2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

A Plea to GolfWRX on behalf of Richard

Thank you very much Bro however I am right where I need and have to be right now, with you guys posting for fun and I presently cannot travel due to a low white blood cell count and in all seriousness, I am medicated the majority of the day, am a tad sicker than I let on and have the attention span of a friggin nat, lol.

I can just see it now....

I go off to some tourney, go gallivanting to God only knows where in some fogged out haze and Maddie will get a call at 2:00-2:30 in the morning from either a hospital or a jail, haha

Thanks to all of you but I've gotta take care of business here and then I'm gonna come visit some of you and we'll see if ya still got all this love, LMAO

Plus, Richard and the Mods have been wonderful with me though could you see me medicated, on my own, with WRX across my chest and in a strange town?

Christ, I'd join Jonesy as the only double lifetime ban in WRX history, lol

Oh Dear God, Maddie's gonna s*** when she sees this, LMAO

I can't even find my way back from the cafeteria half the time :)

Plus, I make a terrible employee, I ramble wayyyy too much and I'm wayyyyyy to politically incorrect, hahaha.

Regardless, thank you all for the kind words

On a serious note, you made my weekend :)

Thank You!!

Always,

Richard

Then damn it, you need to start posting more instead of this every once and while crap. And while I'm at, what's up with all your rambling, nonsensical BS that doesn't even make sense half the time. Not to mention, your lame, boring stories. Good grief!

Everyone knows that was sarcasm, right?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HaHa, you guys are too much. My BFF Paige texted me and said that I would "die" when I went on the board, lol. Actually, if Richard were healthy I believe that he would make a good tournament reporter. He has a way with people, whether they are a professional athlete or a quiet guy at the end of the range. He is sincere and I think that people pick up on that and though he definitely has firm beliefs in how he carries himself, he does not try to impose his beliefs on others. He is medicated a lot, but he is the same man on meds as he is off of them, with the exception that he is more emotional on them, haha.

He is definitely "old school" in how he carries himself though the majority of his employees are under 35yo and they seem to love him. He gives them a lot of space, but he expects a lot out of them. I really think if he could wave a wand and do anything, it would have been to stay in coaching. He coached for his HS mentor and coached his position and ran all the guys who played on defense(if I am saying this wrong, I am sorry, lolol. I don't know too much about football, haha). His boys would come to him with all of their issues, not just football related. He stopped because of the parents and his coach asked me to talk to him but I know Richard and it was best he step away before something happened. I razz him in here on the forum but he is a very thoughtful man and Pete told me almost 20 years ago that I would never see his temper directed at me or anyone close to him and I never have. He can be hilarious and I do think the meds magnify that because they do seem to make him less inhibited, lolol. I know you all have been a huge help to him going through what he's gone through and I look forward to when he can come and meet some of you. We have three at home and I don't know if I will be able to travel with him but I will if I can. Thank you all for being there for him. Now I'm going to get emotional, hahaha. I've got a 5:30 lesson so I have to run anyway, lol. Take care guys :) Fondly, Madison

I have had the great fortune to become friends with Richard outside of WRX over this past year. He has been a great conversationalist and he is someone that I consider a mentor.

I hold him in the highest regards.

I don't know that he would be able to do this, but I know that the sentiment of this thread means a great deal to him. Having a place to come talk golf, most often cordial yet sometimes brusque, is a huge benefit to him.

As much as we all enjoy reading his posts, I promise, he enjoys reading everyone else's just as much.

Richard is so proud of your accomplishments and constantly tells people about this guy who made a mid-career switch, laughed at the PAT and is going to be a phenomenal HP. The first time I heard him speaking of you I couldn't figure out who he was referring to and asked him and that is when he told me your background. Your post sums him and his feelings up perfectly. Thank you Dan :) Fondly, Madison

I vote YES!---- Absolutely a fricking good idea----

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

Thank you very much Bro however I am right where I need and have to be right now, with you guys posting for fun and I presently cannot travel due to a low white blood cell count and in all seriousness, I am medicated the majority of the day, am a tad sicker than I let on and have the attention span of a friggin nat, lol.

I can just see it now....

I go off to some tourney, go gallivanting to God only knows where in some fogged out haze and Maddie will get a call at 2:00-2:30 in the morning from either a hospital or a jail, haha

Thanks to all of you but I've gotta take care of business here and then I'm gonna come visit some of you and we'll see if ya still got all this love, LMAO

Plus, Richard and the Mods have been wonderful with me though could you see me medicated, on my own, with WRX across my chest and in a strange town?

LMAO, I'd join Jonesy as the only double lifetime ban in WRX history, lol

Oh Dear God, Maddie's gonna s*** when she sees this, LMAO

I can't even find my way back from the cafeteria half the time :)

Plus, I make a terrible employee, I ramble wayyyy too much and I'm wayyyyyy to politically incorrect, hahaha.

Regardless, thank you all for the kind words

On a serious note, you made my weekend :)

Thank You!!

Always,

Richard

Well Maddie could send me to help look out for you---- Oops she already knows about my redneck ways--- And you stated it yourself one time way back---If you and I had hooked up and ran together when we were younger we would both been in jail or dead.

I don't know "@Forged4ever". He tends to see things from a vantage point that I appreciate.

Does he live in a castle atop a mountain made of gold/private club memberships/expensive cars too?

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

My 5:30's wife went into labor but her first child was 14 hours and she told him to keep the lesson but he said that he wouldn't be able to concentrate and I agreed, lolol, so we rescheduled. Now that's a good husband, haha :) Maddie

Well you got a break out of the deal. My life long friend his wife was about to have their first and we were playing golf. We were teeing off on the 8th hole when one of the guys from the shop came and told him his wife had just started to the hospital. He said we have plenty of time he told me we ain't quitting now because he had me 2 strokes down with 2 to play. We played in and he got to the hospital on time. That was so long go. That child born that night has graduated college now and is playing some of the minis getting prepared to try to qualify for the Symetra ladies tour. LOL I remember he went to the hospital with golf spikes on and we had real spikes in those days

I don't know "@Forged4ever". He tends to see things from a vantage point that I appreciate.

Does he live in a castle atop a mountain made of gold/private club memberships/expensive cars too?

Nope....

Live in a house on a hill, drive an SUV and I got grandfathered in under my dad's initiation, which was considerably less than had I joined cold. The SUV is German, though I bought it comin off of a two year lease with 19,300+ miles on it.

Have a nice weekend :)

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Nope....

Live in a house on a hill, drive an SUV and I got grandfathered in under my dad's initiation, which was considerably less than had I joined cold. The SUV is German, though I bought it comin off of a two year lease with 19,300+ miles on it.

All the Best,

RP

Hey RP don't forget the "Hippie Van" you posted pics one night of it. I guess you still have it

Regardless hope your doing well Richard. Love reading posts.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

I wish you the best RP. You are one of those special people we are all honored to meet, even if it is on the enter web. I think you should write a book. I love your stories. I think your responses to any thread is a valued and respected opinion. keep it going, I would like a random story thread started by you. Just random stories our random thoughts threw out the day. more so than on course golf coverages

I used to write articles for them on the occasional oxy bender. I wouldn't write it off completely...

(prescribed, of course) ;)

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

Richard had a former roommate and teammate who is a coach for the NFL California team that played the Buffalo team fly down to visit him and he's flying back today. I had late lessons and got to his room about 8:30pm and his friend, all 6-5, 300 plus pounds of him was sitting next to Richard's bed with his legs stretched out onto Richard's bed watching the football channel and sharing Doritos with the two old guys from the rooms next to Richard, lol. Apparently his team got beat badly yesterday and one of the guy's favorite team is this NY team and he's a little thing, shorter than me(5-7) and it was cute him telling Richard's friend how he would have run by him and around him if they played against each other. Richard slept through the whole thing, hahaha. That is what I think would happen if he travelled. He would be out by 8-8:30pm, lolol. I met his friend at a reunion but we didn't talk that much but I commented that it meant a lot to Richard, him flying in especially after losing the game. He told me of when his professional career ended and he was not ready for it to end(who is?) but a severe knee injury ended it. He had contemplated suicide. This may sound odd to some of you but you have no idea of the mindset that it takes to play any professional sport, much less start(which he did) or be a star and to have it suddenly yanked out from under you in your mid-20's or even 30's is very hard for some to handle. Richard spoke to his wife and got on a plane and flew across the country the next day. He told me that Richard saved his life because noone, even his wife, understood his feelings. He said he could never repay that. When I told Richard this this morning he just shrugged and said that he exaggerated, lol. Richard exaggerates too but it is usually in minimizing his impact on others. He really does not see his impact, which I guess is a good thing because then he REALLY would be insufferable, hahaha. Have a nice day :) Maddie

Nope....

All the Best,

RP

Hey RP don't forget the "Hippie Van" you posted pics one night of it. I guess you still have it

Hi Stu :) No, that van died, thank God, hahaha. My friend Paige called that the "perv" van, lolol. We would take it when we did our "kiddie klinics" and had to take cones, pins and clubs but it was horrible. Richard's friend Dave spray painted "what you staring at beeatch??," on the back doors and we had to use it the next day for a clinic at which it would be all children between 10-12yo in addition to their parent, most of whom were mothers. We stopped at Home Depot to get spray paint and I could not match the "baby" blue color so in honor of Richard Paige got neon pink, lol. He then took the van in that afternoon over to the club for the swat. We were so embarrassed driving in it and it was like Richard almost took pride in driving into the men's lot and parking between a Benz and BMW or whatever was in the lot, hahaha. Its sitting in his back yard and had a peaceful passing, lol. Take care Stu :) Fondly, Maddie

Can't add much, but at least, I can follow this topic.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

I used to write articles for them on the occasional oxy bender. I wouldn't write it off completely...

Hey Bro, I hope all's well :)

Writing from the safety of my room or house is one thing, lol

Though like Madison said, I'm asleep by 8:00-8:30 most nights and I've got Sundowners and I'm up around midnight and up for most of the rest of the night, lol.

Yea, some of my best writing has been under the influence though I do hit the bunkers and rough more and I lose a lot of balls, haha

Stay well my Friend :)

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Hey Bro, I hope all's well :)

Writing from the safety of my room or house is one thing, lol

Though like Madison said, I'm asleep by 8:00-8:30 most nights and I've got Sundowners and I'm up around midnight and up for most of the rest of the night, lol.

Yea, some of my best writing has been under the influence though I do hit the bunkers and rough more and I lose a lot of balls, haha

Stay well my Friend :)

My Best,

RP

Everything is fine here, Richard. Except sitting...and standing...and sleeping. Mostly anything ending in "...ing."

You know how it goes, I'm sure.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

Nothing... NOTHING causes more incoherent rambling than this haha. Good golfing too though.. gotta stay loose.