2018 NBA Season

nah, if im the lakers i wait for free agency next year to take a stab at Kawhi. He must really want to be a laker if he's willing to leave a stable environment like san antonio who can offer him the most money out of any team. I wouldn't touch him now but maybe boston/sixers can trade minimal assets at the trade deadline when the spurs have to get somethng for him

Lakers would be crazy to trade for Kawhi at this point. The Spurs may have made a big mistake for not taking one of the earlier packages.

Well Kawhi is still young so if he resigns there it's still a good deal no?

He will walk for nothing, he seems to be cut from a different cloth than PG or Aldridge.

Lakers would be crazy to trade for Kawhi at this point. The Spurs may have made a big mistake for not taking one of the earlier packages.

He will walk for nothing, he seems to be cut from a different cloth than PG or Aldridge.

I suppose, I just would get nervous waiting it out. Remember when KD went into his last year in OKC the consensus was he'd either stay or go to Washington. A lot can change in a year. Maybe the Spurs do something big, or Boston trades for him and he loves Brad Stevens etc

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I suppose, I just would get nervous waiting it out. Remember when KD went into his last year in OKC the consensus was he'd either stay or go to Washington. A lot can change in a year. Maybe the Spurs do something big, or Boston trades for him and he loves Brad Stevens etc

Yeah but even if the Lakers were not to get Kawhi in 2019 I think keeping the 3 young guys on rookie contracts, getting them a year with LeBron, and then signing another free agent is better than trading away all the young guys for Kawhi. 2019 class is pretty good and now with LeBron in LA for 4 years it opens a big can of worms.

Yeah but even if the Lakers were not to get Kawhi in 2019 I think keeping the 3 young guys on rookie contracts, getting them a year with LeBron, and then signing another free agent is better than trading away all the young guys for Kawhi. 2019 class is pretty good and now with LeBron in LA for 4 years it opens a big can of worms.

That's fair.

FYI, 2019-2020 free agents include Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, JR Smith and Kyle Korver

You put all those guys with Lebron, and you have a team that i think could win the title

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Zach Lowe was raving about Ingram on his podcast today. Said he would not want to give him up.... said he was less bullish on lonzo.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Hahaha

I saw a report that said Spurs are asking for Kuzma, Hart, Ingram, 2 firsts, 2 round swaps. Get the F out of here with that.

Good for the Spurs. If Kawhi is wanting out so bad and the Lakers want to sign him, make them pay for it. This whole letting players demand trades is stupid. The Spurs are a great organization and are smart about their dealings hence why it has been since 1997 since we last missed the playoffs.

Hahaha

I saw a report that said Spurs are asking for Kuzma, Hart, Ingram, 2 firsts, 2 round swaps. Get the F out of here with that.

Good for the Spurs. If Kawhi is wanting out so bad and the Lakers want to sign him, make them pay for it. This whole letting players demand trades is stupid. The Spurs are a great organization and are smart about their dealings hence why it has been since 1997 since we last missed the playoffs.

So do you think all contracts should have a no trade clause?

Hahaha

Letting the best player on your team (let alone top 3 in nba) walk for no return, is for sure a wise move.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Hahaha

Letting the best player on your team (let alone top 3 in nba) walk for no return, is for sure a wise move.

To put the Spurs offer into perspective the Lakers counter would be Josh Hart, that’s it.

The fact that they are talking tells me that something might happen but I think the Lakers are better off waiting for a free agent. Let’s say the Lakers don’t trade for him and he pulls a PG and extends with the team that trades for him. I think the Lakers with LeBron, Magic and young talent have a great chance to sign say Butler. I would rather have Butler and the assets it would take to get Kawhi over just Kawhi. On the contrary to that if the Lakers can trade for Kawhi and then also sign another free agent that would be best case.

Hahaha

Well Kawhi does have a no trade clause as he isn't a free agent, it's the Spurs that have the power to do the trading. And as an organization you would want to maximize the trade to make sense. It makes zero sense to move Kawhi to LA for pennies on the dollar to just dump him. Again, I have all the confidence in the world in Pop and the front office to what is best for the ORGANIZATION and not Kawhi because he is throwing a fit about wanting to be in LA.

It also makes zero sense for the Spurs to move Kawhi to another team in the West for pennies on the dollar. Moving him East would, in my opinion, offer a little more bargaining power. Lebron will be 34 this year, if you make LA wait one more year, that's a whole other season of wear and tear on Lebron which some may think doesn't make a huge difference, but Lebron would turn 35 the season Kawhi came over. The injury bug and age doesn't care who the person is, it will strike sooner or later.

Hahaha

I'm gonna trust the Spurs organization on this one. 21 straight playoff appearances indicates they know what they are doing.

Hahaha

Well Kawhi does have a no trade clause as he isn't a free agent, it's the Spurs that have the power to do the trading. And as an organization you would want to maximize the trade to make sense. It makes zero sense to move Kawhi to LA for pennies on the dollar to just dump him. Again, I have all the confidence in the world in Pop and the front office to what is best for the ORGANIZATION and not Kawhi because he is throwing a fit about wanting to be in LA.

You did not answer the question. If you think players should not be able to demand trades then do you think in return organizations should not be able to trade players that do not desire to move? The organization agreed to said contract, what gives them the right to move the player with no notice?

The Spurs don’t have to trade him but if he is really that disgruntled they will have to deal with it all season and then get nothing in return. They can play the waiting game but it comes with risk. For all we know the best offer could have already come and gone. Look at what happened to Boogie and Noel with the contracts they passed up.

Hahaha

You did not answer the question. If you think players should not be able to demand trades then do you think in return organizations should not be able to trade players that do not desire to move? The organization agreed to said contract, what gives them the right to move the player with no notice?

Here is your answer.

Yes I do believe the players should not be able to demand trades and yes I do believe the organization that agreed to the contract has every right to move the player, here is why. When the organization trades a player, they are trading that player with their current contract structure, the only thing changes is the team signing the check. No money is lost to said player and years on the contract are the same for said player.

I have no issue with guys asking for trades and no issues with teams trading players.....But some of the stuff that is being discussed the past couple of years is getting pretty murky, and possibly even fraud.

Last season while Kawhi was sitting out (and several members of his team thought he was healthy enough to play, Tony Parker being outspoken) some writers suggested it was smart because of what happened to Isaiah Thomas, why chance anything. Just sit out if you're not feeling it

Only problem is you are taking money to do a job and then refusing to do it. There's no profession in the world where you can do this. If you're a roofer, you can't take money to do a roof and then not do it because you're worried about a future job that will pay you more.

Vince Carter is notorious in Toronto for playing half-assed basketball to force a trade. I guess that is more common with what people do in the real world. There's less you can do about that

But some of the stuff being talked about, like people supporting that players should sit out to force a trade. Only if they are giving back the money....

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I have no issue with guys asking for trades and no issues with teams trading players.....But some of the stuff that is being discussed the past couple of years is getting pretty murky, and possibly even fraud.

Last season while Kawhi was sitting out (and several members of his team thought he was healthy enough to play, Tony Parker being outspoken) some writers suggested it was smart because of what happened to Isaiah Thomas, why chance anything. Just sit out if you're not feeling it

Only problem is you are taking money to do a job and then refusing to do it. There's no profession in the world where you can do this. If you're a roofer, you can't take money to do a roof and then not do it because you're worried about a future job that will pay you more.

Vince Carter is notorious in Toronto for playing half-assed basketball to force a trade. I guess that is more common with what people do in the real world. There's less you can do about that

But some of the stuff being talked about, like people supporting that players should sit out to force a trade. Only if they are giving back the money....

A better comparison would be that if a roofer had a damaged arm and if he kept swinging a hammer he likely would not be able to swing a hammer in the future. So he takes a break and collects unemployment. You are wrong saying that people don’t take breaks from their jobs and get paid. Aflac literally pays customers more than they make at their job when they are out for injury or sickness.

Giving money back is questionable and would be honorable but when it’s not your money it’s easy to say give money back. What about his prior seasons when he was underpaid? Some nigh consider it compensation for that.

Pop screwed this one up, he tried to bully Kawhi when he wasn’t healthy, now he’s trying to bully the Lakers. It’s not going to work, he needs to look in the mirror, accept some blame, and cut losses.

The longer this goes one the less the Spurs risk getting in return. What “if” they don’t trade him by the time the season starts, he gets more vocal and sits (cancer). At the same time what if the Lakers youth play really well with LeBron and their stock goes up. The Spurs are risking a lot by getting greedy. At the same time the Lakers youth could get injuried or show little improvement and their stock could potentially decline.

A better comparison would be that if a roofer had a damaged arm and if he kept swinging a hammer he likely would not be able to swing a hammer in the future. So he takes a break and collects unemployment. You are wrong saying that people don’t take breaks from their jobs and get paid. Aflac literally pays customers more than they make at their job when they are out for injury or sickness.

Giving money back is questionable and would be honorable but when it’s not your money it’s easy to say give money back. What about his prior seasons when he was underpaid? Some nigh consider it compensation for that.

Pop screwed this one up, he tried to bully Kawhi when he wasn’t healthy, now he’s trying to bully the Lakers. It’s not going to work, he needs to look in the mirror, accept some blame, and cut losses.

You misunderstood which is understandable with how I worded. If Kawhi is legit injured and can't play than there is no issue

If Kawhi can play with minimal risk to his future that is where it get "murky"

Athletes use their bodies in a physical game. They will be banged up almost constantly over a 82 game season in some way. I wouldn't want players to start sitting out seasons due to papercuts because they're protecting their next contract

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The longer this goes one the less the Spurs risk getting in return. What “if” they don’t trade him by the time the season starts, he gets more vocal and sits (cancer). At the same time what if the Lakers youth play really well with LeBron and their stock goes up. The Spurs are risking a lot by getting greedy. At the same time the Lakers youth could get injuried or show little improvement and their stock could potentially decline.

"If" my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle.

Players are looking at Isiah Thomas and telling themselves that won’t be me. I have no problem with that. IT gave everything to the Celtics and they sort of left him out to dry. The loyalty thing goes both ways.

You have no problem with guys hypothetically sitting out with minor injuries, or injuries cleared by doctors, to protect their next contract while taking money from a team?

Or you think someone in Isaiah Thomas's situation should have sat out? Because they are different arguments IMO. Thomas probably should have sat out

Fulfilling a contract isn't loyalty, it's contract law. Both the teams and players are required to do it

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The thing I don't understand with Thomas though while on the subject, is why was his 100m+ contract such a certainty anyway? He needed surgery one way or the other, he didn't come back well from the surgery and that cost him alot of money. But wouldn't that still have been the case if he had the surgery before the Playoffs?

He didn't have surgery because he played and made his injury worse, he needed the surgery he got regardless. If Boston was cold enough to trade him they wouldn't have paid him a max deal if he wasn't the same guy

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Just read this and thought I’d share.

Marc Stein of the New York Times reported that the Lakers had a chance to acquire DeMarcus Cousins on a cheap one-year deal which is similar to the contract he signed with the Warriors. However, the Lakers refused to sign Cousins despite their need to surround LeBron James with more star power.

Players are looking at Isiah Thomas and telling themselves that wont be me. I have no problem with that. IT gave everything to the Celtics and they sort of left him out to dry. The loyalty thing goes both ways.

You have no problem with guys hypothetically sitting out with minor injuries, or injuries cleared by doctors, to protect their next contract while taking money from a team?

Or you think someone in Isaiah Thomas's situation should have sat out? Because they are different arguments IMO. Thomas probably should have sat out

Fulfilling a contract isn't loyalty, it's contract law. Both the teams and players are required to do it

I have no problem with athletes having some control over their own bodies. Only they know how they feel and to question that is the same as questioning someone’s manhood. The Spurs are learning that the hard way. In my opinion too many guys rush back and have the “team first” attitude only to be dropped when it fits the owners agenda. I don’t shed a tear for the Spurs but IT screwed himself. Not only did he not get paid he got traded. Thanks for playing hurt after the death of your sister but here’s your plane ticket.

Interesting offseason so far for sure. LeBron to the Lakers is great, and I couldn't be happier for the signing. I am not a lakers fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I think it is awesome for the league. The biggest superstar on the most historic franchise just fits like a glove. I wish he was there a long time ago.

The big talk this week around town has been the departure of Lance Stephenson and signing of Tyreke Evans, and I still have mixed emotions about the signing. I love Lance, and he is my favorite player in the league today. He is crazy and obviously has some mental health issues at times, but he just adds spark to a team that other wise has been vanilla at times. I think this team is starting to show some personality and Victor Oladipo is a great leader for the future. He plays really hard and is a solid defender on the wing. Evans is arguably a better player than Lance, so I don't blame Pritchard for making the move. Lance was basically Indy's boneheaded stepson that we all loved. I hope things pan out in LA for him considering he and LeBron have had an odd history together. I love the Dougie McBuckets signing as we needed shooting. The east is wide open right now, and the best signing the pacers have made in the past 15 years happened when King James went to the west. Between LeBron and MJ they have basically been pacer killers my entire life time. This is the first time I can remember not having a brick wall to run through to get to the finals besides the short time from 98 to when LeBron started to dominate the league. I think if Myles Turner can turn into the star big man that everyone here believes he can that we have as good as shot as anybody to win the east. Boston and Philly both have huge injury concerns going forward and Toronto doesn't intimidate anyone, so I think the opportunity is there. It is a long shot, and I am being an overly optimistic and hopeful homer but the potential is there. That is not something I would have said at anytime over the past 12 years. We are returning all 5 starters and Tyreke adds a true sixth man for us. I love the depth of the bench, and I think our second unit is among the best in the league now.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig