Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

God rest yeah merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay.

May all the best go out to you and yours on this special day.

Well done Sco!

Merry Christmas to y'all from us'n in Sweet Home Alabama.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Well done Sco!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to y'all in Alabama, or anywhere all of y'all are in the south...

This morning we were reading about global warming, no idea where it is but it certainly is not at my place. This morning it is 57f, an absolutely idiotic temperature for a Queensland summer, DW had a heater on in the bathroom the first time in January since we have lived in Australia that is 1981. Almost light a fire temp, summer bedding in, that may need changing if it does not heat up.

Hope you all had a good day.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Well done Sco!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to y'all in Alabama, or anywhere all of y'all are in the south...

Back at ya! We're back home at our secret retreat after a round of "visiting" earlier today.

Starting Thursday we gonna get 8 straight days of rain. Yippee Ky Yay..............Well, I

wasn't planning on hitting the links.......until next year anyway.

SLED Gemini

So I remember a cassette tape that a friend recorded from his vinyl album sometime in the early 80’s It was piano music by a French Canadian. I nearly wore it out listening to it on a Walkman and on my home sound system back in the day. I no longer have it or anything to play it on if I did.

I was listening to Pandora a few weeks ago and one of his songs popped up and I recognized Andre' Gagnon. I went on a search and finally found my two favorite tracks from that mixed tape. I know Rad is a piano man and may like this. I am wondering if Scomac knows of this Canuk? It had been years since I had heard these but they still move me in some emotional way. These are some of his older recordings from the 70’s I think and so the quality is just ok. Not Christmas music but here you are with my find.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Good morning all. We have survived another season of Christmas festivities with many leftovers in tow it would seem. The clean-up was completed last night, but the follow up work begins today with stock to be cooked down and turkey pies to be fashioned over the next couple of days.

Got in a bit of Facetime with the kids on the left coast while our guests were still here so everyone could send their wishes. All in all a very good day/week that has left me and the missus running on empty. It will be quiet time for the next few days as DW starts a block of afternoons into the new year starting tomorrow.

---------------------

Yes scotee, I know who André Gagnon is although I never really followed his music. I enjoyed the selections you chose seemingly recalling hearing neige before.

I was just thinking about fussing about with our stereo system yesterday trying to get it to play as I think it only comes on once a year for Christmas day to play DW's Christmas favourites that she has on CD. Electronics has never been my bailiwick and this thing hasn't run properly in years, but at least we had one channel working for the duration yesterday. It's either in the receiver or the wiring. I suppose that would make for a project over the next few days to trying and get to the bottom of it and see if i can fix it. One wonders though if it also has fallen into the realm of disposable junk as it's 25 years old and I can buy a brand new receiver for under $200. I'm not sure why we even bother with it as it hasn't seen hardly any use since we got the home theatre system installed about 10 years ago... If it's anything more than cleaning, a fuse or some new speaker wire I think that it likely is for the recycle pile.

---------------------

So, I'm curious if the rest of you find the same level of satisfaction in simple pleasures that can bestowed upon our loved ones at this time of year. This came to mind yesterday when during a spare moment in our preparations I responded to a thread over on the equipment section asking about what sort of golf gifts we got for Christmas.

My response was half in jest as the other folks who had replied gleefully named off all of their newly acquired toys. My one word response was socks! I love getting socks. They never go out of style and you can always use a new pair. I especially like good socks with my favourite brand being Icebreaker. Tol will be familiar with this I suspect even if his climate renders socks unnecessary most of the time. Add in a little bit of dark chocolate along with a good bottle of red wine and an enthralling book and you've got the winning combination to satisfy even the most difficult person to buy for! I call it the Jamie Oliver (of TV cooking fame) as his good friend Genaro has given him the same gift for 25 years at Christmas time -- a good book and a nice bottle of Barolo! This lucky old dog got all of the above even in addition to the new pair of dress shoes that I had asked DW for, although not much of a surprise as we went out and bought them back in September when we went down to Buffalo to shop for an overnighter. They were dutifully wrapped and under the tree yesterday morning as was the latest Ina Garten cookbook that I had bought for DW on the same excursion.

Hope that y'all had as enjoyable a day as we did! :)

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Good morning all. We have survived another season of Christmas festivities with many leftovers in tow it would seem. The clean-up was completed last night, but the follow up work begins today with stock to be cooked down and turkey pies to be fashioned over the next couple of days.

Got in a bit of Facetime with the kids on the left coast while our guests were still here so everyone could send their wishes. All in all a very good day/week that has left me and the missus running on empty. It will be quiet time for the next few days as DW starts a block of afternoons into the new year starting tomorrow.

---------------------

Yes scotee, I know who André Gagnon is although I never really followed his music. I enjoyed the selections you chose seemingly recalling hearing neige before.

I was just thinking about fussing about with our stereo system yesterday trying to get it to play as I think it only comes on once a year for Christmas day to play DW's Christmas favourites that she has on CD. Electronics has never been my bailiwick and this thing hasn't run properly in years, but at least we had one channel working for the duration yesterday. It's either in the receiver or the wiring. I suppose that would make for a project over the next few days to trying and get to the bottom of it and see if i can fix it. One wonders though if it also has fallen into the realm of disposable junk as it's 25 years old and I can buy a brand new receiver for under $200. I'm not sure why we even bother with it as it hasn't seen hardly any use since we got the home theatre system installed about 10 years ago... If it's anything more than cleaning, a fuse or some new speaker wire I think that it likely is for the recycle pile.

---------------------

So, I'm curious if the rest of you find the same level of satisfaction in simple pleasures that can bestowed upon our loved ones at this time of year. This came to mind yesterday when during a spare moment in our preparations I responded to a thread over on the equipment section asking about what sort of golf gifts we got for Christmas.

My response was half in jest as the other folks who had replied gleefully named off all of their newly acquired toys. My one word response was socks! I love getting socks. They never go out of style and you can always use a new pair. I especially like good socks with my favourite brand being Icebreaker. Tol will be familiar with this I suspect even if his climate renders socks unnecessary most of the time. Add in a little bit of dark chocolate along with a good bottle of red wine and an enthralling book and you've got the winning combination to satisfy even the most difficult person to buy for! I call it the Jamie Oliver (of TV cooking fame) as his good friend Genaro has given him the same gift for 25 years at Christmas time -- a good book and a nice bottle of Barolo! This lucky old dog got all of the above even in addition to the new pair of dress shoes that I had asked DW for, although not much of a surprise as we went out and bought them back in September when we went down to Buffalo to shop for an overnighter. They were dutifully wrapped and under the tree yesterday morning as was the latest Ina Garten cookbook that I had bought for DW on the same excursion.

Hope that y'all had as enjoyable a day as we did! :)

Dark chocolate and a good port, had two bottles this year completely different. One will good after cheese the other as a nightcap when reading in bed. Yes the simple things are sometimes the best.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Pretty easy to do perform quick trouble shooing on your receiver/system problem. From my experience, intermittency is not a amplifier problem (i.e it either works, or is blown). If all your wiring is exposed, checked for damaged wires (da!), or any condition that may cause a short (frayed wiring touching two terminals). Flip flop your speakers to see if the non-functioning channel moves (if so, likely speaker related). If the wiring is hidden, wire up some fresh wires (el cheapo zip cord). See if the problem persists in the same channel. The idea is to rule out wiring and speakers. If the problem remains in the same channel, then internals are likely shot. Each channel may be fused, but I've never seen it before. And certainly not worth trying to fix a piece of equipment that old.

A "good" pair of socks are totally worth it. Been picking up some Thorlos of late. Pricier than many, but one gets what they pay for occasionally. A comfortable pair of socks that wear well are worth paying for. Not like they're breaking the bank. Will have to search out Icebreaker's. I don't like going sock-less, even in hot weather. A good pair of no-shoes always adorn my feet in golf or athletic shoes. Helping to absorb sweat, and seem to make my feet feel cooler. Shoes and socks are one of those things that I'm willing to pay extra for to receive quality and comfort.

Hope everyone had a splendid Christmas. We most certainly did. Real joy watching the little guy open his packages. And I would concur, the best of the holiday involves watching others open their gifts, see the smiles on their faces.

And nowhere in sight was a golf gift. Don't do golf gifts between the Mrs. and I. She doesn't know what to buy for me, I buy her what she needs/wants throughout the year. Asking for, or expecting something new, fancy and expensive as a gift seems sooooooo pointless. And sure as hell wouldn't be boasting about it on the internets. /semi-rant.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

On one of our "visits" yesterday I did receive a box of golf balls for a gift.......Wilson Staff Duo Soft.

It says on the box "29 compression". Will give them a whirl soon........well, after the 8 days of rain

followed by several days highs in the 40s. My weather specs will not be met in the next few weeks.

SLED Gemini

Fella; thanks for confirming what I had suspected -- a simple problem easily remedied or it's junk.

----------------------

WE have yet to have the pleasure of watching young ones once again open their gifts on Christmas morning. My niece posted a memory from 4 years ago on FB when her oldest came downstairs Christmas morning to see a ride-on John Deere tractor sitting under beside the tree. As you alluded to, the look on their faces is priceless! :heart:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hope everyone had a splendid Christmas. We most certainly did. Real joy watching the little guy open his packages. And I would concur, the best of the holiday involves watching others open their gifts, see the smiles on their faces.

And nowhere in sight was a golf gift. Don't do golf gifts between the Mrs. and I. She doesn't know what to buy for me, I buy her what she needs/wants throughout the year. Asking for, or expecting something new, fancy and expensive as a gift seems sooooooo pointless. And sure as hell wouldn't be boasting about it on the internets. /semi-rant.

^^^ This is us... thought maybe we were alone on this Fella, don't mean to be a scrooge or anything, just like to see the kids be happy. My DW usually needs things during the year for her races, and we wouldn't pick our stuff for each other anyway, just for the sake of spending money. We did get involved in helping some families we didn't know who didn't have anything but it wasn't through any organization, and I'll stop there for the sake of sounding like 'hey guess what we did'... Best part was seeing our kids and grandkids. We did get stuff for them, however the best most meaningful things for me was my 9 year old granddaughter had gotten me at her church Awana store a golf ball, and her mom, our daughter said she couldn't wait to give it to me. It was so cute, she asked me if I was going to use it. So I said 'here's the deal, I don't ever want to lose it, so I will use it on the practice green only', which made her smile, that was Martian talk to her, as long as I was gonna use it. Then her 17 year old sister who sews etc, gave me a box and in it she had three beautiful black golf towels, with the plastic clips attached to the eyelets, and she had embroidered each one, one with my first name, one with my last name, and one with my initials. It was like when Ralphie handed the big fruit basket to his teacher. She was so proud. High class towels too, Both those cool gifts made my day/week/month etc. I told them I have everything they have ever given me, and I do. It's truly the thought that counts :air_kiss:

Haha, true confessions it seems. Cobi and I don't get each other Christmas gifts either. We stopped

quite awhile back as well. It's just the 2 of us at home and we get what we need/want whenever the

need/want arises. For awhile we would allot a certain amount of money for each of us to go buy

what we wanted for Christmas but after awhile that seemed like spending money for it's own sake

so we stopped doing that.

SLED Gemini

I'm really looking forward to watching the Alabama v Oklahoma playoff game Saturday. I'll also

be watching the Clemson v Notre Dame playoff game. Seems like forever since I've actually been

home to actually watch these games instead of catching them on sat radio.

SLED Gemini

Yes we have cut down on Christmas gifs as well. On the every-other years when we are with the girls and grandkids we get gifts for the kids and maybe draw names for an adult gift. On the off year like this we send money or little kids gifts. We usually call our plane tickets a gift and go with that.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

On one of our "visits" yesterday I did receive a box of golf balls for a gift.......Wilson Staff Duo Soft.

It says on the box "29 compression". Will give them a whirl soon........well, after the 8 days of rain

followed by several days highs in the 40s. My weather specs will not be met in the next few weeks.

They're a pretty good soft ball at a reasonable price. Particularly like them as a cool weather (fall) ball. In hot weather, they can feel a bit "mushy". And a ball of choice when swatting persimmon. Was going to pickup some of the optic yellow ones to try in the fall visibility conditions. Now see that they've evidently been discontinued, so may need to jump to it.

We have had lean times over the years, several times we have been in a position where our basic necessities were out of reach so now in our later years where we have worked ourselves into a secure financial position we do spoil ourselves,don’t go overboard but do not skimp either. As with most of you, during the year we purchase all the personal and household items as they are required, but at Christmas we do like to buy something special. We also discuss the upper limit on spending so no one goes ballistic and overspends.

Watching your children open them is always a good feeling, even when they have grown up, as DW said you may be an adult but I will always be your mother.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Sounds like everyone had a good Christmas. Those Wilson Duo's are a pretty good ball,Rad.

Like the rest of you,DW and I get our own gifts.,simply to not be wasting money. If we want it,we will get it,but we are both pretty

reasonable with the money,so not a lot of gifts just to get a gift !

I received two winter wool shirts from the missus. That was because she got tired of looking at the old worn,faded ones.

And a box of Tour Softs. The shirts I will like. I never really buy the expensive golf balls, since my experience has shown that the

cheaper ones make just as nice a splash..

Sounds like the new year will be good. My wish is good health for all you guys, and many happy hours on the course the coming year !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I won some of those Duo Softs at our company outing in 2017, still have them in a drawer. Nice to know about them.

Back to the 3 towels my granddaughter gave me. I'm beginning to think you are supposed to use them together, anybody know? Maybe one is supposed to be wet? And there were 2 strips of velcro, maybe 6 inches long with it? Not sure what that's for since they all have the eyelets and clips. I just remember my DW saying 'what are the velcro strips for?', and our daughter saying 'not sure, but he'll know', and not knowing what to say, I just said 'yep'... ha. I just wanted to be thankful I guess, granddaughter was so proud she did the embroidery which was so nice. And our daughter reminded me again that she was going to take me to the league, as her mother-in-law practically lives a couple hundred yards from the course. I would use a 5 wood on the right day...

I won some of those Duo Softs at our company outing in 2017, still have them in a drawer. Nice to know about them.

Back to the 3 towels my granddaughter gave me. I'm beginning to think you are supposed to use them together, anybody know? Maybe one is supposed to be wet? And there were 2 strips of velcro, maybe 6 inches long with it? Not sure what that's for since they all have the eyelets and clips. I just remember my DW saying 'what are the velcro strips for?', and our daughter saying 'not sure, but he'll know', and not knowing what to say, I just said 'yep'... ha. I just wanted to be thankful I guess, granddaughter was so proud she did the embroidery which was so nice. And our daughter reminded me again that she was going to take me to the league, as her mother-in-law practically lives a couple hundred yards from the course. I would use a 5 wood on the right day...

Bought the Mrs. a bag towel some time back. Thought it was a full size one, like the size of a hand towel. But it was tri-folded with a short velcro strip holding it together. And a single eyelet for attachment. Perhaps that's what you have. Best I can offer. Nothing better than hand-crafted "presents" from loved ones.

Considering the background and love that went into their creation, if it were me, which it isn't, but if it was, they would never touch a dirty muddy golf club. For display purposes only. With pride and remembrance of their creation. Hung on the side of the bag that is out of harm's way. Hand wash if necessary. Kept out of the sun to prevent fading. Used to wipe a brow perhaps. Fondled with reverence. May even carry some special mojo when you're out on the course next season. A putting towel (aka security blankie).

Just say'n.

Sounds like everyone had a good Christmas. Those Wilson Duo's are a pretty good ball,Rad.

Like the rest of you,DW and I get our own gifts.,simply to not be wasting money. If we want it,we will get it,but we are both pretty

I received two winter wool shirts from the missus. That was because she got tired of looking at the old worn,faded ones.

And a box of Tour Softs. The shirts I will like. I never really buy the expensive golf balls, since my experience has shown that the

Sounds like the new year will be good. My wish is good health for all you guys, and many happy hours on the course the coming year !

Ha, Ha. Have this method for supplementing my primo ball stash, as I'm to cheap to pay for them. When playing better golf courses, will on occasion tee off with a Top Flight and hit it into the woods. While searching for the lost ball, will often find several playa balls. Fair exchange, one stroke penalty for three Pro V's (lot's of Pro V's). What's the diff between a 92 and 93?

Last year found a couple Kirklands. Wondering what all the fuss was about, dropped one and promptly hit it back into the woods with a bolo slice. Don't think I'm going to use them any more. Don't do well with a high side spin coefficient ball. Also have preference for ones that have some battle scars on them. (Ok right, nobody has a couple balls in their bag that are recognizable by their longevity and "markings".) That's a ball that knows how not to get lost.

Ha, Ha. Have this method for supplementing my primo ball stash, as I'm to cheap to pay for them. When playing better golf courses, will on occasion tee off with a Top Flight and hit it into the woods. While searching for the lost ball, will often find several playa balls. Fair exchange, one stroke penalty for three Pro V's (lot's of Pro V's). What's the diff between a 92 and 93?

Last year found a couple Kirklands. Wondering what all the fuss was about, dropped one and promptly hit it back into the woods with a bolo slice. Don't think I'm going to use them any more. Don't do well with a high side spin coefficient ball. Also have preference for ones that have some battle scars on them. (Ok right, nobody has a couple balls in their bag that are recognizable by their longevity and "markings".) That's a ball that knows how not to get lost.

ROFL Love it !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I used to pick heaps of balls when I was working at the course. That all changed when the greenskeeper got this idea to trim all the evergreens a good foot or more up from turf level. All of a sudden there weren't anymore good balls that were easily found when driving by marshaling. :glare:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

They're a pretty good soft ball at a reasonable price. Particularly like them as a cool weather (fall) ball. In hot weather, they can feel a bit "mushy". And a ball of choice when swatting persimmon. Was going to pickup some of the optic yellow ones to try in the fall visibility conditions. Now see that they've evidently been discontinued, so may need to jump to it.

My son in law gave me a sleeve to try awhile back. That summer day i was over the green all day with iron shots. It was a club longer on iron shots! At the same time it was a little shorter on driver and did feel mushy like you said. I think it a good winter ball. I like the soft feel putting.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Big Holiday cheers, fine gents.

This caught my eye. Age is no barrier to adventure

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-46690647

Frenchman sets off to cross Atlantic in a barrel

"Jean-Jacques Savin, 71, left El Hierro in Spain's Canary Islands and hopes to reach the Caribbean in as little as three months.

His reinforced capsule contains a sleeping bunk, kitchen and storage."

"His stores include a block of foie gras and a bottle of Sauternes white wine for New Year's Eve. He also has a bottle of red wine to celebrate his 72nd birthday on 14 January"

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)