2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - This One Goes to Eleven

eagle1997

Looks like I now have some 745s on their way to me.

Anyone have a shorter than normal 70-80g X flex Callaway shaft they'd like to part with?

I have an extra adaptor laying around if you find a shaft

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• eagle1997

• dcmidnight

This is why I stopped rooting for the skins a year before they drafted rg3. Bone headed decisions like paying a player past his prime tins of money instead of investing in younger talent or building through the draft. The organization is run by idiots and they keep making dumb moves like this. I'm honestly surprised how any can cheer for them when they haven't put out a good product in years. I know skins fans have to stay loyal but at least make the organization pay by boycotting their games and making them hurt where it counts, in the owners pockets.

No they don't.

There's no rule of man that says you can't be a fair weather fan. Ignore them when they suck and watch them when they're good.

Or switch teams.

Or stop rooting for any team at all.

We're not cavemen fighting over scarce resources with rival tribes.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Ok I am back from Florida. Weird trip to say the least. TSA was in my bags on the way down and the way back. Actually I took my camera this time but it disappeared from my bag. $400 gone.

You put a small valuable piece of electronics in your checked bag? Heck I dont even leave my rangefinder in my travel case.

(PS - sorry that does suck. Its worth reporting though, most baggage inspection areas are heavily monitored by cameras)

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

When I was growing up, the Patriots were the laughing stock of the NFL. I think there were a couple of 1 or 2 win seasons, I spent 20 years or so rooting for the dregs of the NFL. I guess younger folk dont remember when the Patriots were essentially the Browns of the NFL.

Dont worry Skins fans, it will come back around.

Not as long as Dan Snyder owns the team.

So the Skins trade for a older version of what they already had. Maybe he can run a little better and cost a fraction less less. Adding a budding defensive star and a draft pick to the equation boggles the mind. Was there really that much market for Alex Smith? Since Cousins seemed destined to leave Washington I am glad they acquired another experienced QB to step in but I don't think it is an upgrade. The fragile defense took a big loss. I suppose the draft pick is a wash since the Redskins will be compensated with the same when Kirk signs elsewhere. I hope I am wrong but something stinks about this transaction, hopefully Andy Reid hasn't fleeced Washington again.

It continues to amaze me how such a successful business man (Danny boy) could screw up a flagship franchise for as long as he has. 20 +/- years. I get it that a NFL franchise is a money making business and Snyder's focus over the years has been the bottom line but how much more could he make if he would put a consistent winner on the field? Jack Kent Cooke was as shrewd a business man as there ever was and he understood winning and the financial rewards that come with it. Jerry Jones, the Rooney family, Bob Kraft, the Mara's, Bisciotti and many others get it. What is so hard to understand? Just win. Full stadium, big advertising $$, merchandise $$, media $$--just win. Teams don't have to necessarily win multiple Super Bowls or even have high win count seasons every year. Just have a good chance every year, contend late in the season. Be a winner. Make lots of money. Unfortunately Danny is only in his mid 50's and is likely to own the team for many years to come. As a die hard fan I need to accept mediocrity which is hard to stomach after being around for the success of the 70's and 80's.

I say tee area because there are no tee "boxes" per say. They just stick the markers in the fairway somewhere and you play from there.

I love this. Tee boxes are artificial. They shouldn't exist.

Walked both courses in one day and am too old for that stuff even with relatively flat ground. There is a ton of sand but a fair amount of fairway to be played. Holes #10 & #14 will forever be remembered. I can not describe the green on #10.They called it the punchbowl. You have to see it to believe it. #14 is drivable even for me. I was only 10 yds off of it but still made a bogey. What is strange about this course is that maybe 20% of most every green is really useable for a pin placement. I had 37 putts and felt good about that. Greens were fast and rarely had a semblance of a straight putt. Lots of putts with 20 to 30 feet of break. One was a 180* putt of maybe 25 feet actual distance, yet I hit it about 120 feet to go that 25 feet. It also went of the green. Speaking of that I used my 50* wedge two times all day. That's it. I putted from off the greens almost every time because that was the proper play. Sometimes from 20 yards off the green. The greens are huge and some had sprinkler heads inside the greens themselves. Caddie explained that they increased the size of the greens after they were build so as to have more pin positions available. Caddie was pretty good and helped a lot, but balls on approach's can go in any direction leaving some very interesting putts. Beautiful place but way over priced in my opinion and pretty much everyone I talked too agreed about the pricing. My buddy's stay there Sat. thru Tues. and it cost them $3600 for food, stay and play. That's a bit expensive. They really like the steak house and the Italian restaurant. Said the food and rooms were great.

Top 100---maybe, I can see that. Over priced--- pretty sure. Would I do it again --- Red and hopefully Blue YES Black No

Love all of this. And, I agree, it's overpriced. It's cool.

Can someone make a course that's weird with huge undulating greens, wide fairways, and it's not $265 a round in the middle of nowhere?

If I had $3600 to spend, I'd go back to Bandon in a second instead of going to Streamsong.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

$3600 for 3 nights has to be for more than one person. I've stayed there. It was very pricey. It was not $1200 a night pricey. No chance.

But yeah you really dont know the definition of 'middle of nowhere' until you stay there for a couple nights. Personally I thought the hotel sucked, wouldn't go back unless I could stay in the rooms that are in the clubhouse and just stay/play and eat at the one restaurant there.

Loved the golf though.

Cousins gone is the right move in January 2018. But only because of years of terrible treatment of him. Magagement treated him as a commodity and he felt it. If he had other people knocking on his door, why would he stay here? The team knows that just like everyone else in the area. Smith is a good plan B. A solid starting QB is way more important than a CB.

What you described on the Black course sounds pretty fun to me, Kent.

I actually think so too. I also feel like there are 1 or 2 greens on the Black Course that are consistantly getthing the most comments.

This is why I stopped rooting for the skins a year before they drafted rg3. Bone headed decisions like paying a player past his prime tins of money instead of investing in younger talent or building through the draft. The organization is run by idiots and they keep making dumb moves like this. I'm honestly surprised how any can cheer for them when they haven't put out a good product in years. I know skins fans have to stay loyal but at least make the organization pay by boycotting their games and making them hurt where it counts, in the owners pockets.

No they don't.

There's no rule of man that says you can't be a fair weather fan. Ignore them when they suck and watch them when they're good.

Or switch teams.

Best advice from City.

Adults should not get angry about professional sports.

"all organizations are a reflection of their leadership" - 2moreTerps. So yes, the redskins are screwed because of Snyder.

That said, the perception of them is several years behind the times. They have quietly built a very strong and deep roster. the extent of their injuries this year was absurd. They were one of the handful of teams, and it happens every single year, that was decimated. if they had a normal rate of injuries they likely would have been a playoff team.

the strategy behind the alex smith trade makes complete sense and is in line with their secretly solid team building philosophies of the past several years. basically they're saying the following:

getting a QB like brady, brees, or rodgers is luck.

we're not counting on luck. (every single team that drafts a QB early in the first round is betting on luck. sometimes they're peyton manning or carson wentz. sometimes they're ryan leaf or RGIII. NO ONE has any idea which is going to be which).

if we're not counting on luck we're going to bet that we can win with an affordable mediocre QB and a good solid team that surrounds them

now, maybe you don't like fuller being part of the trade. i get that. but to me, that's the wrong way of looking at it. Everyone is going to have draft picks that work out. and those that don't. Everyone is going to have signings that work. and those that don't. \

The ONLY thing you can control is the strategy of the decision making process. and that has been solid for several years. people have this idea that certain GMs are geniuses. that's not true. no one KNOWS who is going to be good and who isn't. it's like picking stocks. certain people get lucky and are labeled good. there is no smart, there is only dumb. and this wasn't dumb.

Here's the other thing. Cousin's was not going to sign. And if he wants it, someone will give him "stupid" money. so that WOULD have been dumb.

$3600 for 3 nights has to be for more than one person. I've stayed there. It was very pricey. It was not $1200 a night pricey. No chance.

But yeah you really dont know the definition of 'middle of nowhere' until you stay there for a couple nights. Personally I thought the hotel sucked, wouldn't go back unless I could stay in the rooms that are in the clubhouse and just stay/play and eat at the one restaurant there.

Loved the golf though.

$300 bottles of wine add up quick. They did stay at the club house rooms. They have two restaurants there as I was told.

I think you lose all ability to complain about how pricey a restaurant or golf resort is if you're buying $300 bottles of wine.

mrtsnickers.jpg

Those 8 guys probably have no problem with the money. All of them own businesses or restaurants that are very successful. They have side bets in the thousands on the golf. One reason I never travel with that group anymore, They would bet on who farts first and it would be for a thousand buck bet. They just thought it was over priced for the product presented.

Huh? Tee boxes are no more artificial than an entire golf course. Stop being silly.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

That whole day cost me about $600 and I did not mind. I had fun and enjoyed both courses. The Black was just a little to much of the kind of course that is not my favorite, but still nice. Different but nice. Links types are not the thing I would play everyday or belong too. The shot making was fun, but not for basically all 14 holes. Depending on the right bounce over and over gets a little old, maybe not for someone with more skill then me though. Those greens were tough, so it was imperative to be in the right spot. You will see, it will test your patience.

PS my buddy got us on at a discount and I paid the regular replay rate plus a caddie fee & tip

Huh? Tee boxes are no more artificial than an entire golf course. Stop being silly.

Golf courses need a hole, period.

Everything else is artificial. We don't need to make it worse by making tee boxes. Mow down an area and stick markers in the ground.

That kind of soft thinking leads to wanting relief from divots.

Original rules of golf :

#1 Tee it up within a club length of the hole.

#2 Your tee must be upon the ground.

I think #2 was because someone was levitating his ball with his mind.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

During the Hero event they were saying the new Nicklaus resort course...I think its on the same island...had just mowed down areas with no official tee boxes. Pretty sure the way they explained it was that every morning the grounds crew re-sets the tee markers on every hole but they keep the total about the same yardage. It sounds like an excruciating amount of work every day. But say you wanted to stay there and play the "6400 yard" tee markers - you would be playing a "diferent course" every day. Seems like you would need a lot of extra land to make par 5s into par 4s and vice versa but it seemed like a pretty cool idea.

i see both sides of the cousins/smith deal.

- agree with 2MT: cousins was NOT going to sign. he wanted out. exception: if the skins gave him $80 mil -all guaranteed- for a 3 year deal. then he could be a UFA when he turns 33 for 1 last big contract. i see him in denver in the playoffs next season.

- there was also going to be a market for alex smith in the offseason. his deal is basically in line with what another team would have given him (i think). colt mccoy is not and never will be a viable nfl starter. skins needed a qb.

- losing fuller - no question that blows. still on his 3rd round rookie deal too... cheap, excellent players are hard to come by.

- andy reid seems to dump aging qbs at exactly the right time (see: donovan mcnabb).

- in reality, this doesn't affect me a whole bunch. loved the skins as a kid and have just drifted away over the past decade. i just don't care as much. i used to live and die with their wins and losses... now i just go out and play golf on sunday afternoons in the fall.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

City, how were the teebox to fairway connections at Bethpage?

Not quite wide enough.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Fellow dingii, I present to you the new and improved 13th hole at NW.

23p0br.jpg

The changes:

- expand the back tee box forward, and have the front of that box be the new blue tee location.

- cut down a bunch of trees on the left, and plant native grass

- cut down trees along the stream line on the right side of the hole and extend the rough to the stream

- expand the fairway

- add center line bunker to dictate strategy off the tee (it's ~240+ carry from blue, and more from back)

- add tight mown areas right of the green (collection/chipping area), and behind the green (it slopes towards the green back there, so it's like a backstop you could use for approaches and/or play around the greens

- move the cart path

You're welcome.

No they don't.

Or switch teams.

Shoot, I wish the people I know knew they didnt have to keep rooting for a terrible organization. But they make the same excuses of "all good, there's next year!" and I keep telling them that's the attitude why Dan Snyder doesnt give an eff whether the team wins or loses cause money is pouring in. I tried having a discussion with a friend on this deal (diehard skins fan) and he just kept saying "people just hating, #HTTR!".

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

Anyone read the stories about the new NFL stadium in Atlanta - they slashed prices on all concessions and the total spending actually went up. I'm talking like $2 sodas, $2 hot dogs, stuff like that across their whole menu. Heard it on the radio a few days ago, might have to find the chart they were talking about.