2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Experienced a somewhat similar conversation at the aforementioned 50th reunion. Could have offered up a snappy rejoinder about "plushness". But instantly realized that would not be prudent. So I just stood there, eyes firmly affixed to the target, smiled, and said nothing. Womenfolk can't stand it when they don't know what you're thinking.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @scomac2002 said:

> Played nine this afternoon in near perfect fall weather. I got there just in time to be invited to have lunch with the early morning group as they had a wind-up lunch. I got soup and sandwich and dessert and then they invited me to play another nine with them afterwards. The perks have been pretty darned good this year, I'll say that much! I was more than happy to contribute a generous tip to the groups coffer.

>

> The golf was as it has been most of the year; up and down. I was rolling along pretty well until the last couple of holes and then the wheels fell off. What is it about a 250 yard drive that elicits a bladed wedge into the garden as an approach only to be followed by a duffed chip and then a three putt? Awe to heck with it as there's maybe a round or two left to the season based on the long range, so just getting out is what counts and each extra game is a bonus!

Maddening isn't it. A good drive followed by "I forgot how to hit a golf ball" shots. A hole that starts with promise turns into a debacle. And one walks off the green (after carding some ridiculous score) loudly muttering WTF was that. The only perspective we can take in hindsight is we played, amongst good company, on a nice fall day, and had fun (on some holes). And keep telling ourselves that score doesn't matter.

Have a 9:30 tee time with the buds today. Just stopped raining. It's 46* currently, on its way to a high of 49*. The winds are suppose to pickup later this morning, gusting to 20 mph. Don't know who may play today. The texting will begin in about an hour. Sure there will be some no shows. But if anyone is game, think I'll play. Looking at the radar, appears we have a 4 hour or so window of opportunity before the rain that's forecasted begins again. Could be an adventure. Open Championship conditions. Cold, wet and windy. Why not? Can layer up to combat the conditions, think I'll wear the gore-tex hiking shoes if we do go out, the winter gloves are in the bag. The playing at golf opportunity days are dwindling quickly.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Fella and Sixty on their recent weight loss. I told the story of my expando khaki pants and how I gained 30 pounds without trying. Back in October 2016, I ordered regular pants, and couldn't button them. Lost roughly 30 pounds to April 2017. Weigh an even 200 in the morning. I weigh myself in the morning and evening, a couple pounds more in the evening. Anyhow, I feel it's important to weigh yourself every day. So far, have kept the same weight for over three years.

BUT, my diet is pretty mundane. No restaurants, very little chips, soda pop, etc, and absolutely no wonderful dishes like Tolmij shares with us. It's also important to walk, at least for me. Walking is probably the best exercise.

Best Wishes.

• Like 1

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Experienced a somewhat similar conversation at the aforementioned 50th reunion. Could have offered up a snappy rejoinder about "plushness". But instantly realized that would not be prudent. So I just stood there, eyes firmly affixed to the target, smiled, and said nothing. Womenfolk can't stand it when they don't know what you're thinking.

>

>

I guess I must be far more transparent as women always seem to know what i'm thinking... :confused:

• Like 1

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > Experienced a somewhat similar conversation at the aforementioned 50th reunion. Could have offered up a snappy rejoinder about "plushness". But instantly realized that would not be prudent. So I just stood there, eyes firmly affixed to the target, smiled, and said nothing. Womenfolk can't stand it when they don't know what you're thinking.

> >

> >

>

> I guess I must be far more transparent as women always seem to know what i'm thinking... :confused:

They like you to think they know what we're thinking. But if we don't open our mouths, they can think whatever they want to. Keep them guessing is my M.O. Or until I shoot my mouth off. Although they do exhibit a high degree of clairvoyance at times. How did she know I was thinking that? Before I even thought of it. Mysterious creatures.

• Like 1

And on the golf front, I remember when I first got the Titleist 913 driver that I struggled with it and didn't have much success. At some point this summer I decided to stick it in the bag and leave a set at the club with another set at home. The club set has seen all the action this year and all of a sudden I have found the range with the driver. Not only am I hitting it far, but I'm hitting it straight. It has become the most reliable club in the bag next to my 5 hybrid.

For many years I was a pretty decent fairway wood player both from the tee and off the deck. At one point for several years the 7 wood was easily my best club. I rarely if ever missed. Now I can't seem to hit a fairway wood decently to save my soul! I've tried several different models that I have in stock and nothing seems to be any better than the other, difficult to control and a lack of distance as well. I'm thinking that an off-season pick-up of a 3 and/or 4 hybrid to match my 5 is a reasonable course of action to proceed or perhaps something newer of a similar ilk as I'm finding that pulling a fairway wood most often results in dropped shots for one reason or another. I'm certainly not immune with other clubs, but the gap between my driver and 5 hybrid is something that i need to fill reliably.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> Right through my judo days my category was 154 lbs, now I run about 165 but am trying to reduce that back to my fighting weight. Don’t like getting into the 160s.

When I was a freshman in High School,in 1961, i was 5'11" and 178. When I went into the hospital in 2016, i was still 178. Came out of that mess three months later at 144lbs. Now, three years later i am back to 182. My poor body just wants me to stabilize for awhile ! I agree with you in trying to get back to my younger weight.

And Sixty is correct, the time sure seems to fly past in retirement.

Cant do any running anymore,so i walk a lot. Cant walk the course as it is like a mountain goat hangout ! So i walk about a mile four times a week. Winter time walking requirestrips to Lowes .Manards,Krogers,Walmart and such. I simply am a wuss as far as the cold goes !

• Like 1

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Right through my judo days my category was 154 lbs, now I run about 165 but am trying to reduce that back to my fighting weight. Don’t like getting into the 160s.

>

> When I was a freshman in High School,in 1961, i was 5'11" and 178. When I went into the hospital in 2016, i was still 178. Came out of that mess three months later at 144lbs. Now, three years later i am back to 182. My poor body just wants me to stabilize for awhile ! I agree with you in trying to get back to my younger weight.

> And Sixty is correct, the time sure seems to fly past in retirement.

> Cant do any running anymore,so i walk a lot. Cant walk the course as it is like a mountain goat hangout ! So i walk about a mile four times a week. Winter time walking requirestrips to Lowes .Manards,Krogers,Walmart and such. I simply am a wuss as far as the cold goes !

With you all the way, since we have lived in a semi tropical area the cold really gets to us. Today we set the air con to 75 and that was cold.☃️

• Like 1

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @billh17 said:

> Had to laugh at the comment of "plushness" at 50th reunions ! I remember having somewhat the same thoughts. Mine were along the line of " man these

> women sure grew up nice !"

Hope you hid your perving from DW or were you there on your own

• Like 1

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Well on a golf subject---- Your OGA President has been active against the USGA again------- It has been 2 years since they have sent me any applications for membership------ Got one in the mail last week basically begging me to rejoin and what do I get in return? A lousy hat and membership card--- LOL forgot they did send me a "gift" of 1 page of address labels and a scratch pad as thin as a Sausage biscuit at McDonald's. Of course they sent me a postage free envelope to send my $25 in. HA HA packaged it all up and sent it back to them with "No Thanks" written on the form along with some other stuff if I repeat on here I may get a "Time Out" Nothing vulgar mind you but to the point!!!------ After all the mess I have sent back to them over the past few years you would think they would have a clue---- Either they have some brain dead people up there in Fair Hills NJ or they are desperate for money--- More than likely both---- Just giving a brief state of the union address like any president does----- carry on!!!

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

On Wednesday past, four of us decided to give it a go. Was cool, blustery, cloudy, but tolerable. Was dressed for the occasion, appropriately layered. But by the 7th hole, a drizzle started. And by the 9th, became a light rain. We called it a wrap. Absolutely no fun playing in the rain at any time. Played like crapola. Drives were good. Putted O.K. Everything in between was horrid. Don't know what I shot, asked not to be told. North of 50 though.

I've been struggling with iron play for much of the year. Been contacting the ball half way decent, just don't know where it's headed. Directional dispersion is terrible. A pushed shot to the right, followed by a pull (bordering on a hook) to the left. And really poor on clubs that I count on the most (8 - GW). No doubt, more practice and making better swings would help. But not sure if that is the entire issue. They're shafted with LW (72g) graphites. Thought it was time to go "old man's" graphite for the build. Hit several different OEM irons with graphite at the LGS range, all seemingly had the same weight class of shafts (ex. Ping G400 Alta shaft is 72g). Built and tested a demo club (with the same shaft chosen) for the better part of last season. Thought I had performed by due diligence. But having a difficult time feeling any semblance of heft in the club during the swing. And it's not a SW issue. Due to the longer length, they scale in at ~ D3.5. This issue aside, the heads (Malty TS-1's) themselves I've been quite happy with.

I've played the '99 Hogan MB's on several occasions this fall. They're shafted with LW steel (Nippon 950's, appx. 95g). And my dispersion issues disappeared. Began hitting the ball pretty straight all things considered. Now there is the matter of playing with the more demanding clubhead. Less margin for error for sloppy contact. But with the 8 - PW, corresponding to 130 yards and in, it's not that big a deal to play them with some measure of effectiveness. Felt like I could swing them with a more aggressive tempo (which is what I prefer), rather than backing things down to "control" the graphite irons. When I swing aggressively, hook the heck out of the ball. I've gobbed on a lot of lead tape, two 10" strips that amounts to 20g, to the 8 iron recently. Limited testing opportunity, but it seems to have helped. But it looks for shizzle, don't think I want to do it on all the clubs.

So remain flummoxed on a path forward. Think I went to light, to big of a difference from what I was accustomed to. Throwing off my tempo. Old guys are suppose to play LW graphite. Right? Contemplating going back to steel shafts in the 95 - 100g range. Don't really need the graphites due to infirmity conditions. A big IDK to all of this. Maybe I'm just a sh**ty golfer that's lacking some measure of sound swing mechanics. Don't want to go thought the exercise, ntm the expense, if it doesn't result in an improvement.

This discourse prompted by reading elsewhere this a.m. about another fellow (about the same age, near as I can tell) experiencing much the same with very similar irons. Haven't decided yet whether I want to post there. The Grille is safer terrain for these types of musings.

@Fellaheen51 , I hear ya brother. It sounds as though you're suffering through the same set of issues I had with my graphite shafted i25's after the initial honeymoon period. My solution seems to have come in the form of light weight steel attached to a high swing weight head with the Taylormades that I currently have in tow. No issues what so ever with distance or directional control.

That said, as I alluded to upthread, I've got nothing when it comes to a long club other than my driver that I have any level of confidence in. Tried a plethora of fairways in different combinations and not much to write home about with any of them. Strange as I used to be a good fairway player.

The next attempt at a solution arrived last night in the form of an Adams Idea tech V3 hybrid 3 iron. It's big for a hybrid, but shorter in shaft length than the corresponding fairway. Reminds me a bit of a Power Bilt Citation 4W that I have in inventory for size, shape and spec. WE'll see. Passed the waggle test nicely and has enough heft to bottom out at the correct spot in the swing path. I'll try and crack a few shots off this afternoon when I'm done at the course.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We're off today to go to the Pumpkin Show https://www.pumpkinshow.com/ in Circleville (great place to not be L7 as suggested in Wooly Bully), not to be confused with Squaresville... Lots of pumpkin stuff and a nice fall outing. DW must see the Pet Parade at 3:30 which is a big deal. She's hoping someone has a Bernedoodle mini in the parade. She would like to get one when she retires in a year and a half, I think to replace me ha. We haven't had a dog for 18 years, and it would be tough work for the dog to be cuter than me, hahaha

fhg45mk7um1h.jpg Bernedoodle Mini

• Like 1

@scomac2002. That's good information to know as we have had similarities in our implements over time. There seems to be a confirmation bias in effect whenever we place new clubs into service. May wield them with some measure of effectiveness for awhile. Then things begin to go south, or revert to the norm. And we lose confidence. Once that begins, really difficult to get back on track. In my experience, they're most likely goners.

Good luck with the hybrid. When I read your earlier posting, thought a short shafted hybrid may be of benefit. Regain the ability to make solid contact and advance the ball down the fairway. Place an older 19* Cobra Baffler Rail H in the bag occasionally. When the 5w is being temperamental. Don't realize the same distance as the metal, but can usually hit it fairly straight.

Being that you mentioned PB Citations. Been playing persimmon periodically this fall. And have executed shots a whole better than my skill set says I should. Some even trending into "smoked it" range. These old woods are sized quite similar to hybrids and with lofts also similar. Especially the 5 wood. A smacked persimmon is a darn near perfect golf shot. The D on the other hand, much more problematic. Although I've been carrying a Ping Eye 2 D and can hit that quite nicely. Sometimes really well. Has a bigger head than the Citation, and think that helps to a degree.

When the play with contemporary implements is in tatters, lets try some old stuff to play with. Mysteriously, sometimes it works.

• Like 1

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> On Wednesday past, four of us decided to give it a go. Was cool, blustery, cloudy, but tolerable. Was dressed for the occasion, appropriately layered. But by the 7th hole, a drizzle started. And by the 9th, became a light rain. We called it a wrap. Absolutely no fun playing in the rain at any time. Played like crapola. Drives were good. Putted O.K. Everything in between was horrid. Don't know what I shot, asked not to be told. North of 50 though.

>

> I've been struggling with iron play for much of the year. Been contacting the ball half way decent, just don't know where it's headed. Directional dispersion is terrible. A pushed shot to the right, followed by a pull (bordering on a hook) to the left. And really poor on clubs that I count on the most (8 - GW). No doubt, more practice and making better swings would help. But not sure if that is the entire issue. They're shafted with LW (72g) graphites. Thought it was time to go "old man's" graphite for the build. Hit several different OEM irons with graphite at the LGS range, all seemingly had the same weight class of shafts (ex. Ping G400 Alta shaft is 72g). Built and tested a demo club (with the same shaft chosen) for the better part of last season. Thought I had performed by due diligence. But having a difficult time feeling any semblance of heft in the club during the swing. And it's not a SW issue. Due to the longer length, they scale in at ~ D3.5. This issue aside, the heads (Malty TS-1's) themselves I've been quite happy with.

>

> I've played the '99 Hogan MB's on several occasions this fall. They're shafted with LW steel (Nippon 950's, appx. 95g). And my dispersion issues disappeared. Began hitting the ball pretty straight all things considered. Now there is the matter of playing with the more demanding clubhead. Less margin for error for sloppy contact. But with the 8 - PW, corresponding to 130 yards and in, it's not that big a deal to play them with some measure of effectiveness. Felt like I could swing them with a more aggressive tempo (which is what I prefer), rather than backing things down to "control" the graphite irons. When I swing aggressively, hook the heck out of the ball. I've gobbed on a lot of lead tape, two 10" strips that amounts to 20g, to the 8 iron recently. Limited testing opportunity, but it seems to have helped. But it looks for shizzle, don't think I want to do it on all the clubs.

>

> So remain flummoxed on a path forward. Think I went to light, to big of a difference from what I was accustomed to. Throwing off my tempo. Old guys are suppose to play LW graphite. Right? Contemplating going back to steel shafts in the 95 - 100g range. Don't really need the graphites due to infirmity conditions. A big IDK to all of this. Maybe I'm just a sh**ty golfer that's lacking some measure of sound swing mechanics. Don't want to go thought the exercise, ntm the expense, if it doesn't result in an improvement.

>

> This discourse prompted by reading elsewhere this a.m. about another fellow (about the same age, near as I can tell) experiencing much the same with very similar irons. Haven't decided yet whether I want to post there. The Grille is safer terrain for these types of musings.

I had similar problems like you described when my back was hurt and I was swinging those graphite shafted KZGs-- Once I got ok and could turn through the ball again I started hooking the snot out of them---

• Like 1

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> @scomac2002. That's good information to know as we have had similarities in our implements over time. There seems to be a confirmation bias in effect whenever we place new clubs into service. May wield them with some measure of effectiveness for awhile. Then things begin to go south, or revert to the norm. And we lose confidence. Once that begins, really difficult to get back on track. In my experience, they're most likely goners.

>

> Good luck with the hybrid. When I read your earlier posting, thought a short shafted hybrid may be of benefit. Regain the ability to make solid contact and advance the ball down the fairway. Place an older 19* Cobra Baffler Rail H in the bag occasionally. When the 5w is being temperamental. Don't realize the same distance as the metal, but can usually hit it fairly straight.

>

> Being that you mentioned PB Citations. Been playing persimmon periodically this fall. And have executed shots a whole better than my skill set says I should. Some even trending into "smoked it" range. These old woods are sized quite similar to hybrids and with lofts also similar. Especially the 5 wood. A smacked persimmon is a darn near perfect golf shot. The D on the other hand, much more problematic. Although I've been carrying a Ping Eye 2 D and can hit that quite nicely. Sometimes really well. Has a bigger head than the Citation, and think that helps to a degree.

>

> When the play with contemporary implements is in tatters, lets try some old stuff to play with. Mysteriously, sometimes it works.

LOL I think I told you guys about the kid ( around 14 or so) that mistook my Izette 5 wood for a "wooden hybrid" and yeah it is the size of a modern hybrid

• Like 1

> @SixtySomePing said:

> We're off today to go to the Pumpkin Show https://www.pumpkinshow.com/ in Circleville (great place to not be L7 as suggested in Wooly Bully), not to be confused with Squaresville... Lots of pumpkin stuff and a nice fall outing. DW must see the Pet Parade at 3:30 which is a big deal. She's hoping someone has a Bernedoodle mini in the parade. She would like to get one when she retires in a year and a half, I think to replace me ha. We haven't had a dog for 18 years, and it would be tough work for the dog to be cuter than me, hahaha

> fhg45mk7um1h.jpg Bernedoodle Mini

>

Believe it or not I went to the pumpkin festival in Circleville Ohio one year back in my trucking days. Went on a Friday night. I could not deliver in Carlisle PA until Monday morning and figured it would be a fun thing to do. Really enjoyed myself. Actually had a Policeman show me a place to park the rig and he also told me it was safe if I wanted to sleep there. Nice cool weather so I did not run the truck that night and slept with the sleeper vents open. Got up the next morning and went on to Carlisle

• Like 1

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> @scomac2002. That's good information to know as we have had similarities in our implements over time. There seems to be a confirmation bias in effect whenever we place new clubs into service. May wield them with some measure of effectiveness for awhile. Then things begin to go south, or revert to the norm. And we lose confidence. Once that begins, really difficult to get back on track. In my experience, they're most likely goners.

>

> Good luck with the hybrid. When I read your earlier posting, thought a short shafted hybrid may be of benefit. Regain the ability to make solid contact and advance the ball down the fairway. Place an older 19* Cobra Baffler Rail H in the bag occasionally. When the 5w is being temperamental. Don't realize the same distance as the metal, but can usually hit it fairly straight.

>

So I ended up getting 9 holes in this afternoon when one of the members asked me to accompany her for her second go round of the day. Very nice older gal who is a good player. The course was slow today for some unknown reason as the weather was absolutely perfect for fall golf. Not a cloud in the sky and little in the way of wind meant playing in a light sweater and take in the beautiful scenery as the colours begin to show prominantly now after a killing frost or two.

The new club got a workout hitting it off the tee on 7 of 9 holes. It's straight, that's the first thing that is obvious. A good strong flight too that carries better for me than my 7W which had been giving me pop-ups that weren't much different than my 5 hybrid. The shaft is a 60 gm R flex Bassara which fits me pretty good I would say. The club came with a mid-sized CP2 wrap and that is one honking big grip compared to what I'm playing on my other clubs. No negative impact so far, but I doubt I need a reduced taper in mid-size.

I've also acquired a lob wedge from the lost and found pile. I was stunned what was in there this year! There's a part set of TM Burner 2.0's with various shafts; a TM R7 460 driver that's in really good shape with senior shaft and a few good wedges too. I spent most of yesterday rejigging the rental sets with the L&F stash. Rifled through the soft good this morning and found a suitable headcover for the new club.

All-in-all, very happy with the new club and the day as a whole. :smiley:

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Got 9 in today. Beautiful day. Bright sun,and a vivid blue sky with just enough breeze to be nice.

Shot a rather cute 43. On the par5 third, in the water in one, out in two,in the water farther down in three,out for 4,and a 156 yard 5 iron,one bounce,rolled

about twenty feet,and in there for a 5. This game is boring .

• Like 1

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Walked nine yesterday, just ignoring the leg pain. Couldn't do anything wrong, except for my initial tee shot on 1. Hit a pink ladies' ball OB, hitting trees all around. I always hit a disposable ball on the first drive. Anyhow, after that, played great. Optiforce driver, BBB driver (11 deg) as fairway wood, 7, 9, SW TA 845s irons, and an old Bullseye. Even putting was accurate. One bird, about a 5 foot putt. Only one three putt. Broke 40 easily, although I took a mulligan on the OB. So, I didn't officially break 40.

Woke up this morning, stiff as a board, back hurting.

Last week, I gave away a Citation driver and 3W. I'm still hitting the Optiforce, (with the "new" shaft) very well. Paced off 220-250 on every drive. Can't say I want to go back to wooden woods, after the results I've had with my 48" Optiforce. Never hit a ball in my life like now.

Play well, gents.

• Like 1

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > We're off today to go to the Pumpkin Show https://www.pumpkinshow.com/ in Circleville (great place to not be L7 as suggested in Wooly Bully), not to be confused with Squaresville... Lots of pumpkin stuff and a nice fall outing. DW must see the Pet Parade at 3:30 which is a big deal. She's hoping someone has a Bernedoodle mini in the parade. She would like to get one when she retires in a year and a half, I think to replace me ha. We haven't had a dog for 18 years, and it would be tough work for the dog to be cuter than me, hahaha

> >

> >

>

> Believe it or not I went to the pumpkin festival in Circleville Ohio one year back in my trucking days. Went on a Friday night. I could not deliver in Carlisle PA until Monday morning and figured it would be a fun thing to do. Really enjoyed myself. Actually had a Policeman show me a place to park the rig and he also told me it was safe if I wanted to sleep there. Nice cool weather so I did not run the truck that night and slept with the sleeper vents open. Got up the next morning and went on to Carlisle

We went, what a beautiful fall day. Cool, about 60* bright, sunny and a very orange place. But yeah it does make for an enjoyable time.

Winner of the largest pumpkin contest this year weighed 1421 lbs. https://pumpkinshow.com/pumpkins/

edit: not a receding hairline, I prefer to call it an expanding forehead

• Like 1

@SixtySomePing. Very nice picture of Mrs. SSP and yourself. Sounds like a glorious day. Perfect weather to be out and about at a fall festival. Suppose to have some crispness in the air to fully appreciate the season.

Tis' to be a wonderful weekend, weather-wise here. Sunny with temps in the 60's. Perhaps the last best weekend for awhile. THE weekend to do the traditional outdoor fall things. Heading to [Cooks Farm Dairy](https://cooksfarmdairy.com "Cooks Farm Dairy") today for a hayride through the hill and dale. Then check out the contented cows and the pumpkin patch. Capped off with the best "made at the farm" ice cream. And doesn't entail a drive, as it's only 5 minutes from home.

Sunday will be the day to head to the [Parshallville Cider Mill](http://parshallvillecidermill.com "Parshallville Cider Mill"). Always an enjoyable family outing. Amongst the crowds that will undoubtably be there as well. Old school mill, alongside a creek, waterfall over a dam, cider and donuts. Usually have a group playing music. Some classic cars parked here and there. Big Fun. There's a number cider joints in and around the area. Although my favorite cider is made at an orchard about 2 miles away. They do it right, with some tartness, not overly sweet. And we've now had a hard freeze, which according to the commonly accepted theory, makes the cider extra better. The Fella household has been going through a gallon every two to three days. Funds are being redirected to keeping a gallon of cider in the frig at all times. NTM, the accompanying cider donuts.

Holy expanding waistline.

• Like 1

> @billh17 said:

> Got 9 in today. Beautiful day. Bright sun,and a vivid blue sky with just enough breeze to be nice.

> Shot a rather cute 43. On the par5 third, in the water in one, out in two,in the water farther down in three,out for 4,and a 156 yard 5 iron,one bounce,rolled

> about twenty feet,and in there for a 5. This game is boring .

Holing out from 156..............pretty darn cool in my book Bill! To me that's just as good

as holing out from the teebox on a 156 yard par 3........actually better since you did not

hit your ball off a perfect lie on a tee. B)

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Looking good there @SixtySomePing !

AS @Fellaheen51 has alluded to, the autumn is my favourite time of year. Back during the farming days that always coincided with the fall fair circuit which was always great fun to participate in. I have many fond memories of my show experiences in 4-H and later years be it showing livestock or seeds and grains amongst other things. Sadly those types of fall fairs are now few and far between.

I'm sure there are lots of activities going on locally in the grape and wine industries as they are smack dab in the middle of harvest. We have yet to integrate fully with the area as residents just yet, so are a bit out of the loop as to goings on, but that will come.

The expanding waistline comment is apros po as I have seen my own scale edge upwards since the move. Gotta put the brakes on that as it's no good for the low back. Hard to do with DW brewing up an Octoberfest extravaganza for Sunday supper with cabbage, potato, carrot, parsnip and veal sausage liberally laced with cider and served with a healthy helping of rye bread. I picked up the obligatory Erdinger brews yesterday to wash down the hearty goodness. Life is good! :sunglasses:

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> @SixtySomePing. Very nice picture of the Mrs. SSP and yourself. Sounds like a glorious day. Perfect weather to be out and about at a fall festival. Suppose to have some crispness in the air to fully appreciate the season.

>

> Tis' to be a wonderful weekend, weather-wise here. Sunny with temps in the 60's. Perhaps the last best weekend for awhile. THE weekend to do the traditional outdoor fall things. Heading to [Cooks Farm Dairy](https://cooksfarmdairy.com "Cooks Farm Dairy") today for a hayride through the hill and dale. Then check out the contented cows and the pumpkin patch. Capped off with the best "made at the farm" ice cream. And doesn't entail a drive, as it's only 5 minutes from home.

>

> Sunday will be the day to head to the [Parshallville Cider Mill](http://parshallvillecidermill.com "Parshallville Cider Mill"). Always an enjoyable family outing. Amongst the crowds that will undoubtably be there as well. Old school mill, alongside a creek, waterfall over a dam, cider and donuts. Usually have a group playing music. Some classic cars parked here and there. Big Fun. There's a number cider joints in and around the area. Although my favorite cider is made at an orchard about 2 miles away. They do it right, with some tartness, not overly sweet. And we've now had a hard freeze, which according to the commonly accepted theory, makes the cider extra better. The Fella household has been going through a gallon every two to three days. Funds are being redirected to keeping a gallon of cider in the frig at all times. NTM, the accompanying cider donuts.

>

> Holy expanding waistline.

Looks great Fella, this time of year is just fabulous for these types of outings. Our grandkids would really like to go to those places as well. Our oldest granddaughter is 17, her favorite store is Rural King, she's into the cowboy boot thing, and says she will have to live on a farm and get cows when she gets married. I told her you have to do more with cows than just pet them, not sure if she's thought this through yet, but that's OK. She's a hoot.

I think if you guys pick us up or we meet halfway, we can combine our outings, pretty similar I think, this is where we are going today.

First is Velvet Ice Cream & Ye Olde Mill

http://www.velveticecream.com/

Then Legend Hills Orchard

http://www.legendhillsorchard.com/index.cfm

• Like 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)