Electric Carts/Trolleys buying help

As promised, I am back after using my new MGI Zip Navigator for 5 rounds. Bottom line is it is absolutely fantastic! For starters, the build quality is excellent. The packaging is done really well. Since I ordered it from Costco, it came with extra accessories (Seat, cup holder, umbrella holder, GPS holder & Universal clip). First thing I did was hook up the battery and remote to their chargers and left them overnight. The cart is simple to unfold and get going. The display is bright enough to see in bright sunlight. On the course, it holds it's course, even on sidehills, which is the main reason I chose this model. The Gyros do exactly what they are supposed to do. It is so nice not having to constantly correct the direction. A MAJOR plus. Turning is a breeze and this thing can move too lol! It holds its speed going down even on the steep hills. What I have learned (Which is not covered in the manual, but makes total sense) is the ZIP will react differently whether you are using the remote or the controls on the cart. Our course has a few holes where we have to go over a curb when exiting the green. I always want to hold onto it when going over curbs, etc. - When I initiate the cart via the remote, It is extremely hard to turn it by hand. Makes sense right? The gyros are trying to keep it on track. the only way to turn it is with the remote. On the other hand, If I initiate the cart moving with the control on the handle, it turns very easily. So bottom line, when you want to hold onto the cart while negotiating tricky areas, use the control on the handle. I hope this all makes sense. I have a van so I have no need to remove the wheels and flip them over to make it more compact when storing. It actually takes less time for me to fold up the Zip than it did my Clicgear. I am really really happy with this purchase and wholeheartedly recommend it. Yes, it costs a bit of money, but you truly do get what you pay for in this case.

• Like 2

> @fazmanicg said:

> As promised, I am back after using my new MGI Zip Navigator for 5 rounds. Bottom line is it is absolutely fantastic! For starters, the build quality is excellent. The packaging is done really well. Since I ordered it from Costco, it came with extra accessories (Seat, cup holder, umbrella holder, GPS holder & Universal clip). First thing I did was hook up the battery and remote to their chargers and left them overnight. The cart is simple to unfold and get going. The display is bright enough to see in bright sunlight. On the course, it holds it's course, even on sidehills, which is the main reason I chose this model. The Gyros do exactly what they are supposed to do. It is so nice not having to constantly correct the direction. A MAJOR plus. Turning is a breeze and this thing can move too lol! It holds its speed going down even on the steep hills. What I have learned (Which is not covered in the manual, but makes total sense) is the ZIP will react differently whether you are using the remote or the controls on the cart. Our course has a few holes where we have to go over a curb when exiting the green. I always want to hold onto it when going over curbs, etc. - When I initiate the cart via the remote, It is extremely hard to turn it by hand. Makes sense right? The gyros are trying to keep it on track. the only way to turn it is with the remote. On the other hand, If I initiate the cart moving with the control on the handle, it turns very easily. So bottom line, when you want to hold onto the cart while negotiating tricky areas, use the control on the handle. I hope this all makes sense. I have a van so I have no need to remove the wheels and flip them over to make it more compact when storing. It actually takes less time for me to fold up the Zip than it did my Clicgear. I am really really happy with this purchase and wholeheartedly recommend it. Yes, it costs a bit of money, but you truly do get what you pay for in this case.

Β 

Told ya!!!

@fazmanicg

Β 

Thanks for the evaluation. That near $2k price with taxes is a big mental hurdle for me. I’m not sure why as golf is one of only two hobbies and not the most expensive one.

Β 

My birthday is coming up and I’m about to sell the G410 I just got so I’m well on the way of talking myself into this.

Β 

I’d welcome any further updates you can post. Maybe you’ll talk me off of the ledge.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

> @RSinSG said:

> @fazmanicg

>

> Thanks for the evaluation. That near $2k price with taxes is a big mental hurdle for me. I’m not sure why as golf is one of only two hobbies and not the most expensive one.

>

> My birthday is coming up and I’m about to sell the G410 I just got so I’m well on the way of talking myself into this.

>

> I’d welcome any further updates you can post. Maybe you’ll talk me off of the ledge.

Β 

I’m not talking you off. It’s that great. You truly won’t know until you get one and use it. My brother and I can’t say enough about it. I have the white he has the black. My white vessel lux cart bag fits and look perfectly on it!!

> @JMH1220 said:

Β 

> I’m not talking you off. It’s that great. You truly won’t know until you get one and use it. My brother and I can’t say enough about it. I have the white he has the black. My white vessel lux cart bag fits and look perfectly on it!!

Β 

I read some reviews and have a few questions. Most review are really good, but some raise some concerns.

Β 

Can you push the cart manually if the battery dies? One guy said you couldn't but that sounded more like he didn't know how to disengage something.

Β 

A couple people said the wheelie bar doesn't prevent tip overs. As all carts are prone to tip I wonder if they're just not watching the cart closely enough, or if there is actually an issue.

Β 

Can you use a stand bag with the unit? I use a Sun Mountain stand and I use a Clicgear 3.0. It's not a perfect fit but it works. Does this cart allow for the legs mechanism on a stand bag?

Β 

I assume you need to remove the seat before folding. Is that easy enough?

Β 

Along the lines of pushing without power, on one course I walk there are some long stretches between a few holes. Sometimes when there are two riders in carts we get a tow to the next hole. I doubt that is possible with this as there is the wheelie wheel which wouldn't allow tipping the cart on its rear wheels for a tow. Certainly not a deal breaker as not having to push the cart would make the long walks much easier.

Β 

I'm getting closer, but am still squirming.

Β 

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

> @RSinSG said:

> > @JMH1220 said:

>

> > I’m not talking you off. It’s that great. You truly won’t know until you get one and use it. My brother and I can’t say enough about it. I have the white he has the black. My white vessel lux cart bag fits and look perfectly on it!!

>

> I read some reviews and have a few questions. Most review are really good, but some raise some concerns.

>

> Can you push the cart manually if the battery dies? One guy said you couldn't but that sounded more like he didn't know how to disengage something.

>

> A couple people said the wheelie bar doesn't prevent tip overs. As all carts are prone to tip I wonder if they're just not watching the cart closely enough, or if there is actually an issue.

>

> Can you use a stand bag with the unit? I use a Sun Mountain stand and I use a Clicgear 3.0. It's not a perfect fit but it works. Does this cart allow for the legs mechanism on a stand bag?

>

> I assume you need to remove the seat before folding. Is that easy enough?

>

> Along the lines of pushing without power, on one course I walk there are some long stretches between a few holes. Sometimes when there are two riders in carts we get a tow to the next hole. I doubt that is possible with this as there is the wheelie wheel which wouldn't allow tipping the cart on its rear wheels for a tow. Certainly not a deal breaker as not having to push the cart would make the long walks much easier.

>

> I'm getting closer, but am still squirming.

>

Β 

The cart can be used manually very easily. You simply depress the key in each wheel and slide it outward until it engages in it's freewheel position.

The wheelie bar does its job if you use common sense. First of all, be sure to extend the bar fully. When going up a steep hill, it is always advisable to walk right behind it just in case. The faster you go up a hill, the better your chances are of flipping it over. I have not done that yet haha. Go slowly up hills. I find that works very well. I don't see any reason why you couldn't use a stand bag. You may find, however, that since you don't have to carry or push, a cart bag with a lot of pockets would be better. More snacks, beverages, etc ........ The seat attaches to a bar that is inserted through the frame. The bar can remain while folding. The seat simply lifts off. You will feel so much better using this that you won't even want a tow between holes LOL!

Β 

Β 

My X9 arrived finally. The white was backordered for a bit.

I like it. I played 18 with it the first time and it definitely easier to walk instead of my clicgear. It turns a lot of heads, so expect too much attention but I think they advertise that fact...haha....

It was a total waste of money though, I don't think it was worth the $2600 I paid with the extended battery. It's a total extravagant item and I could of done well with the clicgear that I have. I just decided to splurge a bit but it's really nice.

A stand bag does not fit well on it. The plastic leg mechanism makes it too hard. I do have the Clicgear bag cushion, the padding goes on the clicgear to cushion the leg mechanism top but that thing doesn't fit on the x9. I luckily bought a Sun Mountain Tour bag years ago that I use to store extra clubs in. I bought it not thinking how heavy tour bags were, so I immediately switch to the Sun Mountain C130S hybrid bag. The Sun Mountain Tour bag fits the X9 perfectly.

It takes time to get used to using it. I have remember to clip the remote on your back and things like that but I got used to it after a few holes.

Never used a remote cart before, it takes practice to use it. It goes straight forward when you push forward, so it's not like a remote controlled car when you keep pressing the button down. So it will keep going forward until you tell it to stop, if not it's going into the lake...haha.... it turns really well on a dime.

• Like 1

So just over one month in and I can't say enough about my Motocaddy. Yesterday I did a track workout with some of my xc runners -totaled 9.5 miles just before noon. At 430 pm I walked 18 holes (80 plus degree day) and felt great. Could have played another 9. Being a competitive runner logging 40 miles per week, my legs get enough work so I don't need to push a cart. I play 3-4 times per week and the motocaddy is fantastic.

> @MUTTSx3 said:

> So just over one month in and I can't say enough about my Motocaddy. Yesterday I did a track workout with some of my xc runners -totaled 9.5 miles just before noon. At 430 pm I walked 18 holes (80 plus degree day) and felt great. Could have played another 9. Being a competitive runner logging 40 miles per week, my legs get enough work so I don't need to push a cart. I play 3-4 times per week and the motocaddy is fantastic.

Β 

Love my MC and have had the stand bag for a little over a month now - its perfect. Locks into the cart perfectly - and I love that the carry strap easily unclips from the bag when you are using the cart. There are a few minor design changes I would make in the next version but I love this bag so far.

Β 

Interesting that this season I am seeing a few more electrics around my club.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*Β Β Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> Anyone have a solution for a small storage net or basket on the MC handle?

Β 

On the handle itself, no. But I use the Clicgear accessory bag on mine. On my M3 Pro - last years model, not the new one - the downtube is maybe a mm or two smaller than the Clic so I needed to use a couple wraps of first aid tape on the downtube, then I put the Clic accessory clip on there. Works on both sides, I use one for the accessory bag and one for the sand mix bottle.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*Β Β Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash