Recap: AEROTECH LIVE Q&A: Tuesday, July 17, 1pm ET/10am PT. Bonus giveaway! Ask questions now!

Thanks for answering some questions.

When playing Steelfiber i95s taper tip shafts longer than a traditional length of say 38" 5 iron will that soften the tip section and cause the flight to be higher and spin more? Or will they still play as normal?

Thanks for your help!!

Ryan

Playing the SteelFiber shafts .5” over length will not have any bearing on tip stiffness and will have minimal effect on trajectory or spin rates. It will influence the swing-weight which can have an effect on how you as a player reacts to the overall weight and balance of the club.

What separates these shafts from seemingly similar shafts such as the UST Mamiya Recoil series, or the KBS TGI series, especially for someone with a higher swing speed (115-120 with driver)?

Thank you for the question. The shafts you mentioned are also in the composite shaft category. The construction of our shaft is unique, utilizing steel fiber in an outer layer hoop wind application providing an extremely stable shaft under load. We offer the SteelFiber up to 125 g and with lower torque values which separates it from the other shafts as well. At your very high swing speed, the i125x or fc115x would be a potential shaft option.

How do these perform differently to the original SteelFiber i-series?

The new progressive tip design of the SteelFiber FC shafts delivers higher ball flight in the mid- and long irons while maintaining the classic SteelFiber launch in the scoring irons. Thank you for the question.

Is the color and finish the same as the std steel fibers except the font?

All of our SteelFiber shafts have a clear coat over the Steel Fiber material which gives it the textured gray shaft color. The logo-ed section in the middle of the fc is very similar to the silver color of the original “I” series but has some orange accents and obviously the fc model designation. Here is a link to the fc product page on out website: https://aerotechgolfshafts.com/product/steelfiber-fc90/

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions!

How do the flex in the FC compare to the regular iron shafts? Do the longer irons play softer or is it just the profile of the shaft that has changed? I've felt that the same flex of the i110 works great for me in the short irons but not in the long irons where I generally don't put a more aggressive move on the ball. I would get a lot of low spin knuckles. I would definitely like the additional height from the FCs.

Also, with driving irons being more popular, which version of SteelFiber would work best in that application? Does Aerotech see a future in driving iron specific shafts?

Thanks again!!!

Good questions. The full length/butt frequency is the same in the i and fc series for the same flex. The tip section is the area we targeted in terms of altering the profile in the mid and long irons. The softer tip section will provide a sense of load which players may not feel in the i series. Since most driving/utility irons use .355 taper tip shafts, the SteelFiber in taper tip is a very popular choice for this application…..with many weights and flex options. We are exploring the design options for these types of shafts.

How do these shafts compare to the DG pro or AMT?

Thank you for the question. The SteelFiber fc in taper tip is a constant weight shaft whereas both the DG pro and AMT (taper tip only) have variable weighting. The composite construction utilizing steel fiber is a significantly different manufacturing process from that of steel shafts allowing for extreme stability at lighter weights. Hopefully you are one of the three winners and are able to compare for yourself!

Have you guys found that you are able to give accurate recommendations based on a players current setup and swing characteristics or does the significant change in weight require a player to test different weights and flexes to get the correct setup? Thanks for coming to WRX!

We encourage anyone that is considering the FC (or any of our shafts) to go to an experienced club fitter and test the different weights and flexes to get fit properly. We realize this is not always possible so please feel free to call our tech staff and they can give you some great advice or a good place to start.

I play c-taper lite 115 x-flex, what shaft and flex would you recommend to keep my ball flight down?

Thanks

Chris

Good question Chris. Since you are looking to keep your ball flight down, I would lean towards the i series which has a firmer tip section most notably in the mid and long irons as compared to the fc series. The i110 in x would be a good fit as well as the i125 in x.

How do you balance the desire for feel with the need to dampen vibration for golfers who are looking for the performance of tour level steel shafts, but are looking at graphite for whatever reason?

Thank you for the question. SteelFiber players generally comment that mishits feel much less harsh than steel while center strikes produce a uniquely solid impact sensation. Since the steel fiber is about 5 times the density of carbon fiber, we are able to reduce wall thickness as compared to all carbon/graphite resulting in a very lively and crisp feel. And at the same time, produce an extremely stable shaft at even the lightest weights due to the unique hoop wind application of the steel fiber layer.

Im currently on your email list and the day that I saw your release email about the fc90 and fc115, there was one question that immediately popped up.

Why the switch to a 90 gram and 115 gram shaft line? Is it just to make the new bend profile work better or did you find other reasons to make a weight change? I would have thought, if it ain't broke, dont fix it so im pretty curious about this one. Thank you!

One other question actually as well, I had been reading thru some threads regarding sanding down a .370" tip shaft to fit in a .355" hosel. Some people say no, some yes, just wanted to ask and see your opinion and thoughts on this. Ive done it to a couple shafts and havent had any failures yet. (Knocking on wood*)

The weight of the fc 90 is actually 95 grams in the parallel tip and 90 in the taper tip. The reason we targeted the 90 and 115 weights to begin with is the 95 gr weight represents over 50% of our iron shaft sales while the 115 was developed to gain traction with stronger players and on Tour. We’re currently in development of a lighter weight model which will be very beneficial for players that are looking for greater club head speed and higher ball flight.

While we don’t recommend tapering a parallel tip shaft it is possible but must be done very carefully. You will just want to avoid sanding through the out layers of the shaft anywhere near where the shaft comes out of the top of the hosel. This is where all the stress risers occur and if the load bearing outer fibers are damaged in this area the likelihood of breakage goes up exponentially.

Are you guys attempting to convert tour pros (besides the few that use them now) into graphite iron shafts? Are most open to trying them out at least?

Good question. We have a full time PGA and Champions tour reps who have been very successful in converting players from steel into the SteelFiber. And yes, most are open to testing our innovative combination of materials. At this point, the SteelFiber has almost 40 wins combined on the PGA and Champions tours and approaching 20 on the LPGA.

For golfers considering the switch from the most popular OEM steel shafts (Dynamic Gold, KBS, etc.) to the SteelFiber FCs, what are the most exciting features of the FCs that help ease this transition?

The most exciting thing about coming off of traditional steel shafts into the new FC will be ease of performance as well as the feel. This shaft has all the vibration dampening benefits of a graphite shaft combined with the progressive tip stiffness which makes the shaft much easier to get the ball on your desired trajectory.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I use the i95 shaft and find it fits my swing very well. With the introduction of the two new shafts, will the original shafts still be available?

Second question: When pulling these shafts out of a set of irons, it is very easy to damage the steel fibers on the outside of the shaft. Do you have any opinion on whether this damage (that eventually ends up in the iron hosel) will impact the performance of the re-installed shaft?

Thanks

Yes the original “I” series will definitely still be available. The fc is not meant to replace the “I” series just to appeal to a slightly different player profile and broaden the reach of the SteelFiber technology.

When removing the SteelFiber shafts from an iron head you’ll want to make sure you don’t overheat the hosel which can cause the epoxy inside the shaft structure to break down leaving it vulnerable to breakage. Its best to use a graphite shaft puller that puts pressure on the iron head so it will begin to come off the shaft before there is any damage done to the shaft itself.

Is the tip stiffness in the longer irons the major change between the FCs and the original i series shafts? What type of ball flight change will you see compared to the i series?

In comparing the i series and the fc series, the most noticeable difference will be in the longer irons which will launch higher than the i series. As the graph below indicates, the wedge shafts share a common profile after which point the separation escalates. Thank you for the question.

I currently play the i95 in a Regular flex. They have transformed my iron game and I feel I have found a shaft I will stick with for many iron sets to come. However, this new version is very intriguing to me and the statement that they are based off the i95 really has me wondering the following...

How will these new FC shafts play compared to the i95 and would it be a relatively seamless transition? Am I also to assume the FC90's would be a tad lighter than the i95's?

Thanks for your consideration.

Yes, you are correct…moving to the fc90 from the i95 should be very seamless. They will be a tad lighter in the taper tip (90 vs 95) but the parallel tip is basically the same weight (95 gr). You may want to stick to the i95 if it is performing so well for you but the fc90 will give you a little more ease of load in the mid and long irons and yield slightly higher ball flight if this is something you’re looking for.

Curious about how you control the bend profiles with these. Is it the orientation of the steelfibers? Manipulation of the graphite core?

Also, let's say I was fit for a popular steel shaft but wanted to give steelfibers a go due to their injury reducing properties. If I can't have the opportunity to test, which steelfiber shafts correlate well with which popular steel shafts? I've always wanted to know this, actually.

(I'm on my third set of i95s and love them)

Thank you for the support! The main contribution of the outer steel fiber hoop wind layer is to prevent shaft deformation under load resulting in extremely tight dispersion. The manipulation of fiber angles in the carbon fiber core allows us to target specific bend profiles and torsional stiffness. The first consideration in correlating a steel shaft with a SteelFiber option would be the static weight assuming a player is not looking to make a weight transition. From that point, the subjective nature of the individual players feel becomes a crucial aspect. Feel free to give us a call if you want to discuss some more specific comparisons.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

Looking forward to giving these a try. I like the i series but they are a touch stiff in the tip for my personal preferences. Sounds like these might provide a much better fit for me.

The one question I have is fairly specific. Is the weight distribution of these shafts designed in a similar manner to the original i-series. I don't want to seem overly critical, and the i95's were pretty good but my experiences with the i110's was that they were quite a bit more butt heavy than many other companies graphite offerings in similar weights, and as a result required more head weight - almost 8 gm's to get the more common swing weights. Nice for over-length builds but a bit inconvenient for standard length builds.

I was wondering (hoping) if this might have been addressed for the new FC series?

Very roughly, what kind of swing weight can we expect for a fairly 'standard' iron head weights when built to standard lengths (and 50 gm grip)? (and by 'standard' I mean ~38" 5 iron length with a head weight around ~254 gm).

Thanks.

Thank you for participating. The introduction of the fc series was due to player feedback such as your comments. The progressive reduction of tip stiffness will be a great fit for players like yourself who felt the I series was on the firm side. As you mentioned, the balance point of a shaft certainly affects the final swing weight. Although the i110 does not have a high balance point (right at 50%), it may be higher when compared to some other shafts. The recent in-house builds with the fc90cw .355 shaft (50g grip, 254 to 256 5i head weights, 2g ferrule) came in around D2 at 38” (ungripped length). Feel free to call us to discuss any build situations.

I've been using the 110cw's for ~2 years now and I absolutely love them. My elbow/wrist pain has gone completely away.

How will the feel of the new shafts compare to my 110cw's? Will I see a performance difference?

The vibration dampening of the fc shafts will be identical to the original SteelFiber shafts so there won’t be any difference to your elbow/wrist. As we have mentioned before the trajectory of the fc shaft in the mid and long irons will be slightly higher and easier to get in the air. If this is something you’re looking for then I suggest giving them a shot.

Why should I play your shafts over the Nippon Pro Modus 120 I have in my current set. What is the advantage?

Thank you for the question. SteelFiber composite construction provides wear and tear relief from repetitive use with performance and feel that equals or exceeds steel shafts. Depending on your personal performance preferences, there could be a number of advantages. Feel free to call CJ in the tech/fitting dept if you would like to discuss the SteelFiber.

If you play the i95's would you play the FC90's?

Yes…definitely! This is the same transition I made and absolutely love them.

I play PX 6.5's, are your FC's as accurate?

Definitely can't go with a shaft that increases my dispersion. So let me know, id be interested in switching if I can maintain the same accuracy.

Great question. Due to the seamless construction and extreme stability resulting from the steel fiber hoop wind application, even the lightest SteelFiber shaft at 70 grams exhibits very tight dispersion. This assumes a player is comfortable with the particular shaft weight. For instance, the i95 has been in the bag for many PGA tour wins, but if that weight is too light for a specific player, then consistency will often become an issue. In your case using a 125 g shaft, I would expect either the fc115 or the i125 as a smooth transition shaft in which your dispersion is excellent. And just a note, there is no 'made for' shaft or a specially sorted tour issue. The shafts in play on tour, the shafts sent to any manufacturer for custom options, shafts sent to our club fitters and distributors are the exact same shaft. Hopefully you win one of the sets so you can find out!

I would think it can be difficult to get a single length parallel tip blank and a set of discrete length taper tip shafts to perform the same through out the set. Is that the case? and if so, how would you characterize the differences between the taper and parallel versions of these shafts? (wrt the stiffness profile, not the differences just due to the const weight vs descending weight nature of those types of shafts).

Will the FC's play softer than the i series?

The PW tip stiffness is almost exactly the same in the fc vs the i-series shafts but the tip of the fc shafts gets softer quicker as you move into the mid and long irons. Therefore, the shaft will play very similar to the original i-series in the short irons but will have a little more load feel and a flighted effect in the mid and long irons.

Thank you for answering our questions! What if any compromises did you have to accept compared to the current lineup in order to achieve the goals of this new lineup? I really like the i125cw that I have now but could always some help with height in the longer irons, so I’m curious what trade offs there would be or if these would just be a straight upgrade in your opinion.

Thanks!

Thank you for the question. Fortunately, the development of the fc series did not involve any compromises and is great addition to the SteelFiber line based on player feedback. With the same innovative steel fiber construction, the fc series focused on a different tip stiffness progression which will address your comment on long iron trajectory. Since it is only 10 grams lighter than the i125, you should experience a very smooth transition. The other option would be to re-shaft only your long irons with the fc115.

I play KBS 120 stiff and I'm have elbow issues. Would the 115's be easier on my elbow.

Good question. As compared to steel shafts, composite shafts like the SteelFiber do reduce the transmission of vibration which help reduce wear and tear on joints (especially hands and elbows). As for shock absorption with the SteelFiber (carbon and steel fibers) as compared to carbon/graphite shafts, there is no discernable difference. Both shafts use epoxy resin as the binding polymer. The resulting epoxy resin matrix (quality similar to jello) within the shaft acts as the dampening agent reducing/slowing the transmission of vibrations along the shaft. Even the steel fiber layer of the SteelFiber shaft uses epoxy resin so the resulting dampening qualities are equivalent to an all carbon shaft. As compared to steel, composite shafts reduce injury though this reduced vibration. The Steelfiber fc115 would be a smooth transition at a nearly identical weight with all the performance you would expect from a premium shaft while reducing or eliminating your elbow pain.

Will the FC's be even better for your joints than the i series?

The vibration dampening comes from the epoxy resin that holds the graphite and steel fibers together. Because these shafts are constructed with very similar materials they will have the same vibration dampening effect.

Transitioning from steel to graphite, steel-fiber name comes up a lot, what I am looking for vibration dampening but hopefully without losing too much shaft stability. For someone coming from C-taper 130X shafts that is hard set on changing, what would you recommend from the steel fiber line that is similar in weight and profile? What are the pro's v con's of steel fiber v traditional steel shafts?

Thanks for your continued innovation and contributions to this site!

Thank you for the question.

The SteelFiber shaft is extremely stable at all weights due to the construction utilizing the outer steel fiber hoop wind layer. With composite technology, we are able to produce the i70 SteelFiber which is as stable in the tip section as any full weight steel shaft. Considering your current shaft weight, I would suggest the SteelFiber i125x which should be a very smooth transition with very firm tip section like the C-Taper. The only con is the perception of composite shafts being unable to compete with steel performance when in fact they can exceed steel, especially at the lighter weights. Here is a link for a GolfWRX comparison of shafts which includes the i125 stiff. This may provide some useful info. http://www.golfwrx.com/231525/iron-shaft-shootout-top-rated-steel-and-graphite-iron-shafts-get-put-to-the-test/

I play and love the i110cw in my irons and added an i95 to my utility iron.

Why is it so hard to find the i125cw or any of the wedge specific shafts? I would like to try them in my wedges.

I'm glad to hear you’re enjoying our SteelFiber iron shafts. I recommend visiting one of our Authorized Dealers (https://aerotechgolfshafts.com/clubfitter-dealer/ ) and if they don't have the i125cw or any of the other wedge shafts in stock they can order them for you. You can also call any of our distributors ( https://aerotechgolfshafts.com/distributors/ ) and they can do the same.

Do you find that the higher launching long iron shafts lead to an increase in carry distance over the normal i series? I could use a bit more carry distance without having to over-swing to get it..

More carry and a steeper decent angle would be win-win!

Great question! The SteelFiber fc series, due to the tip section being more active, does increase launch mainly in the mid and long irons. Testing showed an increase in carry distance, higher apex, and a steeper angle of decent versus the comparable I series.

Chris,

I have been a fan of the i95 stiff straight insert playing irons at D2 standard length for years. I go between these and DGs300 and more recently DGs300 AMT.

These are the 2 shafts I play all my sets in and I get a lot of them.

They feel like each other. Meaning the i95 stiff feel very similar to the DGs300 AMT to me. Not exactly but darn close.

The i95's feel lighter (because they are)

The i95's allow me to "more easily" get a little extra pop to them when I give want it. Meaning I can swing a touch harder and they snap easier than the DGs300.

The i95's are a PERFECT fit for me. Great trajectory and performance. I have a real easy tempo and transition and hit a forged blade 7 iron say 165 stock and swing a driver 100mph all day.

Given that set up what is the comparable flex in the fc 90? And would they need to be soft or hard stepped to match the straight insert i95 stiff?

Richard

Hello Richard…thanks for chiming in.

Sounds like you have a good fit in the i95s but if you wanted to try the fcs then I suggest the fc90 in the f4 flex (stiff) straight in. I think what you’ll find is an even easier load and “pop” sensation” in the mid and long irons than you’re experiencing with the i95.

Thanks again Richard…let me know if you want to test a set. We would love to get your feedback.

I have been in a search for shafts that will help my elbow pain, and also help with my fatigue during 18 holes. I had ProjectX rifles, and have now switched to a lighter shaft with an insert to help dampen vibrations. The problems I seem to be having now is a bit of a ballooning ball flight.

Which one of your shafts would give me a lower ball flight, ease the stress on my elbows and still be light enough to play 18 holes relatively comfortably.

Thanks in advance

Good question. Since the answer will be based, to some degree, on the exact shaft you are currently playing, we should probably discuss this over the phone. Any of the SteelFiber shafts will provide wear and tear relief for your elbow, but it is the specific model we would need to narrow down. The i95 is generally good choice for many players. Feel free to give CJ a call in the tech/fitting dept.

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. Would be interested to hear what your crystal ball tells you about the future of iron shafts:

1) Will steel stay with us or shall the future be dominated by graphite and composites?

2) Some high end driver and wood shafts contain exotic materials ranging from kevlar to graphine. Do you see them as curiosities or as something that will eventually trickle down to iron shafts as well?

3) With the development of fitting and manufacturing techniques, are we going to see a day when regular golfers can order custom made shafts optimised for their swing characteristics?

1. Although the benefits of graphite were first realized in the driver shaft due to the light weight properties which revolutionized driver performance, the industry has been a little slower to adopt graphite shafts in irons. There are just too many advantages to composites and we are now seeing the shift of even the best players in the world moving to graphite in most clubs. I am a firm believer that graphite will take over the iron shaft category. It’s just a matter of time.

2. Aerotech is widely known for our varied use of materials. Our SteelFiber shafts are designed by adding higher density steel fiber material to the surface of the graphite golf shaft allowing us to achieve unique playing characteristics that cannot be achieved using graphite alone. The use of other exotic materials will certainly have a part to play in the future of iron shaft construction.

3. To some degree this is already part of modern shaft fitting and construction. This will continue on to a much greater level in the future as shafts continue to evolve.

What is Aerotech's competitive advantage over other brands turning out new graphite shaft offerings for irons? Secondly, do Steelfiber shafts need to be "pured" or because of the steel content do they not have a spine?

Thanks for the opportunity!

Great question.

Aerotech continues to innovate utilizing new material such as the titanium filament used in our TiFiber wood shaft. The major boon for Aerotech’s product is player success on all the major tours in the world.

Aerotech shafts are extremely uniform and consistent at any orientation due to our proprietary filament winding process which yields a seamless construction (vs. sheet wrapping with overlapping layers which can result in wall thickness variation, aka. spine). Due to the absence of a spine, spine alignment is not applicable. Both the inner carbon fiber and the outer steel fiber layers are filament wound with the steel surface layer being applied in a hoop wind orientation (carbon fiber hoop layer on non-steel fiber shafts like the Volant). The hoop wind is used on all the shafts we produce. This construction results in extremely consistent rotational frequency and radial symmetry. That being said, it is impossible to yield a perfectly symmetrical shaft 100% of the time in mass production. SST PURE provides their shaft alignment system for many players on the major tours around the world. This process by SST Pure utilizes a very advanced method to map the shaft in fine detail and can be performed on any shaft regardless of the existence of a spine. And just a note regarding SteelFiber shafts, there is no 'made for' shaft or a specially sorted tour issue version. The shafts in play on tour, the shafts sent to any manufacturer for custom options, shafts sent to our club fitters and distributors are the exact same shaft.

There is certainly some debate on the topic, but you can expect a high level of performance regardless of installation orientation.

The perception has always been that graphite just does not have the same manufacturing consistency as steel shafts, particularly in irons. How would you explain this perception away to make people more comfortable with trying graphite in irons instead of steel?

When graphite shafts first came out the manufacturing process, material science and shaft designs were not at the level they are today. Therefore, graphite shafts (especially irons) got a bad rap. With the development of new higher grade materials, refined manufacturing processes and modern shaft designs, graphite shafts can now outperform and be held to even tighter tolerances than a steel shafts.

what is keeping graphite from overtaking steel in iron shafts for amateurs (aside from price) and for tour professionals?

Good question. The long standing perception that graphite shafts are out performed by steel is slowly changing. It is just a matter of time before composite technology with its numerous advantages is the majority material in iron shafts. There are just too many advantages to composites and we are now seeing the shift of even the best players in the world moving to graphite in most clubs. I am a firm believer that graphite will take over the iron shaft category.

Any plans on making a dedicated driving iron shaft?

Thank you for the question.

The SteelFiber in taper tip is a very popular choice for this application, s

ince most driving/utility irons use .355 taper tip shafts,

…..with many weights and flex options. We are exploring the design options for this category of shaft since driving/utility irons are certainly gaining popularity.

What is the benefit of a Perimeter Weighted Golf Shaft? Your description says it increases the shaft's MOI, but how does that directly affect the golf swing/shot?

It is interesting to me especially compared to what Nippon seems to be developing with their graphite on steel shaft.

Good Question...having steel over the top of the graphite puts a full metal layer out on the surface. Because the steel is 5 times heavier than graphite this surface layer has a greater affect than it would if we had put it in the inner layers. Having it on the surface raises the shafts MOI by reducing its tendency to rotate or twist off at impact. This not only makes the shaft more stable but also transfers more energy to the ball and improves performance on off center hits.

Currently have the i95 stiff - in your testing with the new FC did the higher launch in mid and longer irons compromise or improve distance?

Good question. The testing showed, along with a higher apex and steeper descent angle, the fc90 having a longer carry. The more active tip section creating additional load and the marginally lighter weight contributed to the increase.

The new 90s are designed to fly higher in the long irons compared to the prior 95s.

What is longest new 90 taper tip shaft that is designed with the same flight characteristics as the old 95 taper tips?

Are any of the shorter 90 shafts designed to fly lower than the 95s ?

The PW in the fc90 has the same tip stiffness as the i95. This is the only shaft with the same tip stiffness in both sets. The rest of the set gets softer in the tip quicker than the i95. There is no shaft in the set that is designed to hit the ball lower than the i95. If you're looking to keep ball flight as low as possible I would stick to the i95 or even consider the i110.

Just wanting to say thanks after being fitted into Steelfiber 110x for some i500's

I'd tried the 95's before ... but used a Canadian tour players set recently with 115's and was super impressed with stability and dispersion

Would you pair 125's up with 110's in wedges? I used DGS400 right now FWIW

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

I’m another who has battled elbow tendinitis and absolutely love your product, I wish I would have switched years ago. My question is about wedges. I play i110 in my 4-GW. Should I stick with i110 in my SW and LW? Thanks.

Thank you for the question. For players using the i110 in the iron set, the i110 and i125 are very popular choices. Now with the fc115, a player could progress just slightly heavier in wedge shaft when using the i110 in the irons. Considering all of these options are within 15 grams, any choice would prove to be a smooth transition and give your elbow some additional relief. Thank you for the support.

How does the TI Fiber 70(big fan!) compare to the hfs780? I'm looking for something around 80g, with a little higher launch than the driver shaft for a fairway wood.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

I’m another who has battled elbow tendinitis and absolutely love your product, I wish I would have switched years ago. My question is about wedges. I play i110 in my 4-GW. Should I stick with i110 in my SW and LW? Thanks.

Thank you for the question. For players using the i110 in the iron set, the i110 and i125 are very popular choices. Now with the fc115, a player could progress just slightly heavier in wedge shaft when using the i110 in the irons. Considering all of these options are within 15 grams, any choice would prove to be a smooth transition and give your elbow some additional relief. Thank you for the support.

Will the FC115's launch the ball in wedges at a similar height to the i110 and i125 ???.. designed for flatter trajectory?

Looking forward to getting rid of this golfer's elbow

EvnRoll ER9

Hello,why do you choose 90 and 115 to be the weights for the Fiber steel FC?Will there be 80, 125 or other weights?

The best way to know which of these shafts will perform the best is to visit one of our authorized Clubfitter/Dealers and get properly fit. Here is a link to our Authorized Dealers: https://aerotechgolfshafts.com/clubfitter-dealer/

Yes...we will be soft launching a new fc75 (75 grams) model later this year with our hard launch at the PGA show in January.

is a putter shaft on the radar?

EvnRoll ER9

Is there a general theme for players switching from a heavier steel shaft say S400s moving into the i125s?

I currently game X100s in irons and S400 in wedges and I'm just curious how many people tend to move into the i125. I heard they are quite stiff.

Thank you for the question. In general, the most common transition shaft in our line for players in full weight steel like the s400 is the i110. At 20 grams lighter, it is usually a very smooth transition (assuming the build addresses any swing weight issues) with adjustment of yardage the main change. The i125 is also a popular shaft for players not looking to reduce weight but needing some repetitive use relief for hands and elbows. The tip section of the i125 and i110 is firmer in the same flex than the s400......very stable shafts.

the upcharge on this is $60 per club in Canada thru PING. A great deal.

That's basically 4 physio sessions for tennis elbow.

EvnRoll ER9

is there a stock percentage increase in carry number you see in players that move from 130g shafts to 110g shafts?

is there a dispersion improvement # as well that you can quote from testing?

EvnRoll ER9

I play the i95 in a stiff flex and love them. I changed from a DG S300 and have no intention of ever going back. They are much easier on my joints, with no lost of accuracy or distance.

My question is regarding the direction of new technology. It seems everyone wants to increase trajectory. I hit the ball as high as a want, and would be interested in shafts with a lower trajectory as the selling feature. Hopefully here is no plan to discontinue the i95's with in the introduction of the fc series. I would even entertain looking at shafts with a lower trajectory. Could I step i95's to achieve that?

Thank you for the support. The i95s are certainly not going anywhere...…..too many sets on tour!! They will remain a staple in our line for many years. You could hard step the i95's which would firm up the tip section even more which would have a marginal effect on ball flight. This would potentially reduce your trajectory.

Where do you see your lineup expanding to in the future?

Driver PXG Black OPS 9 deg with Tensei white 65

4 wood PXG Black OPS 17 deg with Tensei white 75

Callaway Apex UT #3 driving iron with DG mid 115

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 s300

Wedges Ping S159 54s and 60s with DG s300 

Odyssey Ai-one Jailbird Cruiser 

Pro V1