2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

I didn't have to pay for the premium. Since the Charleston area country club didn't have a handicap person I became the chairman of the club so I get pro version for free :-) and it's really not that difficult all I have to do is make sure we play at least two events a year.

Also I'm gonna have to stop excepting the friend request from you lower handicap guys… Make my ranking look bad ha ha

Forever Changing at this point.......

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have to pay for the premium. Since the Charleston area country club didn't have a handicap person I became the chairman of the club so I get pro version for free :-) and it's really not that difficult all I have to do is make sure we play at least two events a year.

Also I'm gonna have to stop excepting the friend request from you lower handicap guys… Make my ranking look bad ha ha

I'm helping you all I can.

Might want to charge your phone :taunt:

Lol you think you feel bad? Looks like I'm on "page 2"

I'm definitely not a 2.9. I only used the app for a couple of rounds so I think my handicap is actually NH (no hdcp). In the real work I bounce around the 4-6 range.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I'm

Fore Life on there, I just punch in scores and do my own stats on my card, but I'll start adding my stats in too!

Sent you a friend request.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Just saw where I can create a tour on the app! I'm going to create a test tour with everyone on my friends list to see what you guys see. Learning as we go here.

____

Looks like the app tours are most effective when we're on the same course... so, that's kinda out.

Starting March 1, which do you guys think would be better? We could either

1. Designate specific weekends that we upload scores to the app from all of our respective courses.

2. Just upload any round that we play between March and the end of October (Easiest)

3. Other ideas?

Right at the end of February, I'll post everyone that has added me so that we can make sure that we have all cross added each other to be able to watch the statistics all season, and just use our friends lists as the leader/stat board?

Wanna keep this positive and fun. We'll have a good time seeing stats adjust all season.

I am going to email their support and suggest allowing "groups" under friends and maybe even like a distance tour season for people across the map to play with each other.

Edit:

Emailed them and hopefully will get an answer. If so, maybe we can do a season where we load or take the 2 best rounds of the month? then end of the year we claim a "winner" haha

I have the free version and I was able to create a GolfWRX list. Not sure if that's the same as a group though.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I am going to email their support and suggest allowing "groups" under friends and maybe even like a distance tour season for people across the map to play with each other.

That's it. Currently the auto-groups or whatever they are called are region specific (ie. the 'tour' events) so it doesn't really work for geographically disparate people.

A manual hack, would be the custom friends list, but everyone would need to make their own, but it at least lets people keep tabs on everyone.

Off the top of my head, having a Google doc that people add their name to and that can be used as a reference is likely the simplest way to keep track of people. You'd then need to do a sync up the Google doc list with your own personal filter in Grint, via searching on the names in Grint.

It's a manual process, but without a 'Group' feature in Grint, I cannot think of a 'better' way.

Put the link in the OP and update the thread title and it's a workable workaround.

Having a bunch of random posts from people say add me, will be like herding cats.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

That's it. Currently the auto-groups or whatever they are called are region specific (ie. the 'tour' events) so it doesn't really work for geographically disparate people.

A manual hack, would be the custom friends list, but everyone would need to make their own, but it at least lets people keep tabs on everyone.

Off the top of my head, having a Google doc that people add their name to and that can be used as a reference is likely the simplest way to keep track of people. You'd then need to do a sync up the Google doc list with your own personal filter in Grint, via searching on the names in Grint.

It's a manual process, but without a 'Group' feature in Grint, I cannot think of a 'better' way.

Put the link in the OP and update the thread title and it's a workable workaround.

Having a bunch of random posts from people say add me, will be like herding cats.

It looked like anyone could be added to his "Tour" regardless of geographic location; am I wrong on this?

It would be good to have a list in the O.P. with GolfWrxName->GrintUsername.

It looked like anyone could be added to his "Tour" regardless of geographic location; am I wrong on this?

I only took a quick look, so you are likely correct; however, the "Tour" has to have an actual tournament associated with it AFAIK, which would put some geographical limits to it. Unless everyone flies into a hub like Chicago for a quick Saturday morning round ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

this is what I just got back

Hi Joshua, good morning,

Thank you for contacting us and for your feedback.

We appreciate it!

Regarding the Friend's List, on the App we do not have that capability, but we are going to discuss it so we can Add it.

However, on the Website, you are able to separate your Friends from your "Rivals" or even create a New List and have other "Friends" added to a List of Near By or Around your Area.

However, when you do this, those new lists are not added on the App. On the App you will see everyone together. We are going to work on this.

Regarding the Season you want to create. You can create a Tour. Add your Friends to it and have the Main Stat of the Tour be "Net Score (Course Handicap) so that you guys compete using the Course Handicap instead of your Handicap Indexes. And you can all play in different Golf Courses if you want.

All you have to do is Create an Event for every time you guys play. And when you play, make sure that before you upload the Score, select on the Event DropDown the Event you want that Score to be assigned to.

You can read more about how the Tour is Setup here.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

I only took a quick look, so you are likely correct; however, the "Tour" has to have an actual tournament associated with it AFAIK, which would put some geographical limits to it. Unless everyone flies into a hub like Chicago for a quick Saturday morning round ;)

We can play around some more, but I don't see a course specification anywhere in a tour event. I believe we can play anywhere and enter scores afterward.

We can play around some more, but I don't see a course specification anywhere in a tour event. I believe we can play anywhere and enter scores afterward.

this is what he told me. basically whenever we are going to play, we make an event (say March 2017) and can click that event when we play to upload the score.

Now we just need a way to figure out how to delete tors/events so we all don't have doubles because I apparently duplicated everything ha ha And we can let Nate do it as he was the one who wanted to start it. I was just messing around and didn't know I was actually creating things.

Now we just need a way to figure out how to delete tors/events so we all don't have doubles because I apparently duplicated everything ha ha And we can let Nate do it as he was the one who wanted to start it. I was just messing around and didn't know I was actually creating things.

Same here. I don't see a way to delete. You can rename and/or hide.

I say we see what we hear back from TheGrint, then in Mid-Feb we set up the official tour group and play weeks. My thought is that it would be more simple for us to have dates that are designated scoring weeks (or days if we have to be that specific). That way every round that we play doesn't have to be uploaded towards our score. Good news is we have like six weeks to figure all this out.

I say we see what we hear back from TheGrint, then in Mid-Feb we set up the official tour group and play weeks. My thought is that it would be more simple for us to have dates that are designated scoring weeks (or days if we have to be that specific). That way every round that we play doesn't have to be uploaded towards our score. Good news is we have like six weeks to figure all this out.

With the playing around I did, you can set the event to run the month. Deadline on my test one named February is 2/28. I put two rounds for the event which again have deadlines for the last day in the month. When you play, at the beginning of your round, you can choose to play that round towards the event. If you're playing a round with buddies or one that you don't feel like posting towards it, you can leave the event blank and it'll just get uploaded to your profile as normal. Won't be counted towards our monthly or however often event. Doesn't look like you can do it post round though so if you designate a round to be event st the beginning there's no turning back haha.

With the playing around I did, you can set the event to run the month. Deadline on my test one named February is 2/28. I put two rounds for the event which again have deadlines for the last day in the month. When you play, at the beginning of your round, you can choose to play that round towards the event. If you're playing a round with buddies or one that you don't feel like posting towards it, you can leave the event blank and it'll just get uploaded to your profile as normal. Won't be counted towards our monthly or however often event. Doesn't look like you can do it post round though so if you designate a round to be event st the beginning there's no turning back haha.

If you don't use the app when you play and keep score manually you can add afterward; just have to key it in manually and choose the event. Meaning post round is certainly doable.

If you don't use the app when you play and keep score manually you can add afterward; just have to key it in manually and choose the event. Meaning post round is certainly doable.

Yes doing it that way is certainly an option. Haha didn't think about that.

Well they got back to me again and I think we found what we're looking for.

NICE!

But, are they going to waive the geographical location provision?

My friend, you win. If you're premium, might make sense to name you chairman. We do need about 3 more members though.