2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos Γ—

March Madness 2017

knock it close

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a pool where you buy in for $40 and receive 200 "points". You can bet on any games of your choosing as long as you bet at least half your points each round. There's a lot of strategy to it based on where you sit in the posted standings at the end of each round. I always do terrible but it's still fun.

That's a cool idea. Do you guys just do full ats or do you do over/under and half time lines too?

Β 

Β 

My favorite game I've ever done was called Cover5. You pick up to 5 games each round ATS and your score is based off how much they cover by. So if you take a 8 pt dog that wins by 2 you get 10 points. Obviously you can adjust how many games you have to take each round but I really enjoyed the format

Β 

Full game lines only, no HT's or O/U's.

Β 

I just bet the farm on Xavier!

I'm in a pool where you buy in for $40 and receive 200 "points". You can bet on any games of your choosing as long as you bet at least half your points each round. There's a lot of strategy to it based on where you sit in the posted standings at the end of each round. I always do terrible but it's still fun.

That's a cool idea. Do you guys just do full ats or do you do over/under and half time lines too?

Β 

Β 

My favorite game I've ever done was called Cover5. You pick up to 5 games each round ATS and your score is based off how much they cover by. So if you take a 8 pt dog that wins by 2 you get 10 points. Obviously you can adjust how many games you have to take each round but I really enjoyed the format

Β 

Full game lines only, no HT's or O/U's.

Β 

I just bet the farm on Xavier!

Good bet, being an FSU fan would suck, team is uber talented yet is so hit or miss, Baylor without the bright Unis

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Fwiw, these commercials with Barkley, Jackson, and lee are pure gold.

Β 

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Β Doomed is yourΒ soul and damnedΒ is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member. Β  The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Β 

Β 

Go gamecocks ! So glad to see them show the nation what a defensive powerhouse like like.

Β 

Man are they physical. A terrible matchup for a very soft Duke team. I say that as a disappointed Duke fan.

Β 

Β 

Yea. Im a guy who normally would pull fro duke or unc depending on who is left in the tournament. But usc being my first love I had to crow a bit. This was a huge win. Possibly the biggest in the program's history. One of 7 programs in the country never to have been to the sweet 16. So big for the school I can't even describe it. In state recruiting will take this as a huge shot in the arm going forward.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blueΒ 

TM Sim2 max tour Β 16* GD Β ADHD 8xΒ 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0Β 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlockΒ 

Karma's a b**** for Duke. All those years of getting virtual home games in the NCAAs comes right back at them. Couldn't happen to a better team. This year's regionals were suppose to be in Greensboro but ....

Β 

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Β Doomed is yourΒ soul and damnedΒ is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member. Β  The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Β 

Β 

Not confident in my cats against UCLA. UCLA looked damn good against a great defensive UC team. Thank god we got some good games in the second round because the first round was a bore.

Taylormade M2 10.5Β° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15Β° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52Β° 56Β° 60Β° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

SC came out big in the 2nd half. duke didn't know what to do. i heard their stat of no field goals since the 7-8min mark left in the game from Duke? live by the 3, die by the 3. i hated that some years ago when that's all they did. fan of duke and had them winning the whole thing and should have pulled back on that decision. all year everyone has been inconsistent. i wasn't set on them until their ACC tourney run and picked them. originally wanted to pick UNC or Kansas. oh well.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Obviously I am a huge Duke fan so last night hurt. I thought last nights game was the epitome of the season. They played so well in the acc tourney and I thought they finally gelled and were going to be a tough out. I still didnt think theyd win it all, but elite 8 or final 4 for sure. I keep hearing about SC's defense but I didnt think the D played well in the second half. It kept them in it in the first half I guess to hold Duke to 30 points in the first half but to give up 51 in the second half is not impressive. Their offense clicked in the second half and Duke just didnt play D worth a flip. Forcing 18 turnovers hurts as well.

Β 

Im waiting to see what next year is going to be like. Tatum will go, Jefferson and Jones are graduating, will Kennard stay? will Jackson stay? I think Jackson stays, he has the true point guard potential Duke really needs. I think Allen has to stay to try and rehab his image. Hopefully Giles stays and can reach his potential then mix in all the in coming recruits and they will be tough again.

Β 

Not sure who I am pulling for now. Definitely anyone but UNC, but also dont want to see KY win or Kansas. Maybe UCLA to see what Ball's dad has to say. Should be an interesting tournament the rest of the way.

Obviously I am a huge Duke fan so last night hurt. I thought last nights game was the epitome of the season. They played so well in the acc tourney and I thought they finally gelled and were going to be a tough out. I still didnt think theyd win it all, but elite 8 or final 4 for sure. I keep hearing about SC's defense but I didnt think the D played well in the second half. It kept them in it in the first half I guess to hold Duke to 30 points in the first half but to give up 51 in the second half is not impressive. Their offense clicked in the second half and Duke just didnt play D worth a flip. Forcing 18 turnovers hurts as well.

Β 

Im waiting to see what next year is going to be like. Tatum will go, Jefferson and Jones are graduating, will Kennard stay? will Jackson stay? I think Jackson stays, he has the true point guard potential Duke really needs. I think Allen has to stay to try and rehab his image. Hopefully Giles stays and can reach his potential then mix in all the in coming recruits and they will be tough again.

Β 

Not sure who I am pulling for now. Definitely anyone but UNC, but also dont want to see KY win or Kansas. Maybe UCLA to see what Ball's dad has to say. Should be an interesting tournament the rest of the way.

Β 

i'm hoping Tatum stays. almost like Tyus when he left, i thought he wasn't ready for the NBA but that class had a lot of other talent who left. Tatum kinda came on late in the season and developed really well. hopefully he stays and works on his big man game down low with the ball. I think Kennard and Jackson stays along with Grayson.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Β 

Β 

Β 

i'm hoping Tatum stays. almost like Tyus when he left, i thought he wasn't ready for the NBA but that class had a lot of other talent who left. Tatum kinda came on late in the season and developed really well. hopefully he stays and works on his big man game down low with the ball. I think Kennard and Jackson stays along with Grayson.

Β 

I think Tatum is gone, hes a top 5 pick. Kennard may look around and if a lot of the right people tell him he will be a lottery pick, then I think he goes, too good of a season and his draft stock may be at its highest, but if he stays that would be great. Tyus left a year early IMO. I thought he had a solid season and was a perfect PG for what we needed. He is kind of lost in the shuffle in MN especially behind Rubio. Im hoping Jackson doesnt do this, though I dont know how high he is rated.

Β 

I read something about Giles may be going too. He was so highly rated in high school, his lack of playing isnt really going to hurt his stock. I think I saw a mock draft that him drafted in the top 20. I think he has to stay to show that he is healthy and show what he can really do against better-than-high-school talent.

Β 

Β 

Β 

I think Tatum is lock to go, he's ready. I'd like to see Giles stay, he could become dominant. I just don't see Kennard being able to guard a shooting guard in the NBA.

Β 

Since I don't have a team left, I guess I have to pull for Kansas so I have a chance to make some money.

Β 

Β 

Β 

I think Tatum is lock to go, he's ready. I'd like to see Giles stay, he could become dominant. I just don't see Kennard being able to guard a shooting guard in the NBA.

Β 

Since I don't have a team left, I guess I have to pull for Kansas so I have a chance to make some money.

Β 

He may not be able to. But I am thinking he could guard Booker or Klay just was well as anyone else. Kennard is much bigger in person than he looks on tv. Hes listed at 6'6 so he may be a hair shorter but definitely bigger than Grayson. I would love for Kennard to stay another year though.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

He may not be able to. But I am thinking he could guard Booker or Klay just was well as anyone else. Kennard is much bigger in person than he looks on tv. Hes listed at 6'6 so he may be a hair shorter but definitely bigger than Grayson. I would love for Kennard to stay another year though.

Β 

I hope he stays too. I knew he was bigger than Grayson. I think a part of the problem is they have a lot of guys who are used to being "the man" on a team. Every team needs that guy who just does the dirty work, Jones did that a little bit, and sometimes Jefferson, but it seems like not enough. No real banger. There seemed to be a lot of guys trying to win games by themselves. And not near as much energy expended playing defense, or in Kennard's case, blocking out on the defensive boards.

Β 

But I am a big fan of Kennard. I love to watch him work offensively, so many old school moves.

Thanks for posting the video. CBS station in Columbus cut in with 16 seconds left because of a tornado warning. The worst of it was the screen was black and only audio was coming through. They rejoined to show the handshakes. If anything you split screen in that situation. They caught so much $hit for it they claim they will reair it when the storm is past.

Unc. Talent over coaching and basketball savvy. Lol. Roy ball. Just roll it out. Think he still had timeouts

Β 

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

Β 

Β