2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them at the PGA show and I was disappointed in the putters. I thought i would be more impressed. I especially disliked some of the face milling that seemed to randomly stop before reaching all the way to the heel (not like the one posted above that one has clear separation between the face milling and the smooth area on the heel where the logo is the ones I am talking about did not)

Tyson is clearly talented at finishing putters but the price is VERY high considering your getting a putter that is made by a CNC machine and then hand finished. Not a completely hand made putter that takes a ton of time to make. The only reason Scotty charges that much is he has a very established brand w huge amounts of Tour success. Tyson has a very long way to go before he gets there. Let's be honest the price is all Jim Butler who needs to replace his Scotty business with someone else and figures if he tells people enough that Tyson is the next Scotty maybe they will believe him.

Example i was at their booth and Jim was showing a man from Japan all of Tysons putters and this guy said to Jim "I'm not spending thousands of dollars on a putter made by a kid I've never heard of I'm only interested in paying that much for a Cameron". I think that is how the general market sees Tyson until he gets himself alot more established.

My thoughts exactly. Tyson's putters are very nice but not $2000 to $4000 worth. If you want to compare his work it reminds me of the Machine putters and what Dave Billings can do "maybe better" and not even close to that price point. I think Tyson has made a mistake getting his eggs in a basket with Jim Butler, just my opinion...

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

If I was going to spend $3k on a putter I would buy a Cameron. Solid market and resale value if I ever wanted to sell. We have no idea where the Lamb market is going. It could be up, or his $3k putters of today could be selling for $350 five years from now.

I'd consider a Lamb around $1k though. He does make really nice putters if you're into the Anser/Anser2 head shape with hand stamping.

I guess if we really break it down maybe some of the sour taste really goes towards Jim and not Tyson. based on previous posts I think it's safe to say if you want a putter to go through Tyson directly since Jim has a pretty hefty surcharge on the putters. In his interview he said putters start at $1k but I have yet see a completed putter st that price point.

I guess if we really break it down maybe some of the sour taste really goes towards Jim and not Tyson. based on previous posts I think it's safe to say if you want a putter to go through Tyson directly since Jim has a pretty hefty surcharge on the putters. In his interview he said putters start at $1k but I have yet see a completed putter st that price point.

The problem is Tyson doesn't return emails. I tried to get a putter a few months ago and just like when he took my money and never delivered some belt buckles I ordered a few years ago he never responded to my emails.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

The problem is Tyson doesn't return emails. I tried to get a putter a few months ago and just like when he took my money and never delivered some belt buckles I ordered a few years ago he never responded to my emails.

I said some. Lol. I think he has a poor way of conducting business and if he got me for $$$ and did not deliver on product I would never try him again. Theft is unacceptable

I said some. Lol. I think he has a poor way of conducting business and if he got me for $$$ and did not deliver on product I would never try him again. Theft is unexeptable

I totally agree but for some reason I was willing to give him another chance. That was obviously a mistake. After seeing the putters at the show I'm glad he didn't respond and I didn't waste my money. When I spend that much on a Cameron atleast I know Ill get the same or even more money back if/when I sell it.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

33bd38d9cf658563cf94801545cf9b64.jpg

566e3998a0dda4f83c3db40b2df999c7.jpg14251dd8494c21719b2bf79c158aef10.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I really like this one, despite being skeptical of these putters previously. What does it look like at address?

f61d47a51100b3fae9e4e0380ea62e24.jpg

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

He should reconsider his use of the "88" stamp. Unless he's trying to court the neo-Nazi crowd... :rolleyes:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Noticed this putter on eBay this morning and couldn't believe my eyes, Didn't know David Mills was making putters for Tyson Lamb,

Patty dots on the face and a Anvil stamp, who else would it be.

Tyson doesn't have 1 original thought, far from a inovator, more like a follower.

Taylormade M2 10.5* Oban Kiyoshi Gold
Taylormade M2 15*,19*,22* Oban Kiyoshi Gold
Ping i25 5-pw KBS
Miura 51*,55*,59*
Bettinardi BB1 3/4 RJB2240
http://bettinardiregistry.com/putter-registry/7-of-7-bb-1-three-quarter-lh/

The feel with these putters is unlike any other. There's a lot to these putters that other producers don't put this much effort into.

It's ridiculous comments like this about lamb putters that drive me insane.

A) how could this CNC machined anser style putter feel any different than the others before it. Same material, no new technology, no insert. I guarantee this feels the same if not worse than any otr cameron.

B)please explain what additional work was put into this putter over any other custom maker? Byron...slighter...Mann....all others, you are saying they put less work into their putters? Yeah he uses some additional hammering and finishing techniques, but you realize many other makers can take a block of steel and HAND MILL a shape. Lambs work is all done by a machine...finished by hand.

Again..beautiful putters, terrible representation.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

The feel with these putters is unlike any other. There's a lot to these putters that other producers don't put this much effort into.

A) how could this CNC machined anser style putter feel any different than the others before it. Same material, no new technology, no insert. I guarantee this feels the same if not worse than any otr cameron.

B)please explain what additional work was put into this putter over any other custom maker? Byron...slighter...Mann....all others, you are saying they put less work into their putters? Yeah he uses some additional hammering and finishing techniques, but you realize many other makers can take a block of steel and HAND MILL a shape. Lambs work is all done by a machine...finished by hand.

Seems gimmicky to say this, but unless you felt it, you wouldn't understand. Putters from all producers are about to make the floor sink in the guest bedroom. One can make the argument about the mill, but a lot of the feel is brought on by other aspects that he's doing -- soft, terracing tri-soles for instance. There's a lot to be said for what is being coupled with the milling. If all you want to talk about is the mill, then you're only seeing one aspect; and it's not the head style, either.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

Seems gimmicky to say this, but unless you felt it, you wouldn't understand. Putters from all producers are about to make the floor sink in the guest bedroom. One can make the argument about the mill, but a lot of the feel is brought on by other aspects that he's doing -- soft, terracing tri-soles for instance. There's a lot to be said for what is being coupled with the milling. If all you want to talk about is the mill, then you're only seeing one aspect; and it's not the head style, either.

Sorry, but a tri-sole (no matter how softly it terraces) has absolutely nothing to do with the feel of the putter.

The things that weigh into the feel of a putter include, but are not limited to:

Material Used

Face Thickness

Face Milling

Sound Slots (obviously)

Neck Type/Length

Shaft

Grip

If you change any of these things, the way the putter feels will change. Usually things like face thickness and face milling will change the feel the most... neck and shaft, not so much.

That said, saying that the sole plays into the feel of a putter is just silly. Sure, it will affect how playable the putter is for a certain stroke, how it sits on the ground, etc... but if you change the sole grind on a putter, it's not going to change how it feels.

No putter maker has a magical combination of factors figured out that make their putter feel "different." A single putter, or batch of putters, may feel pretty dang good in comparison to the other things that are out there, but that is due to the combination of factors that go into that particular putter... it has nothing to do with the person who made it knowing something that the other makers don't.

For someone who says: "There's a lot to be said for what is being coupled with the milling," you sure aren't saying much about what's being coupled with the milling.

Don't get me wrong... I really like Tyson's designs, and your Allendale is drool-worthy (to my eyes, anyway), but don't talk like the guy has a "secret sauce" of sorts that nobody else has access to.

Tyson Lamb putters are nothing more than (in my opinion), very high quality putters that combine classic shapes with design elements. Some of those design elements are things we've seen before and some are not. Some are crafted by hand and some are done on a mill. The end result is almost always pleasing to the eye and they command a hefty price tag... and that's OK! Because high quality, classic putters with great design elements are awesome, regardless of who made it or what the price tag is.

The only thing that a "unless you felt it, you wouldn't understand" response does is expose your lack of knowledge about what's actually going into these (or any other makers) putters. If you have more information, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to hear it... but, please... hold the pixie dust.

Cheers,

Mike

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Just explain to me what it is, other than the tri-sole (that has nothing to do with feel) that gives your Allendale a superior feel and precision than any other putter.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

Just explain to me what it is, other than the tri-sole (that has nothing to do with feel) that gives your Allendale a superior feel and precision than any other putter.

it was forged by the hands of a master craftsman, with kindling blessed by the tears of virgins, and adorned with stamps by whom no creativity was cultivated, nay, stolen from craftsman of similar trade. ahhh yes, the forgings of which no man has ever felt -- nor ever will*.

*unless you're pompous enough to believe that paying $2k+ gives you access to metals forged to make putters never felt/rolled on this earth

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

You peons create some great entertainment. dance monkey dance!

FIFY.

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Sorry, but a tri-sole (no matter how softly it terraces) has absolutely nothing to do with the feel of the putter.

The things that weigh into the feel of a putter include, but are not limited to:

Material Used

Face Thickness

Face Milling

Sound Slots (obviously)

Neck Type/Length

Shaft

Grip

If you change any of these things, the way the putter feels will change. Usually things like face thickness and face milling will change the feel the most... neck and shaft, not so much.

That said, saying that the sole plays into the feel of a putter is just silly. Sure, it will affect how playable the putter is for a certain stroke, how it sits on the ground, etc... but if you change the sole grind on a putter, it's not going to change how it feels.

No putter maker has a magical combination of factors figured out that make their putter feel "different." A single putter, or batch of putters, may feel pretty dang good in comparison to the other things that are out there, but that is due to the combination of factors that go into that particular putter... it has nothing to do with the person who made it knowing something that the other makers don't.

For someone who says: "There's a lot to be said for what is being coupled with the milling," you sure aren't saying much about what's being coupled with the milling.

Don't get me wrong... I really like Tyson's designs, and your Allendale is drool-worthy (to my eyes, anyway), but don't talk like the guy has a "secret sauce" of sorts that nobody else has access to.

Tyson Lamb putters are nothing more than (in my opinion), very high quality putters that combine classic shapes with design elements. Some of those design elements are things we've seen before and some are not. Some are crafted by hand and some are done on a mill. The end result is almost always pleasing to the eye and they command a hefty price tag... and that's OK! Because high quality, classic putters with great design elements are awesome, regardless of who made it or what the price tag is.

The only thing that a "unless you felt it, you wouldn't understand" response does is expose your lack of knowledge about what's actually going into these (or any other makers) putters. If you have more information, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to hear it... but, please... hold the pixie dust.

Cheers,

Mike

Well said. I'm not going to take this long of a time, during the day, to type out some response of significant detail. I've taken a moment to embolden your quote, if that's okay, and simply respond with this: i don't have the time sometimes to type out exact examples with exactly what you would want to read. I will shorten what I have to say. Adding to that, any of you who are literally trolling this thread, you would rather bash the putters than concede any unique craftsmanship.

Trolls hold more value in entertainment than knowledge.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

Just because he made it doesnt change the material properties of metal.

Has he:

Used materials no one else has? No.

Used mills no one else has? No.

Head shapes? No.

Finishes/polymers? No.

Inserts? No.

So, no - his putters have no magical feel. Sorry bud, if u believe that i got ocean front property in south dakota if ur interested.

You said the putter felt alive, among other things. I'm sure you knew what the responses would be, and that's ok. As long as your happy with your purchase. But responses like Mikey's aren't troll comments wether your deem it important enough to respond to or not.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link