plane trip across the big pond together. A miracle that we all made it back. Anyway,we all play once a week, and the golf is actually probably secondary with us also. We all try to play our best,but no one is really obsessed with it,. It is mostly spending time with lifelong friends.

• Like 1

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

@billh17 , @Fellaheen51 ; I think that it's great that you guys have these groups of friends who have been together for most of your lives. It's a blessing! For one reason or another I've never managed to maintain a lifelong relationship. Perhaps it's because I've moved about over the years. Not so much geographically as moved about in interests and activities. 10 years for me at any one thing is a long time. I don't regret any of it, but I guess I tire of things once I've plateaued or they become increasingly difficult to do for whatever reason. I seem to want to gravitate towards the new challenge. As a result there has never been that long term tie that binds me to a group or individual.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Just had an experience where when I circled back to WRX from other sites I had to sign in. That's not normal.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)