2018 NBA Season

It's possible all of the legal weed may be affecting my judgement, but I firmly believe Toronto will go 78-4 and then 17-0 in the playoffs.

They look amazing! Their role players have all gotten better in some way and Kawhi looks like 2016 Kawhi

I still wish DeRozan was there

Please list the four losses you find on their schedule, cuz I'm not seeing them!

Extra credit points for what exactly goes wrong.

There's alot of talk that Adam Silver isn't crazy about dominance. My guess is they'll start 60-0 and then he will ask them to throw a few games down the stretch so that people actually watch the playoffs. Probably they will lose a nationally televised game on purpose, just to maintain the illusion that the other teams have something to play for

Probably Boston or Golden State. Plus one loss against like Orlando so they can run the "they are overconfident" stories.

Than the next night they will beat Indiana 179-56 so they can run "they had a players only meeting and are back" stories

But can they beat the Cavs in the playoffs... :swoon:

If I was the Cavs I'd sign anyone with the last name "James" and just give him #23 and throw him out there. They'd probably best the Raptors in that case

I think legendary journeyman Mike James is probably available. He's gotta still be under 50.

Forever known as Lebronto.

The best show in the NBA is still watching Steph demoralize an opposing team.

Steph Curry is impossible not to like. I wish Durant would just go to the Knicks already so I can love the Warriors again.

As much as LeBron is the best player of our generation, Steph will always be the guy who made dagger 3's sexier than dunks

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Steph Curry is impossible not to like. I wish Durant would just go to the Knicks already so I can love the Warriors again.

As much as LeBron is the best player of our generation, Steph will always be the guy who made dagger 3's sexier than dunks

lol you should talk to some of the rockets fans i know about how "impossible" it is to not like Steph Curry =P

lol you should talk to some of the rockets fans i know about how "impossible" it is to not like Steph Curry =P

We'll need another "pot / kettle" tweet from Morey on that one ... considering the Rockets best player and his impact on basketball. I never knew grabbing an opponent's arm and slapping yourself with it was a foul!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Comparing generational players to a star. That’s like comparing tiger woods to Dustin Johnson. It’s not even close.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

If you had first pick - Anthony Davis and Tim Duncan were the top two prospects. Who do you take? And Pop does not come with TD.

What year is it?

Davis is better suited to the NBA that exists right now; Duncan was indispensable in his era.

But 9 times out of 10 I'm taking Duncan.

The irony is I actually think Duncan would be MORE valuable now. There is simply no one who posts up anymore, Duncan used to go 25-12 against legit 7 foot defenders. Imagine what he would do against Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Al Horford, Draymond etc .. plus in his 20's he'd be able to get on the perimeter

That being said, Anthony Davis is ridiculous. He hits off the dribble threes and handles the ball in transition...on-top of other stuff. He's also an A+ defender now

It's probably a toss up. Put Davis on an otherwise good team (like just drop him on say, Portland) and they probably have legit title aspirations

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

If you had first pick - Anthony Davis and Tim Duncan were the top two prospects. Who do you take? And Pop does not come with TD.

What year is it?

Davis is better suited to the NBA that exists right now; Duncan was indispensable in his era.

The irony is I actually think Duncan would be MORE valuable now. There is simply no one who posts up anymore, Duncan used to go 25-12 against legit 7 foot defenders. Imagine what he would do against Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Al Horford, Draymond etc .. plus in his 20's he'd be able to get on the perimeter

That being said, Anthony Davis is ridiculous. He hits off the dribble threes and handles the ball in transition...on-top of other stuff. He's also an A+ defender now

It's probably a toss up. Put Davis on an otherwise good team (like just drop him on say, Portland) and they probably have legit title aspirations

What makes it a tough decision is we know what Duncan's ceiling is, with AD he's still going up and there is no telling where he stops as he is likely just starting to peak.

What year is it?

What makes it a tough decision is we know what Duncan's ceiling is, with AD he's still going up and there is no telling where he stops as he is likely just starting to peak.

But at the same time, if we're counting rings, AD isn't getting 5.

He's got probably 10 years left. He's not winning half the titles from now until then. If he's All-NBA every one of those years, it's fewer than Duncan was. After seven seasons in the league, Duncan had three rings - AD has none.

But we're not counting rings...we're making a first draft pick...

Both players are great. I mean it's like choosing between two awesome things, you can't be wrong

I still maintain Duncan is the second greatest defender of all time. So I'd probably have to go with him. But Anthony Davis is an incredible player who has been on a poorly built team because his owner wanted to win now when he was 21

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

How do you guys feel about Butler and the 76ers? I think that's a great piece for them, especially if he ends up liking it there. He says he just wants to win and Embid does too. We'll see how they get along I guess.

I think the eastern conf semi finals should be really good with Toronto, Boston, Philly, and prob Milwaukee being the final 4. Wouldnt be surprised if there was an upset just not sure by whom yet. I think it def makes Philly stronger, on paper that starting 5 looks like it could compete with any starting 5.

It may have been discussed before and I missed, or this may be wrong time, but what do yall see happening in free agency next year? Does Durant stay or does he take the payday like hes mentioned and go somewhere else? Does Klay stay? Where does AD end up?

I think it was a great trade for the Wolves and a home run swing worth taking for Philly

Minnesota did amazingly well considering Butler demanded a trade in a contract year. Robert Covington was all defense last year and is shooting 40% from 3. Dario Saric is a good shooting 4 with some playmaking. Minnesota was a top 10 offense without Butler and they lost no defense and got younger. At the very least, they are all the same age again and compliment each other well. So let Towns average 30-10 and win 47 games. That's something. I honestly don't think they lost too much here. Covington is Butler's equal on defense and offensively his impact just held back Towns and Wiggins, who are mostly offense only anyway. They can be a playoff team with that roster (maybe not this year though at 4-9)

Philly , it's an experiment. Butler isn't super highly regarded as a teammate within the league but he is a top 20 player and gets a lot of clutch points. They don't have a lot of shooting right now, and it will be interesting to watch a chest puffer like Butler interact with Joel Embiid. Someone like Embiid is not passive, he will go after Butler if his role gets cut and Philly gets no better. He won't take a backseat and i'm sure still clearly sees this as his team. He is also BETTER than Butler. So that interaction will be key. If Butler can play off the ball more and be happy, take a bit of a hit on stats....Philly is pretty scary. But i still think the road to the finals is if Embiid is healthy and getting to be dominant. Butler's best role will be as a clutch closer in playoff games.....not as a high volume 30pt guy.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

How do you guys feel about Butler and the 76ers? I think that's a great piece for them, especially if he ends up liking it there. He says he just wants to win and Embid does too. We'll see how they get along I guess.

I think the eastern conf semi finals should be really good with Toronto, Boston, Philly, and prob Milwaukee being the final 4. Wouldnt be surprised if there was an upset just not sure by whom yet. I think it def makes Philly stronger, on paper that starting 5 looks like it could compete with any starting 5.

It may have been discussed before and I missed, or this may be wrong time, but what do yall see happening in free agency next year? Does Durant stay or does he take the payday like hes mentioned and go somewhere else? Does Klay stay? Where does AD end up?

Milwaukee reminds me too much of early Houston before they added Chris Paul. They are basically exactly the same team. 4-out, main creator who is a basketball freak, very little secondary playmaking.....jack 3's , jack 3's , jack 3's.....It's a VERY predictable offense.

This is much tougher in the playoffs. Both Boston and Toronto have the personnel to cover Giannis one on one, let him get his 40pts, and stay home on all the shooters. I'd put OG Anunoby on him (or Marcus Smart, or Jaylen Brown) and just take your chances. They have very little secondary playmaking. Khris Middleton a bit, Eric Bledsoe i don't think so.

I don't see Milwaukee beating Boston or Toronto when it counts. I would bet their offense underperforms in the playoffs

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

MtlJeff, I have talked about the same philosophy for years with Lebron. By that I mean making him beat you and taking away his options like you mention with Giannis. Now when he had kyrie I don't think that was feasible. But I think most people agree Lebron is at his best playing point-forward. I never figured out why teams didn't play him straight up and take away other guys. Make lebron score 80 to beat you. I don't think he could, especially in a 7 game series. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I think I would take my chances in that scenario. I might have a vague memory of saying that before on this board, but I still haven't heard a good reason not to do this.

MtlJeff, I have talked about the same philosophy for years with Lebron. By that I mean making him beat you and taking away his options like you mention with Giannis. Now when he had kyrie I don't think that was feasible. But I think most people agree Lebron is at his best playing point-forward. I never figured out why teams didn't play him straight up and take away other guys. Make lebron score 80 to beat you. I don't think he could, especially in a 7 game series. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I think I would take my chances in that scenario. I might have a vague memory of saying that before on this board, but I still haven't heard a good reason not to do this.

The Hawks used it on the Howard Magic maybe 7-8 years ago. He had like 40-15 the first few games , they just refused to give the shooters open looks

Deschamps Crisp Antique