Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Dapper as it gets Wrigs. Not everyone could pull off the style, you do with aplomb. Two thumbs up!!!

Got that right Fella. Dapper and distinguished ---- Like I said the first time he posted a pic of himself he looks like a retired English Professor. Kinda reminds me of those guys on the old series "Paper Chase". Note on the seersucker suit Wriggs--- There used to be an old redneck joke that went sorta like this:

A guy had on a new searsucker suit and his buddy asked what it was?

He told him a seersucker suit.

His buddy asked what is a seersucker suit?

He answered Sears sold it and I am the sucker who bought it :swoon: :taunt:

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Before I went on my diet in Oct 2016, I ordered pants and such, which were too tight as I related before. Along with the miscellaneous pants, I ordered a blue stripe seersucker suit, cut rate price of $74 from JA Bank. Was a bit tight, now is very big and loose.

Anyhow, some months later, I was browsing on the J. Peterman site. They send out catalogs, just like in Seinfeld. Looking at ladies dresses, I spied online a clearance item, at something like $30. A print dark type of dress, I told the missus I would order her one, to go somewhere nice, along with my new suit. She told me she was a size 12. Ordered the 12, she tries it on, and she can't zip it up. Says her bust line is too big. (HA! HA! HA!)

A beautiful dress, to sit in the closet next to my unworn seersucker suit.

Kentucky Derby anyone?

Looking good Wrigs, now you're starting to remind me of Ray Walston from the movie 'The Sting'...

And... 'My Favorite Martian' tv show too...

Thanks gents, for the kind words.

Really loved the seersucker joke. I'm still laughing.

I doubt I'll ever go anywhere I could wear the Kentucky Derby Halloween getup, maybe a summer wedding. However, with a regular necktie, dark pants, and no hat, I'd fit in for church or anywhere else. Both the pants and the jacket can be worn independently. Buying a seersucker suit was on my bucket list for thirty years.

Funny, I always liked Ray Walston. the Martian. That show was pretty good, with young Bill Bixby. If I recall, he drove a Plymouth Fury. MY 85 year old buddy gave me a houndstooth jacket very similar to Ray's photo. Very sparingly worn, probably dates from the early 1960s. Fits perfectly, I've worn it a couple times.

Take care guys!

Before I went on my diet in Oct 2016, I ordered pants and such, which were too tight as I related before. Along with the miscellaneous pants, I ordered a blue stripe seersucker suit, cut rate price of $74 from JA Bank. Was a bit tight, now is very big and loose.

Anyhow, some months later, I was browsing on the J. Peterman site. They send out catalogs, just like in Seinfeld. Looking at ladies dresses, I spied online a clearance item, at something like $30. A print dark type of dress, I told the missus I would order her one, to go somewhere nice, along with my new suit. She told me she was a size 12. Ordered the 12, she tries it on, and she can't zip it up. Says her bust line is too big. (HA! HA! HA!)

A beautiful dress, to sit in the closet next to my unworn seersucker suit.

Kentucky Derby anyone?

Looking good Wrigs, now you're starting to remind me of Ray Walston from the movie 'The Sting'...

And... 'My Favorite Martian' tv show too...

I bet MFM never figured he was hanging with, and might have to deal with, the Hulk.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Missed a few today, go back over them later, tiger grass roots finally gone, a job I never want again.

Very dapper Wriggs the poster boy ( gentleman) for the grille.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

King of imbalance and wobbliness here, along with tired sore feet and legs, a little more each year. Outside of golf I search like a lighthouse beam for light comfortable shoes. Currently the most comfortable setup I have is my new Brooks Ghost 11's with my green Superfeet inserts, then my light braces slide under the superfeets. They're the only shoes/with inserts I can go outside and sort of walk without braces if I'm careful, cause they're nice and light, and comfy. They stretch with your feet, 'feelin all the bumpers, become part of the machine' etc etc.

For golf shoes, I use the Echo spikeless, oh my goodnesss, when they wear out, I'll have to get some new ones just like them, but they will be 4 years old this year and still look terrific and new.

Ghosts https://www.amazon.com/Brooks-Mens-Ghost-Ebony-Silver/dp/B078BR92XB/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1545929816&sr=8-4&keywords=brooks+ghost+11

Echo can't find my exact ones but this is pretty much them, they are worth the money...

https://us.ecco.com/...BCAAEgLawfD_BwE

PSA Sixty. If you're a EU 46 (US 12 -12.5), Sheriff Booth (a marshal) has a pair of Ecco's FS just like the one's you linked. Believe the Biom 3's are the latest model in their evolution. Pretty good price. It's an older BST, but the listing hasn't been closed so assume still available.

http://www.golfwrx.c...2#entry18180032

Have the first gen Ecco Hybrids. Super comfortable. Uppers still in good shape (Yak leather!). The only negative was the "nubs" wore out after two seasons. Despite being very careful with how and where I walked in them off the course. Notice that the newer versions have a different design, so perhaps that's been improved.

Like those Brooks as well. May have to check them out. Looking for a knit style athletic shoe for next summer, and they are apparently available in 12.5.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Like those Brooks as well. May have to check them out. Looking for a knit style athletic shoe for next summer, and they are apparently available in 12.5.

I like the fact that they are so light as well, only 10.9 oz. per shoe. That really makes a difference for me. The knit style is great because it fits right against your foot like a glove and moves with it, but doesn't restrict anything. Kind of acts like another layer of skin. But at the same time you don't feel it.

Talked to my neighbor down the street. He has a 91 Cadillac Brougham he bought a few months ago, has had it for sale since. The car is beautiful; I don't want it, just mentioned it for the sake of conversation. It has over 100k miles, and he's asking $5K, but the point is that he's replaced some of the brake hydraulic lines that have rotted out, and the transmission is slipping.

Years ago, the missus had a 79 Eldorado. Its lines were rotted, too. I recall her father having the car on blocks, repairing them.

I'm starting to think that old cars are for the young. I've always said that if you can't do your own work, you shouldn't have an old car.

I've wanted a Jaguar since I can remember. I see on Craigslist beautiful roadsters from the 1990's and 2000's for $5K or so. The first repair bill will exceed the purchase price. I'll pass.

An early Happy New Year to All.

Just thinking about the foot problem I've been having. I think a lot of the problem has to do with golf shoes today are not meant for walking. My problem seemed to start with the two pairs of Nike shoes I bought last year. The ones that Dunhams refused to honor any warranty. Very light, not much padding or support, both pairs caused the left little toe to blister, until the shoes broke in.

This last six months, I've been wearing an Etonic pair, also very light, and no support, although comfortable. However, I removed the two spikes along the metatarsals, or balls of the feet. Hurt like h*** with those spikes in place.

I may have to buy a better shoe. I hate to slog around the cow pasture with $200 shoes, though. I try to keep the price, between $50-$100. Every pair of golf shoes I buy is beat up within a couple weeks or months. A shame to ruin expensive shoes.

PS: I've been whistling the "My Favorite Martian" theme since yesterday, when Sixty mentioned Ray Walston.

I must be losing my mind.

Just thinking about the foot problem I've been having. I think a lot of the problem has to do with golf shoes today are not meant for walking. My problem seemed to start with the two pairs of Nike shoes I bought last year. The ones that Dunhams refused to honor any warranty. Very light, not much padding or support, both pairs caused the left little toe to blister, until the shoes broke in.

This last six months, I've been wearing an Etonic pair, also very light, and no support, although comfortable. However, I removed the two spikes along the metatarsals, or balls of the feet. Hurt like h*** with those spikes in place.

I may have to buy a better shoe. I hate to slog around the cow pasture with $200 shoes, though. I try to keep the price, between $50-$100. Every pair of golf shoes I buy is beat up within a couple weeks or months. A shame to ruin expensive shoes.

PS: I've been whistling the "My Favorite Martian" theme since yesterday, when Sixty mentioned Ray Walston.

I must be losing my mind.

The Ecco golf shoes are so nice you can wear them anywhere.

Maybe you should be whistling 'Somebody's Baby' with Ray Walston as Mr. Hand from 'Fast Times'...

To be honest I don't think that i'll be buying anymore golf shoes. I've generally stuck with Foot Joys because they fit well, are ready to wear right out of the box and have good waterproofing. That said, I bought a pair of Columbia ultra light trail hikers and found them to be superior to golf shoes in just about every way. They are equally waterproof, have more than enough grip for me as well as being a wear anywhere sort of shoe. They were even cheaper than golf shoes, at least good ones. They'll even take an orthotic without special trimming because the toe box is a more conventional athletic shoe shape.

---------------------

Yesterday afternoon I went through my drawers and closet putting together a bag of used clothes for the diabetes society. Golf shirts and shorts were in the mix after I made the second pass with the first pass being items that haven't been worn in the past two years. I suppose I could keep some of the stuff for puttering about the house, but the simple fact is the golfing attire kind of screams golf. I don't wear it anywhere else other than on the golf course. Being that it's not clear just how much golfing I'll be doing going forward, I decided that anything new needs to be more versatile. Performance fabrics are fine, just don't look like you just came off the course! Besides, since I've lost all the weight a bunch of these Nike shirts just hang off me. I guess that's why I got them in the first place; ample room for the middle age spread... :rolleyes:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Qualifier on the following comments: "My personal experience". By all indications Wrigs, your golf excursions entails walking exclusively. I'm also assuming you're still wearing spiked shoes. Perhaps it's time to invest in a "good" pair of spikeless. I went that direction and will never go back to spiked shoes. Rarely to never been satisfied with any shoes when I've tried to go cheap. They simply don't fit right, have compromises made in the construct in order to keep them cheap. There is a sweet spot in golf shoes around the $150 mark. Better materials, fit, etc. I prefer a more athletic shoe style, as opposed to a traditional 'dress shoe' look that I never found to be particularly comfortable. $100 spent on shoes that hurt your feet are no value.

I tired the FJ Pro SL at the LGS earlier in the year. Amongst several. By far the best of the lot when it came to fit. Liked them quite a bit, plus they come in a variety of widths. Didn't purchase due to being out of the color way I was looking for and would have paid full retail. I see that TGW has them on sale for a good price right now.

https://www.tgw.com/...o-sl-golf-shoes

Ended up going with TRUE Linkswear Outsiders. An online only shoe company that focuses on manufacturing golf shoes for those who walk. The Outsider because of the styling and waterproof warranty. They are a bit unconventional in the fit, using a sock type liner in a full leather outer shell. Very happy with how they fill. Only time will tell how they hold up and whether they remain waterproof (there are no absolutes, sometime one has to make a certain leap of faith). But the materials and construct seem to be high quality. Contemplating a pair of the ultra breathable knits for next summer's hot rounds. By all reporting that I've read, they're extremely comfortable. They offer a 30-day money back guarantee if one is not satisfied.

https://truelinkswear.com/shop/all-shoes/

And I've mentioned this before. In the spring and fall slop, I wear a pair of Merrill Gore-Tex hiking shoes. And trudge right through the inclemency.

Can categorically rule out about 75% of the golf shoes currently on the market. They look hideous, and are not designed for us more seasoned guys.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I tired the FJ Pro SL at the LGS earlier in the year. Amongst several. By far the best of the lot when it came to fit. Liked them quite a bit, plus they come in a variety of widths. Didn't purchase due to being out of the color way I was looking for and would have paid full retail. I see that TGW has them on sale for a good price right now.

Those are pretty much what I'm wearing for golf at present, just a previous model year (by about four). They were called Dry Joys Tour SL at the time. A 12 medium fits perfectly.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Slant 6 making a comeback? Wish I still had my '63 Plymouth Valiant. You could work on cars back in those days.

Music and Cars have some things in common. Today's cars seem to all look alike. Today's music seems to all sound the same.

Yesterday's cars all had their own character. You could tell them apart from year to year, model to model. You could open up the hood and know what you were looking at.

Yesterday's music had lyrics with it's own sound and story. You could tell songs apart. You knew who was singing it. They didn't just have one beat with a woohoo at the end of each sentence designed for hip-hop dancing, ha.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/is-fiat-chrysler-lining-up-a-return-of-the-slant-6

18 at 500 Club Phoenix with my Bro. and BIL It never got up to 60 and right after this pic I put on my rain pants to keep warmer.

Even cooler tomorrow but we will go again.

500 Club has Coyotes walking around begging. They get pretty close!

Cool. Literally and figuratively. Always enjoy playing with my brother. He lives in Albuquerque, so do not get the opportunity all that often. Although he's making plans to come to Michigan next summer. So lots of golf will ensue. The trash talk has already commenced during the Christmas Eve phone chat.

I noticed though no mention of who won the Bro vs. Bro vs. Bro-in-Law "Match"? NTTM. But quality time spent has its limits. And Bros being Bros........

We dressed for the cold 8 AM tee time on Fri. and walked the course with BIL's three push carts. No wind and a nice walk getting to see the wild life. Saw a Vermillion Fly Catcher and a Peregrine Falcon and the squirrels and coyotes. Lil bro bested me on Thurs. but I got him on Fri. Donated two Kirkland balls to the same pond, one each day. A fine time was had by all.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Not a Notre Dame hater. But they are currently proving why Georgia should have been in this playoff. No way Clemson holds UGA to 3 points. And I’m not s Georgia fan at all.

The next official person who claims they want the 4 best teams in the playoff should be tarred and feathered. Watch. Bama do the same to Oklahoma too.

The geographical politics must stop.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Not a Notre Dame hater. But they are currently proving why Georgia should have been in this playoff. No way Clemson holds UGA to 3 points. And I'm not s Georgia fan at all.

The next official person who claims they want the 4 best teams in the playoff should be tarred and feathered. Watch. Bama do the same to Oklahoma too.

The geographical politics must stop.

Agreed....Georgia,or even Ohio State would have been much better games.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Agree. Notre Dame should be forced to join a conference.....or no more playoff invites, period.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Yes. Goodness that was a terrible game. Boooring.

Just heard them say 7 of 9 played college semifinal playoff games decided by double digits ? Doesn’t this just show how the 4 best teams are never in?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Why do teams do this ? Why do they poke the bear for 4 weeks ? Bama shows up asleep some times. But if you poke them for 4 weeks they show up ready to kill. And show no mercy. Stupid move by Oklahoma. Getting curb stomped for it too.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Agree with that too. Not a knock on Kyler but they don't play defense in the Big 12.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Agree with that too. Not a knock on Kyler but they don't play defense in the Big 12.

Yep. He can’t even pass over the Bama D line. 5 ft 9 isn’t going to get it done

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

18 at 500 Club Phoenix with my Bro. and BIL It never got up to 60 and right after this pic I put on my rain pants to keep warmer.

Even cooler tomorrow but we will go again.

500 Club has Coyotes walking around begging. They get pretty close!

Cool. Literally and figuratively. Always enjoy playing with my brother. He lives in Albuquerque, so do not get the opportunity all that often. Although he's making plans to come to Michigan next summer. So lots of golf will ensue. The trash talk has already commenced during the Christmas Eve phone chat.

I noticed though no mention of who won the Bro vs. Bro vs. Bro-in-Law "Match"? NTTM. But quality time spent has its limits. And Bros being Bros........

We dressed for the cold 8 AM tee time on Fri. and walked the course with BIL's three push carts. No wind and a nice walk getting to see the wild life. Saw a Vermillion Fly Catcher and a Peregrine Falcon and the squirrels and coyotes. Lil bro bested me on Thurs. but I got him on Fri. Donated two Kirkland balls to the same pond, one each day. A fine time was had by all.

thats one good looking golf course scotee, hope you never fall into the greenery could be painful.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Qualifier on the following comments: "My personal experience". By all indications Wrigs, your golf excursions entails walking exclusively. I'm also assuming you're still wearing spiked shoes. Perhaps it's time to invest in a "good" pair of spikeless. I went that direction and will never go back to spiked shoes. Rarely to never been satisfied with any shoes when I've tried to go cheap. They simply don't fit right, have compromises made in the construct in order to keep them cheap. There is a sweet spot in golf shoes around the $150 mark. Better materials, fit, etc. I prefer a more athletic shoe style, as opposed to a traditional 'dress shoe' look that I never found to be particularly comfortable. $100 spent on shoes that hurt your feet are no value.

Ended up going with TRUE Linkswear Outsiders. An online only shoe company that focuses on manufacturing golf shoes for those who walk. The Outsider because of the styling and waterproof warranty. They are a bit unconventional in the fit, using a sock type liner in a full leather outer shell. Very happy with how they fill. Only time will tell how they hold up and whether they remain waterproof (there are no absolutes, sometime one has to make a certain leap of faith). But the materials and construct seem to be high quality. Contemplating a pair of the ultra breathable knits for next summer's hot rounds. By all reporting that I've read, they're extremely comfortable. They offer a 30-day money back guarantee if one is not satisfied.

https://truelinkswea...shop/all-shoes/

And I've mentioned this before. In the spring and fall slop, I wear a pair of Merrill Gore-Tex hiking shoes. And trudge right through the inclemency.

Can categorically rule out about 75% of the golf shoes currently on the market. They look hideous, and are not designed for us more seasoned guys.

Got a pair of Callaway Balboa spikeless shoes earlier in the year. Very comfortable, not waterproof. I "treated" them with Johnson's paste wax, wore them before the weather got really wet, and found them extremely comfortable and my feet stayed dry.

You're right, I'll have to go with more expensive shoes. $150 shoes now, were the $75 shoes bought a few years back. I recall at least 10 years ago, I used to buy eComfort shoes directly ordered from the club, for $60 or so. They still had the screw in spikes. I always used to buy a new pair a year, rotate the new with 2 older pairs, and discard the oldest. Never had any problems.

The shoes I've bought in recent years are junk. Synthetic plastic, no support.

Better quality is the only way to go.

Looking foreword to the new year, DW seems to be settled after the ablation, new septic system about 2 weeks off and then the coast will be clear to restart golf. Been a while since I held a club so I will start some chipping practice in the back paddock and put the driving net up for a good practice session. If I wear my Zep swing analyser I should have a good indication of how much or how little my swing has deteriorated. Almost finished the clean up of the tiger grass, took the roots to the transfer station today, only the mulched stems to spread around as these are in my golf net spot, not very good planning but it was the easiest solution. Nice glass of christmas port as I sit here in bed.

Good night Grillers, enjoy your day.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

https://truelinkswea...shop/all-shoes/

Got a pair of Callaway Balboa spikeless shoes earlier in the year. Very comfortable, not waterproof. I "treated" them with Johnson's paste wax, wore them before the weather got really wet, and found them extremely comfortable and my feet stayed dry.

You're right, I'll have to go with more expensive shoes. $150 shoes now, were the $75 shoes bought a few years back. I recall at least 10 years ago, I used to buy eComfort shoes directly ordered from the club, for $60 or so. They still had the screw in spikes. I always used to buy a new pair a year, rotate the new with 2 older pairs, and discard the oldest. Never had any problems.

The shoes I've bought in recent years are junk. Synthetic plastic, no support.

Better quality is the only way to go.

Never mind golf shoes for a while, do you remember when shoes were all leather and the heels and soles could be replaced. My father had all the tools to do the job, he purchased the leather from a local shoe repair shop and re heeled and soled all of our shoes, finished off by sealing the edge of the leather with the appropriate colour wax. Neve urchased shoes because they wore out only when they were too small and then they were passed down to the next one.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Talk about dying arts; DW's nephew married an Italian girl. Her father is a cobbler and has worked out of the same shop for almost 50 years. I knew him and used his services long before I met his daughter. Nicest guy that you'd ever want to meet. There isn't anything leather or any other material for that matter that he can't repair.

I have no recollection of getting shoes resoled, but I can recall my father getting his wing tips reheeled. In fact, the Italian dress shoes I own can be reheeled, but when they only get worn on special occasions I can't imagine ever needing to get that done.

----------------------

I'm not sure what to make of the desert golf course. I've seen them in Arizona when we were there a number or years ago. They sort of stick out like a sore thumb. Conjures up thought of the old Sesame Street tune --

One of these things is not like the other things,

One of these things just isn't the same,

Mind you, it strikes me a bit odd seeing vinyards growing in the desert too with full canopy irrigation. Not the most efficient, but that was the technology of the times...

The most treasured time I find in the desert is sitting on a small patch of irrigated grass with the sprinklers going in early morning while having coffee. It's like a brief respite from the arid surroundings. I remember those moments in Arizona at the hotel we were staying at in Sedona just as surely as sitting on the front porch in Penticton as the sprinklers did the duty along the street buffers. It can be odd what sticks in one's mind...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I recall as a boy every town had a shoemaker or cobbler. The old guy in the town I grew up passed his shop to a young guy, and he ran the shop into the late 1980's. My friend took a pair of penny loafers to be resoled and heeled. The shoe man did an am amazing job; the shoes looked like new. $6.75 seems to be the amount I recall him charging.

The few shoemaker shops I recall being in very extremely dirty and in a disarray. The tailor shop I used to take clothes to be sized seemed to be equally unkempt. I haven't taken anything to a tailor shop in 25 years. Looking good is an occupation in and of itself. Very few people were like my Dad, anything he wore looked good on him. I was slightly taller than Dad, and I'd always give him my cast off, mostly OCBDs and khakis. He just looked great, all the time.

As I've grown old, I've been complimented by my dress. I think that has more to do with the casual society that has taken over. I don't dress any different than 40 years ago, only don't worry about fit and style. Old guys can pull off wearing bow ties and such, where the young pups will look awkward and embarrassed.

I showed a neighbor a picture of Dad, when he was in his 60's. The neighbor commented, "That guy was cool, and he knew it."

PS: Tol, I almost forgot. I digress once I get started. I still have a shoe repair stand in my garage. It's like made of iron, with shoe shaped things (lasts?) which sit on the stand, to repair shoes. No one in my clan was a shoemaker, so I guess it was common practice to sole shoes at home.

I do recall, when I was a boy, a sole kit used to be sold. I recall the rubber replacement soles, along with a metal grater type tool, and some kind of glue. It didn't work well; I remember the new rubber soles peeling off in no time.

Take care, gents.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)