2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - This One Goes to Eleven

eagle1997

Did anyone watch "American Crime Story : OJ Simpson"? Not the ESPN documentary, but the FX series with Cuba Gooding and David Schwimmer and Sarah Paulsen?

They're doing another one about the killing of Gianni Versace. It's pretty entertaining so far. I remember the killing of Versace but I don't remember all the details of the killer. Penelope Cruz plays Donatella Versace. Judith Light (from Whos the Boss) was in the most recent episode.

This guy is good in it. . .you might know him from New Girl. I know him as one of the Florida mortgage brokers in The Big Short.

MV5BMjA5NjQxMzQyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzUxMjE3MTE@._V1_UY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• eagle1997

• dcmidnight

So did the Whistle Pig see his shadow or not? What does this mean anyway?

It means people need to get a forecasting app for their phone. All I know is it means its going to be damn cold this weekend and I'm glad I leave for the Keys next week.

I just ordered a bottle of the WhistlePig Farmstock. Its their first release that includes any juice 100% sourced off their farm - trees for the barrels, water and home grown rye. Enjoyed the 10 and 15. I know even just having a partial mix is a small step but the whole "locally sourced" thing is something they've been working towards for a long time. Most/a lot of American ryes are still made with juice from MGP in Indiana.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Nerfy, any good recs here?

http://www.thewinesource.com/beer-menu

Going to pick up something nice for Superbowl Sunday. Probably two nice things.

There's some Burley Oak there, but the 17 & 18 (a quad, and a cider) look VERY interesting.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

So jelly you guys have a place like that up there. The Total Wine near us usually has @ 4 or 5 beers on tap but its nothing too exotic. The had a Hardywood Raspberry Stout that was pretty good but there are usually only a handful of choices.

There's some Burley Oak there, but the 17 & 18 (a quad, and a cider) look VERY interesting.

The RAR Neapolitan Complex is fantastic. Strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. Look is bad, but taste is great. Sounds weird, but it works.

Haven't had the Burley Coogi, but the older versions were really solid.

Can never go wrong with the Bruery!!!! And cider is always a good choice.

So jelly you guys have a place like that up there. The Total Wine near us usually has @ 4 or 5 beers on tap but its nothing too exotic. The had a Hardywood Raspberry Stout that was pretty good but there are usually only a handful of choices.

You can't believe the business the place does.

On a Friday evenings (say 5-7PM), there's basically a non-stop line (one line) for ~5 registers. . .one customer right after another, with people doing wine/booze/beer. I don't know how much they're really doing, but if you told me they're ringing up $500 (across the registers) every 5 minutes for 2 hours straight I wouldn't be surprised. Similar on Saturdays, and just regular busy every other day of the week. Amazing staff. Wide aisles. Very clean. It's the best liquor store I've ever been in. Not the biggest and parking is a nightmare. I figure I spend $1500-$2000 there a year and my mother-in-law does more than that. We bring her $1000+ worth of wine a few times a year.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

The RAR Neapolitan Complex is fantastic. Strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. Look is bad, but taste is great. Sounds weird, but it works.

Neapolitan, like the ice cream. LOL. Yeah, I'll give that a sample. Thanks.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Neapolitan, like the ice cream. LOL. Yeah, I'll give that a sample. Thanks.

Yup.

26239130_1669108216480941_2585837856147299926_n.jpg?oh=74bbe670279c8c0d9312cbc5a84344f0&oe=5B22D1D7

Jelly x100 for having wine/booze/beer all in one store.

That looks amazing whatever that is lol.

On a Friday evenings (say 5-7PM), there's basically a non-stop line (one line) for ~5 registers. . .one customer right after another, with people doing wine/booze/beer. I don't know how much they're really doing, but if you told me they're ringing up $500 (across the registers) every 5 minutes for 2 hours straight I wouldn't be surprised. Similar on Saturdays, and just regular busy every other day of the week. Amazing staff. Wide aisles. Very clean. It's the best liquor store I've ever been in. Not the biggest and parking is a nightmare. I figure I spend $1500-$2000 there a year and my mother-in-law does more than that. We bring her $1000+ worth of wine a few times a year.

Is this the store on Lochaven & Joppa City?

Seems like lostgolfballs.com is having a winter sale. Not sure how long it's going on for though

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

Is this the store on Lochaven & Joppa City?

No. That place is bigger, but not as nice, IMO, and I don't think they have a big section of beer on tap.

This place is in Hampden, very near Five & Dime.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I think I went to that place with you City, but my bmore directional compass is weak, so maybe it was somewhere else. Definitely dont get places like that in MoCo. The MoCo liquor stores are pretty darn good, but Id give most of that up for a good beer shop or ability to buy beer at the grocery store. I grew up in Missouri where you can buy everything at thr grocery store, and it was magical.

I think I went to that place with you City, but my bmore directional compass is weak, so maybe it was somewhere else. Definitely dont get places like that in MoCo. The MoCo liquor stores are pretty darn good, but Id give most of that up for a good beer shop or ability to buy beer at the grocery store. I grew up in Missouri where you can buy everything at thr grocery store, and it was magical.

Down. Town. Crown.

Golf Talk Friday : What is your favorite hole at whatever you consider to be your home course?

I still haven't figured all this out for Turf.

Took me a long time to figure out what my favorite course was.

4 on Hialeah is probably the best hole out of the 36, but it's hard to make it a "favorite" because there are some annoying aspects to it. It's very good from both "blue boxes" and very good, and different from the white box. It's an amazing green. There are 4 distinct pin locations on it that require very different shots and you need to be in the right portion of the green for every pin or it's a very difficult 2 putt. There's no "good miss" into the green.

From the back box, it requires a long straight drive, then a well struck long iron. From the whites, it requires a fade, and rewards a good shot with a wedge in while the "bail out" gives the golfer a much tougher shot in with a mid iron.

What's annoying? There is no earthly reason why the left side is OB. If they cleared out the woods left (and removed a bunch of trees), it would be a better hole.

WHY???

Capture.jpg

Still, I probably like the 3rd at Hialeah better. I like O2 quite a bit.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Wait can you not even buy like normal beers at the grocery store? That would blow.

Not in MD. We always need to make two trips.

In Maine, you can buy Beer, wine and booze in the grocery store.

Beer and wine for sure in the 7-11's, maybe even booze. I can't remember.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Wait can you not even buy like normal beers at the grocery store? That would blow.

Not in MD. We always need to make two trips.

In Maine, you can buy Beer, wine and booze in the grocery store.

Beer and wine for sure in the 7-11's, maybe even booze. I can't remember.

So VA is similar only in that you cant buy booze in any store other than state liquor stores = two trips.

Otherwise Total Wine would be a fantastic spot.

Before Stix's? Yes, maybe.

I'm not trying to make it out like an Alcohol Wonderland. It's just a really good store, with a great staff, and the tap section is just the sweetest. It NEVER smells like there's puddle of stale beer somewhere in the store. They have a great bread/cheese/meat section with incredible cured meats, pates, etc from all over.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Sull: Where in MoCo are you? Check out Downtown Crown Wine & Beer in G'Burg or their sister store Georgetown Square Wine and Beer in Bethesda.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

There was a bullet-proof glass place near me when I first moved to Baltimore where I used to buy beer. The main thing that I remember from the place was that the guy behind the glass used to wear TWO PAIRS of glasses. He literally had a pair where glasses should be and another pair sort of in the middle of his nose that he'd look through at whatever.

You guys want to hear a joke. . .

What did the pirate say on his 80th birthday?

"Aye, matey!"

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

GTF: For now Norbeck, and favorite hole is probably 15. Great looking hole. Requires a straight ball off of tee, and with some distance because it's not a short hole (I think like 430). Tough green that is well-guarded. Just a good looking hole. The before it is neat short 4. The green is too severe for me to love it though. The front third of it is hilariously steep, and they'll put pins down there.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

Sull: Where in MoCo are you? Check out Downtown Crown Wine & Beer in G'Burg or their sister store Georgetown Square Wine and Beer in Bethesda.

Gburg is way too far, but I go to the 2nd one pretty often actually. Its about 10 minutes from me, and basically on the way home from most golf courses.