Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

Played a round today and used my Pro for the first time. On a number of holes I had a difficult time pulling a legit number. One hole in particular I couldn't get a number higher than 40 yards to save my life (my Garmin watch had the yardage at 165ish). I spent a few minutes tagging and re-tagging and still the small number now matter what I tried. Other times I'd tag a flag and get one number. Then I'd re-tag and get a number that was 20-30 yards off. The slope feature did save me a few strokes on a couple holes so it wasn't all bad. Some of the tagging issues I had might be because I've never used a range finder before. Not totally blaming the Pro.

Some positives, it's very lightweight and feels great in hand. The case design is also great. Not having to zip/unzip all day is a huge plus. Overall I really like everything about it. Just hope the issues I had are on my end and not the devices.

FYI, one reviewer encountered issues due to hand interference. Perhaps it is related...

This is exactly what was happening to me and I didn't even realize it. No issues since changing the way I hold the device.

I called them Monday, they left a voicemail saying the shipment is being held up by customs for FDA approval. They hope to be cleared by today but no word on that.

I received this same messaging from customer service over the weekend. Still no update on the shipping page, debating on canceling my order.

TSR3 10.0 D1 HZRDUS Black 60 
TSR2 16.5 HZRDUS Black 70
TSR2 21 Hybrid HZRDUS Black 90
T200 4 iron bent weak PX LZ
T100 5-9 PX LZ
SM9 46, 50, 56, 60 PX LZ
Scotty NP2

Sorry for the delays we've had with our NX7 Pro rangefinders. We had a prolonged customs clearance issues that was significantly longer than anything we've ever seen. The goods news is that products are now clear and anyone who has been waiting on an order, they will be shipping tomorrow. Sorry again for the delay.

Finally arrived!!! It said it would arrive on Tuesday but came today.... I am one state away from Ohio so it shipped quick once it finally shipped. Can't wait to try it out.

Driver - Cobra F8+ Black 11* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 76g Stiff
3 wood- TEE EX9 15*, Matrix Ozik MFS 75M4 Black Tie 75g Stiff
7 wood- Maltby UFW 21*, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 95x (-.5")
4I-GW - Maltby TS1 Forged, Project X 6.0 Flighted
56.12 - Maltby TSW Forged, Project X 7.0 Flighted (8i)
60.08 - Maltby TSW Forged, Project X 6.0 Flighted
Putter - TaylorMade Classic 79 TM-880

Mine arrived today (was actually supposed to arrive on Tuesday... way to go USPS!) and I was able to take it out on the course for 9 holes tonight...

Quick review:

VERY easy to use - I was able to use one hand most of the time to capture the pin... no issues whatsoever. It's easy to toggle back and forth between slope and non-slope mode as well.

I purchased this unit because it vibrates when it finds the pin, and it does not disappoint. Like another reviewer, it doesn't have as much "vibrate" as other brands, but it's enough and does the job quite well.

I played my home course tonight and all yardages felt "right." I know that's not very technical, but after playing the same course hundreds of times it's easy to know the yardages and I didn't get any funky readings from the Pro (in either mode - slope/non-slope)... which is quite comforting.

It's also small, lightweight, fits nicely in hand, and the case design is an added bonus.

I realize 9 holes isn't the biggest sample size, but if you're looking for a solid range finder at an great price, look no further than the Pro model. It took a while to get here, but it seems like it was worth the wait.

Callaway Paradym Triple 🔹 8*
AI Smoke Max 3wood 14*
Apex UW 19*
Callaway Apex MB '24 
Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 56, 60
Jailbird

Today was the second round with mine. I also have a Bushnell X7 that I was shooting side by side with. I am pretty happy with it. Easy to use and yardages were right in line with the Bushnell. Where it fell short of the Bushnell was shots on partial flags and flags with a lot going on in the background. I had a shot yesterday with a hill in front of the flag. The top 1/4 was visible. The Precision Pro just kept getting the top of the hill. Bushnell had no problem getting the flag. There was also some holes with lots of trees in the background. Took a few scans to get the flag. The Bushnell seemed to pick up the flag a bit better in that situation as well.

All in all I am pretty happy with it. Going to keep this and sell the Bushnell. The Bushnell is just to bulky.

Thanks for the feedback on the holding issue. I'll try and adjust the way I hold it in the future.

Regarding the rebate, for the receipt do we print out the confirmation email from Precision Pro and send it w/ the UPC? Or print a copy of the PayPal email for payment to Precision Pro? Thanks in advance

Still curious about whats required also.

Thanks for the feedback on the holding issue. I'll try and adjust the way I hold it in the future.

Regarding the rebate, for the receipt do we print out the confirmation email from Precision Pro and send it w/ the UPC? Or print a copy of the PayPal email for payment to Precision Pro? Thanks in advance

Still curious about whats required also.

https://www.precisio...-rebate-details

Used it for first time on the course today and worked great. Might do a review in a few days after I use it a little more.

Driver - Cobra F8+ Black 11* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 76g Stiff
3 wood- TEE EX9 15*, Matrix Ozik MFS 75M4 Black Tie 75g Stiff
7 wood- Maltby UFW 21*, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 95x (-.5")
4I-GW - Maltby TS1 Forged, Project X 6.0 Flighted
56.12 - Maltby TSW Forged, Project X 7.0 Flighted (8i)
60.08 - Maltby TSW Forged, Project X 6.0 Flighted
Putter - TaylorMade Classic 79 TM-880

Played a round today and used my Pro for the first time. On a number of holes I had a difficult time pulling a legit number. One hole in particular I couldn't get a number higher than 40 yards to save my life (my Garmin watch had the yardage at 165ish). I spent a few minutes tagging and re-tagging and still the small number now matter what I tried. Other times I'd tag a flag and get one number. Then I'd re-tag and get a number that was 20-30 yards off. The slope feature did save me a few strokes on a couple holes so it wasn't all bad. Some of the tagging issues I had might be because I've never used a range finder before. Not totally blaming the Pro.

Some positives, it's very lightweight and feels great in hand. The case design is also great. Not having to zip/unzip all day is a huge plus. Overall I really like everything about it. Just hope the issues I had are on my end and not the devices.

FYI, one reviewer encountered issues due to hand interference. Perhaps it is related...

This is exactly what was happening to me and I didn't even realize it. No issues since changing the way I hold the device.

Or not.

Travelled to TPC Deere Run and played on Memorial Day - had the same issues regardless of how I held the device.

Going to give it one more shot at MonteWRX KC, and if I don't see improvement I'm sending it back to be replaced.

First time around today with my Pro and there was also a Bushnell V3 in the group. Did ~25 comparisons from various distances and shot each flag at least three times. At times, the Pro showed up to four yards shorter than than the V3, but was never more than one yard longer. The Pro was much more consistent. When the V3 would show 149, 150, 152, the Pro would show 148.5, 148.9, 149.7. What I found interesting was that the shorter the distance the more likely there would be a larger difference between the two.

Took the plunge on this rangefinder this morning. With the 30 day guarantee it seemed like a no brainer!

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Anyone notice distance variances to the same flag if you shoot it mulitple times? For instance 112, than 114.8, than 116, than 112.5?

Yes, occasionally this happens to me. Since it picks up the target really fast I usually scan the target a few times and it ends up giving me the same number on the third try as it did the first try. I wonder if Precision Pro could shed some light on why it does this though.

You guys are making not want to pull the trigger (pun intended) on one of these. Fathers Day gift for myself with be a laser and this one is at the the top of my list. I had a Bushnell Tour X I hated because you can never get a consistent yardage. Same Precision Pro?

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

You guys are making not want to pull the trigger (pun intended) on one of these. Fathers Day gift for myself with be a laser and this one is at the the top of my list. I had a Bushnell Tour X I hated because you can never get a consistent yardage. Same Precision Pro?

Uh oh. I too am "getting" one from the kids as my Father's Day gift. AKA , buying one myself and telling them thanks. The caddytek, NX7 pro and tour x (from Costco) are the narrowed down choices. I was leaning bushnell Tour x.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Tour X was terrible for me. I sold it. Just saying.
hmmm

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Anyone notice distance variances to the same flag if you shoot it mulitple times? For instance 112, than 114.8, than 116, than 112.5?

For me that is still one club for those yardages. I've got about 4-6 rounds and about the same in range visits and not had an issue. One time I had 1/3 of the flag to hit on an elevated green and obviously missed all 3 times and flew the green by a full club. That's about all that I can complain about.