2018 NBA Season

And a top 20 player in the league playing his whole career here isn't horrible either. The team won 59 games a year ago , more than they ever did with Carter or Bosh. Obviously Lowry and gang were a big part of that

Sure. It was a great regular season and DeRozan is a very good player. But I guess Masai wasn't content doing the Leafs thing (nobody celebrates beings slightly above average better than they do).

In the NBA, it feels like you need to have a top 3 player to win a championship - top 5 at worst. How many recent champions haven't had a guy at that level?

The Pistons, maybe the Mavs, maybe the Wade/Shaq Heat?

Kawhi is that good; DeRozan never will be. So I can kind of understand why Masai rolled the dice here. Maybe Kawhi pulls a Paul George.

I think the championship or bust thing is bad business though. People love Philadelphia and praise the process, but they went through 3-4 years of sagging attendance at home and killed attendance at road games. This is the major reason other teams complained to the league and got hinkie ousted. Even their owner eventually wilted.

If Kawhi leaves it could be many years before we see playoffs again.

A lot of fans consider the Atlanta Hawks a cautionary tale of mediocrity for their famous #4 finishes, but many owners would've traded with them. Zach Lowe used to regularly discuss these things

Toronto is a very good team, not a title threat, but very good. And there is value in that

I think that whatever was going to happen with this version of the Raptors was going to happen in the next 2 years anyway. Lowry has 2 years left and will be in his mid-30s. DeMar would have likely opted out after 2 more years to try and get one more big deal (which will probably be a bad one for whomever signs him). So to me, it feels like Masai traded two good years for one very good year and one question mark.

And a top 20 player in the league playing his whole career here isn't horrible either. The team won 59 games a year ago , more than they ever did with Carter or Bosh. Obviously Lowry and gang were a big part of that

Sure. It was a great regular season and DeRozan is a very good player. But I guess Masai wasn't content doing the Leafs thing (nobody celebrates beings slightly above average better than they do).

In the NBA, it feels like you need to have a top 3 player to win a championship - top 5 at worst. How many recent champions haven't had a guy at that level?

The Pistons, maybe the Mavs, maybe the Wade/Shaq Heat?

Kawhi is that good; DeRozan never will be. So I can kind of understand why Masai rolled the dice here. Maybe Kawhi pulls a Paul George.

I think the championship or bust thing is bad business though. People love Philadelphia and praise the process, but they went through 3-4 years of sagging attendance at home and killed attendance at road games. This is the major reason other teams complained to the league and got hinkie ousted. Even their owner eventually wilted.

If Kawhi leaves it could be many years before we see playoffs again.

A lot of fans consider the Atlanta Hawks a cautionary tale of mediocrity for their famous #4 finishes, but many owners would've traded with them. Zach Lowe used to regularly discuss these things

Toronto is a very good team, not a title threat, but very good. And there is value in that

The real reason Hinkie was forced out was nepotism, but the process gave the team an excuse to use other than nepotism.

• 2 months later...

Doesn’t matter. Season is a wash and we all know the outcome. Only narrative worth noting is lebum can’t make it to 6 finals lost. Yes I’m drinking my lebron hate coffee this morning. What a bum.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

• 2 weeks later...

What does everyone think of all the Jimmy Butler mess going on? I can't believe he hasn't been traded yet. They need to get his butt out of there.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

What does everyone think of all the Jimmy Butler mess going on? I can't believe he hasn't been traded yet. They need to get his butt out of there.

Butler's been taking heat from a lot of people and rightfully so IMO....He's left on bad terms now multiple times, he's acting like he's a proven winner when really he hasn't won much, and he's trashing young talent rather then help them actually develop into winners.

Jeff Van Gundy kinda laced into him on the Lowe podcast. He's "all about winning" but wants to get traded to 3 losing teams and is squabbling with one of the most talented young players in the league. Then did an interview where he said it wasn't about money but that they weren't giving him what he wanted (it's been reported that he wanted them to cut salary this season so they could offer him a max extension immediately and them not wanting to do that is part of this).

I'm not sure why another team would give up a ton for him. But most of the big name analysts (Simmons, Lowe, Van Gundy etc) have not been kind and i agree

It's obvious why he hasn't been traded though and that is because Thibodeau is getting fired if they don't win this year and he is the GM too

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

<wrong thread>

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Butler's been taking heat from a lot of people and rightfully so IMO....He's left on bad terms now multiple times, he's acting like he's a proven winner when really he hasn't won much, and he's trashing young talent rather then help them actually develop into winners.

Jeff Van Gundy kinda laced into him on the Lowe podcast. He's "all about winning" but wants to get traded to 3 losing teams and is squabbling with one of the most talented young players in the league. Then did an interview where he said it wasn't about money but that they weren't giving him what he wanted (it's been reported that he wanted them to cut salary this season so they could offer him a max extension immediately and them not wanting to do that is part of this).

I'm not sure why another team would give up a ton for him. But most of the big name analysts (Simmons, Lowe, Van Gundy etc) have not been kind and i agree

It's obvious why he hasn't been traded though and that is because Thibodeau is getting fired if they don't win this year and he is the GM too

Thibodeau has been his own worst enemy over the past few years, and i ultimately think he will be out of the NBA by the end of the season. I don't see him getting another head coaching position again either unless some bottom feeder team wants to hire a name. Jimmy Butler has been toxic on two teams in two straight years, and i am starting to believe the rumors that Butler was in bed with KAT's girlfriend. This situation seems to have blown up, and KAT, Wiggins and Butler have asked to be traded recently. Wiggins hasn't lived up to the hype, KAT has regressed (numbers wise anyways, he still isn't playing good defense) and Butler is turning out to be a diva. Things in Timberwolf land arn't good, but i think getting back on the hardwood will be the best medicine of all.

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Wiggins got worse last year and towns seemed apathetic....but they are 23 and 22 and we just saw what Oladipo did

Probably have to give them another 1-2 years before really judging

Before last season Oladipo was an overpaid bust and now he's a reigning top 6 MVP vote getter

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Wiggins got worse last year and towns seemed apathetic....but they are 23 and 22 and we just saw what Oladipo did

Probably have to give them another 1-2 years before really judging

Before last season Oladipo was an overpaid bust and now he's a reigning top 6 MVP vote getter

KAT is a solid NBA player even if his game stops developing today. I predict that he is a perennial, solo, big man all star in MN (much like KG and LOVE) without anything to show for it. Wiggins is one of the threesome that I have the most question about and least faith in. I think we look back and see his being one of the worst contracts of his era, and he phases out of the nba over the 10 years as a journeyman role player.

Oladipo's development was the exception not the norm, so I am grateful it happened. I don't think it can be an expectation for players thought. Myles Turner's development this season is the key to our success, and if he can have a breakout year like Oladipo we've got a chance at the Eastern Conference title. If he has a year like last year i think we finish around 6th in the division.

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

I hope Wiggins turns it around. I thought he went into the right situation in Minnesota but maybe not, he'd have probably been better off having Lebron force him to play defense rather than start thinking he was Tracy McGrady.

But he's still too talented to be a total bust. Worst case he could average 25-26ppg on a bad team and sell some tickets, like Danny Granger did with your guys a few years back. Best case he figures out he should be Andre Iguodala and tries harder on defense

His most likely outcome is probably a Rudy Gay scenario. Where everyone gives up on him and he quietly has some nice seasons

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Speaking of Canadians, a lot of people are very high on Denver this year....And a lot of people are very high on Jamal Murray making a leap. I think he won a poll of GM's earlier in the summer asking that question. He has a poor man's Klay Thompson thing going. We'll see.....but he's probably more the great Canadian hope right now, at least until RJ Barrett takes over.

If a few things break right for them, like Isaiah Thomas and Paul Millsap just being healthy, with Jokic/Murray/Harris and the gang of swingmen they have including rookie Michael Porter.....They could be the surprise team of the West.....especially since OKC is trending down with multiple injuries.

I'm not as high on Utah in the regular season. Grit and grind teams don't win 55+ games.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Jokic has been a solid player for a few years now, and I think he’ll be top 10-15 by the end of the season. I think I could make the case he is there now. He is basically a point center which is super fun to watch.

Utah comes back to reality a bit this season. I think they finish as 5 or 6 seed. Mitchell is amazing, but Gobert can’t stay healthy.

Where you see the lakers finishing up? I put them behind gs, Houston, okc, Utah and Portland

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Man who knows....I've heard everything from "they could miss the playoffs" to "they could be the 2 seed".

I just don't know. They can be a super combustible team if things go wrong. What happens when Lavar Ball says Lebron is holding Lonzo back, and ESPN runs with it for 6 weeks and asks Lebron about it every game (we all know this WILL happen) and what if Lonzo continues his trend of never going against his dad, do Lebron and Lonzo co-exist? what happens when Lance does Lance things, what happens when Rondo does Rondo things like not try for 3 weeks, resulting in Lebron passive aggressiveness on twitter. What happens when Javale does Javale things? Does Lebron just mail this season in and not pull a hammy?

Bill Simmons said the other day, he almost insinuated it was on the table already, that Lonzo for Damian Lillard was a thing. He even said that so many people knew about it that Vegas purposely had Portland's over-under lower because of it.

But the other part of me is like: Lebron plus Brandon Ingram, plus 2 kids who try REALLY hard (Kuzma and Hart) plus solid NBA players is going to equal 55 wins

In other words i have no idea

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I think this is going to be a great season, and I hope we finally see a potential upset in the finals. The world is in love with the Greek freak to win MVP but I don’t think that will happen. Jojo And Kawhi will the the two fighting that out and jojo wins

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Where you see the lakers finishing up? I put them behind gs, Houston, okc, Utah and Portland

Lol we’ll see.

Scratch I know you’re a Lakers fan. How does everyone in purple and gold nation feel about this season? I think this year is going to be great or a disaster. I could see them contend for the western conference finals or I could see this turn into a 46 win team that finishes 9 or 10

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

I hope you are all ready for me to take hyperbole to heights never seen before in regards to Non-Kawhi Raptors this season

Siakam and Anunoby, who I will refer to as O-scal Anubiakam for the sake of time, are long armed menaces baby!

Jonas valenciunas adds dimensions to his game every year

Fred van Vleet is the grittiest person in the history of grit!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Celtics and Raptors might both be better than last year's Rockets if they stay healthy.

This game tonight is good basketball

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Good morning from the UK.

It's been a pretty entertaining week. Has mtljeff been taking advantage of his right to toke, or is he in a state of perpetual nirvana along with the rest of oop north?

Either way, the raptors have been with it.

I'm also troubled by the fact that even though I've never been further west than Galway, I'm particularly enjoying Boston being a bit meh. Is this normal?

It's possible all of the legal weed may be affecting my judgement, but I firmly believe Toronto will go 78-4 and then 17-0 in the playoffs.

They look amazing! Their role players have all gotten better in some way and Kawhi looks like 2016 Kawhi

I still wish DeRozan was there

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

It's possible all of the legal weed may be affecting my judgement, but I firmly believe Toronto will go 78-4 and then 17-0 in the playoffs.

They look amazing! Their role players have all gotten better in some way and Kawhi looks like 2016 Kawhi

Please list the four losses you find on their schedule, cuz I'm not seeing them!

Extra credit points for what exactly goes wrong.

Please list the four losses you find on their schedule, cuz I'm not seeing them!

There's alot of talk that Adam Silver isn't crazy about dominance. My guess is they'll start 60-0 and then he will ask them to throw a few games down the stretch so that people actually watch the playoffs. Probably they will lose a nationally televised game on purpose, just to maintain the illusion that the other teams have something to play for

Probably Boston or Golden State. Plus one loss against like Orlando so they can run the "they are overconfident" stories.

Than the next night they will beat Indiana 179-56 so they can run "they had a players only meeting and are back" stories

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

There's alot of talk that Adam Silver isn't crazy about dominance. My guess is they'll start 60-0 and then he will ask them to throw a few games down the stretch so that people actually watch the playoffs. Probably they will lose a nationally televised game on purpose, just to maintain the illusion that the other teams have something to play for

Probably Boston or Golden State. Plus one loss against like Orlando so they can run the "they are overconfident" stories.

Than the next night they will beat Indiana 179-56 so they can run "they had a players only meeting and are back" stories

But can they beat the Cavs in the playoffs... :swoon:

But can they beat the Cavs in the playoffs... :swoon:

If I was the Cavs I'd sign anyone with the last name "James" and just give him #23 and throw him out there. They'd probably best the Raptors in that case

I think legendary journeyman Mike James is probably available. He's gotta still be under 50.

Deschamps Crisp Antique