Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

@Fellaheen51 your stories of fishing in a 16' aluminum boat brings back memories of when the kids were small and we would cottage in the summer up near Parry Sound on Star Lake. A whole bunch of us would go up there renting several cottages and have a whale of a time! My neighbour had a small aluminum boat and motor and we would go out in it every morning and fish for bass and pike. Never got a lot because we weren't much at fishing, but always enjoyed the peace and solitude with a mug of coffee and a pipe full of tobacco. It would seem that the kids would often have better luck fishing the rapids between the lakes. As with golf, simplest is best.
  • Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

My gawd the lag in response this morning is way beyond tolerable. This has to be the worst execution of a system roll-out in the history of man! 8 months and counting and we have this sort of functionality?

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Had a most enjoyable round yesterday. Weather was perfect and the company was good. Awhile

back I ditched the rotary swing and went back to being more upright; to take the stress off my

lower back. After the round no pain or stiffness. Woke up this morning to no pain or stiffness.

I hit some good shots and some not so good shots; made a few birdies and a few "others".

Starting to feel confident a golfer still resides within me. The fun will be in the search to find

him. I'll probably play again early next week.

Like many of you I'm not sure about being a member somewhere. All the years I played on

the road spoiled me; probably played over 150 different courses in that time. I like variety

and playing courses I have not played before. Because of this, for now anyway, I'm gonna

just freelance and not commit to any particular place.

Once you pay for an annual membership you feel like you need to play there exclusively

in order to get the most bang for your buck. Of course, tomorrow I could change my

mind.....................OGA forever!

• Like 1

I'm not having any lag problems either, send a post some time where part of the sentence popped out of position and I didn't see it happen before I posted it...my only problem is not being able to quote and comment and also still hopping from where I'm typing to some other location in the text, afraid I'm going to

• Like 2

Apparently if you click on the paragraph bullet to the left of the dialogue box you can access some of the format features.

Like a bullet list or and ordered listyou can quote some text from another postcode block

Unfortunately I don't see anywhere to bold, underline or italicize, but as others have mentioned there isn't the response lag that we were experiencing this morning. Maybe the text features will come with the next update?

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Highlighting the text that you want to format will bring up the formatting box. For instance bold. Yes, the lag has disappeared. So has the run on backspacing.
Unfortunately I don't see anywhere to bold, underline or italicize, but as others have mentioned there isn't the response lag that we were experiencing this morning. Maybe the text features will come with the next update? ?Unfortunately I don't see anywhere to bold, underline or italicize, but as others have mentioned there isn't the response lag that we were experiencing this morning. Maybe the text features will come with theT next update? ?All kinds of strange happenings going on within the "code block". Cursor jumping all over the place. Bolding where there was none. Guess, maybe it would have some value for quoting comments (copy/paste). But not with how it's responding now. Way to janky.
Maltby TS-1 Build Specs.pdfAttaching a file is kinda cool. Don't remember having that feature before.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

@ Scomac : lol I see no bullet mark, no other extras, all i get is a HUGE , and i mean a really BIGLY comment box.

and i watch it type a word correctly, and as i continue alone it will delete letters it the words already typed.

This is not fun ...this is silly. This tiny message had 9 corrections....and the typing lag showed up twice.

Takes the enjoyment out of the site.

• Like 1

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

As I commented on the thread at my sons place of work several companies have been amalgamated with entirely different systems, part of his job is to write programmes to make it all compatible, to check this they have employed someone to test every aspect of new software BEFORE it is implemented, he always finds things that are not quite right that need mostly simple fixes but fixing they need. As I understand this site uses an off site company to effect these upgrades so they need a kick in the backside, or dismissing and find a better one. Having discussed the problems with my son he says mostly they are simple errors that should in a competent company never happen, or if they do, they should be detected during the normal pre implementation checks.

?

• Like 1

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

My previous post was long, I made a mistake hit the back space button once and it carried on for many lines, then it would not let me type or do anything, I deleted the ap, reinstalled, logged in and hey presto, 15 second lag which has this second disappeared and now it is back, it would not let me post what was typed then when I logged out and came back it was there. Too much for my old senile mind to deal with, going to sleep just in case it’s me and not the site.????

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

According to @Fellaheen51 highlighting the text will bring up a formatting box allows you to bold, italicize and stroke out amongst other features that are extremely glitchy this morning. The response lag is back too and I had to restore this twice due to non-response! Maybe I should go to the other golf forum if these guys persist in running with this sort of dodgy software. It's ridiculous!
On a more positive front, congrats to @Conrad1953 on your fine round. It's nice to get back into the swing of things especially if you can do so without discomfort.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I'm now on my third cup of coffee, fully awake, and prepared to deal with whatever misadventures this site has to offer this morning. Dam(n) the lag is back just now, and wasn't earlier when I was test composing. Formatting text seems to be working OK for the moment. The run on backspacing started again. After not being an issue earlier. The lag is the worse I've experienced. The posting of text in the comment box locked up. Just did a refresh and it went away for the moment. Trying to get this posted.
Sitting back watching the screen doing all kinds of weird things and I'm not even touching the keypad. The spinning ball of being in a loop, or whatever they call it. Went to the website help area to brief through the comments. Lots of issues. I shouldn't have to understand computerize to be able to post a simple comment. Been working on this post for like 15 minutes with all the hiccups and reloads required. Cannot believe the current state of functionality is the least bit acceptable to the administrators of this site. Based on the observable, one must conclude there was zero testing performed prior to the implementation of this enhanced editor business. Things were working OK prior, then went to hel(l) in a hand basket thereafter.
Would be easy to conclude to hel(l) with this nonsense and move on. Who needs the aggravation. But I enjoy the company here in the Grille. Reading the commentary that is posted. It's part of my morning routine. So I (we) preserve for the moment. Offering up whatever tidbits of information that is discovered in order to work through this mess of an upgrade. Although, by now, it's no longer an upgrade. It's become a debacle. @Conrad1953 Congrats on getting back out to playing. Would like to make further comments, but my patience is now exhausted. After the 4th refresh. This is so much B.S.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

@Fellaheen51 debacle is the word for this business! And I agree that one's patience gets tested beyond limits to the point of saying to hell with it!
Curled last night in our regular Friday rec league. We won 9-1 and that was because we quite literally left half the sheet open for the other squad to score one in the final end. Most one sided game I've been involved in for quite sometime. I do remember a couple of shut-outs, but that was in my former curling life before I was a student of the stick. It's proven quite interesting I find that I'm getting comments routinely about how well we play with a stick particularly in terms of weight control with our shots which is the single hardest thing to get a handle on. Not many people use sticks at this club versus where we played before. To say that traditionalists frown upon them is an understatement. It's probably not unlike shovels or chippers or long putters or....in the world of golf. Embrace the non-athlete rather than trying to defy father time and pretend you're something you're not!
Froze again! Sheesh! Today is a full docket of domestic chores. Second load of laundry already on the go with chili to be made and another piece of furniture in a box to build. Keep well gents!
  • Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Page locked up, likes locked up, page keeps refreshing itself and took around five minutes to get the keyboard up, beautiful lag at present, wish my driving lag was as good.??‍♂️??

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I posted in another thread a little while ago and it did not take. Now I had posted in a couple of the Classics threads and they posted---- Do not know if it is me or WRX----- I know there have been some problems lately one of the reasons I have not been posting lately

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

@Stu : It isn't you ,the same is happening on my Laptop and also on the miss's desk computer. They seem to have a glitch in the new "Editor" app they installed. Funny thing is you guys were talking about it for a couple days and i had not had any issues, and then it started with doubling a post and has continued to do all the things you guys are seeing. this is not good...lol
  • Like 1

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

All sorts of queer stuff going on, at present have 10 second lag, really frustrating because when the words I am checking eventually come I have forotten what I was going to post next. Had to re post this as the back space once again went on a spree, random words coming up and when you try to eliminate them the back space punishes you.

enough for today, too hard?

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

That would ruin Deck The Halls With Boughs of Holly wouldn't it ? Actually in today's terms gives whole new meaning overall to that verse

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Tried to sign in on chrome, used the recently reset password, waiting now twenty minutes for the email they have sent to reset once again, as you can see still logged in on safari so what is the problem.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Somehow it logged me in on chrome whilst I was waiting for my email which still has not arrived, lag is even worse and it has resurrected an old post that dissapeared yesterday to the blue beyond somewhere in Never never land. Curser is jumping everyWhere,

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)