Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

how water proof are they. Before I use mine in the rain I am curious if anyone has used one in allot of rain. I have two big tourny's coming up and would hate to ruin it. Unit works great , my bushnell is simply not as clear.

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

Wanted to offer some insight on the slope measuring discussion.

The distance between two points and the elevation change angle are constant. The arc or height of the players shot won't affect these metrics and these metrics are what the NX7 Pro measures with slope.

An uphill shot plays longer because the ball hits the ground sooner, thus it does not travel as far. A long hitter may have to club up less just because they have less gap to their next club (think about how a slow swing speed player doesn't have much gap between 7 and 6 irons if any).

An experienced opinion could be useful but it is variable based on the induvial. The formula using distance and angle is constant. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. The question was, how do you calculate "corrected" yardage for a slope without using the metrics of a player's shot? It is misleading to say the arc or height of a shot does not change the metrics of the target, because that was not the question. Obviously the target stays fixed. The consumer needs to know what adjustment the slope function makes to know how useful it is. The definition of distance to pin is obvious and the same for every manufacturer. However, "adjusted" or "corrected" distance for slope must be defined. No manufacturer is revealing what that is.

I just ordered and received the NX7 Pro with slope function. Like everyone here, I did not want to pay twice as much for another brand for the "same" features. The device is compact and lightweight. The optics are bright and clear, although I find the numbers a bit thin and off-center. The vibration tells me when I can look at the number after concentrating on the target. The case is very nice and practical. I think I will be very happy with the device. Still, I paid $50 more for the slope function without knowing if it will be useful. If I bought the more expensive brand, I would at least know they used a formula calculated by a PGA Tour caddy. That might be why tour players use that brand for practice. Meanwhile, I can simply tell myself to club up or club down as always.

I've had my NX-7 pro for just about a week now and have played twice with it (one tournament round and one practice round) and this little bad boy is amazing! I love the fact that I can turn the slope on/off with a push of the button and it gives lightning fast results. Tournament round I shot 77 w/ 4 birdies (greens were absolutely terrible) and my practice round yesterday I shot a +3 73. My final round of the Club Championship is coming up so it's up to me to trust the numbers and hit my shots. This is probably one of the best investments to my bag I've made.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I've had my NX-7 pro for just about a week now and have played twice with it (one tournament round and one practice round) and this little bad boy is amazing! I love the fact that I can turn the slope on/off with a push of the button and it gives lightning fast results. Tournament round I shot 77 w/ 4 birdies (greens were absolutely terrible) and my practice round yesterday I shot a +3 73. My final round of the Club Championship is coming up so it's up to me to trust the numbers and hit my shots. This is probably one of the best investments to my bag I've made.

Happy to hear that and best of luck in your upcoming tournaments!

We ship from Cincinnati. Order should go out today so you should have it by the weekend hopefully. You'll tracking shortly. Thanks

Got mine and played with it today for the first time. Quite happy with the quality and accuracy.

The only issue I had was that I sometimes shoot my ball on the ground 15-30 yards ahead of my cart when I stop for a partners ball and the number kept coming up 3-6 yards rather than the real 15-30. Also had an issue getting the flag when there was something in the background. Also had one hole where I was attempting to shoot the flag about 230 out but kept getting the reading to a bunker about halfway to the hole(yes the + was on the flag in the viewfinder).

Any suggestions?

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Check where your hands are located on the unit. If they get too far forward the unit will return that measurement. It's a bit fussy like that.

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

We ship from Cincinnati. Order should go out today so you should have it by the weekend hopefully. You'll tracking shortly. Thanks

Got mine and played with it today for the first time. Quite happy with the quality and accuracy.

The only issue I had was that I sometimes shoot my ball on the ground 15-30 yards ahead of my cart when I stop for a partners ball and the number kept coming up 3-6 yards rather than the real 15-30. Also had an issue getting the flag when there was something in the background. Also had one hole where I was attempting to shoot the flag about 230 out but kept getting the reading to a bunker about halfway to the hole(yes the + was on the flag in the viewfinder).

Any suggestions?

With a the smaller size it's possible to get part of a finger or hand slightly blocking the bottom lens. Try that and see if it helps.

Fat finger syndrome huh? Thanks guys I will try that!

Have played two rounds with mine and it has performed as expected. easy to use, locks on in an instant.. I typically don't use it for yards over 200 which means it easily locks onto the pin with that 6x magnification, unless of course you look thru it backwards, then OMG I'll never be able to hit the pin that far away.. LOL... The case is well made and protective and all in all I'm very pleased.

Have played two rounds with mine and it has performed as expected. easy to use, locks on in an instant.. I typically don't use it for yards over 200 which means it easily locks onto the pin with that 6x magnification, unless of course you look thru it backwards, then OMG I'll never be able to hit the pin that far away.. LOL... The case is well made and protective and all in all I'm very pleased.

Awesome. Glad your NX7 is treating you well.

• 2 weeks later...

Like this comment, if you have an NX7!

Assume you're including the Pro also?

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Yes and the Pro.

Just received my NX7 Pro and took it for a spin on a twilight round. The unit is lightweight, fast, target locked quickly, and the slope feature seemed accurate. I like the case, too. Kudos on an outstanding product at a great price point. I'm very impressed. Thanks guys.

...and by the way, I was sold by your responsiveness in this thread and the dedication you were showing to customer service. Always great to see a company stand behind its product. Keep doing what you're doing. Best of luck.

Yes and the Pro.

Just received my NX7 Pro and took it for a spin on a twilight round. The unit is lightweight, fast, target locked quickly, and the slope feature seemed accurate. I like the case, too. Kudos on an outstanding product at a great price point. I'm very impressed. Thanks guys.

...and by the way, I was sold by your responsiveness in this thread and the dedication you were showing to customer service. Always great to see a company stand behind its product. Keep doing what you're doing. Best of luck.

Thank you, sir! Have a great weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, I probably have 6-7 rounds under my belt with the rangefinder. My dad has a bushnell and we're typically within 1-1.5 yards of each other when we both get distances at the same place.

The only issue I've seen is that occasionally I'll get a reading that shows something like 7.1 yards (when I'm obviously 100+ yards out. Occasionally it'll correct itself if I shoot a different target and then shoot the pin again. This past round I did run into an issue where no matter where I shot, it would only give me between 3 and 7 yards. Finally had to take the battery out and put it back in for it to work without an issue. Apart from that inconvenience, I really think this is by far the best combination of performance and price on the market.

Titleist TSR3 Ventus TR Blue 6X
Titleist TSi3 HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Mizuno MP20 HMB 18* HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 50/9
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54/11
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 58/11
TaylorMade Tour Preferred Bandon 3
TaylorMade 2021 TP5X

At this point, I probably have 6-7 rounds under my belt with the rangefinder. My dad has a bushnell and we're typically within 1-1.5 yards of each other when we both get distances at the same place.

The only issue I've seen is that occasionally I'll get a reading that shows something like 7.1 yards (when I'm obviously 100+ yards out. Occasionally it'll correct itself if I shoot a different target and then shoot the pin again. This past round I did run into an issue where no matter where I shot, it would only give me between 3 and 7 yards. Finally had to take the battery out and put it back in for it to work without an issue. Apart from that inconvenience, I really think this is by far the best combination of performance and price on the market.

Thank you for the feedback.

As for the occasional 3-7 yard readings, this could be due to a finger or object covering up the laser at the bottom of the rangefinder. Do use you both hands when you shoot? This has been common and is easily resolved by making sure nothing is blocking the laser. If you don't think this is the case give us an email at [email protected] and we'd be happy to replace your unit so this doesn't happen again in the future. Thanks

As for the occasional 3-7 yard readings, this could be due to a finger or object covering up the laser at the bottom of the rangefinder. Do use you both hands when you shoot? This has been common and is easily resolved by making sure nothing is blocking the laser. If you don't think this is the case give us an email at [email protected] and we'd be happy to replace your unit so this doesn't happen again in the future. Thanks

I honestly haven't paid much attention to it, I've noticed it happens with 2 hands or 1 hand. I'll pay more attention next time the issue comes up, but honestly, it happens so infrequently that it doesn't seem to be an issue at all, at least not enough of one to worry about a replacement. I appreciate the service though and I'll keep you guys in mind if it starts happening all the time.

Titleist TSR3 Ventus TR Blue 6X
Titleist TSi3 HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Mizuno MP20 HMB 18* HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 50/9
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54/11
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 58/11
TaylorMade Tour Preferred Bandon 3
TaylorMade 2021 TP5X

I honestly haven't paid much attention to it, I've noticed it happens with 2 hands or 1 hand. I'll pay more attention next time the issue comes up, but honestly, it happens so infrequently that it doesn't seem to be an issue at all, at least not enough of one to worry about a replacement. I appreciate the service though and I'll keep you guys in mind if it starts happening all the time.

Sounds like a plan

I had the same issue with the short readings and have solved that one with finger placement. But I am still having an issue with somewhat obstructed view shooting. If shooting from as little as 125 up to 200+ yards if only half the flagstick is visible no matter how high I shoot the flag I get the number for the intervening mound. Any suggestions? Never had this issue with a V2.

I had the same issue with the short readings and have solved that one with finger placement. But I am still having an issue with somewhat obstructed view shooting. If shooting from as little as 125 up to 200+ yards if only half the flagstick is visible no matter how high I shoot the flag I get the number for the intervening mound. Any suggestions? Never had this issue with a V2.

We've broadened the laser on our NX7 and NX7 Pro Rangefinders in order to more easily pick up the flag at distance or for people with shaking hands. With that comes the possibility of picking up other objects if the flag is obscured by them.

As a best practice when shooting flags that may be behind hills, you should either aim just above the flag in order to direct the laser as far away from the hill as possible, while still making contact with the flag, or take a few steps up the hill or backwards so the flag becomes less obscured.