Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Last night was DW's work Christmas party. It was just for the lab rather than the whole hospital. I believe that the pathologists sponsored the event and got it going again. It was held at a Holiday Inn not far from the hospital. There were about 75ish in attendance. The food was excellent! One of the better spreads that I've seen for this type of event. The bar was a bit limited for choice, but i don't think anyone really complained on that front.

Cocktails were followed by the meal and then there was entertainment afterwards. You give folks an A for effort, but often times this can leave a bit to be desired with amateur musicians/singers. One of the pathologists organizes a choir and she brought them along to sing Christmas carols. The thing is that the pathologist is the leader of the group and she is clearly the poorest singer as she is loud, yet struggles with key and dynamics. It doesn't help being married to someone who is in an award winning church choir. I've got a tin ear and even I was cringing at some of the notes. Still, it was all in good fun and the entertainment wrapped up about 9:00 pm with the younger folks taking to the dance floor as the hip hop blared from an iPhone that was plugged into the sound system. That was the cue for us to make our leave.

The world she's a changing place and that could not have been more evident than last night with such an ethnically diverse crowd, especially amongst the younger members. I'm genuinely curious as where these folks came from and would like to hear their stories, but am unsure as to how to proceed along those lines of conversation in the politically correct world that we live in today. But, the difference is quite stark when comparing the older employees with many years of service to those that have been there less than ten. Still kind of a cool thing to see, a bit like a micro version of United Nations when you aren't particularly used to it.

Yes I can relate to the ethnic diversity, thinking back to when I was a little fella, I can remember that far, sometimes, my father was possibly the most racist person you could meet, but back then they were so rare, apart from where we worked in the motor industry and then all labourers were either West Indian or Indian/ Pakistanies.

They were treated well but no one wanted them as friends and I was looked at as a nut job when I started training some Pakistaie children at my Judo club, they were by far the most dedicated students and ended up taking all the trophies for age and weight at the national championships. The other children accepted them no problem but there was some resistance from parents, that however dissapeared after a short time, I also made good friends with their parents.

As an aside, DW and myself had been walking out for around six months and we stopped at an Indian restaurant for a meal when we were visiting relatives in another city, the waiter was one of my former pupils, his father, mother, brothers snd sisters came out to talk to us, it was really good to see they were doing well. I always found them extreemly polite and well behaved, a good example to others and because of the sporting link they were accepted into the normal social circles. Before I met DW I was working as an instructor in an engineering apprentice training school, for three years running our best apprentices were either Indian or Pakistsnie

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Our company party is Saturday night as I've said. We will have 450 people this year, and we usually have a pretty good one. We had Mike Albert as Elvis a couple of years ago. (see below) I think for 1 1/2 hrs. it was like $10,000, and he was worth it, in this video I believe he was at Vegas. But he's from near here in Westerville.

Heckuva nice guy, and in real life a realtor as you can see in the 2nd video... quite a transition

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

I still think in that 60s/70's style costume Christmas party, my DW was a little starstruck...

Enjoy the knees up Sixty, remember how many people misbehave at the Christmas party and do your bit by setting a good, or bad example, whichever takes your fancy.

One good thing from your problems this year you will have to be transported home so no need to stay sober, just don’t get drunk enough so you have to be carried. :lol:

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Last night was DW's second birthday dinner as it was her actual birthday. We went to a newly opened steakhouse that friends own. #1 son and DIL accompanied us. It was a really good night! Everything was delicious! Iceberg wedge, sirloin Oscar and a really good bottle of California red from Conundrum. Topped it off with the Keg's proprietary Billy Minor Pie which is a coffee mocha ice cream concoction drizzled in caramel and chocolate sauces. :nyam:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

It's a grey day with drizzle. The promised warmer temperatures are now with us. I was surprised how quickly the inch or so of snow that fell yesterday morning melted away, completely. We are now in the midst of what is supposed to be a two week mild spell. Can't complain about that even though it's not particularly holiday like. Who knows, I may even get around to putting up a few outdoor decorations this year now that the tree is up along with the other indoor accouterments. I feel strangely ahead of schedule this year, but without the activities that used to occupy my time I really have no excuses for not being on schedule.

I have a massage scheduled for this afternoon. This will be the first one I've had in a number of months as I was thinking that they were leaving me vulnerable to trouble within a few days of having one done. My PT thinks it would be a good idea to get back with the program as I am so tight. I know that my neck and shoulders would benefit. Subtract; add; see what happens... :dntknw:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Enjoy the knees up Sixty, remember how many people misbehave at the Christmas party and do your bit by setting a good, or bad example, whichever takes your fancy.

One good thing from your problems this year you will have to be transported home so no need to stay sober, just don’t get drunk enough so you have to be carried. :lol:

It's one good thing about my epilepsy, the meds don't let me drink, my brain would freak out.

So today is our 45th wedding anniversary. We started the day out in the very early morning hours doing what most couples do on their anniversary, we went to Walmart. :swoon: Now we have a new couch coming, then we will go out to eat. Got lots of texts and Facebook well wishes already.

I think I have mentioned our meeting in Sept. 1973, she was a waitress, I asked her out, in 2 weeks we were eating fries in the parking lot at McDonald's. I said 'I think we should get married' she said "yeah, I think so too', so we set a random date of Dec. 14th and here we are 45 years later. Now it takes me longer than that to buy a new set of irons...

It's one good thing about my epilepsy, the meds don't let me drink, my brain would freak out.

So today is our 45th wedding anniversary. We started the day out in the very early morning hours doing what most couples do on their anniversary, we went to Walmart. :swoon: Now we have a new couch coming, then we will go out to eat. Got lots of texts and Facebook well wishes already.

I think I have mentioned our meeting in Sept. 1973, she was a waitress, I asked her out, in 2 weeks we were eating fries in the parking lot at McDonald's. I said 'I think we should get married' she said "yeah, I think so too', so we set a random date of Dec. 14th and here we are 45 years later. Now it takes me longer than that to buy a new set of irons...

First of all let me say congratulations! :clapping:

It's funny how that can be, when you know you just know. I met my wife in August of 1983. By October we were already talking about getting married, having kids and the like. It didn't take long. Couldn't have been more than 6 weeks really.

We didn't get married until April of 1985, but that had as much to do with my father dying the year prior and all the turmoil that created that unfortunately drug on for several years. It was interesting that my wife says that my father knew we were going to get married even though we weren't engaged at the time of his death. I guess they had conversations. I have never been good at conversations...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

When you know YOU KNOW.

One of my favorite movie quotes...........so which movie was it? :rolleyes:

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Congrats on #45. Wow, #50 is just around the corner. :)

Under Scotee's "Threads I'm glad I didn't start category"................................

Wife Choice Help

I met this girl. She's beautiful, smart, funny, has a wonderful heart and she loves me

and I love her.

Do you think I'm making a good choice or should I go get fit for a wife?

SLED Gemini

We knew each other for a while and DW was engaged when we first met, she was my secretary. It was a while before I asked her out but then it was only a week before I asked. We left the company we were working for and started over, a great adventure that saw us getting married and living in a borrowed tent on sand dunes, collecting shells and making trinkets, selling them around camping sites and generally bumming around. Been an adventure every day since.

Congratulations Sixty 45 is a long time and shows the decision was a good one. This year is our 44th, May 31st, seems like yesterday we were married.

Bet you were a smooth talker, waitresses are asked out all the time and it takes a special chat up line to get them on a date.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

When you know YOU KNOW.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

Yes, I may have posted this before a time or four, but the first time I set eyes on my DW it was love at first sight, it was months before we actually spoke to each other, that first sight was indelibly imprinted in my brain.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

When you know YOU KNOW.

When Harry met Sally as spoken by the Billy Crystal character.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

When you know YOU KNOW.

When Harry met Sally as spoken by the Billy Crystal character.

SLED Gemini

Massive mistake this morning, DW and son have gone shopping, I am the only calming influence in the shops, may need a bank loan before they finish. Waiting with trepidation at the outcome.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I believe it was Tol who predicted the effort to catch up here would be met with a shortage of likes. And correct he was.

Always great to read/hear of outstanding milestones on the journey.. Sixty's years with his bride -and others of you as well.

Just some random sharing now in no particular order amid catching up.

Snakes are ok I suppose. So are chiggers, ticks, poison oak, and chocolate covered cherries. It's been said snakes are more afraid of us than we are off them. I may have been absent the day that research was done.

Message. Love the idea on paper. Really sounds good. It's on the bucket list. Haven't ever actually seen a pro for one. Two driving reasons. I'd get Helga - Olympic weightlifter stripped of gold after flunking the chromosome test. She'd permanently bend my fruit of the loom. Or - I'd get Helga - Miss November - 2007. She'd permanently bend my fruit of the loom. Note to self. Check names of key players on bucket list.

Items I can't find on eBay:

1. A rubber maid

2. Milk cow that farts air conditioning

3. Crash dummy for Helga

Last - got a question. What form of industrial bolt cutter or chainsaw is recommended to open packages these days? When the day comes golf balls require the jaws of life to unpackaged them I'm switching to pottery.

My better half and I wish you and her a very happy Anniversary ,and hope there are many more !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I believe it was Tol who predicted the effort to catch up here would be met with a shortage of likes. And correct he was.

Always great to read/hear of outstanding milestones on the journey.. Sixty's years with his bride -and others of you as well.

Snakes are ok I suppose. So are chiggers, ticks, poison oak, and chocolate covered cherries. It's been said snakes are more afraid of us than we are off them. I may have been absent the day that research was done.

Message. Love the idea on paper. Really sounds good. It's on the bucket list. Haven't ever actually seen a pro for one. Two driving reasons. I'd get Helga - Olympic weightlifter stripped of gold after flunking the chromosome test. She'd permanently bend my fruit of the loom. Or - I'd get Helga - Miss November - 2007. She'd permanently bend my fruit of the loom. Note to self. Check names of key players on bucket list.

1. A rubber maid

3. Crash dummy for Helga

Last - got a question. What form of industrial bolt cutter or chainsaw is recommended to open packages these days? When the day comes golf balls require the jaws of life to unpackaged them I'm switching to pottery.

Posted packages come in one of two forms.

1. Barely enough to cover the said item, item is damaged upon receipt and someone on the journey has used and removed a small part of it.

2. Parcel is packaged like a nuclear deterrent, enough packing styrene cardboard and packing tape to stop any damage no matter what hits it, drops on it shoots at it or tries to pry it open before delivery, takes up to a day to open snd then it’s too late to return if the order is Incorrect.

Conversely we could always go to the store and purchase one, however you now need to be extra rich to do this as they are always very expensive.

Hope that helps.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

1. A rubber maid

3. Crash dummy for Helga

It is great to hear from you Reasy, now I know why my laptop kept breaking down, it kept suffering from irreasonability...

Snakes would be better ok if they lived at either the north pole or the south pole, preferably the south pole as they are used to the south anyway, and it would be easier for someone to say 'all of y'all just go farther south now, y'hear?'

Chocolate covered cherries maybe as long as they indicate which one out of the statistically proven 736,217 have the pit still in it.

Chiggers would have to have their diggers removed, and ticks as well...by law, or you should be able to establish and cordon off your person and property as a chigger and tick free zone without being taxed (current regulation)

As far as #1 and #2, I knew a farmer that had a cow fart into a large Rubbermaid container in hopes that it would keep the barn cool. It didn't work, but after 3 weeks when he opened it, it was still fresh :)

They don't make women weightlifters like they used to. Attached is a pic of the one at our local Y who is winning awards now, amazing. (pic below of her) and video here

As far as opening packages of golf balls delivered to you, if you're a no handicap golfer, and pretty much get lot of birdies, then use a crow bar.

1. A rubber maid

3. Crash dummy for Helga

It is great to hear from you Reasy, now I know why my laptop kept breaking down, it kept suffering from irreasonability...

Snakes would be better ok if they lived at either the north pole or the south pole, preferably the south pole as they are used to the south anyway, and it would be easier for someone to say 'all of y'all just go farther south now, y'hear?'

Chocolate covered cherries maybe as long as they indicate which one out of the statistically proven 736,217 have the pit still in it.

Chiggers would have to have their diggers removed, and ticks as well...by law, or you should be able to establish and cordon off your person and property as a chigger and tick free zone without being taxed (current regulation)

As far as #1 and #2, I knew a farmer that had a cow fart into a large Rubbermaid container in hopes that it would keep the barn cool. It didn't work, but after 3 weeks when he opened it, it was still fresh :)

They don't make women weightlifters like they used to. Attached is a pic of the one at our local Y who is winning awards now, amazing. (pic below of her) and video here

As far as opening packages of golf balls delivered to you, if you're a no handicap golfer, and pretty much get lot of birdies, then use a crow bar.

The way I play you would think I use a crowbar to hit the ball.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

1. A rubber maid

3. Crash dummy for Helga

Holy Xenia Onatop, Batman! The gams on that girl are a lethal weapon!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

1. A rubber maid

3. Crash dummy for Helga

Now that's an interesting concept. Maybe I should try that. Do you think that I might be able to find a graphite shafted crowbar on eBay? It would be like a cross between golf and field hockey being played by bored construction workers during their downtime. I can see it now with that annoying English bloke that's on YouTube doing a video-log on the topic...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Happy 45th Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Sixty. Best Wishes!

The other day, I was writing about the gluttony of a guy I used to know, and Tol and I related a couple stories. Related about Scots. I recall a Studebaker car called the Scotsman. The ads featured the cartoon of a Tam o Shanter clad guy. The car was the value leader at Studebaker. Came with painted bumpers and hub caps, completely a no frills car. Cost well under $2K in the late 1950's.

Imagine, naming a car today, based on an actual ethnic stereotype or attribute, like the Cadillac bumper protrusions called Dagmars. Defamation lawsuits would abound.

Walked 12 holes yesterday, with a 3w and my adjustable iron. Pretty sloppy course, half thawed, half frozen. Kept topping the ball, looked up, lost all rhythm. Hadn't played this month, so it was good to get out. Was really tired and sore when I got home.

Rainy and balmy this morning.

Cheers!

1. A rubber maid

3. Crash dummy for Helga

Now that's an interesting concept. Maybe I should try that. Do you think that I might be able to find a graphite shafted crowbar on eBay? It would be like a cross between golf and field hockey being played by bored construction workers during their downtime. I can see it now with that annoying English bloke that's on YouTube doing a video-log on the topic...

Would be interesting, may even push the boundaries of the OGA.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Last night was curling night for DW. I accompany her and watch the games. We have supper at the club afterward. I did the same thing a week ago when we were out west visiting the kids only in that instance, we were watching them play.

Last night was different. I was sitting there with my glass of wine and the ice maker comes over and we start to chat. About two minutes in he says to me: I can't watch this anymore! He was right as the play was pretty poor. It's one thing to be on the ice playing. It's quite another to be watching when you don't have a vested interest.

About that time, the bartender comes over with his big glass of ginger ale and joins the conversation. It's like we're the three amigos. Now I've known the bartender for like forever as we were both on the volunteer fire department in a previous life. All of us are at a curling club and yet none of us play even though we all did at one time in the past. The conversations can get pretty blunt talking about this person or that as well as what is going on with the club which has been through a bit of an upheaval of late. If you asked me how the games went last night, I don't have a clue. But, we sure covered a lot of ground when it comes to the BS that's been going on at the club with the food service contractor being fired in the past week and the couple that had done it for the previous 18 years agreeing to come back to finish the season. It's just like old times again! :)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

1. A rubber maid

3. Crash dummy for Helga

Would be interesting, may even push the boundaries of the OGA.

The official, non-existent OGA Rule Book, in the Conforming Equipment section it states........."Play what you want". So if you want to play with a crowbar (home improvement tour issue?), have at it. In fact, a crowbar (with the probe curvature at one end) would not be unlike a Rut Iron from days of yore.

Offering by congrats to Mrs. & Mr. 60 as well. Many more wonderful years to come. Think of all the quality time you'll be able to spend together in T-75 days and counting. 24/7/365 of matrimonial bliss.

Been a lot of B'days, anniversaries, special events lately. Hard to keep track of them all. So to everyone that has past celebrated, or will be celebrating in the future, a special day.........Congrats, Best Wishes, All the Best, Party Hardy. Just to CYA in case I miss a posting.

Got to get out today and do some Christmas shopping. Suppose to be a decent day climatically. To battle the hoards. Need to pick up something else for the Mrs. (I know not what). Will be taking the Granddaughter along for assistance. Somehow thinking the new food processor will not be entirely adequate. Also looking for an age appropriate Hot Wheels track for the Lad. I know nothing about said tracks, it's been a learning experience. Some of these "kits" are crazy expensive. Hot wheels were not a thing when I was a wee lad. Slot cars on the other hand, was a total junkie. Had massive amounts youthful capital invested in slot car stuff. I was a slot car Ho.

Nice to see Mr. Reason back amongst the group. Place isn't the same without his contributions to the chatter. Not one posting yet about swing things? It's been months. By now, there must be a tremendous amount of built up pressure waiting to blow. Maybe not. Maybe?

Recently revisited two comments about the "Three Most Important Clubs" in the bag. From Harvey Penick and Ben Hogan. HP had it as Putter, Driver, Wedge. BH as Driver, Putter, Wedge. A reminder from two authorities on where the emphasis should be place as we put together and wield our bag of sticks. That futzing around with different irons is not necessary in the grand scheme of the average hacker.

So what do I do last night. In a moment of weakness (and a eBay 15% flash sale), pull the trigger on some iron heads I'd been watching. More to come once I frap them up. Adios, i20's. Merry Christmas to me. Shhhh, haven't broke the news to the Mrs. yet.

P.S. Meg Ryan was as hot as they come in "When Harry Met Sally". Especially the restaurant scene. Oh My!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

You guys are on a roll.

All the congrats to sixty made me think of something.

I pondered on something interesting. I do that every couple decades...

We have folks on this thread who have been married for many many years. My wife and I met in elementary school. For all you youngsters that was when elementary school was usually the two rooms at the lower level of the School. We had a total of 17 in our High School graduation . Small school.

6 teachers taught everything from 8th thru 12th. Try getting that done today ! Anyway,my missus and i met in 6th grade...were the normal

boy/girl pairing in our group...went "steady" in high school,and married before i left for that first vacation in the Orient. think about all of us here

in the grille ,and the percentage of us who are married for a long time has to be pretty high. I mean,this thread doesn't even get alert about

anniversaries until # 20 or so ! We have a lot of long time relationships,and we have one of the calmest,non overheated, to each their own threads

on this site. Does seem a bit high percentage that the two are so obvious here. After all of the non directional musings,here is the

question: Are we more accepting due to being married to the same lady all those years,or is it because we are mostly older and have seen

enough of life's goofiness that nothing gets us too excited anymore...... or is it a merging of the two?.. or have we seen enough of the

goofiness of life,BECAUSE we have been married all those years.?. Ok...thats enough erratic offbeat from this old man. Time for

a cup,and walk in the gently falling rain..love the sound of the rain in the trees .

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Here's one for the rest of you that came to my mind when I was on my morning walk about an hour ago.

I mentioned that last night was curling night for my DW. She plays in an early evening mixed league on Friday's which tends to be populated with seniors. There's an early league every night from Monday to Friday; one ladies, one men's and three mixed.

There's quite a few single women at our club. Many of them play in the early mixed leagues as it's a benign environment where they don't have to worry about being hit on as most of the men that play mixed are there with their wives/partners. That said, our club used to have a bit of a reputation for affairs and things where you were never sure who was sleeping with who, but that seems to have faded into the past.

I'm sitting at the dinner table last night and my wife begins to tell me about her opposite number and how she reacted to one of her shots. Now this woman is a retired school teacher and single although she has been dating a guy at the club for about a year or so. In reaction to a particularly good shot she pulled off she says to the other women on the ice: Ahhh...that's just like an orgasm! One of the other women responds: That all! Our teacher replies: Oh I'm not fussy; I'm happy with one orgasm a night!

This is being related to me and my wife says oh look, Scomac's turning beat red! All I'm doing is thinking that "Christine" must be quite happy with "Jim" if she's getting one orgasm a night! Who said that tax collectors are dull and boring people...

It never ceases to amaze me what some folks are more than happy to share...and share...and share...

Perhaps bill is onto something regarding the length of the typical Grillster marriage and maybe that's why our fun loving retired school teacher is currently single... :dntknw:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

You guys are on a roll.

All the congrats to sixty made me think of something.

I pondered on something interesting. I do that every couple decades...

We have folks on this thread who have been married for many many years. My wife and I met in elementary school. For all you youngsters that was when elementary school was usually the two rooms at the lower level of the School. We had a total of 17 in our High School graduation . Small school.

6 teachers taught everything from 8th thru 12th. Try getting that done today ! Anyway,my missus and i met in 6th grade...were the normal

boy/girl pairing in our group...went "steady" in high school,and married before i left for that first vacation in the Orient. think about all of us here

in the grille ,and the percentage of us who are married for a long time has to be pretty high. I mean,this thread doesn't even get alert about

anniversaries until # 20 or so ! We have a lot of long time relationships,and we have one of the calmest,non overheated, to each their own threads

on this site. Does seem a bit high percentage that the two are so obvious here. After all of the non directional musings,here is the

question: Are we more accepting due to being married to the same lady all those years,or is it because we are mostly older and have seen

enough of life's goofiness that nothing gets us too excited anymore...... or is it a merging of the two?.. or have we seen enough of the

goofiness of life,BECAUSE we have been married all those years.?. Ok...thats enough erratic offbeat from this old man. Time for

a cup,and walk in the gently falling rain..love the sound of the rain in the trees .

Can't resist replying in agreement to this. Will merely add we seem to mutually see the internet as a "drive by shooting" kind of thing. Trolls out there stirring things up just because they can. We don't seem to find joy in condescending mind games here. We share. We chat with rather than at each other. Our venting is tempered with upside possibilities. And yes, our longevity and brides have a lot to do with who we are and we're smart enough to know that. Couldn't agree more.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)