Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Yesterday, I drove to the course, and had coffee with the manager. A bunch of guys were finishing up at 1:30 pm. I played one hole, teed off on the second, and picked up my ball. Seemed it was a nice day, sunny, about 40 degrees, but the wind made it bitter. I was freezing by the time I got to the car.

I recall the Blue Coral car wax. Don't remember buying it, but one of the Beach Boys songs mentioned it. My Dad wasn't much into polishing cars, when I was a boy. I may have remarked that my Mom, being an austere person, only allowed my father the cheapest cars. He had Chevrolet Biscaynes, a 59 and a 64, both 2 door sedans with no frills, no whitewall tires or radio. I learned to drive in the 64.

Those Biscaynes would be nice to have today.

Happy New Year to All!

Isn't it funny that something we really didn't want to be caught dead in as a teenager all of a sudden has appeal in our later years.

My dad preferred a little nicer ride. The first car I remember was a 56 Buick Roadmaster, two tone; cream and light blue. That was followed up by a '61 Bel-Air, white two door hardtop with red interior. I liked that car quite a bit and would love to have one now.

When I was 18 I was offered a minty '68 Fury II 4 dr hardtop that was two tone; beige and bottle green, for $800. It even had a 318. I couldn't get far enough away from that thing fast enough and yet within a couple of years I realized that I had missed out on a great opportunity. Instead I ended up with a classic piece of trash, the AMC Gremlin! I guess everyone has to go through the ordeal of owning a lemon...

I bought a 68 Fury 3 coupe back in 1973 when I got a job in the steel mill. $960 drive out, it was a pretty nice car. Sold it in 76 to buy the Dodge. A dealer has a 68 two tone like yours for sale in Pittsburgh. Been listed on Craigslist for several months. He originally was asking $8995, now $6995. It's really mint, but a four door isn't as sharp as a 2 door.

Picture of one like the one I had.

Served my apprenticeship in the motor industry, worked there for 16 years after and was never car mad, many of my contemporaries both as apprentices and journeymen were car fanatics, I purchased one drove it and that was it, they purchased one tuned it painted it made it look cool but that was never my scene. I can see the fascination with them, however I was never one of the fascinated.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Quite hot in parts of Australia today running between 107*- 120*, we are relatively comfortable at around 90*. All work done for the installation of the new septic, only waiting for a council inspection and final approval, hopefully work can start within two weeks. It will take around eight hours from start to finish.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Got my Jinhao pen yesterday, 8 days from China. Incredible. A hefty, metal fountain pen with shipping for $4.50. Writes with a broad point, good for scrawling signatures. No comparison between my Mont Blanc and the Jinhao, but now, the Mont Blanc retails for $580.

The world economy is doomed, if these companies can make a profit on a really nice $4.50 pen including shipping from across the world.

Top picture is the Mont Blank.

Looking good Wriggs. Somewhere along the line I've shared this but in my whacked out reality, I'm a lefty when holding a writing implement. All other endeavors including golf are managed right handed. So what this means for us lefties is we're "smearing" ink and pencil lead as we drag the back edge of our writing hand over every word we just laid down on paper.

About the only way around that is to curl the wrist and write like Captain Hook, or literally turn the paper almost upside down. We've all seen these various ways a lefty puts pen to paper. LMAO - From my pinky to the wrist was always a dirty mess at the end of the school day growing up. Paperwork turned-in was smeared and smudged. I envied anyone who had a pen like that. For me it was 60% ink on paper, and 40% on me.

Have no idea what all of this meant to my golf swing - fwiw. Who knows? Might have made golf easier or 10 times harder. Clueless.

I'm also a lefty. I've read articles regarding lefties and fountain pens. A lot of lefties have problems with the ink smearing, like you. I never had that problem. I may hold my pen more like a righty; who knows? I recall many years ago, when I first became interested in fountain pens, I bought a pen with an oblique nib, recommended for lefties. The pen never worked right. I just couldn't write with it. It would just scratch and skip.

I never really wrote much with fountain pens. Just signed papers with them, and used them for taking notes while interviewing tax clients and such. You'd be surprised at the positive comments. Adds to the credibility factor. (Silly, but true.)

The Jinhao pen writes excellently, better than the Cross, and the Sheaffer I have. I have a Parker from the 1940's, that my Dad bought for Uncle Charlie, when he left for WW2. He strangely gave it back to my Dad when he returned from duty. I haven't used it for years, but it still has its original ink sac. I've replaced ink sacs on a few pens, and the sacs I bought on the internet didn't hold up.

I've converted a couple desk set pens to ballpoint status. Usually, parts from cheap handout ballpoints can be used to convert old fountain pens.

Cheers!

I'm not sure whether it was grade three or grade four, but that was the time when my penmanship was such that I was graduated to ink from a pencil. BIC pens were available at the time and that was what the teacher handed us, but it became a rite of passage to get a fountain pen to use at school. I remember I had a basic Sheaffer that was red and required an ink cartridge. Using that style of pen lasted for maybe a year or two until the inevitable leaks would happen that ruined a piece of clothing or made a bollocks of the pencil case contents. No wonder pocket protectors were so popular, but that was like the trade mark of a complete nerd if you used one of those. I remember a couple of fellows having them when I got to high school, but those lads spent far too much time in the electronics lab...

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Rain has finally come to an end around here. Now, it's time to dry out some.

Funny, the NWS predicted a colder than normal winter for us in the south......but.....the farmer's

almanac predicted a warmer than normal winter. So far, the farmer's almanac has been correct.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Got my Jinhao pen yesterday, 8 days from China. Incredible. A hefty, metal fountain pen with shipping for $4.50. Writes with a broad point, good for scrawling signatures. No comparison between my Mont Blanc and the Jinhao, but now, the Mont Blanc retails for $580.

The world economy is doomed, if these companies can make a profit on a really nice $4.50 pen including shipping from across the world.

Top picture is the Mont Blank.

Looking good Wriggs. Somewhere along the line I've shared this but in my whacked out reality, I'm a lefty when holding a writing implement. All other endeavors including golf are managed right handed. So what this means for us lefties is we're "smearing" ink and pencil lead as we drag the back edge of our writing hand over every word we just laid down on paper.

About the only way around that is to curl the wrist and write like Captain Hook, or literally turn the paper almost upside down. We've all seen these various ways a lefty puts pen to paper. LMAO - From my pinky to the wrist was always a dirty mess at the end of the school day growing up. Paperwork turned-in was smeared and smudged. I envied anyone who had a pen like that. For me it was 60% ink on paper, and 40% on me.

Have no idea what all of this meant to my golf swing - fwiw. Who knows? Might have made golf easier or 10 times harder. Clueless.

I'm also a lefty. I've read articles regarding lefties and fountain pens. A lot of lefties have problems with the ink smearing, like you. I never had that problem. I may hold my pen more like a righty; who knows? I recall many years ago, when I first became interested in fountain pens, I bought a pen with an oblique nib, recommended for lefties. The pen never worked right. I just couldn't write with it. It would just scratch and skip.

I never really wrote much with fountain pens. Just signed papers with them, and used them for taking notes while interviewing tax clients and such. You'd be surprised at the positive comments. Adds to the credibility factor. (Silly, but true.)

The Jinhao pen writes excellently, better than the Cross, and the Sheaffer I have. I have a Parker from the 1940's, that my Dad bought for Uncle Charlie, when he left for WW2. He strangely gave it back to my Dad when he returned from duty. I haven't used it for years, but it still has its original ink sac. I've replaced ink sacs on a few pens, and the sacs I bought on the internet didn't hold up.

I've converted a couple desk set pens to ballpoint status. Usually, parts from cheap handout ballpoints can be used to convert old fountain pens.

Cheers!

Being a lefty means you're smart I think, or creative. Our son is a lefty and he seems pretty much so. There seems to be some extra talent with leftys.

I remember playing with my grandmother's fountain pens when I was little. Apparently she found a place to hide them eventually. I used them for all kinds of stuff except for writing, since I couldn't write yet. My, that ink sure gets on stuff. You can get it to come out of that front split section, and those radiator bars in the back, it can end up on the back of drapes and kitchen towels. Ink doesn't come off of your skin well. Adults don't like kids to play with fountain pens. The prettier the pen, the higher up it's kept. My grandma would write down everything her and her friends said I think, in a little notebook. After my grandfather died, she would talk to herself right out loud all the stuff her and her friends said in their phone calls, later on while she did the dishes- whole conversations, I heard them "well, she said I'm going right down there tomorrow and try on some of those new shoes!"... "oh, no Lula (her friend must have said), those are $15!"... "just see if I don't, you can watch through the window if you want! Sometimes it would go on for 10 minutes, washed and dried the dishes, whole conversations I would hear, all reenacted from one person...

Funny, the NWS predicted a colder than normal winter for us in the south......but.....the farmer's

almanac predicted a warmer than normal winter. So far, the farmer's almanac has been correct.

We're a day or so behind you by way of weather. Soaking rain today. In fact this area is squishy. Waterlogged to the max. Weekend forecast calls for 60s and sun. Low humidity. Windy tomorrow but less so on Sunday. Trying to scratch together a game for Sunday. It's just so crappy today it's hard to get anyone to think golf.

Pros in Hawaii. Would'nt mind a round or two there. Maybe someday / someway. Could prolly talk Tol into joining! Need us a supersonic jet to get there and be home for dinner! Tried and can't find a jet on eBay for a hundred bucks. Will keep an eye out for the jet hos. Lol

I remember ink wells in the desks at school, a basic pen would be a wooden handle with a nib on the end and were left in a special groove at the back of the desk, so the pen was used by everyone that used that desk, the teacher always had replacements, Biros when they were new were banned from the classroom.

How times have changed.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

We're a day or so behind you by way of weather. Soaking rain today. In fact this area is squishy. Waterlogged to the max. Weekend forecast calls for 60s and sun. Low humidity. Windy tomorrow but less so on Sunday. Trying to scratch together a game for Sunday. It's just so crappy today it's hard to get anyone to think golf.

Pros in Hawaii. Would'nt mind a round or two there. Maybe someday / someway. Could prolly talk Tol into joining! Need us a supersonic jet to get there and be home for dinner! Tried and can't find a jet on eBay for a hundred bucks. Will keep an eye out for the jet hos. Lol

Sounds like plan Reason. Tried myself this morning and they were all sold out, ah well thanks for the invite, maybe next year.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Christmas is officially over in the Tol house, we always put away the decorations on the first Saturday after new year, house looks empty but tidy. Cats are not happy as all their new toys have gone, dogs are happy as they no longer have to tell the cats off for climbing the Christmas tree and stealing the decorations.

Back to normal for another 11 months, roll on Christmas, not long now :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Do not know why or how but it seems to me that the Farmer's Almanac is always correct----- See Clemson is playing Bama in the national Championship Monday night--- My wife for some reason hates Clemson and has already started torturing Clemson fans by saying "roll tide" But she did live in Bama for a while. Funny thing about around here during the regular season you see a lot of Gamecock stuff but the fans have switched to Clemson stuff. Me I could give two hoots less. My wife if the national championship was anyone other than Clemson involved she would be as silent as a mouse in church

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Do not know why or how but it seems to me that the Farmer's Almanac is always correct----- See Clemson is playing Bama in the national Championship Monday night--- My wife for some reason hates Clemson and has already started torturing Clemson fans by saying "roll tide" But she did live in Bama for a while. Funny thing about around here during the regular season you see a lot of Gamecock stuff but the fans have switched to Clemson stuff. Me I could give two hoots less. My wife if the national championship was anyone other than Clemson involved she would be as silent as a mouse in church

You're either up early or up late Stu. Anyway, I wish they would put that game on the weekend, Monday night at 8:00 is too late for working people, at least all the hoopla will be over, then they can hype it up for the NFL playoff madness and Superbowl followed by the March madness hype. The Masters will follow bringing some sense to it all :)

So what is an otherwise sound sleeper like myself doing up at 1:30 AM. It is desperation. I played yesterday morning and the conditions were poor. The 42 deg. was not so bad but the the East wind coming off of the snow on the surrounding hills and mountains made it feel much colder. I did not play well but not that bad either and scored my first two birds of the new year. I ran an errand to Costco and came home cold, stiff and tired. I laid down for a little nap and must have slouched just wrong and woke up with an upper back spasm under my shoulder blade. The first time I had this was in my younger and foolish days when hanging over-head sheet rock.

I went to bed early for me at 10 o’clock, but could not get comfortable. Every breath caused a spasm. I finally drifted off but woke at 12:30.

So as a desperate person will do, I rummaged through some old meds and found a muscle relaxant from the dark ages and yes, a narcotic pain pill from even older. I take this kind of thing very rarely. So I am leaning up against a Costco foot vibrator/ massager on the living room couch watching YouTube vids on how to treat Rhomboid and super scapular muscle pain. The old refrain is coming to mind about the doc who treats himself having a fool for a patient. Mrs. scotee the nurse just grilled me about what exactly I had taken. So far no slurred words or hallucinations.

The next question is WTH is Sixty and Stu doing up at this gawdforsaken hour?

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

So what is an otherwise sound sleeper like myself doing up at 1:30 AM. It is desperation. I played yesterday morning and the conditions were poor. The 42 deg. was not so bad but the the East wind coming off of the snow on the surrounding hills and mountains made it feel much colder. I did not play well but not that bad either and scored my first two birds of the new year. I ran an errand to Costco and came home cold, stiff and tired. I laid down for a little nap and must have slouched just wrong and woke up with an upper back spasm under my shoulder blade. The first time I had this was in my younger and foolish days when hanging over-head sheet rock.

I went to bed early for me at 10 o’clock, but could not get comfortable. Every breath caused a spasm. I finally drifted off but woke at 12:30.

So as a desperate person will do, I rummaged through some old meds and found a muscle relaxant from the dark ages and yes, a narcotic pain pill from even older. I take this kind of thing very rarely. So I am leaning up against a Costco foot vibrator/ massager on the living room couch watching YouTube vids on how to treat Rhomboid and super scapular muscle pain. The old refrain is coming to mind about the doc who treats himself having a fool for a patient. Mrs. scotee the nurse just grilled me about what exactly I had taken. So far no slurred words or hallucinations.

I get up every day at this time, usually about 3:45, just a bad habit I guess. Maybe I was born at 3:45 AM, haha... My DW and I go in to work early, when I drove I used to get in about 5:30 but not now. Maybe retirement will bring new hours? Only 60 work days left as of next Monday. :superman:

I get up every day at this time, usually about 3:45, just a bad habit I guess. Maybe I was born at 3:45 AM, haha... My DW and I go in to work early, when I drove I used to get in about 5:30 but not now. Maybe retirement will bring new hours? Only 60 work days left as of next Monday. :superman:

Me always up at this hour, you Grillers that sleep in :). Only Sixty Sixty, sounds good, enjoy them it will be your last chance to relax during the day.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Maybe. Initially you will experience the luxury of sleeping in. Like to 7:00 a.m. Then in time, sleep habits begin to revert back to the norm. Start going to bed earlier and earlier, waking up at ridiculous hours of the morning. To read and post crap on the internets. Fueled by caffeine. You're already adept at composing humorous and observational commentary at this stupid hour. (Wait, it's almost 5:30 a.m.) To think that in my 20's, it was a major undertaking to drag my a** out of bed and get to work by 8:00 a.m.

Hell of way to become introduced to the early morning crew Scotee. Hope the narcotics have kicked in to afford you some relief. No concerns with taking old drugs? Thought they had a shelf life, statue of limitations, volumes of paperwork disclaimers that says "Do Not Use" after a certain date. But who am I to say. You're the Doctor. Do you have a lifetime supply of that "laughing gas" stuff they use to give dental patients? IIRC, that was a pretty mellow buzz. In all seriousness, hope the spasms subside soon.

I've suffered from insomnia for far to long. Sleep a few hours, wake up, back to sleep for an hour or so, finally about 3:00 a.m., say to hell with it and get up for good. Finally decided to consult with a doctor and get to the bottom of it. As I suspected (and read about on the internets) a classic case of sleep anemia. Appointment made with a sleep specialist MD in a couple of weeks. Get one of those sleep contraptions (CPAP machine). It's been a long time since I've had 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

All part of the new plan for the new year. Engaging with the health care profession to get healthy, run a few tests, find out if anything is askew, benchmark. Doctors have heretofore scared the crap out of me. I've always felt pretty good, so figured "what's the point". But I'm not getting any younger, so don't want to be stupid about this by continued avoidance. Furthermore, when out to dinner with the buds and wives, all everyone seems to talk about is there doctoring and meds. Feeling left out of the conversation.

Sitting here thinking (using all the artificial intelligence I can muster) of a DIY method for implementing some Speed Injected Twist Face technology into the current tee and fairway implements. A can of that spray foam insulation stuff from HD? Drills some holes, shoot it in, extra 25 yards. Bam. I'd install Flash in my driver if it had a USB port.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

BUT... I WILL GET A HOLE-IN-ONE in 2019. You heard it on the internet so it must be true. Place your bets gentleman. Like Babe Ruth pointing to the fence, I'm calling this one. It's going to happen. No doubt whatsoever.

Grillster's patiently waiting to observe the "Event". And waiting. And waiting. Where the hell is Reason? What's one have to do around here to get a beverage replenished?

Sitting here thinking (using all the artificial intelligence I can muster) of a DIY method for implementing some Speed Injected Twist Face technology into the current tee and fairway implements. A can of that spray foam insulation stuff from HD? Drills some holes, shoot it in, extra 25 yards. Bam. I'd install Flash in my driver if it had a USB port.

Haven't you heard; when Shiels hit the twist face it didn't make him straighter and now that he's tested the speed injected thingie he actually lost ball speed...

That won't stop him from using it though cause it looks and sounds so much better...

So maybe all you need are a couple of cans of spray paint and a few computer generated decals to pimp up the tee and fairway instruments to more modern standards. :smilie_tm:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

BUT... I WILL GET A HOLE-IN-ONE in 2019. You heard it on the internet so it must be true. Place your bets gentleman. Like Babe Ruth pointing to the fence, I'm calling this one. It's going to happen. No doubt whatsoever.

Grillster's patiently waiting to observe the "Event". And waiting. And waiting. Where the hell is Reason? What's one have to do around here to get a beverage replenished?

If that's you on the left Fella and me on the right, who the heck's in the middle; scotee? Oh and where has Sixty gotten to?

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

There must have been some sort of transcendental alarm going off because I woke up at 3:30 or there abouts too. Tossed and turned for a couple of more hours maybe nodding off once before just saying to heck with it all. I did get my 7 hours so to speak, it was just that the first 4 happened in the recliner after coming home fed and watered from the curling club.

Scotee you have my sympathies over the back spasm. I've certainly endured more than my share over the years. Getting a chill and then laying down in an awkward position is a sure recipe for one. I find that Voltaren works pretty well for an over the counter topical product if the meds you took don't get the job done.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I remember ink wells in the desks at school, a basic pen would be a wooden handle with a nib on the end and were left in a special groove at the back of the desk, so the pen was used by everyone that used that desk, the teacher always had replacements, Biros when they were new were banned from the classroom.

How times have changed.

The desks had the inkwells when I was in elementary school. Students didn't use pens until second or third grade. Only used the basic wood handled pens for a short time. I have a wood pen and a box of steel nibs, bought twenty years ago at a yard sale. Missus bought a box (10 packs?) of Sheaffer cartridges about that time, unopened, for $1. A five pack was 25 cents when the box was sold in the 1960's. I'm down to the last five pack.

Scrip ink, used to be .25, later .29. I still transfer ink to that old bottle. A bottle of cheap ink, from Michaels, was $6 the last time I bought a bottle, a couple years ago. The good ink is $10 a bottle.

I may have related, but in sixth grade, the old biddy of a teacher only allowed children to use a passed out "school" pen, which a bit of white adhesive tape was put on to identify the "owner." Teacher would collect them at the end of writing class. These pens were of the stick variety, looked like a yellow pencil, with an eraser at the end. My pen skipped and blotted ink clots all over the place. Teacher issued me another, after I showed her my stained hands.

The replacement was no better, and I dreaded writing class. Terrified, I told my Dad, and he "borrowed" a similar pen from work. More an orange than yellow, the pen looked close enough to the issued item, and I used it for writing class, secretly switching the pens, and passing in the issued one when class was over. However, I remember being terrified of the thought that Teacher would catch me.

Maybe, that situation made me fond of good pens. In my early days of a minimum wage accountant, I carried my pens and pencils in a pocket protector in my shirt pocket. When a guy said to put tape on my glasses to complete the nerd look, I quit using protectors.

Walked 9 holes yesterday at the muddy course. Was chilled, and very tired and sore when I got home.

But, it was golf on January 4.

I get up around 5:00 am, have all my life. I usually don't make it to 9:00 pm; I'm in bed before that However, I really don't sleep well, haven't for years. 4 or more bathroom wake ups a night, and I'm ready for morning.

The multiple bathroom breaks have been in effect for many years. Some 14 years ago, Doc prescribed Flomax. In two days, I was dizzy on the verge of passing out. Doc said if I had no objection, he'd rather see me get up multiple times.

Been that way ever since.

You're either up early or up late Stu. Anyway, I wish they would put that game on the weekend, Monday night at 8:00 is too late for working people, at least all the hoopla will be over, then they can hype it up for the NFL playoff madness and Superbowl followed by the March madness hype. The Masters will follow bringing some sense to it all :)

I am up early--- I am used to being up ready to roll at 03:00 every morning----- I also have what we call my " little 10 lb brown alarm clock". He is a little Manchester Chiwawa we adopted from the shelter back in April. He is up wanting his greenie and then breakfast at 03:00. Since my wife is working 3rd shift until she retires in April I take care of him in the mornings. About 3:15 he is ready to go outside and take care of puppy business. My wife was off work last night and she remarked " you darn sure have him spoiled" I told her well he deserves it from what he got in the past. He has really taken up good here with us. Glad we were able to help him. Poor little guy had been through a lot.

But to defend you the Bible does state "Physician heal thyself" Do not know the exact verse but it is in there.

Haven't you heard; when Shiels hit the twist face it didn't make him straighter and now that he's tested the speed injected thingie he actually lost ball speed...

That won't stop him from using it though cause it looks and sounds so much better...

So maybe all you need are a couple of cans of spray paint and a few computer generated decals to pimp up the tee and fairway instruments to more modern standards. :smilie_tm:

I will say one thing about Shiels--- He is as full of s**t as a jiffy johnny on a construction site. No fancy paint or decals for me I like my Homna driver in it's stock flat black finish as is my Adams 4 wood.

There must have been some sort of transcendental alarm going off because I woke up at 3:30 or there abouts too. Tossed and turned for a couple of more hours maybe nodding off once before just saying to heck with it all. I did get my 7 hours so to speak, it was just that the first 4 happened in the recliner after coming home fed and watered from the curling club.

Scotee you have my sympathies over the back spasm. I've certainly endured more than my share over the years. Getting a chill and then laying down in an awkward position is a sure recipe for one. I find that Voltaren works pretty well for an over the counter topical product if the meds you took don't get the job done.

I can tell you from experience another over the counter topical product--- Bio Freeze that stuff works good for me

There, fixed it, now I'm the one in the middle...

I could break one of those wicker chairs in a NY Minute!!!!

Ha, ha! Was thinking along the same lines after Sco's comment. That middle guy. The back of that noggin' looked like a Forty something. Not a Sixty something. Had a hard time trying to place whom it may me. Thought it may have been Pluto Man as no one knows how old he is. Now it can be anyone. (Tag. You're it, Sixty.) We're still "Waiting for Godot".

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)