Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

At present in Australia there are 255 bush fires, most are under control but many of them are running wild with no way to stop them, we are looking for cooler and wet weather, not on the cards for at least a week. Two fires that were relatively close to us are now out, so for the time being we can relax.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @billh17 said:

> With MG now here, I am no longer the only One Length Griller !

> He knows the ins and outs and all i know is I seem to have a better game with them !

You're not the only one. I was a dedicated OLer until about a month ago, when my swing just up and disappeared. Switched back to VL/MOI-matched for a while to try to recover my game. It's cold and miserable out, so it's not like score makes any difference anyway.

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > By now, everyone has likely read the top banner stating that a "vulnerability" had been detected. Sounds kinda ominous. Kudos to the WRX boys for staying on top of this and protecting us users. But does this mean that my carefully protected handicap rating has now been breached? That I may be fully exposed as.......a golf hacker? Worse then what I let on to be around here?

> >

> > Wait....I don't have a handicap. Whew, that was a close one. I quality round consists of shooting in the ~~upper~~, ~~mid~~, low 80's. And would consistently be in 70's if I was a better chipper. ?

>

> It did it on me this AM early--- All I had to do was hit sign in and it went back on--- Later on I saw the top banner--- I take it a bug or hacker or virus got in the WRX system and like you said the IT guys were on it in a flash

A hacker just recently tried to take me for a ride, two hours after joining and making their first post. If anyone sends you a personal message after joining in any fashion, turn them in to a Mod, they are great and will handle the situation immediately. Not sure if this was what brought this on, or part of a series of such, but I'm all for the password change if so.

• Like 2

Things seem to have returned to normal for me at least with respect to the login business here at WRX. My last two visits I was still logged in from the previous, so it's back to normal.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Things seem to have returned to normal for me at least with respect to the login business here at WRX. My last two visits I was still logged in from the previous, so it's back to normal.

Yeah me too. Have not had any problems since I logged back in yesterday. I stay logged in as usual

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

The CFL playoffs continue today with the Eastern and Western finals this afternoon. The home town Hamilton Tiger-Cats are hosting Edmonton Eskimos (cross-over team) while Saskatchewan Rough Riders host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers later on. The winner of each matchup will meet in the Grey Cup game next week in Calgary to determine the CFL championship. A week after that we'll be packing for the west coast and an early Christmas with the kids.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

was just reading some older threads,due to boredom, and found one where a large percentage of this site are hitting their 9i 150 yrds.

I'm now down to a 6i for that. Last year was a 7i, and this year i noticed i was short a lot so started dropping to the 6.

some of these guys must be semi-pros !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> was just reading some older threads,due to boredom, and found one where a large percentage of this site are hitting their 9i 150 yrds.

> I'm now down to a 6i for that. Last year was a 7i, and this year i noticed i was short a lot so started dropping to the 6.

>** some of these guys must be semi-pros !**

I think quite likely they are. Heck, I'm not even sure I can get 150 out of a 5 hybrid everytime, certainly not when it's cold. I've come to learn that i don't really have much that is useful to add when it comes to the actual golf threads. As Fella says; I play at it. That's about it.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> The CFL playoffs continue today with the Eastern and Western finals this afternoon. The home town Hamilton Tiger-Cats are hosting Edmonton Eskimos (cross-over team) while Saskatchewan Rough Riders host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers later on. The winner of each matchup will meet in the Grey Cup game next week in Calgary to determine the CFL championship. A week after that we'll be packing for the west coast and an early Christmas with the kids.

We made it! The Ti-Cats were victorious 36-16 to go undefeated at home this season and earn a berth in the Grey Cup. They will be facing the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, who upset Saskatchewan 20-13, next week in Calgary. Bring it on!! :triumph:

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > The CFL playoffs continue today with the Eastern and Western finals this afternoon. The home town Hamilton Tiger-Cats are hosting Edmonton Eskimos (cross-over team) while Saskatchewan Rough Riders host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers later on. The winner of each matchup will meet in the Grey Cup game next week in Calgary to determine the CFL championship. A week after that we'll be packing for the west coast and an early Christmas with the kids.

>

> We made it! The Ti-Cats were victorious 36-16 to go undefeated at home this season and earn a berth in the Grey Cup. They will be facing the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, who upset Saskatchewan 20-13, next week in Calgary. Bring it on!! :triumph:

Congratulations to the Tiger Cats. And to you as well, as a fan. May have to tune in to CBC (Windsor) to catch some of the Grey Cup. Viewed the game before, when I realized that it was on the telly. Throw my allegiance towards Hamilton to bring home a 'ship. Because I "know" somebody.

At least you have a team that one can actually root for. The professional teams here are dismal. Tabby's lost another game yesterday. SOL (Same Old Lions), 62 years of ineptitude and counting. Not worthy of my attention. The others are equally dreadful, simply competing at a .500 level would be a major accomplishment. MSU FB got smoked by UM on Saturday. They're in a tailspin program-wise right now. Perhaps the time has come for the HC to retire, an overhaul of the entire staff is needed. At least I have MSU BB to look forward to during the upcoming winter months.

Find myself almost, a little bit, perish the thought, pulling for the Buckeyes to continue kicking butt. The BIL, Cleveland native, is a huge fan. So I got that going for me...........

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > was just reading some older threads,due to boredom, and found one where a large percentage of this site are hitting their 9i 150 yrds.

> > I'm now down to a 6i for that. Last year was a 7i, and this year i noticed i was short a lot so started dropping to the 6.

> >** some of these guys must be semi-pros !**

>

> I think quite likely they are. Heck, I'm not even sure I can get 150 out of a 5 hybrid everytime, certainly not when it's cold. I've come to learn that i don't really have much that is useful to add when it comes to the actual golf threads. As Fella says; I play at it. That's about it.

>

>

I ignore any and all commentary about "distance" posted elsewhere in these chronicles. Simply not relevant to my game or capabilities. Use whatever club necessary to traverse a required distance. Heretofore, when I still had the Pings, didn't seem to hit the 6 iron all that well. To the point that I shied away from using it. Opting for a 24* 9 wood instead, from 150 and beyond. But have to be careful, because if I "clip it" well, can fly the green. Seem to hit the "new" 28* 6 iron better, so that has become the 150 club of choice last season. Beyond that, no reason to play long(er) irons. A 5 iron goes about the same distance as a 6. Do not realize any meaningful distance gains do to ineffective ball striking. Using a fairway metal (or a hybrid if that's your preference) is more reliable from distance.

Fully subscribe to old man's golf (OMP?) these days. Get off the tee with some measure of accuracy (i.e. no OB, in the trees, etc.). Advance the ball safely down the fairway. Then depend upon short game prowess and putting to hopefully post a score. I'm regularly faced with near the green pitch, chip and wedge shots. How affectively I can execute those shots is the significant determinant of a score outcome at the end of the round. Along with holing a few putts along the way. Along with a fortuitous bounce or two of the ball after careening one off a tree. Reality. And I see nothing that will change this dynamic moving forward.

@billh17. Preaching to the choir, as we all seemingly approach the game from the same perspective. It's the playing that is fun. Good, bad or indifferent. And the company we keep in the so doing. Every single round is approached with anticipation. Because today might be the day. Unfortunately, the actual play seems to revert back to the norm. No matter. I enjoyed myself. Along with a bit of "kicking myself" for the bad shots that I know how to execute properly. Woulda, shoulda, syndrome.

There seems to be many, especially here in WRX'ville, that obsess over trying to play to a certain level. Hit 150 yard 9 irons. (Although the last time I checked, they didn't deduct strokes by so doing.) Hours spent on practice, instruction, dollars spent on equipment. Chasing a score, lowering a handicap, winning. Floats their boat evidently. I'm not good enough, nor will I ever be, to chase such carrots. And glad I'm not wrapped that tight to the point that the chasing becomes a compulsion. So we all "piddle" along in the trying. In our own ways. And find enjoyment in the pursuit. That's good enough.

Unfortunately, because of all the white outside, it's going to be a few months to commence with "piddling" once again. ☹️

• Like 2

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @billh17 said:

> > > was just reading some older threads,due to boredom, and found one where a large percentage of this site are hitting their 9i 150 yrds.

> > > I'm now down to a 6i for that. Last year was a 7i, and this year i noticed i was short a lot so started dropping to the 6.

> > >** some of these guys must be semi-pros !**

> >

> > I think quite likely they are. Heck, I'm not even sure I can get 150 out of a 5 hybrid everytime, certainly not when it's cold. I've come to learn that i don't really have much that is useful to add when it comes to the actual golf threads. As Fella says; I play at it. That's about it.

> >

> >

>

> I ignore any and all commentary about "distance" posted elsewhere in these chronicles. Simply not relevant to my game or capabilities. Use whatever club necessary to traverse a required distance. Heretofore, when I still had the Pings, didn't seem to hit the 6 iron all that well. To the point that I shied away from using it. Opting for a 24* 9 wood instead, from 150 and beyond. But have to be careful, because if I "clip it" well, can fly the green. Seem to hit the "new" 28* 6 iron better, so that has become the 150 club of choice last season. Beyond that, no reason to play long(er) irons. A 5 iron goes about the same distance as a 6. Do not realize any meaningful distance gains do to ineffective ball striking. Using a fairway metal (or a hybrid if that's your preference) is more reliable from distance.

>

> Fully subscribe to old man's golf (OMP?) these days. Get off the tee with some measure of accuracy (i.e. no OB, in the trees, etc.). Advance the ball safely down the fairway. Then depend upon short game prowess and putting to hopefully post a score. I'm regularly faced with near the green pitch, chip and wedge shots. How affectively I can execute those shots is the significant determinant of a score outcome at the end of the round. Along with holing a few putts along the way. Along with a fortuitous bounce or two of the ball after careening one off a tree. Reality. And I see nothing that will change this dynamic moving forward.

>

> @billh17. Preaching to the choir, as we all seemingly approach the game from the same perspective. It's the playing that is fun. Good, bad or indifferent. And the company we keep in the so doing. Every single round is approached with anticipation. Because today might be the day. Unfortunately, the actual play seems to revert back to the norm. No matter. I enjoyed myself. Along with a bit of "kicking myself" for the bad shots that I know how to execute properly. Woulda, shoulda, syndrome.

>

> There seems to be many, especially here in WRX'ville, that obsess over trying to play to a certain level. Hit 150 yard 9 irons. (Although the last time I checked, they didn't deduct strokes by so doing.) Hours spent on practice, instruction, dollars spent on equipment. Chasing a score, lowering a handicap, winning. Floats their boat evidently. I'm not good enough, nor will I ever be, to chase such carrots. And glad I'm not wrapped that tight to the point that the chasing becomes a compulsion. So we all "piddle" along in the trying. In our own ways. And find enjoyment in the pursuit. That's good enough.

>

> Unfortunately, because of all the white outside, it's going to be a few months to commence with "piddling" once again. ☹️

>

>

One of the nice things about golf is playing without pressure. Too many times in the past I have played concentrating purely on improving my score and forgetting the pleasure of hitting the occasional good shot. Since being in the Grille the importance of enjoying the game as opposed to winning the competition has become more apparent. Thank goodness I found you guys, you really have turned things around for me.???

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > The CFL playoffs continue today with the Eastern and Western finals this afternoon. The home town Hamilton Tiger-Cats are hosting Edmonton Eskimos (cross-over team) while Saskatchewan Rough Riders host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers later on. The winner of each matchup will meet in the Grey Cup game next week in Calgary to determine the CFL championship. A week after that we'll be packing for the west coast and an early Christmas with the kids.

> >

> > We made it! The Ti-Cats were victorious 36-16 to go undefeated at home this season and earn a berth in the Grey Cup. They will be facing the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, who upset Saskatchewan 20-13, next week in Calgary. Bring it on!! :triumph:

>

> Congratulations to the Tiger Cats. And to you as well, as a fan. May have to tune in to CBC (Windsor) to catch some of the Grey Cup. Viewed the game before, when I realized that it was on the telly. Throw my allegiance towards Hamilton to bring home a 'ship. Because I "know" somebody.

>

> At least you have a team that one can actually root for. The professional teams here are dismal. Tabby's lost another game yesterday. SOL (Same Old Lions), 62 years of ineptitude and counting. Not worthy of my attention. The others are equally dreadful, simply competing at a .500 level would be a major accomplishment. MSU FB got smoked by UM on Saturday. They're in a tailspin program-wise right now. Perhaps the time has come for the HC to retire, an overhaul of the entire staff is needed. At least I have MSU BB to look forward to during the upcoming winter months.

>

> Find myself almost, a little bit, perish the thought, pulling for the Buckeyes to continue kicking butt. The BIL, Cleveland native, is a huge fan. So I got that going for me...........

>

>

It's a strange dynamic in this part of the world for professional sport allegiances. In the _Centre of the Universe_ (Toronto) they are more likely to be interested in the latest points spread on the NFL line than on any goings on with the CFL. It's sad really as I recall the glory days of the Argos where 35000 fans would regularly show up for a game at the less than cozy confines that was Exhibition Stadium. Now, with the new and comfy pitch of BMO Field they are lucky to draw 10000! People just don't care anymore, especially new Canadians who would far rather spend 10 times the amount to go and watch a Rapters game or fill the stadium to capacity (30000+) for a Toronto FC tilt! It's really no surprise that Don Cherry sounded off on Coaches Courner about the lack of respect for fallen veterans on Remembrance Day ultimately resulting in his ouster by the politically correct at the network! That's the real story up here this week

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @billh17 said:

> > > was just reading some older threads,due to boredom, and found one where a large percentage of this site are hitting their 9i 150 yrds.

> > > I'm now down to a 6i for that. Last year was a 7i, and this year i noticed i was short a lot so started dropping to the 6.

> > >** some of these guys must be semi-pros !**

> >

> > I think quite likely they are. Heck, I'm not even sure I can get 150 out of a 5 hybrid everytime, certainly not when it's cold. I've come to learn that i don't really have much that is useful to add when it comes to the actual golf threads. As Fella says; I play at it. That's about it.

> >

> >

>

> I ignore any and all commentary about "distance" posted elsewhere in these chronicles. Simply not relevant to my game or capabilities. Use whatever club necessary to traverse a required distance. Heretofore, when I still had the Pings, didn't seem to hit the 6 iron all that well. To the point that I shied away from using it. Opting for a 24* 9 wood instead, from 150 and beyond. But have to be careful, because if I "clip it" well, can fly the green. Seem to hit the "new" 28* 6 iron better, so that has become the 150 club of choice last season. Beyond that, no reason to play long(er) irons. A 5 iron goes about the same distance as a 6. Do not realize any meaningful distance gains do to ineffective ball striking. Using a fairway metal (or a hybrid if that's your preference) is more reliable from distance.

>

> Fully subscribe to old man's golf (OMP?) these days. Get off the tee with some measure of accuracy (i.e. no OB, in the trees, etc.). Advance the ball safely down the fairway. Then depend upon short game prowess and putting to hopefully post a score. I'm regularly faced with near the green pitch, chip and wedge shots. How affectively I can execute those shots is the significant determinant of a score outcome at the end of the round. Along with holing a few putts along the way. Along with a fortuitous bounce or two of the ball after careening one off a tree. Reality. And I see nothing that will change this dynamic moving forward.

>

WEll I'm a very long way from playing OMP golf, that's for sure. I lack the touch around the greens and the consistency with a putter in hand to even approach what the legend is capable of delivering day in and day out, but it is a worthy goal to aspire to.

Already thinking about the season to come and where I might ply my skills or lack there of. Do I return to the old stomping grounds or look for something closer to begin a new chapter in this game? So much time spent on the road gets to you after a while. I used to play regularly at an old goat track up on the hill that would be about a half hour drive, but avoids the highways and would be a good midpoint for myself and my buddy Dave. It would be nice to get back to playing 18s again and the 4800 yards from the front tees would be benign I think. It's cheap too which suits the financial realities of retirement.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > @billh17 said:

> > > > was just reading some older threads,due to boredom, and found one where a large percentage of this site are hitting their 9i 150 yrds.

> > > > I'm now down to a 6i for that. Last year was a 7i, and this year i noticed i was short a lot so started dropping to the 6.

> > > >** some of these guys must be semi-pros !**

> > >

> > > I think quite likely they are. Heck, I'm not even sure I can get 150 out of a 5 hybrid everytime, certainly not when it's cold. I've come to learn that i don't really have much that is useful to add when it comes to the actual golf threads. As Fella says; I play at it. That's about it.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I ignore any and all commentary about "distance" posted elsewhere in these chronicles. Simply not relevant to my game or capabilities. Use whatever club necessary to traverse a required distance. Heretofore, when I still had the Pings, didn't seem to hit the 6 iron all that well. To the point that I shied away from using it. Opting for a 24* 9 wood instead, from 150 and beyond. But have to be careful, because if I "clip it" well, can fly the green. Seem to hit the "new" 28* 6 iron better, so that has become the 150 club of choice last season. Beyond that, no reason to play long(er) irons. A 5 iron goes about the same distance as a 6. Do not realize any meaningful distance gains do to ineffective ball striking. Using a fairway metal (or a hybrid if that's your preference) is more reliable from distance.

> >

> > Fully subscribe to old man's golf (OMP?) these days. Get off the tee with some measure of accuracy (i.e. no OB, in the trees, etc.). Advance the ball safely down the fairway. Then depend upon short game prowess and putting to hopefully post a score. I'm regularly faced with near the green pitch, chip and wedge shots. How affectively I can execute those shots is the significant determinant of a score outcome at the end of the round. Along with holing a few putts along the way. Along with a fortuitous bounce or two of the ball after careening one off a tree. Reality. And I see nothing that will change this dynamic moving forward.

> >

> > @billh17. Preaching to the choir, as we all seemingly approach the game from the same perspective. It's the playing that is fun. Good, bad or indifferent. And the company we keep in the so doing. Every single round is approached with anticipation. Because today might be the day. Unfortunately, the actual play seems to revert back to the norm. No matter. I enjoyed myself. Along with a bit of "kicking myself" for the bad shots that I know how to execute properly. Woulda, shoulda, syndrome.

> >

> > There seems to be many, especially here in WRX'ville, that obsess over trying to play to a certain level. Hit 150 yard 9 irons. (Although the last time I checked, they didn't deduct strokes by so doing.) Hours spent on practice, instruction, dollars spent on equipment. Chasing a score, lowering a handicap, winning. Floats their boat evidently. I'm not good enough, nor will I ever be, to chase such carrots. And glad I'm not wrapped that tight to the point that the chasing becomes a compulsion. So we all "piddle" along in the trying. In our own ways. And find enjoyment in the pursuit. That's good enough.

> >

> > Unfortunately, because of all the white outside, it's going to be a few months to commence with "piddling" once again. ☹️

> >

> >

>

> One of the nice things about golf is playing without pressure. Too many times in the past I have played concentrating purely on improving my score and forgetting the pleasure of hitting the occasional good shot. Since being in the Grille the importance of enjoying the game as opposed to winning the competition has become more apparent. Thank goodness I found you guys, you really have turned things around for me.???

Nice feeling isn't it? When I was still working and still able to drive, I had a membership at a local course. Several summer afternoons I would take 1/2 a vacation day and just go play golf by myself on a Friday afternoon as I knew I would have the place to myself, and it would be so nice out. But also, I wouldn't keep score, no card at all. Now that was very enjoyable, just play and have fun. I mean, I get up now in the morning, make a cup of coffee, check in to the Grille, read the news, do a few other morning things, all without keeping score. And everything works out just fine. But if I kept score around the house on my daily activities, ha, I'm sure I'd be trying to figure out why I can't make the coffee better, how to get faster log on time, why my posts aren't as good as others, should I get a newer laptop, etc etc... nope, no pressure, just enjoy B)

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > > @billh17 said:

> > > > > was just reading some older threads,due to boredom, and found one where a large percentage of this site are hitting their 9i 150 yrds.

> > > > > I'm now down to a 6i for that. Last year was a 7i, and this year i noticed i was short a lot so started dropping to the 6.

> > > > >** some of these guys must be semi-pros !**

> > > >

> > > > I think quite likely they are. Heck, I'm not even sure I can get 150 out of a 5 hybrid everytime, certainly not when it's cold. I've come to learn that i don't really have much that is useful to add when it comes to the actual golf threads. As Fella says; I play at it. That's about it.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I ignore any and all commentary about "distance" posted elsewhere in these chronicles. Simply not relevant to my game or capabilities. Use whatever club necessary to traverse a required distance. Heretofore, when I still had the Pings, didn't seem to hit the 6 iron all that well. To the point that I shied away from using it. Opting for a 24* 9 wood instead, from 150 and beyond. But have to be careful, because if I "clip it" well, can fly the green. Seem to hit the "new" 28* 6 iron better, so that has become the 150 club of choice last season. Beyond that, no reason to play long(er) irons. A 5 iron goes about the same distance as a 6. Do not realize any meaningful distance gains do to ineffective ball striking. Using a fairway metal (or a hybrid if that's your preference) is more reliable from distance.

> > >

> > > Fully subscribe to old man's golf (OMP?) these days. Get off the tee with some measure of accuracy (i.e. no OB, in the trees, etc.). Advance the ball safely down the fairway. Then depend upon short game prowess and putting to hopefully post a score. I'm regularly faced with near the green pitch, chip and wedge shots. How affectively I can execute those shots is the significant determinant of a score outcome at the end of the round. Along with holing a few putts along the way. Along with a fortuitous bounce or two of the ball after careening one off a tree. Reality. And I see nothing that will change this dynamic moving forward.

> > >

> > > @billh17. Preaching to the choir, as we all seemingly approach the game from the same perspective. It's the playing that is fun. Good, bad or indifferent. And the company we keep in the so doing. Every single round is approached with anticipation. Because today might be the day. Unfortunately, the actual play seems to revert back to the norm. No matter. I enjoyed myself. Along with a bit of "kicking myself" for the bad shots that I know how to execute properly. Woulda, shoulda, syndrome.

> > >

> > > There seems to be many, especially here in WRX'ville, that obsess over trying to play to a certain level. Hit 150 yard 9 irons. (Although the last time I checked, they didn't deduct strokes by so doing.) Hours spent on practice, instruction, dollars spent on equipment. Chasing a score, lowering a handicap, winning. Floats their boat evidently. I'm not good enough, nor will I ever be, to chase such carrots. And glad I'm not wrapped that tight to the point that the chasing becomes a compulsion. So we all "piddle" along in the trying. In our own ways. And find enjoyment in the pursuit. That's good enough.

> > >

> > > Unfortunately, because of all the white outside, it's going to be a few months to commence with "piddling" once again. ☹️

> > >

> > >

> >

> > One of the nice things about golf is playing without pressure. Too many times in the past I have played concentrating purely on improving my score and forgetting the pleasure of hitting the occasional good shot. Since being in the Grille the importance of enjoying the game as opposed to winning the competition has become more apparent. Thank goodness I found you guys, you really have turned things around for me.???

>

> Nice feeling isn't it? When I was still working and still able to drive, I had a membership at a local course. Several summer afternoons I would take 1/2 a vacation day and just go play golf by myself on a Friday afternoon as I knew I would have the place to myself, and it would be so nice out. But also, I wouldn't keep score, no card at all. Now that was very enjoyable, just play and have fun. I mean, I get up now in the morning, make a cup of coffee, check in to the Grille, read the news, do a few other morning things, all without keeping score. And everything works out just fine. But if I kept score around the house on my daily activities, ha, I'm sure I'd be trying to figure out why I can't make the coffee better, how to get faster log on time, why my posts aren't as good as others, should I get a newer laptop, etc etc... nope, no pressure, just enjoy B)

Your morning routine sounds much like mine, painting a picture for sons Xmas present so have to be on the ball, the next two weeks at least will be lounging in the studio.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

@SixtySomePing said:

When I was still working and still able to drive, I had a membership at a local course. Several summer afternoons I would take 1/2 a vacation day and just go play golf by myself on a Friday afternoon as I knew I would have the place to myself, and it would be so nice out. But also, I wouldn't keep score, no card at all. Now that was very enjoyable, just play and have fun.

Ah yes, the solo round. Has become one of my favorite ways to play at golf. There's a local course just up the road that I play in the early afternoon hours. Not much of a course, some would label it a goat track. But not busy at that time of day, can just show up and go. Cheap, $10.00 for 9. Occasionally, as the course permits, will double back and play a few holes over. (12 holes of golf is just about right). Sometimes I cart, other times I walk. Sorta depends on the heat, how fast I want to get around (can play 9 in about an hour). No scorecard. Each hole is a singular challenge in and of itself.

The solitude is what I appreciate. No requirement for being conversational with anyone else. Can focus on swing things, trying to hit a quality shot, or nothing at all. Drop a ball if I want a "do over". Also the opportunity to bring out the classic implements that I enjoy playing periodically without the "stage fright" associated with the inevitable hacked shot. Drop a ball and try it again. Solo is defiantly a fun way to play.

• Like 2

The snow has begun to melt quite nicely since yesterday. Soon it will be gone and hopefully I'll be back to normal by the weekend. In an effort to keep things at a "normal" level this winter I bought a snowblower yesterday. They had a sale on at Lowes, so took advantage of that and ordered a single stage Cub Cadet that I should be able to pick up in store in about a week. An extravagant purchase, yes, but I'll be darned if I'm going to spend my winters buggered half the time from shoveling. I purchased the 221LHP which is very highly rated. It helped that there was a posting from earlier in the week by a woman in the area expounding on how well the machine handled the recent snowfall we had. That kind of sealed the deal along with a phone call to a dealer I know confirming what I had read online.

Upon informing DW of what I had done she exclaimed: You know it won't snow now for the rest of the winter! Cheap insurance if that should come to pass. It was actually her idea that I get one. I was resisting, but with each passing day of not feeling materially better, I sort of caved when a deal came up.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> @SixtySomePing said:

> When I was still working and still able to drive, I had a membership at a local course. Several summer afternoons I would take 1/2 a vacation day and just go play golf by myself on a Friday afternoon as I knew I would have the place to myself, and it would be so nice out. But also, I wouldn't keep score, no card at all. Now that was very enjoyable, just play and have fun.

>

> Ah yes, the solo round. Has become one of my favorite ways to play at golf. There's a local course just up the road that I play in the early afternoon hours. Not much of a course, some would label it a goat track. But not busy at that time of day, can just show up and go. Cheap, $10.00 for 9. Occasionally, as the course permits, will double back and play a few holes over. (12 holes of golf is just about right). Sometimes I cart, other times I walk. Sorta depends on the heat, how fast I want to get around (can play 9 in about an hour). No scorecard. Each hole is a singular challenge in and of itself.

>

> The solitude is what I appreciate. No requirement for being conversational with anyone else. Can focus on swing things, trying to hit a quality shot, or nothing at all. Drop a ball if I want a "do over". Also the opportunity to bring out the classic implements that I enjoy playing periodically without the "stage fright" associated with the inevitable hacked shot. Drop a ball and try it again. Solo is defiantly a fun way to play.

>

Exactly what I did, even left the pin in when I putted, of course this was before the rule changed. Usually hit more than one ball from the fairway, hence the reason for no card even more I guess. I miss being able to drive a car to get there, or any other course, as this was one of the things I was really looking forward to doing so much in retirement. This place also was not a glam and glitter place, but membership was a sleek $300 annually. Dang, I see it's still $350

https://www.burningtreegc.com/golf-membership/

See, that's what I was looking forward to, almost a daily trek out there, just like you say, maybe getting in 12 holes, whatever. Well, you can't have it all, like I said before, where would you put it?... (credit to Steven Wright for that one) B)

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > When I was still working and still able to drive, I had a membership at a local course. Several summer afternoons I would take 1/2 a vacation day and just go play golf by myself on a Friday afternoon as I knew I would have the place to myself, and it would be so nice out. But also, I wouldn't keep score, no card at all. Now that was very enjoyable, just play and have fun.

> >

> > Ah yes, the solo round. Has become one of my favorite ways to play at golf. There's a local course just up the road that I play in the early afternoon hours. Not much of a course, some would label it a goat track. But not busy at that time of day, can just show up and go. Cheap, $10.00 for 9. Occasionally, as the course permits, will double back and play a few holes over. (12 holes of golf is just about right). Sometimes I cart, other times I walk. Sorta depends on the heat, how fast I want to get around (can play 9 in about an hour). No scorecard. Each hole is a singular challenge in and of itself.

> >

> > The solitude is what I appreciate. No requirement for being conversational with anyone else. Can focus on swing things, trying to hit a quality shot, or nothing at all. Drop a ball if I want a "do over". Also the opportunity to bring out the classic implements that I enjoy playing periodically without the "stage fright" associated with the inevitable hacked shot. Drop a ball and try it again. Solo is defiantly a fun way to play.

> >

>

> Exactly what I did, even left the pin in when I putted, of course this was before the rule changed. Usually hit more than one ball from the fairway, hence the reason for no card even more I guess. I miss being able to drive a car to get there, or any other course, as this was one of the things I was really looking forward to doing so much in retirement. This place also was not a glam and glitter place, but membership was a sleek $300 annually. Dang, I see it's still $350

> https://www.burningtreegc.com/golf-membership/

> See, that's what I was looking forward to, almost a daily trek out there, just like you say, maybe getting in 12 holes, whatever. Well, you can't have it all, like I said before, where would you put it?... (credit to Steven Wright for that one) B)

I wish I had a place like Burning Tree around here. Membership $350 and only $11 cart rental

per round. Looks like a nice course. What a great deal.

There's a nice course 22 miles from me, which is the closest course to me. Annual membership

$1450 and $18 cart rental per round. I like your deal much better.

I'm still deciding whether to get an annual pass at the trail $1620 plus $20 cart fee per round

or do something like this other course only half as far from home.

In the meantime, well, I'm just not playing all that much.......yet......but I expect that to change

soon. Playing the Legislator course at Capitol Hill RTJ with the buds Thursday. Time for me

to stop being such a slacker and start doing some golf reportage in the Grille.

• Like 1

Looks like a nice course Rad. Our membership is 505 a year,plus 8 bucks for a cart. Still cheap enough and the course is nice enough to make it worth it. Cant play mornings there, too crowded with the seniors, so my normal tee is around 2pm. Hot during the summer months but it has league play 3 nights a week which sorta limits the playing time for me. Another one 40 minutes away is even cheaper, but not as nice. The big draw is that my course is 10 minutes from home, which is great.

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

My home course is $850 for full membership, $20 cart fee for nine &25 for 18 members rates. Monday and Friday are usually open social golf days but sometimes they rent it out for social golf clubs and corporate games. We can play social golf any day but for five days we have to work around the tournaments. Tee times are flexible and mostly you can turn up and get a game without booking a tee time. The course is open to non members for a slightly higher rate. Considering the other golf clubs in the area we are a good price, the course is well kept by an excellent green director and has a mixture of easy and difficult holes, plenty of water and trees for the unwary. Will try to load a flyover soon, not working today.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Our heat wave and fire danger continue, whilst locally it seems to be better, part of Australia will be experiencing 115’ today with windy conditions. Who in their right mind would be a fire fighter, these men deserve 20 times more than they are paid, nearly six months now with up to 16 hour days.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @billh17 said:

> it is even on the evening news now. Had a segment on the K bears getting killed, and the lady who saved one ...

> Terrible situation. You and yours take care and stay safe !

One hospital that caters only for them was destroyed killing around 150.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > https://stillwatersgolf.com/

>

> The menu looks good too. Cyndy has been wanting Gus to make Hollow Peenyo Popperds, and Fysh Toccos for a long tyme. He does make Fysh Stycks wyth Tocco Chyps, but that's not the same. (he calls them 'filets on trays')

You should start your own comedy show. ???

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)