2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

In Gee Chun

KBong

In Gee seems to suffer from ailments.

Is it not odd that a 23 year woman already has bags under her eyes.

I don't like the short hair cut...to the casual fan...they'll now confuse her with Sung Hyun Park.

I really wish In Gee would get healthy and be a consistent winner...she's so easy to like and to root for...she's outstanding when you watch her play live and see her interact with the fans.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiOK-Q9g73y/?hl=en&taken-by=ingeechun_dumbo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Gee is a pretty special player. When she came over to the LPGA, it was very exciting ... and she delivered! Her 2016 season was amazing. And like you say, her attitude and kindness are phenomenal. Even above her ability, that's her special trait. Just an angel!

I don't know if In Gee is significantly more fragile than anyone else out there or not. Not much to say about it, I'm sure she wants to be at her best too. The worst unknown is if her back still pains her. Still angry about that. But anyway she plays a pretty full schedule and looks lively when she's on. Like you say can just hope for the best.

I'm sure she will win. Just going to take longer (for anyone) with the ever-tougher and unpredictable field nowadays. Honestly, at this point in this roller coaster season I feel like anything could happen each new week.

In Gee is super pretty in that pic, as usual, no problems. Haircut worried me a little, if it signals a change in attitude... I hope her attitude never changes. But I'll always be a fan.

Like many, I have been bit concerned for In Gee with her health. Looking at this latest photo of her, she looks fabulous as usual - but in a different way. It's all good! I generally don't mention how affecting I find this woman, for the worry of seeming a little creepy, but yes, I truly adore her. Really looking forward to her teeing it up this week, and putting on those sweet swings on the ball!

I don't like the short hair cut...to the casual fan...they'll now confuse her with Sung Hyun Park.

I really wish In Gee would get healthy and be a consistent winner...she's so easy to like and to root for...she's outstanding when you watch her play live and see her interact with the fans.

https://www.instagra...ingeechun_dumbo

What an odd post

Nothing else to say really, apart from maybe get out of the house more?

Like the OP I was once seriously smitten with Ms. Chun. At her peak, around the time she won her second major championship, I could hardly believe how comely she was. She kept it going through the entire 2017 season but upon re-emerging sometime in March of this year she began to look different. She lost some weight and her clothes looked baggy. From a distance I thought she now looked like Ji Hyun Oh (skinny KLPGA chick who wears the same hat logo as In Gee).

I would've been devastated by the haircut if I hadn't already been put off by the weight loss. But that's not entirely it. She just seems so different from the wide-eyed newcomer who swooped in and won the US Open. So much more professional and not in a good way. Why am I beating around the bush here? It's the corporate shilling I am talking about. When she debuted her new haircut on social media, her comment was like "I love this new TAG HEUER matte black watch with my new short hair!"

Really I think that fame, and all its demands has spoiled her. It was inevitable probably. She couldn't remain that sweet innocent country bumpkin with the awesome golf swing forever. Don't get me wrong, she still seems sweet. But she also seems more preoccupied now with being a celebrity than buckling down and striving to win golf tournaments.

Hmmm....seems like I'm getting a lot of heat with this thread.

OK....I'll come clean....I'm the President of The Flying Dumbo Fan Club and just wanted to shill for In Gee because with her new haircut and now a similar appearance to Sung Hyun Park......I don't want Namdalla's fangirls to come over to our side and interfere. :taunt:

post-371465-0-63356100-1437504135.jpg

Why am I beating around the bush here? It's the corporate shilling I am talking about. When she debuted her new haircut on social media, her comment was like "I love this new TAG HEUER matte black watch with my new short hair!"

Really I think that fame, and all its demands has spoiled her. It was inevitable probably. She couldn't remain that sweet innocent country bumpkin with the awesome golf swing forever. Don't get me wrong, she still seems sweet. But she also seems more preoccupied now with being a celebrity than buckling down and striving to win golf tournaments.

Agree.....In Gee is shilling hard....maybe she needs to....look at how long it took her to find another sponsor when she no longer represented Hite.

Who know what's In Gee priorities are nowadays....winning or bank balance?

But I don't have to tell you that it all comes down to THE MIGHTY DOLLAR....and pro golfers know it.

e.g.) one win Gulbis has made $4.9M in LPGA earnings....as a 17 year LPGA veteran.....I'm guessing Natalie has made $20-30M in endorsements, if not more.

Look at Phil.....doesn't he make like $40-$60M per year in sponsorships....it's his phony thumbs up's and signing a ton of autographs that churns his ATM...not so much with his play of late between the ropes....and yes I like FIGJAM....and his 'humbleness" :taunt:

This thread is legitimately disturbing.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

Judge not lest ye be judged. Like I am such a weirdo anyways. (Man I ought to dig up some of the far out speculations you people make about your favorite golfers.) I am not delving any deeper into In Gee's business than any of you people. Just going by her social media. If you are a fan of someone, and you follow them on social media, you tend to notice stuff. I do at least.

Yeesh guys, you can't give her grief for promoting her sponsor. Then you'd have to be mad at every player for their sponsors, and GC for having commercials. That's one of her jobs. Just be glad she got a gig and with a classy brand.

Reminds me of Bill Hicks’ routine on the matter - “by the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing...kill yourself.” She’s getting paid to fluff up the product. If she doesn’t want the grief, she shouldn’t take the gig. (Actually, I’m guessing she couldn’t care any less.)

Yeesh guys, you can't give her grief for promoting her sponsor. Then you'd have to be mad at every player for their sponsors, and GC for having commercials. That's one of her jobs. Just be glad she got a gig and with a classy brand.

Reminds me of Bill Hicks' routine on the matter - "by the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing...kill yourself." She's getting paid to fluff up the product. If she doesn't want the grief, she shouldn't take the gig. (Actually, I'm guessing she couldn't care any less.)

so you're saying she's a fluffer? Asking for a friend.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

What exactly is so creepy, disturbing and cringe-inducing in this thread?

Exactly.

I state:

1) In Gee looks tired with bags under her eyes at a young age and has been prone to illnesses....ala Wiesy

2) I state an OPINION....I don't like her new haircut.

3) She's a likable pro and worth watching if one gets out to an event.

And then you state an OPINION.....that you don't like her shilling her sponsors when she showed off her new haircut on social media.

The bags under the eyes is on purpose. They are referred to as Aegyo Sal. It is a popular feature that can be accentuated with makeup and is a popular plastic surgery option.

Wow. Never would have guessed that.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.instagra...ingeechun_dumbo

In Gee cut her hair...

It's way more than that... In Gee was flowing, gracious, cute, tossed pony tail around, and flashed that smile. What is she thinking with this "alternative lifestyle profiling" chopped man's haircut? That is not some stylish short haircut. That's a bunch of bull. It would take a stylist 5 minutes to cut her hair like that. In Gee just chopped her hair off. Sung Hyun Park? Oh my goodness. Look at her photos from 4 or 5 years ago... Check her out now. She looks like a little boy. If you saw her on the street in mono-sex clothing; you couldn't tell if she was a man or a woman. Let's face it. She has that boy girl look. It is a conscious image. When a woman intentionally tries to look like that, what is she trying to convey? To me, it is not too difficult to draw clear conclusions. And now In Gee? One weekend she just hacks her hair off. And that latest photo on Instagram? Trying to be, what? Older-glamorous of something? Bags under her eyes. Some severe clothing and look that is the exact opposite of her previous image. The woman is 23 years old...not 50. Wow. I saw In Gee on TV this week in the tournament at Kingsmill. Look, IIn Gee has a round face and has to work a little to be feminine anyway. She is not Ahn Shin Ae. And we all know that In Gee can put on a few pounds, is not a petite woman. So that hairstyle is the exact WRONG cut for her. Her hair should be even LONGER than it was. And, by the way. Don't let me hear that, "It is easier to take care of.." What? In Gee has straight hair, and wore it in a pony tail. That takes about two-seconds to put up after washing and drying. I am devastated. Something is going on here. I smell a rat. In Gee Chun's entire persona, look, image, everything....has been altered. Oh man...In Gee??? Why did you do this??

In Gee cut her hair...

It's way more than that... In Gee was flowing, gracious, cute, tossed pony tail around, and flashed that smile. What is she thinking with this "alternative lifestyle profiling" chopped man's haircut? That is not some stylish short haircut. That's a bunch of bull. It would take a stylist 5 minutes to cut her hair like that. In Gee just chopped her hair off. Sung Hyun Park? Oh my goodness. Look at her photos from 4 or 5 years ago... Check her out now. She looks like a little boy. If you saw her on the street in mono-sex clothing; you couldn't tell if she was a man or a woman. Let's face it. She has that boy girl look. It is a conscious image. When a woman intentionally tries to look like that, what is she trying to convey? To me, it is not too difficult to draw clear conclusions. And now In Gee? One weekend she just hacks her hair off. And that latest photo on Instagram? Trying to be, what? Older-glamorous of something? Bags under her eyes. Some severe clothing and look that is the exact opposite of her previous image. The woman is 23 years old...not 50. Wow. I saw In Gee on TV this week in the tournament at Kingsmill. Look, IIn Gee has a round face and has to work a little to be feminine anyway. She is not Ahn Shin Ae. And we all know that In Gee can put on a few pounds, is not a petite woman. So that hairstyle is the exact WRONG cut for her. Her hair should be even LONGER than it was. And, by the way. Don't let me hear that, "It is easier to take care of.." What? In Gee has straight hair, and wore it in a pony tail. That takes about two-seconds to put up after washing and drying. I am devastated. Something is going on here. I smell a rat. In Gee Chun's entire persona, look, image, everything....has been altered. Oh man...In Gee??? Why did you do this??

Sung Hyun and In Gee look alike now but only on the surface. Sung Hyun with her new health goth line "NDL" meticulously plans everything about her look. Health goth is hot right now and he boyish handsome looks drives the Attack girls crazy in Korea. Sales are up. Everything is planned out and put together well. Namdalla cares about her image.

Meanwhile In Gee is really letting herself go and sliding down hill. In Gee's frumpy look is not going to get any girls in Korea excited enough to buy anything with that image. It looks like In Gee wants to join some type of softball team.

Whatever happened in her personal life I wish In Gee well. The Ha Na incident maybe took a toll on both of them. It cant be easy sleeping at night knowing a top rival had to quit the tour because of your fans. I'm worried about a lot of the korean players on tour right now. After Namdalla deleted 90 percent of her instagram and unverified it I thought we had another Jennifer Song situation.