Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

We test our rangefinders against other models regularly. One thing to remember is that accuracy is typically within one yard. Our products display to the 1/10 so if you're at the high or low end of a tenth you could 1-2 yard variation. So at 112 a 111-113 reading would be within this. This is what we see with other models as well. If you're getting more variation there could be an issue and we would be happy to take a look and make sure it's correct.

Thanks PPG for the insight. I would not think any golfer on this site would worry about a 2-3 yd variation. The NX7 is top on my list for a Fathers Day gift. I do miss having exact yardage. Phone apps are good, but after several rounds lately with guys using lasers I know I need one again.

Heading to PGA SS today to check out the NX7.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Yes after using one (my playing partner) for the first time I noticed a bid difference in the AW using apps for front, middle, back yardages. Time for a Father's Day gift.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

We actually find Golf GPS Apps to be very useful and a good accompaniment to a laser rangefinder. You get data on a hole where you're looking to hit a shot to certain points that you can't get with a laser. However, you're not going to get much data to the flag with an app. We use both for every round.

Hope 19 app seems to work very good for me. The scoring and stats are awesome. I will still use it along with the laser I am about to get.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Agreed. I have used Hole 19 for the last year and have close to 60 rounds on it so far. The GPS functionality works great as does the scorecard and HC tracking. The AW functionality has been up and down. Just when I think is close to perfect they change something that goes backwards for me. The most recent update has helped a lot. I about left for the Grint as it's AW USAGEwas awesome but I hated the iPhone app. Maybe because I was so familiar with H19.

It coupled with a range finder should be perfect.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

So I have had the NX7 Pro for a few weeks now so I will offer my thoughts on it so far.

My previous rangefinder was a cheap Simmons rangefinder that I bought for bow hunting. I could get most pins inside 150 yards, but really had to hold still and try a couple times to get a reading closer to 150. I wanted to be able to get a reading to the pin at 250+ yards.

The NX7 Pro does just what I need it to do.

The nicest thing about it is that it is meant to scan the pin rather than making you hold it steady, right on it.. I had to hold really steady with the old one. With the NX7, I don't even try to hold steady, I just aim at the pin and let it move around and it picks it right up.

I haven't compared it head to head with any other rangefinders to compare distance readings, but I play my course a lot and noticed no readings that seem off in any way.

I have had no issues picking up the flag up to 250 yds and have only had trouble maybe twice at 270 or so out with no wind and the flag siting down. My course does not put prisms above the flags. I haven't really tested it much at longer distances or with different objects. Mostly just pins, people on the green, or trees from 40-270 yards. I am perfectly happy with it in this regard.

It buzzes when it picks the flag up, and it seems to buzz any time I get a reading on anything but I could be wrong. I don't really pay attention to the vibrating very much but it is a nice feature.

I have only used it on my course at this point, which is very flat...so I haven't really tested the slope feature. I do look forward to testing it out more once I play some hillier courses.

In concluson, I am very happy with it. I can't really compare it with other brands but it beats the heck out of the cheap Simmons hunting model I was using. It is much less bulky and the hard case is very nice.

I would definitely recommend this to a friend, especially considering the price compared to all of the features it has.

Driver - Cobra F8+ Black 11* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 76g Stiff
3 wood- TEE EX9 15*, Matrix Ozik MFS 75M4 Black Tie 75g Stiff
7 wood- Maltby UFW 21*, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 95x (-.5")
4I-GW - Maltby TS1 Forged, Project X 6.0 Flighted
56.12 - Maltby TSW Forged, Project X 7.0 Flighted (8i)
60.08 - Maltby TSW Forged, Project X 6.0 Flighted
Putter - TaylorMade Classic 79 TM-880

Had the chance to use mine this weekend at Tot Hill in Asheboro, NC. I loved the Pro version with the slope feature on! Was very helpful and a lot of shots were uphill/ downhill. Playing partners loved it as well.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

My Bushnell V2 and I got separated and I spent a month stepping off numbers from sprinkler heads, adding & subtracting for pin location before I had to accept that it wasn't coming back. Ordered the Prov version May 26 and received it June 3. I've used it in 7 rounds and have compared it's results to a couple others and the +/- differences have been negligible. It picks up pins and everything else I shoot with it just fine. All the reviews pretty much cover it all and for me the biggest adjustment that took about 5 uses to get was how to hold it so my hand stays out of the way. So far it's proven to be a solid value.

Yep. It valuable to know such things including distance to front and back so you have an idea how much room you have or I you know the greens well it may tell you if the green is on a hump or valley. Very valuable. My next purchase will probably be a wrist device just to speed up the process.

I've had a Garmin S2 for a couple years. Bought a Pro a few weeks back. LOVE the combo of having front, middle, back plus the flag yardage. Highly recommend the combo.

Ive had a Garmin G6 for a couple years and love having the front, back, middle distances, plus getting distances to clear bunkers for example. Bought the NX7 Pro model several weeks ago and love it. Great combination! I use it on my home course and it has saved me several strokes as shooting the flag was either shorter or longer than guessing with the GPS. Highly recommend! And a great value! Compared it with my brothers Bushnell X2 and no differences whatsoever. Great product! Just mailed in my $50 rebate!

Thanks. Why???

Why? Because there isn't really anything comparable in the price range.

The optics are really nice. It picks up the flag on the first try. The carrying case is clever and includes a carbiner which is a nice touch for attaching it to your bag.

I'd put it up against any bushnell product that's on the market.

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

Thanks. Why???

The optics are really nice. It picks up the flag on the first try. The carrying case is clever and includes a carbiner which is a nice touch for attaching it to your bag.

How does it compare to tectectec and breaking 80? How is it worth 100 more or so than those?

Thanks. Why???

How does it compare to tectectec and breaking 80? How is it worth 100 more or so than those?

I believe myself and many others have given you very positive reviews. We answered your questions. If you want to buy something cheaper and save $100, that's great. We have provided sound advise. Good luck!

Thanks. Why???

I would be careful about the carbiner that attaches to your bag. Mine broke off the first time I took it to the golf course. Thankfully it fell off in the cart loading area and I was able to locate it. Just stuck the rangefiner in my bag,

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I would be careful about the carbiner that attaches to your bag. Mine broke off the first time I took it to the golf course. Thankfully it fell off in the cart loading area and I was able to locate it. Just stuck the rangefiner in my bag,

I noticed mine was broke/defective right out of the box. Replaced it with a better quality one I already had from a spare bag.

But I love the rangefinder itself.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

I've got 8-10 rounds in mine. Distances spot on compared to buddies Bushnell. Came from V2, case much better agree the carabiner is easily distracted i.e. The tensioner comes out and the arm flops free. Easy to use, a second or two slower to pick up but you get used to it. One thing I have noticed, and its occasional, is depending on what type or how much background objects it sometimes doesn't pick up the target. Have to shoot a couple of time but not always. All in all happy with it, very good value. My .02

Has anyone had any issues picking up partial flags? For instance, you're shooting a flag that's up on an elevated green and not fully visible. For some reason the past few times I've tried getting these flags I've gotten a number half the actual distance (based on the "middle" number on my Garmin watch)

I have. One thing my Bushnell did a lot better with. Seem to need to be able to see a lot of the flag or else you will get the yardage to the hill.