2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos Γ—

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I walked into our wardrobe this morning, it’s rather large and DW has plenty of clothes hanging up, also on shelves we have stored the winter bedding which is quite heavy. The shelves were hanging down the wood supporting them is the type that is glued together in short lengths rather than a solid piece, next two days will be interesting fixing it as I will have to jack it all back into place and the broken wood will not move easily. To cut costs builders use sub standard wood, the difference in cost to put in the good stuff would be negligible in the overall cost of building a house.

You know things are funny these days-- Cheap materials and shoddy workmanship. A friend of mine at church was a real wood craftsman Built everything from cabinets to real wood furniture. A real meticulous craftsman. He ended up closing his shop here. Seems folks did not want to pay for great materials and craftsmanship. He did well for years but then it went downhill. He closed his shop here and moved up to Charlotte. What a shame he built some beautiful stuff the kind you pass on from generation to generation

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Not good news for me this morning, I usually watch my diet and make sure I eat correctly. Over the past months I have been putting a different fruit mix with my morning cereal and today I realised it was a mistake, that and my love of cheese.

Β 

A twinge in the knee last night, steadily worse as the evening progressed, had a very bad night with the pain and realised this morning gout had once again reared it’s ugly head. Only had it in the knee once before, usually in the big toe which is much more painful. So for the next few days I will be taking it easy, no wine, no cheese and many other favourites off the menu. Yesterday we cooked cheesy potatoe which is mashed potato with a very large amount of cheese and butter mashed in, covered in cheese and browned under the grille, that unfortunately is now off limits.

I had the gout problem some--- Now I have been on a fluid pill for 3 years now due to my BP issues and have not had it any--- Of course I have changed my diet quite a bit and drink lots of water--- Like you said it starts in the big toe and it hurts like hell. If you are not on meds for water retention make sure you drink a lot of water and flush your system out. All gout is about is fibrous deposits crystalizing in the extremities sorta like a kidney stone in your big toe. Trust me I got the lecture and did a lot of research on it

I walked into our wardrobe this morning, it’s rather large and DW has plenty of clothes hanging up, also on shelves we have stored the winter bedding which is quite heavy. The shelves were hanging down the wood supporting them is the type that is glued together in short lengths rather than a solid piece, next two days will be interesting fixing it as I will have to jack it all back into place and the broken wood will not move easily. To cut costs builders use sub standard wood, the difference in cost to put in the good stuff would be negligible in the overall cost of building a house.

You know things are funny these days-- Cheap materials and shoddy workmanship. A friend of mine at church was a real wood craftsman Built everything from cabinets to real wood furniture. A real meticulous craftsman. He ended up closing his shop here. Seems folks did not want to pay for great materials and craftsmanship. He did well for years but then it went downhill. He closed his shop here and moved up to Charlotte. What a shame he built some beautiful stuff the kind you pass on from generation to generation

Β 

Right back to when we first married we have been renovating, even when we purchased a Newhouse there were things to build. The one item I never bought cheap was wood, always had the best. Our first house in a small Cornish village was next to a used wood yard and he had some of the finest wood I have ever worked with, we did a complete floor to roof renovation to that place and all with second hand wood, only required a plane and sandpaper to tidy it up.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Not good news for me this morning, I usually watch my diet and make sure I eat correctly. Over the past months I have been putting a different fruit mix with my morning cereal and today I realised it was a mistake, that and my love of cheese.

Β 

A twinge in the knee last night, steadily worse as the evening progressed, had a very bad night with the pain and realised this morning gout had once again reared it’s ugly head. Only had it in the knee once before, usually in the big toe which is much more painful. So for the next few days I will be taking it easy, no wine, no cheese and many other favourites off the menu. Yesterday we cooked cheesy potatoe which is mashed potato with a very large amount of cheese and butter mashed in, covered in cheese and browned under the grille, that unfortunately is now off limits.

I had the gout problem some--- Now I have been on a fluid pill for 3 years now due to my BP issues and have not had it any--- Of course I have changed my diet quite a bit and drink lots of water--- Like you said it starts in the big toe and it hurts like hell. If you are not on meds for water retention make sure you drink a lot of water and flush your system out. All gout is about is fibrous deposits crystalizing in the extremities sorta like a kidney stone in your big toe. Trust me I got the lecture and did a lot of research on it

Β 

My first gout was 42 years ago and like yourself I have educated myself on the causes, diets and anything I considered a risk factor. Don’t really know how this one started but it’s in my knee and it’s only the second time in all those years it has not been in the toe. The knee does not hurt quite as much but it does collapse on me if I try to walk faster than dead slow. The only things I can put it down to are peaches and grapes with my breakfast.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Taking a moment to wish all my fellow Grillsters a very Merry Christmas. The best of Holiday wishes to you and yours. And a most happy (and golf filled) New Year. Thank you for making this small corner of the world a continuing pleasurable place to sit and converse.

Β 

Remembering back to the excitement of Christmas as a youngster. All of us as kids likely received at least one toy train set. And how cool it was assembling for the first time and watching it go around that very short track. While watching train videos with the young lad this morning (as we shared out usual bowl of cereal), bumped into this video. An amazing piece of craftsmanship. A toy train for big kids. Wunderbar!

Β 

[media=]

[/media]

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Wunderbar indeed! I didn't have a toy train when I was young. That joy belonged to my two cousins who had an electric train set-up in the drawer underneath the bottom bunk of their bunk beds. If they were home, they would let me play with it when I visited.

Β 

My parents consolation to me wanting a train set of my own was to get me a slot car set by Eldon, I believe. My Dad set it up on a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the basement. I got a lot of enjoyment out of that, but being the fiddler that i was I had to dismantle to arrangement that my Father had put together. You can only get so much satisfaction racing against yourself on a figure eight. Eventually i tired of the slot cars and the plywood got repurposed into some other practical use. That was pretty much the end of playing with that. I can remember trying to get it going in my teen years but time and the basement elements had corroded the electrics and I could get it to work. I'm not sure what became of it after that...

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5Β°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56Β° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60Β° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line VersaΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

Cobi and Radro hit another great milestone just in time to enjoy Christmas in retirement bliss. So cool.

Β 

Been a fun year on so many fronts in the Grille. Scomacer continues to explore what could be in the face of what is. Bill is getting a Florida itch. Fella knows equipment and so much more. What would the Grille be without a "Stu-story" along the way?

Β 

MC revisits! Sixty practicing his retirement with a smile. Albeit bad timing to develop gout there's Mr and Mrs. Tol who never sit still long enough to cast a shadow. Wriggs plays golf when the rest of us wish we had played. Doc Scotee and his incredible pics. The "Q-man" appearances pondering the universe. Hank, Joe, PD, and so many more who at least check-in along the way.

Β 

Will try posting some Holiday tunes and vids over the next day or so. For the moment - please know you've carved out a part of your year and life - to the betterment of others. Well played! Merry Christmas and/or whatever else you enjoy calling this season. Be proud of having shared the best of the best fellowship in golf and life.

Fella, remember the first time you picked up the Train ?...the sheer weight of it giving it a solid,well made aura.Mine was a Lionel.

Friend of mine had one made in Germany,I believe. His was probably 1/2 again as big as mine.Those things are valuable today. The collectors circle is huge ! I remember we had a whole railroad set up in his house's basement. We were there a lot in the winter

when the wind was howling ! I still remember those things as being sturdy,well put together products. Have no clue what todays

offerings are like. Haven't even seen a newer one in decades.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Fella, remember the first time you picked up the Train ?...the sheer weight of it giving it a solid,well made aura.Mine was a Lionel.

Friend of mine had one made in Germany,I believe. His was probably 1/2 again as big as mine.Those things are valuable today. The collectors circle is huge ! I remember we had a whole railroad set up in his house's basement. We were there a lot in the winter

when the wind was howling ! I still remember those things as being sturdy,well put together products. Have no clue what todays

offerings are like. Haven't even seen a newer one in decades.

Β 

It’s difficult to purchase many of the toys we took for granted, our son had his first train set at about 8 and we then built a complicated system on a 4x8 board complete with tunnels turntable and station, kept him busy for years and he eventually sold i5 on EBay to a young lad who was setting up his trains in a dedicated room, we were pleased it went to someone who appreciated the time and effort we put into it.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Cars. Found a couple of old pics. This is the β€˜ 71 Dodge Demon 318 V8 my grandfather sold to us when we got married. I paid him in about a year. No that is not snow. That was May 18, 1980. Somewhere I have a jar of ash that I swept off of the car from Mt. St. Helens. It got dark as midnight for about 1/2 hour when the ash fell. We were on the South end of the ash fall and got just 1/4 inch. Up closer to Spokane they had 6 or 8 inches!

Β 

Β 

Yes this IS snow! 1970 Ford Bronco. Wish I still had it. Not very good on the highway but so much fun off road. 302 4Brl. headers, suspension air bags, Hurst shifter, roll bar and big tires. When we bought and restored the old farm house there was an old 3 gang disc farm implement left out on the hill. I did not have a tractor but put it on the bronco hitch and tilled up my front yard and orchard for grass planting. Locked the hubs and put it in low range granny gear and it worked really well. My Red Neck tractor. I would have made Stuy proud :)

Β 

Β 

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Girls. I loved them! Stared in 1st grade. Funny I can still remember all their names. A long list of innocent infatuations. I fell often and hard. Most broke my heart. I won’t tell any of my more interesting stories :) I hit the jackpot with Mrs. scotee. She was a very cute little Nurse at the University hospital when I was a junior in dental school. I was still living at home and she had her own place. At the start I would go to her house and listen to her talk on the phone to several guys who were pursuing her. One by one they quit calling and I was the last man standing. A year later we married. 43 years in March.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Adding my Merry Christmas wishes to you all. We fly to Phoenix early in the morning for a week's visit with my parents and Mrs. scotee's dad. My brother is coming the day after Christmas and we will play two rounds of golf. I was hoping for shorts weather but it looks like it will be cool.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Cars. Found a couple of old pics. This is the β€˜ 71 Dodge Demon 318 V8 my grandfather sold to us when we got married. I paid him in about a year. No that is not snow. That was May 18, 1980. Somewhere I have a jar of ash that I swept off of the car from Mt. St. Helens. It got dark as midnight for about 1/2 hour when the ash fell. We were on the South end of the ash fall and got just 1/4 inch. Up closer to Spokane they had 6 or 8 inches!

Β 

Β 

Yes this IS snow! 1970 Ford Bronco. Wish I still had it. Not very good on the highway but so much fun off road. 302 4Brl. headers, suspension air bags, Hurst shifter, roll bar and big tires. When we bought and restored the old farm house there was an old 3 gang disc farm implement left out on the hill. I did not have a tractor but put it on the bronco hitch and tilled up my front yard and orchard for grass planting. Locked the hubs and put it in low range granny gear and it worked really well. My Red Neck tractor. I would have made Stuy proud :)

Β 

Β 

Absolutely made me proud--- Exactly how I would have done it----- See we all have some inner redneck engineering in us

Girls. I loved them! Stared in 1st grade. Funny I can still remember all their names. A long list of innocent infatuations. I fell often and hard. Most broke my heart. I won’t tell any of my more interesting stories :) I hit the jackpot with Mrs. scotee. She was a very cute little Nurse at the University hospital when I was a junior in dental school. I was still living at home and she had her own place. At the start I would go to her house and listen to her talk on the phone to several guys who were pursuing her. One by one they quit calling and I was the last man standing. A year later we married. 43 years in March.

Sounds like me too scotee, I was madly in love in the 4th grade with some girl (can't remember her last name) first name Claire. Long brown hair and doe eyes. Just dreamy is all I remember. Then Debbie Scott in the 6th grade, woohoo, my first blond, I would just stare at her, apparently she was supposed to take it that I was madly in love with her, because one day we had to go to the library, and she picked out a book about the weather and gave it to me and said "I want you to be a weatherman". (I've seen Mammatus clouds only once, but I know what they are) If nothing else, to this day I know a lot about the weather, ha. But later that same year, I learned enough about the weather and fell deeply in love with Joy Bennet, these are all just silly little kid crushes of course, but Joy lived in my neighborhood. She invited me to her house. She was so cool she could throw a baseball. The second time I went to her house we sat in an old car in her back yard, I think we were 12 maybe. She said, "I think it's time for you to meet my parents". That's so funny looking back on it. School was done for the year, it was summer, and now I'm meeting Joy's parents, she was probably planning a fall wedding, all because we threw a baseball back and forth. That one kind of fizzled out too. My friends had told me she was a tomboy. I didn't know what that meant, I knew she was cute. I met her parents, her dad shook my hand, very wimpily, her mom shook my hand with a heavy grip. Odd I thought. Needless to say, we didn't get married at 13 and I pretty much went my way. Not too long after that we moved to NY. Funny looking back on kid crushes.

Merry Christmas to all you Grillers---- I figured I better say it now before some of you take off for Holiday activities----- Not us we are sticking here and that is the way we like it.

Love hearing y'all reminisce about your grade school crushes. I had plenty too from Shelly Hill to Ruthanne Young to Laurie Harrison to Kim Springsted and on... Like my namesake scotee, I would fall often and hard. I'm still vulnerable and I think women know it...

Β 

I'd also like to wish each and everyone one of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We are home for the holidays as well and will be having #1 son and DIL over along with her mother and sister.

Β 

I urge you to count your blessings this time of year even if they don't seem so much like a blessing. I just found out last night that my cousin's grandson is in serious trouble again with drugs and violence. It's placing a very heavy burden on her extended family. It's times like these that put our own problems in perspective.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

At the Grille this morning pick up your Christmas present from Gus and the ladies. It includes several flavors of jerky Gus made, original, sweet & spicy, teriyaki, habanero, garlic peppered, & BBQ, he also made personal mince meat pies for everyone, with real venison. The ladies made sugar cookies with all kinds of frostings and designs, mostly Christmas golfers, plus Cyndy made some kind of spyce packet she says works well yn egg nog (ugh) or yn cyder, you can take yt home of have yt here, yn nog and rum and syt besyder' ... Tammy and Cyndy are handing out the presents as Grillers leave and they are giving out hugs, so traffic exiting the Grille is not known for expediency today, some making a U-turn. A good time is being had by all...

You paint a vivid picture, Sixty! :wave:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Β 

LOL That sounds like the old adage:......You chased her until she caught you ! They are good at that !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Β 

LOL That sounds like the old adage:......You chased her until she caught you ! They are good at that !

Β 

Oh, that is oh, so true!!

Β 

I swear that women belong to some secret society where they are all taught from a very early age how to get what they want and manipulate men into doing their bidding in such a way that they (men) enjoy doing it!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

I swear that women belong to some secret society where they are all taught from a very early age how to get what they want and manipulate men into doing their bidding in such a way that they (men) enjoy doing it!

It's in their jeans genes, either that or it's in our Kodachromes chromosomes...

It's in their jeans genes, either that or it's in our Kodachromes chromosomes...

Β 

I think a whole lot of it is where you spelled it the first time ! And, I agree either they are taught at a very young age,or they know

instinctively how to manipulate us dumbo's walking around clueless !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Β 

Cue the tunes:

Β 

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Β 

Cue the tunes:

Β 

[media=]

[/media]

Right, either that one, or the genes don't fit, Billy Jean is not my Lover...

Christmas Day come and gone, late afternoon recovering from too much food, no drink unfortunately because it does not go with gout.

Β 

Recieved a smart phone and a smart watch, all I need now is the smart me to operate them :)

Β 

Rest of the week will be snacking on today’s left overs, watch a movie on TV tomorrow, rest of the week is open to discussion but I am sure not much will be done.

Β 

Enjoy the day Grillers.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

God rest yeah merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay.

Β 

May all the best go out to you and yours on this special day.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)