Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

After three days of very spring-like weather, not just the feel of it, but the smell of it too, this is grinding on me also. I went out about an hour ago to pretreat the steps and walkway.

Not much accumulation yet, barely anything really. The wind is coming hard off the lake from the east so I'm not sure what that means. Perhaps we end up getting some nasty combination of rain/ice and snow instead of freezing rain.

Just saw a car go down the road very slowly. It does look pretty icy out there from the reflection of the headlights. :(

Pleased we live where there is NEVER any ice, the lowest temp we usually have is around 40/45*, that’s why we live where we live.

Now that daybreak has shed some light on the subject, it's pretty sketchy out there. Not a lot of traffic considering it's a workday, but they're not crawling either so the roads are probably OK for now. I'll be putting down some more ice melter this morning. The pretreated area doesn't look too bad, but the laneway is like a rink! Might have to resort to wearing my curling shoes! May as well get some use out of them...

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Being that back trouble has been a hot topic of discussion, this link offers a few doctors take on the subject at least as it pertains to professional players.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-47114990

No surprises with this article and a bit of an explainer for what is happening to those who suffer.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Dilemma and semi-frustration coursing thru my veins here.

On one hand I've suffered back pain at "that" level. I know what it is to walk in pain with a spine shaped like a twisted pretzel. Know what it is to lay on the floor for days wondering if I can crawl to the can versus peeing in my pants as a potentially better option. Then, to have a reoccurrence just about at the point all that is finally easing up months later. I know too well what it's like to always feel that slight twinge back there doing simple things like tying my shoes, standing, sitting, and just doing ordinary life. And how with that, weakness and slight tenderness serve to compromise literally everything done in everyday life.

On the other hand I equally believe, with just as much if not more conviction, there absolutely IS a golf swing that works pretty darn reliably inside of all that. As remote and impossible as that seems inside the darkness and pain of that nonstop/nagging thing. I believe it. AND, I see it in my mind, as a good thing for all golfers... of all ages and handicaps.

The dilemma???

It's called "projecting". When we believe something deeply, we suddenly believe it MUST apply to everyone else, all the time, without exception.

Don't know if I ever will get past this dilemma. The voice of "Reason" is that third voice telling me NOT to project. No two back problems are exactly the same. There are untold scores of ways to swing, executed by untold scores of golfers who play and approach golf according to their own individuality.

But I won't lie to you guys. "Reason" is getting screamed at by two very conflicting messages.

Stay tuned. One day I'll be wearing a special homemade helmet that solves my dilemma as I communicate with aliens from the planet "gortak". :)

pl

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

pl

Plethysmograph..

A instrument that measures the variation in the size of an organ or body part on the basis of the amount of blood passing through or present in the part.

mmmmmmmmmmm.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I guess for this episode we have the big pink blob centered right over top of southern Ontario. The issue seems to be that the surface temperature is below freezing, but the precipitation that falls as rain is freezing to whatever it hits. DW was out in it earlier and said that it was definitely rain which has pretty much stopped for the moment, but nothing is coming off the trees or surfaces that haven't been treated, so where water is currently collecting may soon become ice in the next few hours.

There is somewhere between 5-10 mm of ice accretion with perhaps another 5 mm called for by late tonight. Tomorrow we will get round two in the morning then switching to rain as the temperature quickly rises to 10°C by midnight before falling back down. As long as the wind is reasonable we should get through this without a power outage, but you never know who might decide to take out a power pole which is probably the bigger risk at this time.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Drove to the course yesterday around 1:00 pm. Drank a coffee with the manager, she said 16 guys played on Monday. Guys were supposedly coming out around 4:00. Walked nine with only my adjustable iron. The course was muddy, wet, and very sloppy. I played the first two holes from the tees, hitting the adjustable iron maximum 130 yards carry, balls plugging.

Walked the last seven, teeing off around 120 yards from the hole. Much more enjoyable, had a couple pars playing as par 3. Surprisingly, my feet stayed dry with the Etonics that I sprayed with clear Rustoleum, to seal them last fall. (Stu, yes I do have a little redneck in me, and proud of it.)

Felt good getting out, but my back bothered me a bit when I got home.

Advil time.

Love it Wriggs :)

Vitamin A :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Dilemma and semi-frustration coursing thru my veins here.

On one hand I've suffered back pain at "that" level. I know what it is to walk in pain with a spine shaped like a twisted pretzel. Know what it is to lay on the floor for days wondering if I can crawl to the can versus peeing in my pants as a potentially better option. Then, to have a reoccurrence just about at the point all that is finally easing up months later. I know too well what it's like to always feel that slight twinge back there doing simple things like tying my shoes, standing, sitting, and just doing ordinary life. And how with that, weakness and slight tenderness serve to compromise literally everything done in everyday life.

On the other hand I equally believe, with just as much if not more conviction, there absolutely IS a golf swing that works pretty darn reliably inside of all that. As remote and impossible as that seems inside the darkness and pain of that nonstop/nagging thing. I believe it. AND, I see it in my mind, as a good thing for all golfers... of all ages and handicaps.

The dilemma???

It's called "projecting". When we believe something deeply, we suddenly believe it MUST apply to everyone else, all the time, without exception.

Don't know if I ever will get past this dilemma. The voice of "Reason" is that third voice telling me NOT to project. No two back problems are exactly the same. There are untold scores of ways to swing, executed by untold scores of golfers who play and approach golf according to their own individuality.

But I won't lie to you guys. "Reason" is getting screamed at by two very conflicting messages.

Stay tuned. One day I'll be wearing a special homemade helmet that solves my dilemma as I communicate with aliens from the planet "gortak". :)

The helmet fixes everything, don’t forget the antenna.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

pl

Plethysmograph..

A instrument that measures the variation in the size of an organ or body part on the basis of the amount of blood passing through or present in the part.

mmmmmmmmmmm.

Don't need no stinking plethysmograph to tell me I don't have as much blood in my organ as i used to have :(

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Drove to the course yesterday around 1:00 pm. Drank a coffee with the manager, she said 16 guys played on Monday. Guys were supposedly coming out around 4:00. Walked nine with only my adjustable iron. The course was muddy, wet, and very sloppy. I played the first two holes from the tees, hitting the adjustable iron maximum 130 yards carry, balls plugging.

Walked the last seven, teeing off around 120 yards from the hole. Much more enjoyable, had a couple pars playing as par 3. Surprisingly, my feet stayed dry with the Etonics that I sprayed with clear Rustoleum, to seal them last fall. (Stu, yes I do have a little redneck in me, and proud of it.)

Advil time.

Well Wriggs I am going to make you sick with envy--- It was 71 today which tied the Feburary record--- It was my "short day" so I left real early and was back on the yard at 08:30. Was at the house at 9:15---- Of course got a 12:30 tee time. My new to me Jones bag came today so I switched everything over which is not hard for me since I do not carry that much stuff. Love that bag it does not have a stand looks old school and is rigid enough the cart attendants do not choke the living s**t out of it. Clubs do not tangle either and it has only 3 dividers which is old school and the curtains go all the way to the bottom. The VIPs look sexy in it too--- Played several balls as this was basically a practice round for me. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 70s and then for the weekend it starts cooling down again

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Advil time.

Well Wriggs I am going to make you sick with envy--- It was 71 today which tied the Feburary record--- It was my "short day" so I left real early and was back on the yard at 08:30. Was at the house at 9:15---- Of course got a 12:30 tee time. My new to me Jones bag came today so I switched everything over which is not hard for me since I do not carry that much stuff. Love that bag it does not have a stand looks old school and is rigid enough the cart attendants do not choke the living s**t out of it. Clubs do not tangle either and it has only 3 dividers which is old school and the curtains go all the way to the bottom. The VIPs look sexy in it too--- Played several balls as this was basically a practice round for me. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 70s and then for the weekend it starts cooling down again

Ah yes, the sounds of golf. Spring is near. Even the earthworms were in the driveway today. Where were they last week when it was -8* by the way?

Anyway, this is a great time of year, golf talk in the air at the Grille, the smell of golf in the air, club talk, course pics...

Advil time.

Ah yes, the sounds of golf. Spring is near. Even the earthworms were in the driveway today. Where were they last week when it was -8* by the way?

Anyway, this is a great time of year, golf talk in the air at the Grille, the smell of golf in the air, club talk, course pics...

And then there's always some SOB just waiting to spoil the party...

I've got an old High School mate that I had lost track of until a couple of years ago. He lives in the area, but also has a condo in Ft. Lauderdale where he spends about half the year. He's retired now. Did really well in business; as in he owned a high tech firm with over 1000 employees, so he's definitely got money; big money!

I'll give him credit that he doesn't exactly flaunt it until he knows that some of us up north are dealing with the weather and then low and behold there are pictures showing up on Facebook of him, his wife and assorted conspirators cruising the inland waterways in a pretty decent sized cabin cruiser. That's usually accompanied by a pic of my buddy and his guest at a Florida Panthers hockey game. Makes me wonder if he's got season seats? Ahh, it's only money, right?

The heck of it is that I've got a few friends that winter in Florida and they're always posting on Facebook all bloody winter long about what a great time they're having, on the beach, on the golf course, on the boat, you get the idea. Yes, I know, I'm whining right now. My wife says I do it when the weather is bad and or I'm feeling like crap. So I'm guilty. :no2:

I know, there's a simple solution. Just unfriend them. I could, but I don't really want to; it's just sometimes a little bit of sympathy should be on order.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Advil time.

And then there's always some SOB just waiting to spoil the party...

I've got an old High School mate that I had lost track of until a couple of years ago. He lives in the area, but also has a condo in Ft. Lauderdale where he spends about half the year. He's retired now. Did really well in business; as in he owned a high tech firm with over 1000 employees, so he's definitely got money; big money!

I'll give him credit that he doesn't exactly flaunt it until he knows that some of us up north are dealing with the weather and then low and behold there are pictures showing up on Facebook of him, his wife and assorted conspirators cruising the inland waterways in a pretty decent sized cabin cruiser. That's usually accompanied by a pic of my buddy and his guest at a Florida Panthers hockey game. Makes me wonder if he's got season seats? Ahh, it's only money, right?

The heck of it is that I've got a few friends that winter in Florida and they're always posting on Facebook all bloody winter long about what a great time they're having, on the beach, on the golf course, on the boat, you get the idea. Yes, I know, I'm whining right now. My wife says I do it when the weather is bad and or I'm feeling like crap. So I'm guilty. :no2:

I know, there's a simple solution. Just unfriend them. I could, but I don't really want to; it's just sometimes a little bit of sympathy should be on order.

Hey Sco, lots and lots of sympathy but, today it has rained and the temp is 33* c, good cruising, fishing and golfing weather. When the farm sells move to a sub tropical place, golf all year round, no snow, no ice.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

pl

Plethysmograph..

mmmmmmmmmmm.

Don't need no stinking plethysmograph to tell me I don't have as much blood in my organ as i used to have :(

Don’t forget the other body parts. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Hi guys,

Good to see some of you are keeping this random discussion/golf thread rolling. I hope you all are playing well and in good health. Been able to play 18 twice this year at a course just across the river in Illinois. Shot +12 both rounds, which is where I finished the season at handicap wise.

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down

Hi guys,

Good to see some of you are keeping this random discussion/golf thread rolling. I hope you all are playing well and in good health. Been able to play 18 twice this year at a course just across the river in Illinois. Shot +12 both rounds, which is where I finished the season at handicap wise.

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down

Don’t be a stranger.

when you get that clue that the flooding was worse than you thought !

Lunch, you not the shark.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Advil time.

Good for you. The Jones bags are great for the retro golfer. I have two, a three tone grey, white, and blue, with red handles, was advertised as a US Open bag, and a black and white one. Used the black and white one all last year, the bag still looks like new.

I may have remarked that I got a Walter Hagen Sunday bag from Ebay late last fall. I had one 15 years ago, bought new at Dicks. Really a comfortable bag for a minimalist walker like myself. Seems even too light with 6 clubs, I'll carry 7 with it.

Hopefully, I'll get out to golf more this month. At least it's February. The Masters is only two months away. I'll wear my green jacket for watching the festivities. (Maybe, even my "new" yellow golf pants.)

Doesn't take much to amuse me.

Take care, gents.

Advil time.

Good for you. The Jones bags are great for the retro golfer. I have two, a three tone grey, white, and blue, with red handles, was advertised as a US Open bag, and a black and white one. Used the black and white one all last year, the bag still looks like new.

I may have remarked that I got a Walter Hagen Sunday bag from Ebay late last fall. I had one 15 years ago, bought new at Dicks. Really a comfortable bag for a minimalist walker like myself. Seems even too light with 6 clubs, I'll carry 7 with it.

Hopefully, I'll get out to golf more this month. At least it's February. The Masters is only two months away. I'll wear my green jacket for watching the festivities. (Maybe, even my "new" yellow golf pants.)

Take care, gents.

And have the antennas up high as well...

37 Thirty Seven (how many work days till retirement) :golfer:

When you're retired you can___________

Do what the heck you like, when you like.

DW permitting.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Get up at 5:00 am, and enjoy the fact that you don't have to go to work.

Isn't that the truth! Now that I don't have to be up at that time or there abouts I have no trouble waking up then via internal alarm clock. Mind you, when you get up every couple of hours or so to use the toilet there doesn't seem to be much need for a clock...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Take up a new hobby or revisit an old one that you haven't done in years. Maybe a bit of both! ;)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Advil time.

Take care, gents.

A few years back, ran across a Jones bag at a thrift. Never had heard of them before. Felt really light weight and "unsubstantial", although in nice shape IIRC. Strictly a carry bag, not even equipped with a stand. Figured what the heck would I do with a carry bag, wasn't even walking all that much back then. So after contemplating whether I wanted to spend $10.00 on a carry bag, left it there. Knowing what I do now, kinda wish I would have bought it. Just because. Being light weight and minimalist was the whole point. Have not run across one since to have a second opportunity. One shouldn't overthink how to spend funds at a thrift store.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

The day after...

A thick coating of ice everywhere! Fortunately no wind as of yet to compound problems. It will probably take me 45 minutes to get the car cleaned off this morning!

We had to travel to Brantford last night for my MRI. Allowed over an hour to make a 35 minute journey. The highway was fine, but there were several abandoned vehicles in the ditch including a tractor trailer that had gone off the road through a guard rail into a grove of trees! Probably the worst two patches we had to contend with were our driveway and the parking lot at the hospital.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Advil time.

Take care, gents.

A few years back, ran across a Jones bag at a thrift. Never had heard of them before. Felt really light weight and "unsubstantial", although in nice shape IIRC. Strictly a carry bag, not even equipped with a stand. Figured what the heck would I do with a carry bag, wasn't even walking all that much back then. So after contemplating whether I wanted to spend $10.00 on a carry bag, left it there. Knowing what I do now, kinda wish I would have bought it. Just because. Being light weight and minimalist was the whole point. Have not run across one since to have a second opportunity. One shouldn't overthink how to spend funds at a thrift store.

Got my first Jones around 20 years ago at a yard sale for $2. My late Dad used to repair it for me as needed. They were made then with a synthetic material with piping, heavier than the stuff they make them today. The hardware was heavier also.

Threw the bag away in tatters a few years after he passed. Definitely got my $2 from it.

The modern ones I have are good quality, and hold up well. My bags look new yet.

Get up at 5:00 am, and enjoy the fact that you don't have to go to work.

Isn't that the truth! Now that I don't have to be up at that time or there abouts I have no trouble waking up then via internal alarm clock. Mind you, when you get up every couple of hours or so to use the toilet there doesn't seem to be much need for a clock...

That's the truth.

Three hours is a reason to celebrate.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)